Category: Inspired Mind Written by Brian Zeng Hits: 471
The Italians have a saying, “La vita è bella,” which means, “Life is beautiful.”
However, the going does get tough sometimes. Eventually, the stress of dealing with a million things every day gets to you and survival starts making your life demanding and difficult. Pretty soon, you feel like your day is turning into a series of obstacles.
Most people, however, forget that having a great day boils down to their approach and attitude, irrespective of the magnitude of the daily tasks.
Here are ten tips you can follow to have a great day, every single day.
1. Be the Early Bird
Waking up early, preferably before sunrise, can lead to several benefits. Most early risers tend to develop healthy sleeping cycles.
However, if you want to wake up early, you have to go to bed early as well. This means you can’t binge-watch the latest Game of Thrones episodes anymore. Sounds hard, but it’s well worth the effort.
Early risers can find more time to meditate, exercise, prepare a healthy breakfast, and plan their day. Thus, it helps them stay organized and develop healthy habits, which, in turn, help them deal with stress and anxiety.
Above all, waking up early induces a positive attitude that stays with you throughout the day, making you feel more energetic. So, stop being a night owl and start going to bed as early as possible.
2. Morning Meditation and Exercise
It may sound obvious, but if you rise early, engaging in meditation and\or some form of physical workout will be like placing a cherry on the cake.
Just ten to fifteen minutes of meditation can bring a heightened state of calmness to your mind. Select a calm and secluded corner in your home to meditate. Avoid changing the place, if possible.
You can perform a simple breathing exercise (Pranayama) to clear your mind of all the distractions. However, if you are also going to do vigorous exercise such as running, make sure to finish it first and then meditate for a few minutes.
Alternatively, you can also perform a relaxing round of yoga and meditation.
3. Eat Healthy Breakfast
Breakfast is the first meal of the day, so try to make it as healthy as possible. The ideal breakfast should keep you going for at least three to four hours.
So, make sure it is packed with proteins, carbohydrates, vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients. Apart from increasing your physical performance, a healthy breakfast will also aid weight management.
Always eat fresh home-cooked breakfast. If you are having a busy morning, at least grab your favorite fruit or juice before running towards your car.
Skipping breakfast will only make you overeat later in the day, which may lead to constipation and/or uneasiness. Healthy food keeps your tummy in sound condition that, in turn, leads to good health and mood.
4. Plan Your Day
Planning your day is one of the most important things you can do to turn every day into a great one. You can plan either before going to bed the previous night or first thing in the morning.
Thanks to modern technology, planning the day has become a lot easier. You can just grab your phone or laptop to plan your day within minutes. You can even set reminders for the most important tasks for the day.
Find out how much time you need to finish each task. Prioritize and plan the most important tasks first. Make sure to bunch similar tasks together to finish them in time.
If everything on your list is important (it usually is), try timeboxing each task. Allot only a fixed amount of time per task every day to keep a particular chore from falling behind.
However, it takes some serious practice and patience to develop timeboxing skills. Nevertheless, once you have mastered these skills, every day will be great.
5. Dress Well
This may seem ridiculous to some, but the secret to looking great and having a great day may be lying in your closet. If people dress according to their mood, why can’t they dress up to change their mood?
In other words, clothing may not only be the source of anxiety and depression, but can also be the powerhouse of happiness and confidence.
You probably have at least one favorite outfit that cheers you up. Find out that one ensemble, think why it makes you feel happy and confident, and buy clothes that have the same effect on your mood the next time you go shopping.
Women can also use jewelry to feel cheerful. Men, on the other hand, can put on a few accessories such as ties, sunglasses and even hats to lift their mood.
6. Take Short Breaks on Purpose
Most people think that they are too busy to take breaks. However, they couldn’t be any further from the truth.
If scheduled in advance, you can take short breaks between consecutive tasks throughout the day. They will certainly make you feel happy, productive and energetic.
You can engage in any activity that will keep you from getting bored such as walking, talking to a colleague (not about work though), calling your friend, or catching up on the latest news.
Remember, the purpose of such short breaks is to rejuvenate your mind and avoid feeling irritable. So, take a five-minute break every couple of hours, nothing more.
7. Spare Some Time for Your Hobby
Though you may be fond of sports and fitness-based activities, try to incorporate at least one artistic hobby into your agenda on a daily basis.
