Category: Inspired Mind Written by Brian Zeng Hits: 516
Even the best of us feel stuck at some point. Whether it’s a toxic relationship or an overall mental exhaustion, the momentum of your life gets quickly tossed out. The stagnation is so overwhelming that you feel like you don’t want to live anymore.
At such a point, most people keep hoping for an external change to bring the momentum back. However, change comes from within, not from external factors. In short, being stuck is an inner feeling. You will get unstuck only if you choose to take the necessary steps.
I Don’t Want to Live Anymore: 11 Ways to Get Unstuck
1. Forget Your Past Failures
We all have made mistakes or someone close has hurt us at some point in our lives. However, thinking about your unfortunate past will only instigate the feeling of bitterness and sadness. It doesn’t matter what happened in the past, what you learn from those experiences is probably more important than being stuck with that pain.
Things aren’t going to change on their own. So, make a firm decision to stop thinking about your past. Take conscious efforts to let go of everything, including material things, role models, beliefs, and judgments that remind you of the past.
They should also evolve with the changing times. Get the pain and frustration out of your system once and for all. It will not only help you let go of your past but also help you understand the precise role you played in it.
Most importantly, you must forgive yourself and those who have hurt you in the past. It isn’t a sign of weakness but the ability to raise yourself above others. Finally, yet importantly, focus on the present and the future as it will prevent your mind from thinking about the past.
2. Take Responsibility for Your Actions
Everyone makes mistakes, but a sensible person takes responsibility for his actions. Unless you have developed the ability to own your actions (and resulting consequences), earning self-respect and respect from your peers and friends is next to impossible.
Whether you have an unreasonable life partner or a demanding boss, you are always accountable for your response. In other words, taking responsibility for your actions is the first step towards creating the kind of life you want.
For example, instead of making petty excuses, saying “Sorry, I messed up. What can I do to make it up to you” can strengthen your professional and personal relationships in the long run. People will acknowledge your honesty and integrity.
Stop blaming others and start looking into yourself. Recognize your strengths and weaknesses. Try to turn your weaknesses and bad habits around. Once you have a complete picture of who you are, being responsible feels natural and fun.
3. Find Your Purpose
Most people feel stuck because they lack purpose. Purpose is something that makes you feel alive, it adds sparkle to your seemingly mundane life.
Is there anything at all that makes you feel alive? What makes you go that extra mile? What makes you lose track of time when you are doing it? Asking yourself these questions is a great way to explore your purpose.
If you think you have already fulfilled your purpose, you should start seeking a new one. After all, you must be passionate about something. It could be anything as simple as running a kitchen for the homeless or volunteering for a local animal shelter.
Finding your purpose essentially means taking the necessary steps to reach a state of happiness and satisfaction that goes well beyond material things.
4. Live Your Life as an Adventure
What comes to your mind when someone talks about living an adventurous life? Venturing into the wild like Bear Grylls armed with just a backpack? Taking up skydiving or mountain climbing?
Unfortunately, most people don’t have the resources and the guts to accomplish any of these things. But, the good news is that you don’t have to do something extreme to make your life exciting.
The simplest way to tickle your adventurous side is to try something new. For example, you can get a personal makeover such as a new haircut or try a new outfit. You can also learn a new skill or hobby such as playing a sport or a musical instrument. In short, it involves stepping out of your comfort zone for a while and exploring your wild side.
However, traveling is still the best way to live an adventure. You get to meet new people and explore unknown cultures. You may not be able to take that trip to the Bahamas right now, but you can start planning it nonetheless. In fact, planning a trip is as exciting as actually going on one.
5. Stop Comparing Yourself to Others
Comparison can be a valuable tool for evaluating your strengths and weaknesses. Unfortunately, most people end up comparing the strengths of others to their weaknesses. This kind of comparison can throw you into the vortex of self-doubt and depression.
The rise of social media has further exacerbated the situation, as people are getting unrestricted access to material upon which to compare themselves. Unfortunately, chronic comparison acts like a slow poison.
