Category: Inspired Mind Hits: 613
It recently did inspire me to put together a list of things that I have observed about myself and others. These tendencies, according to my opinion, are issues that can make life more complicated and unhappy if you permit them to rule your world. This is something that makes it more harder to go through than it does need to be. Do please read through the following list attached and examine just how many of these tendencies do apply to yourself. You can also feel free to add some more tendencies, if you’d like, in the comment section that will be provided for feedback here.
1. Quit running away from your problems:
You cannot run away from problems. It will only prove to make the distance to solve them all the more longer and harder a thing to accomplish. So, with this said, it is best to face your problems head on and be determined to solve them. Challenges come up for a reason in your life. They are in place to be difficult and for us to overcome as hard as we can. By facing the odds against you, you learn how to conquer them, by becoming a whole lot stronger and determined to get past them. You become a much better version of yourself than before.
2. Don’t lie to yourself and others around you:
Lying is the most cumulative of all the processes. What can start outas being something small and harmless can turn into something big and false that is very far from reality. It prevents you from being taken seriously and honestly. No one wants the reputation of being regarded and seen as a liar. Therefore, when we lie to others, we lie to ourselves. We do it to protect our egos that are fragile. We might even read the list of tendencies that are here and lie to ourselves further. We don’t want to admit that we do these tendencies ourselves a whole lot. Remember, that in the past, it has sort of defined who you are and you hold the power to be honest and to change the future for yourself. Being honest and truthful is a much lighter and nicer existence than lying constantly is.
3. Stop letting fears of making mistakes hold you back from doing something:
Mistakes can turn out to be very frustrating at times. However, they aren’t worth holding yourself back on, and to give into what you feel pulled to do on your own. We do learn from our mistakes. This is a universal truth. Because you can learn everything better by stepping outside from inside your comfort zone. Doing something different or new opens up a person to more possibilities.
4. Don’t compare yourself constantly to others:
It doesn’t matter if it is an iconic figure, a family member or friend, a coworker, you should never compare yourself or your circumstances to that of someone else. Humans do sometimes have a natural tendency to do this. Just think of yourself how many times, you have said to yourself, “how nice” when looking at the facet of another person’s life. It doesn’t matter if the grass is greener on the other side. We should never focus on someone else’s grass. We should only focus on the grass beneath our own feet.
5. Stop living for something in your future:
It doesn’t matter if it is something as temporary as taking a vacation or as permanent as saving for one’s retirement. Though it is great to want to have something for the future. People should focus more on living for the now. Because no one knows what the future may bring or be about. It prevents one from living for now. You are never going to be younger than now. So, why wait for the future, when you have now? Live for now. You can still look for tomorrow. Just don’t stop enjoying now and the present.
6. Avoid having people feel sorry for you:
There is no one out there who really likes a negative Nancy or a Peter who is pessimistic. Therefore, it only makes sense to be not share the unpleasant or unfavorable, if anything we should only endeavor to share the good and not the bad. It isn’t a good practice to get someone to feel sympathy or sorry for you. Just accept whatever is plaguing you and be determined to move on. Things will only get better if you make them positive and not into a negative drama.
7. Don’t try to relive or make up for the past:
Your past doesn’t define you. You define you. Don’t put so much effort into trying to revisit or make up for your past. Regard it as water under the bridge. Focus all of your energy and attention on the present and live your life for now. Put the past behind you and say goodbye.
8. Quit putting things for tomorrow and all eternal:
Quit letting laziness keep you down. You are the only one who can make difference to yourself and you need to do this. Laziness can prove to be a very lethal thing. Don’t let it poison your life. Seize the moment and don’t put anything off any longer. When you motivate yourself. You become far more productive. It is you and you alone who can get it going. Get it in gear now!
9. Don’t blame things outside of you:
We can all become victims of other people or situations. Therefore, don’t let it haunt you the rest of your life. Don’t inaccurately point the blame elsewhere. Own up to yourself. Own up to why you are holding your own self back and what is the cause of it. If you have caused anything in your life. Own up to it, accept it, and embrace it for what it is. Be determined to be better in the future.