Having a hobby will allow you to get away from the work schedule that keeps getting tighter and tighter. Instead of running from one task to another, take some time off your daily schedule to express and enjoy yourself.
It can be something as simple as doodling in your short breaks. You can also engage in video games, schedule a game of hockey with your friends one evening and get jamming the next, or read the next chapter of that book you started.
Learning never gets old. Every time you pick up a hobby, you learn new skills and make new friends.
8. Spend Time with Your Loved Ones
Another way to have a great day is to spend some quality time with your loved ones.
Whether you are stuck in a job you hate or have turned your passion into your source of income, you are doing it for your family and loved ones. What’s the point of doing any of it if you can’t spend a few hours with them?
9. Appreciate What You Have
Do you have the tendency to overthink your troubles and take your blessings for granted? This is probably affecting your morale at the subconscious level. One quality that can instantly make you feel better about yourself is gratitude.
When you’re truly grateful for what you have, you feel less inclined to brood over what you may have missed. Further, you also stop comparing yourself to others once you’re at peace with yourself, which makes you happy about the way things are going for you.
Remember, life is short. Always make it a point to appreciate what you have. Doing so will bring you contentment and every day will be great.
10. Stay Focused in the Present Moment
Staying completely focused on one task at a time in the present will help you get your work done in time. As a result, you will be able to spend the day as planned. As you complete one task after other as planned, in time, you will feel relaxed, resulting in a good mood.
Think about it – the present moment is the only moment you have control over. The past is gone and the future is yet to come, so there is no point in stressing over them.
However, having a happy and productive moment in the present can do wonders for your life, as you know it. So, focus on the present moment and work towards creating happiness. You will have no trouble in having a great day ever.
Life gets better when we realize that it is our attitude towards our situations that makes all the difference. After all, the grass is always greener where you water it.
The above ten tips should help you mold your perspective so that you always have a great day, irrespective of the situation you’re in.
ॐ Namasté - Blessings!
© 2017 crystalwind.ca. All rights reserved.
Archive: Inspired Mind
- 2017 (127)
- October (7)
- September (15)
- • Clearings to Help In Drawing Healthy Boundaries
- • It’s Ok to Disagree
- • Negative People - How To Deal With Them
- • A Peaceful Heart
- • The Attachment Trap
- • It’s Okay to Let them Go & Not Forget Them
- • 7 Signs You Are Socially Awkward And How To Fix It
- • 5 Ways To Tap Into Your Creativity
- • The Importance of Trusting Yourself
- • Why Do Bad Things Happen To Good People? Is The Wrong Question.
- • Reframing Thoughts for Success
- • 10 Secrets to Having a Great Day That Everyone Misses
- • Asking for Help
- • 10 Important Truths About Life That Take Most People A Lifetime To Figure Out
- • When You Just Feel Like Escaping The Game of Life
- August (14)
- • 5 Grounding Exercises to Maintain Balance When Life Gets Hectic
- • When Kindness Becomes Toxic
- • The Importance Of Choosing Your Vibration
- • Beating Burnout
- • Signs from The Universe Are A Sacred Invitation to Remember Your Power to Manifest
- • Resisting the Intentional Opposite
- • How to Use a Gratitude Journal To Change Your Life
- • A 5 Minute Morning Ritual to Start Every Day Off Right
- • How I Manage Uncertainty
- • 5 Steps to Being the Change You Wish to See
- • Build a Healthy Relationship with Yourself
- • You Practice The Occult Every Day Because Words Are Magic Spells
- • Releasing Feelings of Unworthiness
- • Dealing With Chaotic Energies & Still Manifesting Happiness
- July (13)
- • How to Make the Most Out of Every Moment
- • Getting Comfortable with the Uncomfortable
- • 10 Incredible Things Pain Can Teach You
- • Honoring Life
- • 3 Question Tibetan Test Reveals Your Personality!
