Category: The Inner Shaman Written by Alberto Villoldo PhD
An Aya despacho brings closure energetically after a death. It is a collection of prayers and reminiscences that symbolize crossing over the rainbow bridge.
Any soul fragments that may be stuck or unfinished business is placed in the despacho to be burned so the soul doesn’t have to do this work to come to completion. This despacho is a deep celebration of the layers of a person’s life.
Begin by pouring a glass of red wine and white wine representing the blood of Pachamama and the mountains and give to Pachamama, outside. Then begin building the layers with sheets of black, red, green, blue, purple, gold and white paper. Use the ingredients you can find; you can substitute other fats for llama fat or create a drawing of a llama fetus.
Black layer – lower world, the unmanifested, the potential
- Place sugar in the four directions. Use breath and intent.
- place first set of kintus that represent all that is unmanifested in your lives, your potential. Each kintu has a red and white carnation petal holding it. Red for Pachamama, white for the apus.
- coca seeds–the unmanifest
- waruru seeds–masculine and feminine
- llama fetus–the unborn potential
- llama fat–capability of animating the unmanifest. It is the fuel to make the unmanifest, manifest.
Red Layer – Pachamama
- candles (not white)
- red wine, say thank you to Pachamama and pass it around
- photo of person
- herbs – thanking Pachamama for all the herbs she provides for us.
- coca seeds – the most sacred to this lineage
Green Layer – Kay Pacha – Middle world, this world of our lived reality.
- llama fat – again the fuel
- fruits, raisins, dates – represent the little old ancestors
- alphabet noodles – represent language, our spoken words.
- garbanzos, peanuts – all the foods our mother provides, our nourishment
- quinoa – high in protein
- tables, little figurines – that represent the aspects of our everyday life.
- loadstone or magnet
- coca seeds
- cinnamon stick
Blue Layer – the sky, clouds, the Apus
- clouds (Cotton balls)
- silica – magnetic qualities
- white corn
- white beads – air spirits
- white grains
- white flowers
- feather – flight
Purple layer – the rainbow layer
- seashell – container for the intent of the despacho
- inside the shell, a figure which connects the human and the sacred. This matches the person with their cosmic twin. We want to connect the spirit who has departed with their cosmic twin.
- multicolored wool represents the rainbow bridge
- rainbow ribbons
- string to surround as a circle of life
- confetti – joy
Gold/Yellow layer – vision, alignment with your destiny and you’re becoming.
Place a new layer of kintus.
- copal-golden incense to carry our dreams
- silver and gold leaf….the knowledge of Inti and the knowledge of the mystery of the moon.
- gold and silver flutes for the music in our lives
- starfish – for the concept of as above so below
- coca seeds
Final White layer – Oneness/ Nothingness
Finish by folding and tying with a gold and silver thread. Then take the despacho and place it into a fire to send the energy following the smoke to the heavens.
Are you ready to clear death from your calendar?
Alberto Villoldo PhD is a medical anthropologist who has spent the last 30 years investigating the healing practices of the shamans of the Amazon and the Andes. He is the founder and director of the Four Winds Society, and author of Shaman, Healer, Sage, Mending the Past and Healing the Future with Soul Retrieval, The Four Insights and Yoga, Power and Spirit. Alberto is founder of the world-renowned Four Winds Society and of the Light Body School. In his teachings and writings, he shares the experience of infinity and its ability to heal and transform us, to free us from the temporal chains that keep us fettered to illness, old age and disease.
© 2022 crystalwind.ca. All rights reserved. We track all IP addresses with sniffer technology. Using a Proxy/VPN will not hide your IP address.
CrystalWind.ca is free to access and use.
Spirit Animal Totem Of The Day!
Who is Online Now
We have 933 guests and no members online