Category: Inspired Mind Hits: 1686
I recently had a session with my spiritual healer and mentor. I walked into his office, sat down, and gave him one of my looks (and if you know me, you know that the looks that I give say it all), and said, “What are we going to do about the state of the world?” Right before walking into my appointment, I had fallen into my subconscious pattern of checking the news to see what was happening for the day, and it was particularly bleak. But what day isn’t lately? It seems that on any given day we are subjected to the harsh realities of the tragedies all around us. Whether it’s gun violence, social and racial inequalities, environmental catastrophes, or threats of war, the world can feel scary, unpredictable, and unsafe.
I’ve particularly felt very upset about the racial divide, injustice, and bias that is seeing a resurgence in my country. I have never understood discrimination due to skin tone, religion, or physical appearance. It’s hard for me to understand how we can still be at a place where polarizing thoughts and uncompromising views lead to the dehumanization and demonizing of those who disagree or are different than us. This can’t continue.
I know just how easy it is to get sucked into the bad stuff that’s happening, to feel the pain and sadness of those who are suffering, to feel anger and rage when we feel like we have no power. But the truth of the matter is, perpetually feeling down about all the bad things won’t result in something good.
So when I was sitting on the couch with my healer, lamenting about the world, he simply looked at me and said “Do you really think stewing in the negativity of it, without any positive action is helping you or the world?” He was right (ugh, he’s always right).
So my action, for today, is speaking out about my feelings, being aware of how I might be unconsciously contributing to the problem, noticing how I can be part of the solution, and to remember my humanity, and I humbly encourage you all, this beautiful community of loving leaders, to do the same.
At the end of the day, we are all human beings, doing the best with can, with the lives we’ve been given. It’s as simple and as complicated as that, and keeping this in mind, if we can take time to remember and to act, I believe and hope that we can create ripples of love throughout the world.
- Remember to take care of yourself, honor your energy, and be loving and kind to yourself.
- Remember that you are powerful. Your thoughts, words, beliefs, and actions are always in constant creation.
- Remember that you are resilient and that just because some days have been difficult, doesn’t mean that life has to be hard.
- Remember your truth, get aligned with what is true and real for you and don’t allow anything in the external world to sway you from it.
- Remember that compassion is never wasted, and always appreciated. It’s easy to demonize and dehumanize others when we make people wrong, cultivate compassion and kindness instead.
- Remember to take responsibility. Ask yourself if you are perpetuating any of the problems that you wish to solve (even if it’s subconsciously or unintended). It’s up to us to change the course of the world, if you hear someone speaking harmful and hurtful things speak up, if you see someone targeting someone else for their race, religion, or appearance, be brave and take a stand, if you have a cause that you feel isn’t being served, see how you can lend a hand.
- Remember you are not alone. Whether we like it or not, we are truly all in this together, and while it might feel like it’s hard to fit in or find your place, belonging stems first from inside yourself and then beams out to the world to attract those who you are meant to be with. And, just so you know you will always belong here with us in this community.
I do believe that the small ripples of love, positivity, and compassion cultivated in this community has the power to make great positive change, and I’m so honored and privileged to be apart of it. Thank you all for being here and for constantly showing up and being open and willing to do the work that we all need to do to live in the world that we would like to be in.
Wishing you all a beautiful week filled with love, happiness, and peace,
ॐ Namasté - Blessings!
© 2008-2019 crystalwind.ca. All rights reserved.
Archive: Inspired Mind
- 2019 (23)
- June (3)
- May (3)
- April (4)
- March (4)
- February (2)
- January (7)
- 2018 (92)
- December (5)
- November (4)
- October (8)
- September (9)
- • The 5 Best Pieces of Advice I’ve Received
- • Is There An End Game?
- • How Traveling Makes You A Better Person
- • 5 Things to Stop Doing Right Now
- • My Day Talking Kindness To Young Children
- • Celebrating Life through Love
- • 4 Habits That Add Stress to Your Life
- • Autumn Reflections
- • 6 Things to Remember When Hurting
- August (6)
- July (4)
- June (5)
- May (9)
- • 5 Misconceptions of Living a Conscious Life
- • Remembering Our Shared Humanity
- • Manifesting Your Dreams
- • Releasing Distractions and Finding Focus
- • How Forgiveness Sets the Prisoner Free
- • Having Love & Respect In Our Relationships
- • Stop Over-Depending on Others and Seeking Their Approval: How to Set Yourself Free
- • 4 Mind Games to Stop Playing for More Energy and Confidence
- • Spiritual and Energy Tools To Help With De-Addiction
- April (8)
- March (14)
- • The Best Path is Your Own
- • Hello, Friends! Do You Know Your Life Purpose?
- • Sleep Hypnosis for Mind, Body & Soul Cleansing
- • The Super Human, Super Consciousness Experience...
- • Reminders to Release Comparison and Competition
- • Sleep Hypnosis to Become Your Ideal Self
- • Earth Day Tips: Seven Ways to Save Energy, Planet, and Money
- • What It Means To Live In A Reality Of Necessary Distractions
- • What I Learned After Years of Going Against My Intuition
- • Reduce Anxiety: Sleep Hypnosis to Reduce & Reverse Anxiety
- • Calling All Trailblazers
- • A Powerful Practice for Healing & Forgiveness
- • Therapeutic Journaling: How to Use Journaling to Help Solve Life’s Biggest Challenges
- • Visualising Illness into Wellness
- February (10)
- • How I Transformed My Relationship with Fear
- • Creating A Successful, Future Version Of Yourself
- • Why Do We Have Resistance To Change
- • 7 Powerful Tips to Help You Become Fearless
- • Answer Your Heart’s Wake-up Calls With More Love And Less Fear
- • Lessons in Vulnerability
- • What I Wish I’d Known Before An Unexpected Loss
- • Day Dreamer
- • My Favorite Reminder to Help Relieve Anxiety
- • The Long Journey from Having, to Doing, to Being
- January (10)
- • 6 Things You Should Never Share With Other People
- • Remembering the Importance of Play
- • 22 Things That Have Become a Norm Since 2012
- • The 4 Benefits of Setting Healthy Boundaries
- • 6 Techniques to Stop Worrying
- • Working with Shame
- • Managing the Monkey Mind
- • New Beginnings with Love
- • Reconciling With The Divine Masculine In Us & Making Peace With Masculine Energies
- • By Doing What You Love, Success Will Follow
- 2016 (1)
- October (1)
- 2012 (1)
- August (1)
- 2011 (2)
- 2010 (1)
- 2009 (4)