- • Freedom From Your Inner-Judge
- • Growing Strong Beyond Religious Believe Systems And Limitations
- • 5 Affirmations for Cultivating Self-Love
- • Regret Nothing
- • The Pursuit of Everyday Happiness and The Danish Art of Hygge
- • How Talking To Yourself Could Actually Mean You Are A Genius
- • 10 Harsh Truths of Life as an Over-thinker with a Sensitive Heart
- • Change This Habit, Change Your Life
- June (11)
- • Using Intentions to Transform Your Life
- • Letting Go Of Attachment
- • Humility - Sacred Sunday
- • Becoming Proud
- • 10 Things Successful People Do in the Morning
- • The Four Questions I Ask Myself Every Day
- • 9 Powerful Benefits of Sitting in Silence
- • What Makes Us Who We Are?
- • Creating a Healthy Relationship with Time
- • Our Precious Planet
- • 7 Ways to Clear Your Mind of Negative Thinking
- May (15)
- • Remembering the Importance of Gratitude
- • 6 Surprising Disadvantages of Being Highly Intelligent
- • 10 Things Never Learned in School
- • 4 Common Spiritual Myths & 1 Spiritual Truth
- • On Having the Courage to Change Your Life Story
- • Silence Your Inner Critic - 4 Words You Need to Stop Using for a Better Life
- • Give up Living Your Life According to Other People’s Expectations and Live It Your Way Instead
- • What Having a Peaceful Mind Means to Me
- • 5 Myths that Prevent You From Living Life to Your Fullest Potential
- • Gratefulness - How to Live Each Day to the Fullest
- • How Kindness Can Heal The Body
- • How to Make Big Life Changes Less Scary
- • World-Wide White Hat Takeover
- • There’s a Reason Why Being Kind-Hearted Attracts Toxic People
- • The One Habit That Robs You of Happiness
- April (15)
- • Why It’s So Important to Pursue Your Dreams
- • Emotional Suicide: The High Cost Of An Unfeeling Life
- • Releasing Codependency
- • The Greatest, Fastest, Surest Way To Experience Joy And Happiness
- • 20 Pieces of Important Life Advice From People Over 60
- • This Is The Day You Become A Better Person
- • When All Hope Is Gone
- • 15 Things That We Should All Stop Doing To Ourselves For Better Health And Happiness!
- • When Toxic Or Negative Energy Is Affecting You
- • Finding Purpose in Pain
- • Adjusting to Change Without Fear – The 7 Stages of Becoming Real
- • The One Feeling We Cannot Ignore
- • The Magnificent Life Mantra
- • The Wisdom of Silence: Learning to Talk Less and Say More
- • Empty Your Hurt And Open Your Heart
- March (8)
- • As one goes up – the other comes down
- • Michelle’s Choosing to See the Good Challenge
- • The 10 Commandments For Happiness
- • Four Steps to Cure Feeling Obligated
- • How to Be More Present
- • On Having the Courage to Walk Alone
- • 5 Times the Universe Had Your Back (Even Though You Didn’t Know It!)
- • Finding Freedom In Forgiveness
- February (17)
- • The Power of Practicing Acceptance
- • Pay It Forward
- • My Hope for You: How to Make the Rest of Your Life the Best of Your Life
- • How to Be Your Own Best Friend
- • Stop being afraid of yourself
- • What Others Think About You Is None Of Your Business
- • Born to be kind
- • How to attract love and prosperity
- • Beings of Love
- • Healing Depression: Valuable Truths to Help You Get Through Hard Times
- • 4 Habits That Add Stress to Your Life
- • The Biggest Disease Affecting Us: I’m Not Enough
- • This Comic Will Change The Way You Look At Privilege Forever
- • 5 Ways to Release Judgement & Criticism of Others
- • The Most Attractive Quality
- • On Keeping Your Dreams Alive
- • 7 Things You Can Do When Someone Is Rude
- January (12)
- • Receive the Hong Bao of Infinite Abundance
- • The Power of Your Words
- • Empowering Love
- • 2017 Year of the Rooster: A Wake-up Call
- • 30 Life Changing Lessons to Learn from Tony Robbins
- • How to Deal with Change
- • Forget the Past and Move On
- • Molecules of Kindness
- • 5 Quick Fixes When Feelings Get The Best Of You.