Stop comparing yourself to others, as it is perhaps the best way to mitigate this problem. However, you can use comparison to keep track of your growth as a person. Just make sure to avoid comparing yourself unfavorably to anyone. Whenever you compare yourself to others, stop and ask yourself if you are comparing your strength to theirs in a fair manner.
6. Listen to Your Favorite Track
The effects of music on the human mind are not yet fully understood. However, it is a well-known fact that your favorite music has a calming effect on your mind, while the music you dislike tends to have the exact opposite effect.
A scientific study published in Nature has confirmed that listening to the right music can potentially lift not just your mood, but also your creativity, productivity, and calmness. In other words, listening to your favorite music changes the response of your brain, dramatically.
So, put on your favorite track to get your mind off the negative thoughts. You can also think of undergoing music therapy if required.
Usually, this therapy focuses on improving your physical as well as mental well-being and developing cognitive and social skills through music. However, at least, try to listen to your favorite music at least for a few minutes, particularly when you are feeling low.
7. Embrace Uncertainty
From constant floods and earthquakes to the ever-changing economy, life is full of uncertainties. Uncertainty is a terrifying notion to most people because it embodies the possibilities of potential disasters and dangers. That’s why embracing the certainty rather than fearing it is a vital skill that you must develop.
To embrace uncertainty, you first need to realize that you cannot control every aspect of your life. For example, you may perform a given task with all your heart; still, your boss may decline to recognize your efforts.
Does that mean you shouldn’t work hard? No! But the feeling of having control over everything in your life is illusory at times. So, try to convince your inner self that uncertainty is perpetual. You can do your best and still expect things to go sideways.
The best way to experience uncertainty first hand is to go out there and try new things. Take the road less traveled. Do what makes you feel uncomfortable. Take calculated risks. When you step out of your comfort zone, you become intimately familiar with uncertainty.
8. Focus on What You Have
Most people fail to realize the potential of gratitude. Gratitude teaches you to focus on what you can do with what you have. It changes your perspective towards life.
For example, in this fragile economic scenario, maybe you are underpaid. However, you are still better off than people who are jobless. Thus, when you focus on what you have instead of what you don’t, you start looking at the bigger picture.
The first thing you need to do is to count your blessings every day before going to bed. Learn to appreciate what you have, including your loved ones. Always try to do the best you can with what you have.
Remember, all the successful people began their journey with a small step. After all, Bill Gates started Microsoft in a garage. Indulge in simple acts of kindness such as helping an old person cross the street or buying a fresh latte for your colleague.
9. Don’t Ignore Your Problems
Don’t ignore your problems because you can’t run forever. Eventually, you will have to face them. Don’t expect others to solve your problems either. Sure, your friends and loved ones can support you during tough times, but they can’t help you forever. Therefore, you need to step up and face your problems head-on.
In today’s overstressed environment, people often tend to ignore small problems until they become too big to be ignored. As a result, you spend more time and resources, trying to mitigate the damages caused by such problems. Instead, you need to deal with a problem before it gets out of hand, putting out the fire before it burns your house to ashes.
Get yourself organized. Make a list of all your daily tasks and plan your next day before going to bed. It will allow you to find time to deal with the smallest issues in your life. Keep track of all the tasks to make sure they are taken care of well in time.
10. Connect with Your Inner-Self
No! I am not asking you to meditate in a cave for years or to reach a state of nirvana. All you need to do is find some time to connect with your inner-self every day. Just talk to that inner critic and see how he is feeling today.
The truth is, your inner-self is communicating with you continually, even when you are asleep. But when you become consciously aware of this inner voice, you can channel its energy to increase your productivity and creativity.
Meditation, of course, is the most common way to find your inner-self and connect with it. However, spending some time in nature can also help you in this regard. Try to escape from the concrete jungle whenever possible. Take a hike in the nearby woods and explore your surroundings. Just disconnect from your city life for a while.
Indulging in your favorite hobby is also a great way to connect with your inner-self. Try to find some spare time for your hobby or passion. You can also practice mindfulness to become exceptionally aware of your inner-self as well as surroundings. Mindfulness is nothing but focusing your entire attention on the task at hand.
