Category: Inspired Mind Hits: 1836
There’s something really beautiful about being able to connect, share, and forge relationships with almost anyone in the world, through the wonder that is technology! I really, really love that I am able to write every week in this space, and you can read it from wherever you are, and you can feel my energy in my words and hopefully find some sort of relief from the topics discussed.
I love hearing feedback and comments from you all, but of course, there will be times when we disagree. I recently had an experience where I shared something on social media, something that felt true and inspiring to who I am, and I got a few comments from people who disagreed, and they really let me know. Some not so nice words were thrown at me, and for a minute I froze, I questioned myself, I felt a bit anxious, my heart started beating faster, and I had to pause.
Why was I feeling this way? I’m generally not an anxious person, but I felt a rush of anxiety in this moment. Certainly I know that not everyone is going to agree with my views, and that’s completely ok. So, what was it?
When I went a bit deeper with myself I unearthed that I had this underlying belief that I had to be everything, to everyone. What?! As crazy as this sounds, the people pleaser in me just wants to be liked and really dislikes criticism and confrontation.
Can any of you relate?
The second I remembered that I do not have to be everything to everyone, it immediately calmed my nerves and brought me back to a semblance of peace. What a relief! I can be me, you can dislike it, and that’s totally okay!
So what does this mean exactly? It means that you don’t have to have everybody like you to be a valid, worthy, and loved human being. You don’t have to stress yourself out trying “do it all” in order to be successful. You don’t have to save the world by yourself. You don’t have to be a superhero.
All you really have to do is to continue to show up every day, in your authentic truth, whatever that may mean to you. All you have to do is be kind and compassionate. All you have to do is notice and be aware of what lights you up and follow that. All you really have to do is be, the rest truly is just details.
So the next time an inexplainable bout of stress or anxiety comes your way. Ask yourself if you’re trying to live up to the unattainable expectations of pleasing everyone and of being everything to everyone…and then take a deep breath, and let yourself off the hook. By simply doing what’s true for you, you’re always doing enough.
ॐ Namasté - Blessings!
© 2008-2019 crystalwind.ca. All rights reserved.
Archive: Inspired Mind
- 2019 (23)
- June (3)
- May (3)
- April (4)
- March (4)
- February (2)
- January (7)
- 2018 (92)
- December (5)
- November (4)
- October (8)
- September (9)
- • The 5 Best Pieces of Advice I’ve Received
- • Is There An End Game?
- • How Traveling Makes You A Better Person
- • 5 Things to Stop Doing Right Now
- • My Day Talking Kindness To Young Children
- • Celebrating Life through Love
- • 4 Habits That Add Stress to Your Life
- • Autumn Reflections
- • 6 Things to Remember When Hurting
- August (6)
- July (4)
- June (5)
- May (9)
- • 5 Misconceptions of Living a Conscious Life
- • Remembering Our Shared Humanity
- • Manifesting Your Dreams
- • Releasing Distractions and Finding Focus
- • How Forgiveness Sets the Prisoner Free
- • Having Love & Respect In Our Relationships
- • Stop Over-Depending on Others and Seeking Their Approval: How to Set Yourself Free
- • 4 Mind Games to Stop Playing for More Energy and Confidence
- • Spiritual and Energy Tools To Help With De-Addiction
- April (8)
- March (14)
- • The Best Path is Your Own
- • Hello, Friends! Do You Know Your Life Purpose?
- • Sleep Hypnosis for Mind, Body & Soul Cleansing
- • The Super Human, Super Consciousness Experience...
- • Reminders to Release Comparison and Competition
- • Sleep Hypnosis to Become Your Ideal Self
- • Earth Day Tips: Seven Ways to Save Energy, Planet, and Money
- • What It Means To Live In A Reality Of Necessary Distractions
- • What I Learned After Years of Going Against My Intuition
- • Reduce Anxiety: Sleep Hypnosis to Reduce & Reverse Anxiety
- • Calling All Trailblazers
- • A Powerful Practice for Healing & Forgiveness
- • Therapeutic Journaling: How to Use Journaling to Help Solve Life’s Biggest Challenges
- • Visualising Illness into Wellness
- February (10)
- • How I Transformed My Relationship with Fear
- • Creating A Successful, Future Version Of Yourself
- • Why Do We Have Resistance To Change
- • 7 Powerful Tips to Help You Become Fearless
- • Answer Your Heart’s Wake-up Calls With More Love And Less Fear
- • Lessons in Vulnerability
- • What I Wish I’d Known Before An Unexpected Loss
- • Day Dreamer
- • My Favorite Reminder to Help Relieve Anxiety
- • The Long Journey from Having, to Doing, to Being
- January (10)
- • 6 Things You Should Never Share With Other People
- • Remembering the Importance of Play
- • 22 Things That Have Become a Norm Since 2012
- • The 4 Benefits of Setting Healthy Boundaries
- • 6 Techniques to Stop Worrying
- • Working with Shame
- • Managing the Monkey Mind
- • New Beginnings with Love
- • Reconciling With The Divine Masculine In Us & Making Peace With Masculine Energies
- • By Doing What You Love, Success Will Follow
- 2016 (1)
- October (1)
- 2012 (1)
- August (1)
- 2011 (2)
- 2010 (1)
- 2009 (4)