Category: Inspired Mind Written by Michelle Maros Hits: 1867
I feel confident that if I were to poll the next 100 people I encounter, and I ask them what they truly desire in life, a sweeping majority would reply: happiness. We are all in some sense, striving for happiness—that deep sense of inner peace and knowingness that everything is ok. We all just want to be happy.
While many of us strive for happiness, we can lose sight of some of the actions we take daily that actually are counterproductive to our ultimate goal. Whenever I am feeling particularly unhappy, it’s usually due to one of these 8 blocks below. And so, I share them with you this week so you can be more aware, and more in control to take back your own happiness.
- Comparison. One of the biggest causes of unhappiness, in my opinion. Comparison leads to so many negative feelings that make happiness seem almost impossible. When stuck in comparison, bring yourself back and remember that we are all here to shine our own unique light, there is no other you in this world, so dwell in that instead.
- Regret. Living in the past brings regret. Wondering about the things we could have done differently and how that would have changed our current state. Regret is a drain for happiness. Remember to come back to the now, and trust that what happened in the past brought you to where you are today. Forgive and release what brings you suffering and find joy on the other side.
- Uncertainty. Future tripping brings uncertainty and anxiety. There is no way to know how our lives are going to play out, and the unknown can make us feel very uncomfortable. When in this state, it is so important, to come back to the present moment, and rely on faith and trust that your life will unfold exactly as it’s meant to. We have no control anyway, right?
- Inability to accept what is. Are you always feeling like the grass is always greener on the other side? When we lose the ability to accept our lives as they are in the present moment, we also lose the ability to find true happiness. Even if in the present moment your life isn’t exactly how you’d imagined it to be, find acceptance so that you can become clear on how to achieve your desires in a positive way.
- Judgment. When you judge others, you are judging a part of yourself. What is happy about that? Judgment feels like an innate reaction, but it really brings more unhappiness than it’s worth. Make a commitment to practice non-judgment, seek out love and compassion instead.
- Self-Doubt. A huge block to happiness is feelings of unworthiness and lack of self-confidence. Rather than focusing on what you feel you’re lacking in or less than, why not focus on your strengths? Don’t dwell in the lower vibe energy of insecurity; rise above to confidence and personal abundance. Make a list of all your strengths, and post it where you can see it daily.
- Fear. It’s certainly safe to say that we live in a very fearful world. We see stories on a daily basis that make us feel powerless, scared, and unhappy. Fear serves a purpose in dangerous situations, but the ego mind loves to bring fear into every moment. Whenever you find yourself heading into a fearful place, return back to trust, awareness, and love.
- Attachment. Being attached to anything—whether to material items, outcomes of situations, or even people blocks happiness. Essentially, the attachment sends out the energy that you are not complete in your own right. When we are attached, we also encompass so many of the other blocks above because we feel we need whatever we are attached to in order to survive. Learn the distinction between attachment and connection. Be connected to people, places, and things, and let go of the desire to attach to them.
What do you feel is blocking you from being truly happy in this moment? What are some of your tips to bring you back to happiness on a daily basis? Let me know!
ॐ Namasté - Blessings!
© 2008-2018 crystalwind.ca. All rights reserved.
Archive: Inspired Mind
- 2019 (8)
- 2018 (92)
- December (5)
- November (4)
- October (8)
- September (9)
- • The 5 Best Pieces of Advice I’ve Received
- • Is There An End Game?
- • How Traveling Makes You A Better Person
- • 5 Things to Stop Doing Right Now
- • My Day Talking Kindness To Young Children
- • Celebrating Life through Love
- • 4 Habits That Add Stress to Your Life
- • Autumn Reflections
- • 6 Things to Remember When Hurting
- August (6)
- July (4)
- June (5)
- May (9)
- • 5 Misconceptions of Living a Conscious Life
- • Remembering Our Shared Humanity
- • Manifesting Your Dreams
- • Releasing Distractions and Finding Focus
- • How Forgiveness Sets the Prisoner Free
- • Having Love & Respect In Our Relationships
- • Stop Over-Depending on Others and Seeking Their Approval: How to Set Yourself Free
- • 4 Mind Games to Stop Playing for More Energy and Confidence
- • Spiritual and Energy Tools To Help With De-Addiction
- April (8)
- March (14)
- • The Best Path is Your Own
- • Hello, Friends! Do You Know Your Life Purpose?
- • Sleep Hypnosis for Mind, Body & Soul Cleansing
- • The Super Human, Super Consciousness Experience...
- • Reminders to Release Comparison and Competition
- • Sleep Hypnosis to Become Your Ideal Self
- • Earth Day Tips: Seven Ways to Save Energy, Planet, and Money
- • What It Means To Live In A Reality Of Necessary Distractions
- • What I Learned After Years of Going Against My Intuition
- • Reduce Anxiety: Sleep Hypnosis to Reduce & Reverse Anxiety
- • Calling All Trailblazers
- • A Powerful Practice for Healing & Forgiveness
- • Therapeutic Journaling: How to Use Journaling to Help Solve Life’s Biggest Challenges
- • Visualising Illness into Wellness
- February (10)
- • How I Transformed My Relationship with Fear
- • Creating A Successful, Future Version Of Yourself
- • Why Do We Have Resistance To Change
- • 7 Powerful Tips to Help You Become Fearless
- • Answer Your Heart’s Wake-up Calls With More Love And Less Fear
- • Lessons in Vulnerability
- • What I Wish I’d Known Before An Unexpected Loss
- • Day Dreamer
- • My Favorite Reminder to Help Relieve Anxiety
- • The Long Journey from Having, to Doing, to Being
- January (10)
- • 6 Things You Should Never Share With Other People
- • Remembering the Importance of Play
- • 22 Things That Have Become a Norm Since 2012
- • The 4 Benefits of Setting Healthy Boundaries
- • 6 Techniques to Stop Worrying
- • Working with Shame
- • Managing the Monkey Mind
- • New Beginnings with Love
- • Reconciling With The Divine Masculine In Us & Making Peace With Masculine Energies
- • By Doing What You Love, Success Will Follow
- 2016 (1)
- October (1)
- 2012 (1)
- August (1)
- 2011 (2)
- 2010 (1)
- 2009 (4)