11. Never Stop Trying
You might be going through a hailstorm right now, but in due course of time, the sky will become clear. However, you should never stop trying. Life is not always fair. It will knock you down real hard sometimes, but you have to get back up and keep moving.
The moment you give in, your life will go into a continual state of stagnation. You will feel empty inside even if everything seems to be going well. You can take well-planned breaks to recharge yourself. However, whatever your purpose, whatever the obstacles, never stop trying. Remember, slow and steady wins the race.
Vicissitudes are an inescapable part of our lives. Sometimes, however, your spirit is so low that you spiral into a never-ending state of stagnancy.
You must not lose hope and perseverance during such difficult times. All you need to do is take the first step to bring back the momentum of your life. Hopefully, these 11 tips will help you overcome the feeling that you don’t want to live anymore.
ॐ Namasté - Blessings!
© 2008-2018 crystalwind.ca. All rights reserved.
Archive: Inspired Mind
- 2018 (30)
- March (10)
- • Reminders to Release Comparison and Competition
- • Sleep Hypnosis to Become Your Ideal Self
- • Earth Day Tips: Seven Ways to Save Energy, Planet, and Money
- • What It Means To Live In A Reality Of Necessary Distractions
- • What I Learned After Years of Going Against My Intuition
- • Reduce Anxiety: Sleep Hypnosis to Reduce & Reverse Anxiety
- • Calling All Trailblazers
- • A Powerful Practice for Healing & Forgiveness
- • Therapeutic Journaling: How to Use Journaling to Help Solve Life’s Biggest Challenges
- • Visualising Illness into Wellness
- February (10)
- • How I Transformed My Relationship with Fear
- • Creating A Successful, Future Version Of Yourself
- • Why Do We Have Resistance To Change
- • 7 Powerful Tips to Help You Become Fearless
- • Answer Your Heart’s Wake-up Calls With More Love And Less Fear
- • Lessons in Vulnerability
- • What I Wish I’d Known Before An Unexpected Loss
- • Day Dreamer
- • My Favorite Reminder to Help Relieve Anxiety
- • The Long Journey from Having, to Doing, to Being
- January (10)
- • 6 Things You Should Never Share With Other People
- • Remembering the Importance of Play
- • 22 Things That Have Become a Norm Since 2012
- • The 4 Benefits of Setting Healthy Boundaries
- • 6 Techniques to Stop Worrying
- • Working with Shame
- • Managing the Monkey Mind
- • New Beginnings with Love
- • Reconciling With The Divine Masculine In Us & Making Peace With Masculine Energies
- • By Doing What You Love, Success Will Follow
- March (10)
- 2017 (155)
- December (14)
- • Powerful Steps in Making Changes In Your Personal Cycle
- • The Right Thing To Do
- • Nine Tips To Start 2018 The Best Way
- • The Pleasure Monologues
- • Feelings Are Always Right
- • Reviewing Your Personal Cycles And Patterns For 2018
- • Powerful Steps To Changes In Your Personal Cycle!
- • Ego or Heart-Based Coping
- • Encouraging Children To Achieve Their Dreams
- • The Spirit of Love
- • The Process Of Expansion
- • 11 Ways to Overcome the Feeling That You Don’t Want to Live Anymore
- • The Importance of Feeling Your Feelings: My 5-Step Process
- • The You of Today Is Not the You of Tomorrow: Lessons on Change and Impermanence
- November (14)
- • What It Means To Ride Out Change
- • 5 Hacks Highly Successful Entrepreneurs Use to Stay Laser-Focused
- • The Importance of Slowing Down
- • Why the Search for Happiness Keeps Making Us Sad - Chasing Rainbows
- • Forgive the Story
- • Embracing Imperfection
- • Getting Started With Adult Coloring
- • The Opposite Of Stress
- • Letting Go Of Perfect
- • Five Keys to Freedom and Forgiveness
- • Ultimate Guide To Happiness
- • People Who Have Struggled Most In Life Are Always The Kindest
- • The Six Stages of Managing Letdowns
- • 7 Ways To Get Back On Track When You Hate Your Life
- October (10)
- • 3 Reminders for Stressful Times
- • A Conscious Compassionate Action Movement
- • The Dalai Lama's 18 Rules For Living
- • My #1 Practice for Feeling Free
- • How Kindness Can Reduce Wrinkles
- • 10 Unusual Ways to Earn Money as a Writer
- • The 5 Best Pieces of Advice I’ve Received
- • Breath of Love
- • Finding Happiness in Dark Times
- • The Importance of Setting Boundaries
- September (14)
- • Clearings to Help In Drawing Healthy Boundaries
- • It’s Ok to Disagree
- • A Peaceful Heart
- • The Attachment Trap
- • It’s Okay to Let them Go & Not Forget Them
- • 7 Signs You Are Socially Awkward And How To Fix It
- • 5 Ways To Tap Into Your Creativity
- • The Importance of Trusting Yourself
- • Why Do Bad Things Happen To Good People? Is The Wrong Question.