10. Don’t let the past make you think bad of others:
We all make mistakes in life. Friends do it. Families do it. We all do it. Therefore, if your friend called youa jackass or acted like a jackass with you, three years ago. You should just up and let it go. You should use your own personal guidance to tell you who your friends are and what will define them in your mind. However, don’t let the past blind your judgment, we are all human and make mistakes. If a friend sincerely apologized for doing something wrong. Let it go. Move forward and forgive them. The past should not taint a present friendship that is honest and strong.
11. Don’t set any expectations for things before they do happen:
Don’t let your imagination strive for, as well as, create expectations that are far too grand and that cannot be attained. It is fun and okay to get lost in la la land on occasion. However, you cannot live there for very long, as it will not sustain you. Reach for expectations that you can actually reach out for and grab. Life will be so much more satisfying this way.
12. Quit looking for someone perfect out there:
There is no such thing as the perfect person, except the illusion, which one does create in their own mind. Perfect doesn’t exist. Neither does near perfect. The sooner this truth is accepted, the better off, many of us more will be. Focus more on what you require to make yourself feel complete inside. The right person can come along and complete you later on. The search for love can lead you into some of the oddest of places. Go there when ready.
13. Avoid being something that you are not:
Never try to be something else or someone else. The best self you can give to others, and to yourself, is your true self only. Honesty is always the best policy. Be something you are not and you can actually chase someone away for good. No one wants a false version of anyone. You don’t even want that either.
14. Refuse to beat up on yourself:
Don’t be openly vicious or hostile to yourself. This is never the way to go. Create a moment anew for yourself. Like yourself and who you are. Don’t be your worst critic or nightmare. Love you for you.
15. Quit reading and be a doer:
Sure, reading books is fun, and so is reading quotes. However, if you don’t apply their teachings to your life It is you, and you alone, who will fall short every time. Therefore, do strive to put them into action. Once they are into action, they will compliment your life, and make you feel good about you and your life overall.
ॐ Namasté - Blessings!
Archive: Inspired Mind
- 2017 (77)
- June (10)
- • Letting Go Of Attachment
- • Humility - Sacred Sunday
- • Becoming Proud
- • 10 Things Successful People Do in the Morning
- • The Four Questions I Ask Myself Every Day
- • 9 Powerful Benefits of Sitting in Silence
- • What Makes Us Who We Are?
- • Creating a Healthy Relationship with Time
- • Our Precious Planet
- • 7 Ways to Clear Your Mind of Negative Thinking
- May (15)
- • Remembering the Importance of Gratitude
- • 6 Surprising Disadvantages of Being Highly Intelligent
- • 10 Things Never Learned in School
- • 4 Common Spiritual Myths & 1 Spiritual Truth
- • On Having the Courage to Change Your Life Story
- • Silence Your Inner Critic - 4 Words You Need to Stop Using for a Better Life
- • Give up Living Your Life According to Other People’s Expectations and Live It Your Way Instead
- • What Having a Peaceful Mind Means to Me
- • 5 Myths that Prevent You From Living Life to Your Fullest Potential
- • Gratefulness - How to Live Each Day to the Fullest
- • How Kindness Can Heal The Body
- • How to Make Big Life Changes Less Scary
- • World-Wide White Hat Takeover
- • There’s a Reason Why Being Kind-Hearted Attracts Toxic People
- • The One Habit That Robs You of Happiness
- April (15)
- • Why It’s So Important to Pursue Your Dreams
- • Emotional Suicide: The High Cost Of An Unfeeling Life
- • Releasing Codependency
- • The Greatest, Fastest, Surest Way To Experience Joy And Happiness
- • 20 Pieces of Important Life Advice From People Over 60
- • This Is The Day You Become A Better Person
- • When All Hope Is Gone
- • 15 Things That We Should All Stop Doing To Ourselves For Better Health And Happiness!
