Category: Inspired Mind Hits: 1142
Do you ever have synchronistic pile ons that really stop you in your tracks, and force you to listen and (hopefully) learn? I did recently, and to be honest, it’s one of my favorite experiences. When something or someone, repeatedly comes into my consciousness, I get giddy with joy because I know that I’m truly meant to learn something from it.
My most recent synchronistic experience has been with boundaries. Within the period of one week the topic of boundaries came up in my life a handful of times, which of course signaled to me that I had something to learn, and pass on to all of you!
Boundaries can be really tricky for people, myself included. Some of us fear that boundaries will isolate us, separate us, and disappoint the people around us. This is especially true for the people pleasers out there, I’ve definitely fallen into this category many times.
Others can take boundaries to the next extreme in closing off completely and losing trust and faith in the world at large. I’ve also been there too! Luckily, what I have discovered is that just like anything else, there’s a balance for boundaries.
Boundaries are more about taking care for yourself, and they are less about finding fault or negativity in something or someone in the external world.
There is a lot of beauty in balanced boundaries, and I’m so happy to share my four favorite benefits from this ultimate form of self-care:
1. Deeper sense of self. In order to properly create healthy boundaries, you must have a solid sense of self. When we start to become curious about who we are, what we want, what drains our energy, and what brings us joy, we start to get clarity regarding where we can set boundaries.
2. Protection of what’s precious. What do you value in life? Your energy? Your wellbeing? Your loved ones? Your inner peace? Whatever your answer is, boundaries can be the protective barrier for the precious valuables in your life.
3. Permission to choose. Have you ever noticed that when you don’t know where you stand, you’ll fall for anything? In knowing your boundaries, you give yourself the permission to make choices and to say no when necessary. Saying no isn’t negative, it’s an act of self-care, especially when said in a conscious, loving way.
4. Confidence. Do you notice how much better you feel when you make the conscious choice to take care of yourself? Self-care breeds self-confidence. Setting healthy boundaries is an ultimate act of self-care that can help you feel more empowered in your day-to-day life.
As always, I hope this break down helps you to create the healthy boundaries you desire and need for your life!
What does your relationship with boundaries look like? Let’s keep the conversation going in the comments below!
ॐ Namasté - Blessings!
© 2008-2018 crystalwind.ca. All rights reserved.
Archive: Inspired Mind
- 2019 (8)
- 2018 (92)
- December (5)
- November (4)
- October (8)
- September (9)
- • The 5 Best Pieces of Advice I’ve Received
- • Is There An End Game?
- • How Traveling Makes You A Better Person
- • 5 Things to Stop Doing Right Now
- • My Day Talking Kindness To Young Children
- • Celebrating Life through Love
- • 4 Habits That Add Stress to Your Life
- • Autumn Reflections
- • 6 Things to Remember When Hurting
- August (6)
- July (4)
- June (5)
- May (9)
- • 5 Misconceptions of Living a Conscious Life
- • Remembering Our Shared Humanity
- • Manifesting Your Dreams
- • Releasing Distractions and Finding Focus
- • How Forgiveness Sets the Prisoner Free
- • Having Love & Respect In Our Relationships
- • Stop Over-Depending on Others and Seeking Their Approval: How to Set Yourself Free
- • 4 Mind Games to Stop Playing for More Energy and Confidence
- • Spiritual and Energy Tools To Help With De-Addiction
- April (8)
- March (14)
- • The Best Path is Your Own
- • Hello, Friends! Do You Know Your Life Purpose?
- • Sleep Hypnosis for Mind, Body & Soul Cleansing
- • The Super Human, Super Consciousness Experience...
- • Reminders to Release Comparison and Competition
- • Sleep Hypnosis to Become Your Ideal Self
- • Earth Day Tips: Seven Ways to Save Energy, Planet, and Money
- • What It Means To Live In A Reality Of Necessary Distractions
- • What I Learned After Years of Going Against My Intuition
- • Reduce Anxiety: Sleep Hypnosis to Reduce & Reverse Anxiety
- • Calling All Trailblazers
- • A Powerful Practice for Healing & Forgiveness
- • Therapeutic Journaling: How to Use Journaling to Help Solve Life’s Biggest Challenges
- • Visualising Illness into Wellness
- February (10)
- • How I Transformed My Relationship with Fear
- • Creating A Successful, Future Version Of Yourself
- • Why Do We Have Resistance To Change
- • 7 Powerful Tips to Help You Become Fearless
- • Answer Your Heart’s Wake-up Calls With More Love And Less Fear
- • Lessons in Vulnerability
- • What I Wish I’d Known Before An Unexpected Loss
- • Day Dreamer
- • My Favorite Reminder to Help Relieve Anxiety
- • The Long Journey from Having, to Doing, to Being
- January (10)
- • 6 Things You Should Never Share With Other People
- • Remembering the Importance of Play
- • 22 Things That Have Become a Norm Since 2012
- • The 4 Benefits of Setting Healthy Boundaries
- • 6 Techniques to Stop Worrying
- • Working with Shame
- • Managing the Monkey Mind
- • New Beginnings with Love
- • Reconciling With The Divine Masculine In Us & Making Peace With Masculine Energies
- • By Doing What You Love, Success Will Follow
- 2016 (1)
- October (1)
- 2012 (1)
- August (1)
- 2011 (2)
- 2010 (1)
- 2009 (4)