- • The best habit to develop in 2017
- • There Are 3 Ways To React To Failure (And One Of Them Guarantees Growth)
- • On Living Life like a Human Being, Not a Human Doing
- 2016 (154)
- December (10)
- • 15 Things You Don’t Owe Anyone At All (Though You Think You Do)
- • Your Love Shines Bright
- • Michelle’s Guide for a Peaceful Holiday
- • 6 Undeniable Reasons to Love Where You Are Right Now
- • Embracing Your Magnificence
- • Michelle’s December Kindness Challenge
- • The Science of High Performance in Sport
- • A Spiritual Guide to Dealing With Family Over the Holidays 2016
- • How to Find the Courage to Disappoint Your Family to Be True to Yourself
- • We Were Born for These Times
- November (11)
- • Gratitude in Action
- • 5 Affirmations for Dealing with Fear
- • The Wisdom of Stepping into The Unknown
- • 10 Thought Patterns That Will Leave You Feeling Stuck
- • 4 Powerful Truths That Will Change Your Life
- • Post-Election Path to Peace
- • 4 Ways to Release Fear From your Life
- • How to Keep Setbacks From Holding You Back
- • Why the Hell Would I Want to Skin a Cat?
- • When Should You Quit Your Job and Go After Your Passion?
- • How to Manage Stress During Stressful Times
- October (12)
- • Self Love: 5 Important Things You Should Know about It
- • Does a placebo work if you know it’s a placebo?
- • My Biggest Struggle and How I Overcome It
- • Women, Wisdom and Love
- • 4 Questions That Will Shift Your Life to a Whole New Level
- • Are You a People Pleaser? Here is How to Claim Back Your Self-Worth
- • This Simple Principle Changed My Life
- • How to be a leader of light
- • How a child with Chickenpox stopped itching
- • How to Shift from a Fixed Mindset into a Growth Mindset
- • 3 Simple Ways to Deepen Your Relationships
- • 4 Easy Tips to Create Happiness and Freedom Every Day
- September (8)
- • A Really Big Idea
- • The #1 Key to Finding Happiness
- • How to Release and Let Go of the Stories You Keep Telling Yourself
- • 6 Common Habits That Are Holding You Back
- • The 3 Types of Energy Behind Your Anxiety
- • The #1 Key to Figuring Out Your Purpose
- • How to use visualisation to boost your self-love
- • 10 Day Digital Detox: The Ups, Downs, & How You Can Do It Too!
- August (7)
- July (10)
- • The #1 Way to Bridge Our Differences
- • The Time Myth: You Have Nowhere to Be but Here
- • You’re Under NO Obligation
- • Choosing Love Over Fear
- • On Having the Courage to Follow Your Heart and Intuition
- • 10 Signs from the Universe That You Are Walking The Wrong Way
- • 5 Affirmations for Difficult Times
- • Outpourings of Love
- • When Things Get Good, Why Do Bad Things Happen?
- • What Freedom Means to Me & How I Live Freely
- June (12)
- • How to Let Go Of Something That No Longer Serves You
- • 5 Reminders for Difficult Times
- • The Miracle of Divine Perception
- • Are You Getting What You Deserve In Your Life?
- • How The Happiest Man On Earth Stays Happy.
- • 5 Self-Sabotaging Habits
- • The Control Dramas-A Lesson From “The Celestine Prophecy”
- • Courage
- • The Amazing Science Behind Earthing
- • The Highest Good Of Creativity.
- • The Universe is So Alive!
- • 8 Important Reminders When You Are Finding it Hard to Forgive
- May (17)
- • Gifts To Receive Right Here. Right Now.
- • 5 Ways to Give Up Complaining and Boost Your Positivity
- • 6 Signs You Need A Major Life Change
- • When People Can’t Hear You: Vibrational Differences
- • 5 Questions to Help You Find Your Path
- • How to deflect negative emotion
- • How to Manifest Your Desires With an Open Mind
- • Why It’s OK To Procrastinate: Staying In The Zone.
- • Feeling Your Way to Feeling Better
- • Why You Haven’t Been Lucky In Love
- • The Power Of A Smile
- • Noticing What We Take In
- • How to Have a Better Relationship with Time
- • Living happily ever after…
- • Make a Wish! 19 Magical Moments to Ask for What You Want
- • How to Incorporate Meditation into Your Daily Activities
- • Why You’re Like A Wild Flower Even Though You Don’t Know It
- April (15)
- • Let’s Talk About Abundance For A Moment
- • Finding Your Center When You Are Emotionally Triggered
- • How to slow ageing
- • Turn Your Unhappiness Into Happiness In Five Easy Steps
- • Don’t Let Your Research Kill Your Dreams!