- • When Toxic Or Negative Energy Is Affecting You
- • Finding Purpose in Pain
- • Adjusting to Change Without Fear – The 7 Stages of Becoming Real
- • The One Feeling We Cannot Ignore
- • The Magnificent Life Mantra
- • The Wisdom of Silence: Learning to Talk Less and Say More
- • Empty Your Hurt And Open Your Heart
- March (8)
- • As one goes up – the other comes down
- • Michelle’s Choosing to See the Good Challenge
- • The 10 Commandments For Happiness
- • Four Steps to Cure Feeling Obligated
- • How to Be More Present
- • On Having the Courage to Walk Alone
- • 5 Times the Universe Had Your Back (Even Though You Didn’t Know It!)
- • Finding Freedom In Forgiveness
- February (17)
- • The Power of Practicing Acceptance
- • Pay It Forward
- • My Hope for You: How to Make the Rest of Your Life the Best of Your Life
- • How to Be Your Own Best Friend
- • Stop being afraid of yourself
- • What Others Think About You Is None Of Your Business
- • Born to be kind
- • How to attract love and prosperity
- • Beings of Love
- • Healing Depression: Valuable Truths to Help You Get Through Hard Times
- • 4 Habits That Add Stress to Your Life
- • The Biggest Disease Affecting Us: I’m Not Enough
- • This Comic Will Change The Way You Look At Privilege Forever
- • 5 Ways to Release Judgement & Criticism of Others
- • The Most Attractive Quality
- • On Keeping Your Dreams Alive
- • 7 Things You Can Do When Someone Is Rude
- January (12)
- • Receive the Hong Bao of Infinite Abundance
- • The Power of Your Words
- • Empowering Love
- • 2017 Year of the Rooster: A Wake-up Call
- • 30 Life Changing Lessons to Learn from Tony Robbins
- • How to Deal with Change
- • Forget the Past and Move On
- • Molecules of Kindness
- • 5 Quick Fixes When Feelings Get The Best Of You.
- • The best habit to develop in 2017
- • There Are 3 Ways To React To Failure (And One Of Them Guarantees Growth)
- • On Living Life like a Human Being, Not a Human Doing
- June (10)
- 2016 (154)
- December (10)
- • 15 Things You Don’t Owe Anyone At All (Though You Think You Do)
- • Your Love Shines Bright
- • Michelle’s Guide for a Peaceful Holiday
- • 6 Undeniable Reasons to Love Where You Are Right Now
- • Embracing Your Magnificence
- • Michelle’s December Kindness Challenge
- • The Science of High Performance in Sport
- • A Spiritual Guide to Dealing With Family Over the Holidays 2016
- • How to Find the Courage to Disappoint Your Family to Be True to Yourself
- • We Were Born for These Times
- November (11)
- • Gratitude in Action
- • 5 Affirmations for Dealing with Fear
- • The Wisdom of Stepping into The Unknown
- • 10 Thought Patterns That Will Leave You Feeling Stuck
- • 4 Powerful Truths That Will Change Your Life
- • Post-Election Path to Peace
- • 4 Ways to Release Fear From your Life
- • How to Keep Setbacks From Holding You Back
- • Why the Hell Would I Want to Skin a Cat?
- • When Should You Quit Your Job and Go After Your Passion?
- • How to Manage Stress During Stressful Times
- October (12)
- • Self Love: 5 Important Things You Should Know about It
- • Does a placebo work if you know it’s a placebo?
- • My Biggest Struggle and How I Overcome It
- • Women, Wisdom and Love
- • 4 Questions That Will Shift Your Life to a Whole New Level
- • Are You a People Pleaser? Here is How to Claim Back Your Self-Worth
- • This Simple Principle Changed My Life
- • How to be a leader of light
- • How a child with Chickenpox stopped itching
- • How to Shift from a Fixed Mindset into a Growth Mindset
- • 3 Simple Ways to Deepen Your Relationships
- • 4 Easy Tips to Create Happiness and Freedom Every Day
- September (8)
- • A Really Big Idea
- • The #1 Key to Finding Happiness
- • How to Release and Let Go of the Stories You Keep Telling Yourself
- • 6 Common Habits That Are Holding You Back
- • The 3 Types of Energy Behind Your Anxiety
- • The #1 Key to Figuring Out Your Purpose
- • How to use visualisation to boost your self-love
- • 10 Day Digital Detox: The Ups, Downs, & How You Can Do It Too!