- • Reframing Thoughts for Success
- • 10 Secrets to Having a Great Day That Everyone Misses
- • Asking for Help
- • 10 Important Truths About Life That Take Most People A Lifetime To Figure Out
- • When You Just Feel Like Escaping The Game of Life
- August (12)
- • 5 Grounding Exercises to Maintain Balance When Life Gets Hectic
- • The Importance Of Choosing Your Vibration
- • Beating Burnout
- • Resisting the Intentional Opposite
- • How to Use a Gratitude Journal To Change Your Life
- • A 5 Minute Morning Ritual to Start Every Day Off Right
- • How I Manage Uncertainty
- • 5 Steps to Being the Change You Wish to See
- • Build a Healthy Relationship with Yourself
- • You Practice The Occult Every Day Because Words Are Magic Spells
- • Releasing Feelings of Unworthiness
- • Dealing With Chaotic Energies & Still Manifesting Happiness
- July (13)
- • How to Make the Most Out of Every Moment
- • Getting Comfortable with the Uncomfortable
- • 10 Incredible Things Pain Can Teach You
- • Honoring Life
- • 3 Question Tibetan Test Reveals Your Personality!
- • Freedom From Your Inner-Judge
- • Growing Strong Beyond Religious Believe Systems And Limitations
- • 5 Affirmations for Cultivating Self-Love
- • Regret Nothing
- • The Pursuit of Everyday Happiness and The Danish Art of Hygge
- • How Talking To Yourself Could Actually Mean You Are A Genius
- • 10 Harsh Truths of Life as an Over-thinker with a Sensitive Heart
- • Change This Habit, Change Your Life
- June (11)
- • Using Intentions to Transform Your Life
- • Letting Go Of Attachment
- • Humility - Sacred Sunday
- • Becoming Proud
- • 10 Things Successful People Do in the Morning
- • The Four Questions I Ask Myself Every Day
- • 9 Powerful Benefits of Sitting in Silence
- • What Makes Us Who We Are?
- • Creating a Healthy Relationship with Time
- • Our Precious Planet
- • 7 Ways to Clear Your Mind of Negative Thinking
- May (15)
- • Remembering the Importance of Gratitude
- • 6 Surprising Disadvantages of Being Highly Intelligent
- • 10 Things Never Learned in School
- • 4 Common Spiritual Myths & 1 Spiritual Truth
- • On Having the Courage to Change Your Life Story
- • Silence Your Inner Critic - 4 Words You Need to Stop Using for a Better Life
- • Give up Living Your Life According to Other People’s Expectations and Live It Your Way Instead
- • What Having a Peaceful Mind Means to Me
- • 5 Myths that Prevent You From Living Life to Your Fullest Potential
- • Gratefulness - How to Live Each Day to the Fullest
- • How Kindness Can Heal The Body
- • How to Make Big Life Changes Less Scary
- • World-Wide White Hat Takeover
- • There’s a Reason Why Being Kind-Hearted Attracts Toxic People
- • The One Habit That Robs You of Happiness
- April (15)
- • Why It’s So Important to Pursue Your Dreams
- • Emotional Suicide: The High Cost Of An Unfeeling Life
- • Releasing Codependency
- • The Greatest, Fastest, Surest Way To Experience Joy And Happiness
- • 20 Pieces of Important Life Advice From People Over 60
- • This Is The Day You Become A Better Person
- • When All Hope Is Gone
- • 15 Things That We Should All Stop Doing To Ourselves For Better Health And Happiness!