- • New Study Reveals Why Intelligent People Are Usually Loners
- • How to Be Ok With Your Anger and Other Negative Emotions
- • How to Persevere When You Feel like Giving Up
- • Finding A Friendly Universe When It Feels Like The World’s Against You
- • Being Not Doing
- • 9 Ways to Let Go of Your Past and Start Over
- • The power of a hug
- • 3 New Views On Time To Help You Slow Down And Be Present
- • 15 Healthy Beliefs to Be Stubborn About
- • Four Lessons That Changed My Life
- March (18)
- • Why Some People Are MAGNETS for Bad Relationships
- • Are You Still Playing the Blame Game?
- • How to Make Yourself Immune to Secondhand Stress
- • How to Attract More of What You Want in Life
- • How to Let Go of Toxic Friendships Consciously
- • What Makes Us Present? This One’s A Surprise!
- • Keep Calm and Carry On: Election Edition
- • Why Silence Is Often the Best Response to a Verbal Attack
- • 6 Morning Habits That Lead To Daily Happiness
- • Setting Those Voices In Our Head Straight
- • How to Deal with Indecision
- • How Imagination Begins Manifestation
- • The Art of Self-Correction
- • What We Fear Isn’t As Scary As We Might Think
- • 10 Ways to Turn a Bad Day Around
- • Dream Big! You Are An Infinite Possibility
- • Exploring Your Resistance
- • Inspiration And How It Connects You To Spirit
- February (16)
- • Do You Know What You Want?
- • You Don’t Have to Know All the Answers (In Fact, It’s Better if You Don’t)
- • The Power of Being Imbalanced
- • Raise Your Vibration & Change Your Situation
- • The Importance of Accepting People Where They Are
- • Does What You Feel Mean Something About You?
- • Living an Inspired Life – Every Day
- • How I Began to Get it Done
- • Learning How to Create Peace From Within
- • Find yourself vs reveal yourself
- • How to Call in Love
- • Are We Really Who We Think We Are?
- • How to Live a More Inspired Life
- • How you light-up a life
- • Why Procrastination May Be Good for the Soul
- • Breakdowns Can Be Our Breakthroughs
- January (18)
- • It’s Not Rejection, It’s Redirection
- • How To Let Go Of What Makes You Unhappy
- • Be Mindful and Alert!
- • Are You Resisting The Situation Or A Personal Transformation?
- • Dealing with Negative Self Talk
- • Make Mistakes And Be Imperfect! (It’ll Save Your Life.)
- • Because the Purpose of Life Is to Help Others
- • 5 Things to Stop Doing…Right Now
- • Stopped A Project You Started? Here’s How To Continue.
- • Five Feel-Good Affirmations
- • Morning Rituals To Set Yourself Up For Success All Year Long
- • Are You Dreaming Big Enough? 3 Sure Signs
- • Allow yourself to be inspired by others.
- • It’s Ok to Breakdown
- • The Dark Side of the Ambition
- • 6 Things Optimists Do Differently
- • New Year, New Intentions!
- • Bad Karma - Obstacle or Challenge on the Spiritual Path?
- December (10)
- 2015 (19)
- December (17)
- • 15 New Year’s Resolutions Every Person Should Actually Make
- • When Life Doesn’t Go as Planned
- • Who Says We Have To Be Happy? Here’s Another Option
- • Making Ordinary Moments Extraordinary
- • 12 Reasons to Forgive the Person Who Hurt You the Most
- • How to End 2015 on a High Note
- • Why True Love Is Eternal
- • It’s time to write your Soul Goals
- • 4 Ways to Create Happiness
- • How I Manage Holiday Expectations
- • 15 Things to Stop Doing Right Now (If You Want to Manifest Your Dreams)
- • Mind Over Matter
- • How I deal with difficult situations
- • 9 Essential Ways to Find Meaning in Your Life
- • The Heart is Your Best Teacher and Friend
- • Not Letting Failure ‘Go to Your Heart’
- • 3 Reasons Why People Are Addicted to Negativity
- November (2)
- December (17)