- August (7)
- July (10)
- • The #1 Way to Bridge Our Differences
- • The Time Myth: You Have Nowhere to Be but Here
- • You’re Under NO Obligation
- • Choosing Love Over Fear
- • On Having the Courage to Follow Your Heart and Intuition
- • 10 Signs from the Universe That You Are Walking The Wrong Way
- • 5 Affirmations for Difficult Times
- • Outpourings of Love
- • When Things Get Good, Why Do Bad Things Happen?
- • What Freedom Means to Me & How I Live Freely
- June (12)
- • How to Let Go Of Something That No Longer Serves You
- • 5 Reminders for Difficult Times
- • The Miracle of Divine Perception
- • Are You Getting What You Deserve In Your Life?
- • How The Happiest Man On Earth Stays Happy.
- • 5 Self-Sabotaging Habits
- • The Control Dramas-A Lesson From “The Celestine Prophecy”
- • Courage
- • The Amazing Science Behind Earthing
- • The Highest Good Of Creativity.
- • The Universe is So Alive!
- • 8 Important Reminders When You Are Finding it Hard to Forgive
- May (17)
- • Gifts To Receive Right Here. Right Now.
- • 5 Ways to Give Up Complaining and Boost Your Positivity
- • 6 Signs You Need A Major Life Change
- • When People Can’t Hear You: Vibrational Differences
- • 5 Questions to Help You Find Your Path
- • How to deflect negative emotion
- • How to Manifest Your Desires With an Open Mind
- • Why It’s OK To Procrastinate: Staying In The Zone.
- • Feeling Your Way to Feeling Better
- • Why You Haven’t Been Lucky In Love
- • The Power Of A Smile
- • Noticing What We Take In
- • How to Have a Better Relationship with Time
- • Living happily ever after…
- • Make a Wish! 19 Magical Moments to Ask for What You Want
- • How to Incorporate Meditation into Your Daily Activities
- • Why You’re Like A Wild Flower Even Though You Don’t Know It
- April (15)
- • Let’s Talk About Abundance For A Moment
- • Finding Your Center When You Are Emotionally Triggered
- • How to slow ageing
- • Turn Your Unhappiness Into Happiness In Five Easy Steps
- • Don’t Let Your Research Kill Your Dreams!
- • New Study Reveals Why Intelligent People Are Usually Loners
- • How to Be Ok With Your Anger and Other Negative Emotions
- • How to Persevere When You Feel like Giving Up
- • Finding A Friendly Universe When It Feels Like The World’s Against You
- • Being Not Doing
- • 9 Ways to Let Go of Your Past and Start Over
- • The power of a hug
- • 3 New Views On Time To Help You Slow Down And Be Present
- • 15 Healthy Beliefs to Be Stubborn About
- • Four Lessons That Changed My Life
- March (18)
- • Why Some People Are MAGNETS for Bad Relationships
- • Are You Still Playing the Blame Game?
- • How to Make Yourself Immune to Secondhand Stress
- • How to Attract More of What You Want in Life
- • How to Let Go of Toxic Friendships Consciously
- • What Makes Us Present? This One’s A Surprise!
- • Keep Calm and Carry On: Election Edition
- • Why Silence Is Often the Best Response to a Verbal Attack
- • 6 Morning Habits That Lead To Daily Happiness
- • Setting Those Voices In Our Head Straight
- • How to Deal with Indecision
- • How Imagination Begins Manifestation
- • The Art of Self-Correction
- • What We Fear Isn’t As Scary As We Might Think
- • 10 Ways to Turn a Bad Day Around
- • Dream Big! You Are An Infinite Possibility
- • Exploring Your Resistance
- • Inspiration And How It Connects You To Spirit
- February (16)
- • Do You Know What You Want?
- • You Don’t Have to Know All the Answers (In Fact, It’s Better if You Don’t)
- • The Power of Being Imbalanced
- • Raise Your Vibration & Change Your Situation
- • The Importance of Accepting People Where They Are
- • Does What You Feel Mean Something About You?
- • Living an Inspired Life – Every Day
- • How I Began to Get it Done
- • Learning How to Create Peace From Within
- • Find yourself vs reveal yourself
- • How to Call in Love
- • Are We Really Who We Think We Are?