- • When Toxic Or Negative Energy Is Affecting You
- • Finding Purpose in Pain
- • Adjusting to Change Without Fear – The 7 Stages of Becoming Real
- • The One Feeling We Cannot Ignore
- • The Magnificent Life Mantra
- • The Wisdom of Silence: Learning to Talk Less and Say More
- • Empty Your Hurt And Open Your Heart
- March (8)
- • As one goes up – the other comes down
- • Michelle’s Choosing to See the Good Challenge
- • The 10 Commandments For Happiness
- • Four Steps to Cure Feeling Obligated
- • How to Be More Present
- • On Having the Courage to Walk Alone
- • 5 Times the Universe Had Your Back (Even Though You Didn’t Know It!)
- • Finding Freedom In Forgiveness
- February (17)
- • The Power of Practicing Acceptance
- • Pay It Forward
- • My Hope for You: How to Make the Rest of Your Life the Best of Your Life
- • How to Be Your Own Best Friend
- • Stop being afraid of yourself
- • What Others Think About You Is None Of Your Business
- • Born to be kind
- • How to attract love and prosperity
- • Beings of Love
- • Healing Depression: Valuable Truths to Help You Get Through Hard Times
- • 4 Habits That Add Stress to Your Life
- • The Biggest Disease Affecting Us: I’m Not Enough
- • This Comic Will Change The Way You Look At Privilege Forever
- • 5 Ways to Release Judgement & Criticism of Others
- • The Most Attractive Quality
- • On Keeping Your Dreams Alive
- • 7 Things You Can Do When Someone Is Rude
- January (12)
- • Receive the Hong Bao of Infinite Abundance
- • The Power of Your Words
- • Empowering Love
- • 2017 Year of the Rooster: A Wake-up Call
- • 30 Life Changing Lessons to Learn from Tony Robbins
- • How to Deal with Change
- • Forget the Past and Move On
- • Molecules of Kindness
- • 5 Quick Fixes When Feelings Get The Best Of You.
- • The best habit to develop in 2017
- • There Are 3 Ways To React To Failure (And One Of Them Guarantees Growth)
- • On Living Life like a Human Being, Not a Human Doing
- December (14)
- 2016 (115)
- December (10)
- • 15 Things You Don’t Owe Anyone At All (Though You Think You Do)
- • Your Love Shines Bright
- • Michelle’s Guide for a Peaceful Holiday
- • 6 Undeniable Reasons to Love Where You Are Right Now
- • Embracing Your Magnificence
- • Michelle’s December Kindness Challenge
- • The Science of High Performance in Sport
- • A Spiritual Guide to Dealing With Family Over the Holidays 2016
- • How to Find the Courage to Disappoint Your Family to Be True to Yourself
- • We Were Born for These Times
- November (11)
- • Gratitude in Action
- • 5 Affirmations for Dealing with Fear
- • The Wisdom of Stepping into The Unknown
- • 10 Thought Patterns That Will Leave You Feeling Stuck
- • 4 Powerful Truths That Will Change Your Life
- • Post-Election Path to Peace
- • 4 Ways to Release Fear From your Life
- • How to Keep Setbacks From Holding You Back
- • Why the Hell Would I Want to Skin a Cat?
- • When Should You Quit Your Job and Go After Your Passion?
- • How to Manage Stress During Stressful Times
- October (12)
- • Self Love: 5 Important Things You Should Know about It
- • Does a placebo work if you know it’s a placebo?
