Category: Inspired Mind Hits: 2334
This is an excerpt from OSHO's chapter on Decoding Life-Negative Conditioning - Uncling to Misery.
"It should be easy to drop suffering, anguish, misery. It should not be difficult: you don't want to be miserable, so there must be some deep complication behind it. The complication is that from your very childhood you have not been allowed to be happy, to be blissful, to be joyous. You have been forced to be serious, and seriousness implies sadness. You were forced to do things that you never wanted to do. You were helpless, weak, dependent on people; naturally you had to do what they were saying. You did those things unwillingly, miserably, in deep resistance. Against yourself, you have been forced to do so much that by and by one thing became clear to you: that anything that is against you is right, and that anything that is not against you is bound to be wrong. And constantly, this whole upbringing filled you with sadness, which is not natural.
~~~~~* To be joyous is natural, just as to be healthy is natural. It is perfectly right to ask why you are miserable. It is not right to ask why you are blissful. You have been brought up in an insane society where to be blissful without reason is thought to be madness. If you are simply smiling for no reason at all, people will think something is loose in your head - why are you smiling? why are you happy? And if you say, " I don't know, I am just being happy," your answer will only strengthen their idea that something has gone wrong with you. But if you are miserable, nobody will ask why you are miserable.
To be miserable is natural; everybody is. It is nothing special to you. You are not doing something unique..
~~~~~* Unconsciously this idea goes on settling in you, that misery is natural and blissfulness is unnatural. Blissfulness has to be proved. Misery needs no proof. Slowly it sinks deeper into you - into your blood, your bones, and into your marrow - although naturally it is against you. So you have been forced to think you are mentally sick; something that is against your nature has been forced on you. You have been distracted from yourself into something you are not.
This creates the whole misery of humanity, that everyone is where he should not be, what he should not be.
~~~~~* The first thing you do is simply laugh at yourself, at what an idiot you have been. The misery was never there; you were creating it with one hand and you were trying to destroy it with the other hand - and naturally you were split, like in a schizophrenic condition. It is absolutely easy, simple. The most simple thing in existence is to be yourself. It needs no effort; you are already there. Just a remembrance ......... just getting out of all those stupid ideas society has imposed on you. And that is as simple as a snake slipping out of its old skin and never looking back. It is just an old skin, nothing more. If you understand it, it can happen at this very moment. Because at this very moment you can see no misery, no anguish.
~~~~~* You are silent, standing on the door of nothing; just a step more inward and you have found the greatest treasure that has been waiting for you for thousands of lives. "
** Shared with infinite love to all, Tara **
ॐ Namasté - Blessings!
© 2008-2019 crystalwind.ca. All rights reserved.
Archive: Inspired Mind
- 2019 (23)
- June (3)
- May (3)
- April (4)
- March (4)
- February (2)
- January (7)
- 2018 (92)
- December (5)
- November (4)
- October (8)
- September (9)
- • The 5 Best Pieces of Advice I’ve Received
- • Is There An End Game?
- • How Traveling Makes You A Better Person
- • 5 Things to Stop Doing Right Now
- • My Day Talking Kindness To Young Children
- • Celebrating Life through Love
- • 4 Habits That Add Stress to Your Life
- • Autumn Reflections
- • 6 Things to Remember When Hurting
- August (6)
- July (4)
- June (5)
- May (9)
- • 5 Misconceptions of Living a Conscious Life
- • Remembering Our Shared Humanity
- • Manifesting Your Dreams
- • Releasing Distractions and Finding Focus
- • How Forgiveness Sets the Prisoner Free
- • Having Love & Respect In Our Relationships
- • Stop Over-Depending on Others and Seeking Their Approval: How to Set Yourself Free
- • 4 Mind Games to Stop Playing for More Energy and Confidence
- • Spiritual and Energy Tools To Help With De-Addiction
- April (8)
- March (14)
- • The Best Path is Your Own
- • Hello, Friends! Do You Know Your Life Purpose?
- • Sleep Hypnosis for Mind, Body & Soul Cleansing
- • The Super Human, Super Consciousness Experience...
- • Reminders to Release Comparison and Competition
- • Sleep Hypnosis to Become Your Ideal Self
- • Earth Day Tips: Seven Ways to Save Energy, Planet, and Money
- • What It Means To Live In A Reality Of Necessary Distractions
- • What I Learned After Years of Going Against My Intuition
- • Reduce Anxiety: Sleep Hypnosis to Reduce & Reverse Anxiety
- • Calling All Trailblazers
- • A Powerful Practice for Healing & Forgiveness
- • Therapeutic Journaling: How to Use Journaling to Help Solve Life’s Biggest Challenges
- • Visualising Illness into Wellness
- February (10)
- • How I Transformed My Relationship with Fear
- • Creating A Successful, Future Version Of Yourself
- • Why Do We Have Resistance To Change
- • 7 Powerful Tips to Help You Become Fearless
- • Answer Your Heart’s Wake-up Calls With More Love And Less Fear
- • Lessons in Vulnerability
- • What I Wish I’d Known Before An Unexpected Loss
- • Day Dreamer
- • My Favorite Reminder to Help Relieve Anxiety
- • The Long Journey from Having, to Doing, to Being
- January (10)
- • 6 Things You Should Never Share With Other People
- • Remembering the Importance of Play
- • 22 Things That Have Become a Norm Since 2012
- • The 4 Benefits of Setting Healthy Boundaries
- • 6 Techniques to Stop Worrying
- • Working with Shame
- • Managing the Monkey Mind
- • New Beginnings with Love
- • Reconciling With The Divine Masculine In Us & Making Peace With Masculine Energies
- • By Doing What You Love, Success Will Follow
- 2016 (1)
- October (1)
- 2012 (1)
- August (1)
- 2011 (2)
- 2010 (1)
- 2009 (4)