- • How to Live a More Inspired Life
- • How you light-up a life
- • Why Procrastination May Be Good for the Soul
- • Breakdowns Can Be Our Breakthroughs
- January (18)
- • It’s Not Rejection, It’s Redirection
- • How To Let Go Of What Makes You Unhappy
- • Be Mindful and Alert!
- • Are You Resisting The Situation Or A Personal Transformation?
- • Dealing with Negative Self Talk
- • Make Mistakes And Be Imperfect! (It’ll Save Your Life.)
- • Because the Purpose of Life Is to Help Others
- • 5 Things to Stop Doing…Right Now
- • Stopped A Project You Started? Here’s How To Continue.
- • Five Feel-Good Affirmations
- • Morning Rituals To Set Yourself Up For Success All Year Long
- • Are You Dreaming Big Enough? 3 Sure Signs
- • Allow yourself to be inspired by others.
- • It’s Ok to Breakdown
- • The Dark Side of the Ambition
- • 6 Things Optimists Do Differently
- • New Year, New Intentions!
- • Bad Karma - Obstacle or Challenge on the Spiritual Path?
- December (10)
- 2015 (69)
- December (17)
- • 15 New Year’s Resolutions Every Person Should Actually Make
- • When Life Doesn’t Go as Planned
- • Who Says We Have To Be Happy? Here’s Another Option
- • Making Ordinary Moments Extraordinary
- • 12 Reasons to Forgive the Person Who Hurt You the Most
- • How to End 2015 on a High Note
- • Why True Love Is Eternal
- • It’s time to write your Soul Goals
- • 4 Ways to Create Happiness
- • How I Manage Holiday Expectations
- • 15 Things to Stop Doing Right Now (If You Want to Manifest Your Dreams)
- • Mind Over Matter
- • How I deal with difficult situations
- • 9 Essential Ways to Find Meaning in Your Life
- • The Heart is Your Best Teacher and Friend
- • Not Letting Failure ‘Go to Your Heart’
- • 3 Reasons Why People Are Addicted to Negativity
- November (23)
- • A Magical Way To Find Your Answers
- • My Vulnerable Sharing on Self-Love
- • Evolving vs. Changing
- • Communicating beyond Physical Language
- • A Matter of Perspective
- • The Divine Spark of Life
- • Why We Should Stop Blaming Others (Right Now!)
- • 15 Signs You’re a Highly Spiritual Person
- • Are You Being Negative or Positive? 2 Tests to Find Out
- • Walk in the Park
- • My favorite self-care practices
- • Violet Fire
- • Coming Home
- • The Journey to the Sun
- • Why Do Bad Things Happen to Good People?
- • Spinning the Chakras
- • Practicing Patience
- • Are You a Positive Person? 20 Critical Traits of Positive People
- • Emptying the Room of our Heart
- • Top 10 Rules for Success According to Oprah
- • Who Can Look Beyond the Crowd?
- • A Wave of Sunshine
- • Why I Expect Miracles Every Day
- October (23)
- • Time to Share
- • Many Levels of the One Being That You Are
- • Venus, Jupiter and Mars in a Triangle Today
- • Everything Doesn't Happen For a Reason
- • Time is Changing
- • 5 ways to propel your life even when you feel stuck
- • Our Home on Earth Has a Good Mother
- • Eight Keys to Forgiveness
- • Everything Happens For a Reason: A Short Story
- • Love is Silence
- • When You’ve Been Working On Creating Change – And It’s NOT Coming
- • Lessons learned after 70 straight days of meditation
- • Opening our Hearts and Changing Old Styles
- • 20 EXCELLENT Reasons to Be Happy Right Now
- • On Learning to Let Go of Blame
- • How to Overcome the Need to Control Everything
- • How To Plant The Seed To Create What You Want.
- • What Values Do You Live By?
- • Ride the Wave of the Universe
- • Finding Peace and Harmony in this Life
- • Are You Too Emotionally Intelligent?
- • The Subconscious Mind: Your Master Manifester Within and How to Use It
- • How Are You Affecting Others? – 16 Things You May Want To Stop Doing
- September (6)
- December (17)