- • My Biggest Struggle and How I Overcome It
- • Women, Wisdom and Love
- • 4 Questions That Will Shift Your Life to a Whole New Level
- • Are You a People Pleaser? Here is How to Claim Back Your Self-Worth
- • This Simple Principle Changed My Life
- • How to be a leader of light
- • How a child with Chickenpox stopped itching
- • How to Shift from a Fixed Mindset into a Growth Mindset
- • 3 Simple Ways to Deepen Your Relationships
- • 4 Easy Tips to Create Happiness and Freedom Every Day
- September (8)
- • A Really Big Idea
- • The #1 Key to Finding Happiness
- • How to Release and Let Go of the Stories You Keep Telling Yourself
- • 6 Common Habits That Are Holding You Back
- • The 3 Types of Energy Behind Your Anxiety
- • The #1 Key to Figuring Out Your Purpose
- • How to use visualisation to boost your self-love
- • 10 Day Digital Detox: The Ups, Downs, & How You Can Do It Too!
- August (7)
- July (10)
- • The #1 Way to Bridge Our Differences
- • The Time Myth: You Have Nowhere to Be but Here
- • You’re Under NO Obligation
- • Choosing Love Over Fear
- • On Having the Courage to Follow Your Heart and Intuition
- • 10 Signs from the Universe That You Are Walking The Wrong Way
- • 5 Affirmations for Difficult Times
- • Outpourings of Love
- • When Things Get Good, Why Do Bad Things Happen?
- • What Freedom Means to Me & How I Live Freely
- June (12)
- • How to Let Go Of Something That No Longer Serves You
- • 5 Reminders for Difficult Times
- • The Miracle of Divine Perception
- • Are You Getting What You Deserve In Your Life?
- • How The Happiest Man On Earth Stays Happy.
- • 5 Self-Sabotaging Habits
- • The Control Dramas-A Lesson From “The Celestine Prophecy”
- • Courage
- • The Amazing Science Behind Earthing
- • The Highest Good Of Creativity.
- • The Universe is So Alive!
- • 8 Important Reminders When You Are Finding it Hard to Forgive
- May (17)
- • Gifts To Receive Right Here. Right Now.
- • 5 Ways to Give Up Complaining and Boost Your Positivity
- • 6 Signs You Need A Major Life Change
- • When People Can’t Hear You: Vibrational Differences
- • 5 Questions to Help You Find Your Path
- • How to deflect negative emotion
- • How to Manifest Your Desires With an Open Mind
- • Why It’s OK To Procrastinate: Staying In The Zone.
- • Feeling Your Way to Feeling Better
- • Why You Haven’t Been Lucky In Love
- • The Power Of A Smile
- • Noticing What We Take In
- • How to Have a Better Relationship with Time
- • Living happily ever after…
- • Make a Wish! 19 Magical Moments to Ask for What You Want
- • How to Incorporate Meditation into Your Daily Activities
- • Why You’re Like A Wild Flower Even Though You Don’t Know It
- April (15)
- • Let’s Talk About Abundance For A Moment
- • Finding Your Center When You Are Emotionally Triggered
- • How to slow ageing
- • Turn Your Unhappiness Into Happiness In Five Easy Steps
- • Don’t Let Your Research Kill Your Dreams!
- • New Study Reveals Why Intelligent People Are Usually Loners
- • How to Be Ok With Your Anger and Other Negative Emotions
- • How to Persevere When You Feel like Giving Up
- • Finding A Friendly Universe When It Feels Like The World’s Against You
- • Being Not Doing
- • 9 Ways to Let Go of Your Past and Start Over
- • The power of a hug
- • 3 New Views On Time To Help You Slow Down And Be Present
- • 15 Healthy Beliefs to Be Stubborn About
- • Four Lessons That Changed My Life
- March (13)
- • Why Some People Are MAGNETS for Bad Relationships
- • Are You Still Playing the Blame Game?
- • How to Make Yourself Immune to Secondhand Stress
- • How to Attract More of What You Want in Life
- • How to Let Go of Toxic Friendships Consciously
- • What Makes Us Present? This One’s A Surprise!
- • Keep Calm and Carry On: Election Edition
- • Why Silence Is Often the Best Response to a Verbal Attack
- • 6 Morning Habits That Lead To Daily Happiness
- • Setting Those Voices In Our Head Straight
- • How to Deal with Indecision
- • How Imagination Begins Manifestation
- • The Art of Self-Correction
- December (10)