Category: Inspired Mind Hits: 20008
I Mean, C’mon, Right?
I’ve been hearing some of the same phrases all my life. I’m sure you’ve heard them, too. I’m kinda tired of them. Especially if they relate to harming others. Especially since folks recite these things without thinking of their actual meanings.
More than one way to skin a cat.
Even though this refers to CATFISH, it’s become associated with skinning a feline. Regardless, what a gruesome image.
Unless you’re a fisherman or a taxidermist… why?
Rule of thumb.
When the law permitted a husband to BEAT HIS WIFE, the stick couldn’t be larger than one inch in width or the size of his thumb, hence becoming the standard.
I have no words for this one.
Kill two birds with one stone.
Okay, if I live in the woods, a thousand miles from a farm (or a Trader Joe’s) and I’m starving, then I guess I’d have to hunt for my food.
Why not FEED TWO BIRDS WITH ONE SEED?
Tongue in Cheek.
In the 18th century, when someone wanted to indicate CONTEMPT for someone, they’d push their tongue against their cheek for all to see.
Let’s smile instead, putting more LOVE into the world.
I got gypped.
Displaced Romans traveled to India, lived through wars, were taken captive by Muslims and brought to Turkey as slaves—referred to as BROWN-SKINNED lower class peoples. EGYPSIO… Gypsies… Undesirables… Thieves… Slaves.
In this century, I think a simple, ‘I got robbed’ might suffice, minus the ethnic slurs.
Ring Around the Rosie.
By now I hope you know that this nursery rhyme was taken from the plague experience. The pink rings that surrounded the red-colored sores indicated that you were doomed.
The pocket full of posy was what folks smelled to keep the stench of death from their noses. And ashes to ashes. Those with ‘ring around the rosie’ usually died.
Drop the mic. End of story.
Can we please stop singing this song to our children?
Moment of truth.
This is translated from Spanish for the exact moment the Matador murders the bull. Slowly. Over a series of strategic stabs to weaken the bull as it begins to bleed to death, before it’s stabbed with a sword.
Oh my stars. Poor bulls.
Easy peasy, up and easy.
I was told by a nurse (who was in her late 60’s) that this was the lingo the male doctors used when performing a quick EPISIOTOMY in the labor room.
I used to say this until I heard this definition. Then I turned green. And mute.
Ready to pull the trigger?
Approximately 92 fire-arm deaths happen PER DAY in the USA, equating to approximately 2,677 deaths of CHILDREN per year.
No more pulling triggers. No more!
(Thanks to Scorpio Tales for some of these sayings!)
Why do I bring these phrases up?
Because Words Matter.
The words you think and speak create your matter.
So pause every once in a while and be conscious of what you’re thinking and saying.
Ask yourself if you know what you’re saying… if you believe it.
Say what you mean, mean what you say—with loads of compassion, healthy boundaries, and empathy—and you’ll feel a whole lot happier.
Archive: Inspired Mind
- 2017 (52)
- April (15)
- • Why It’s So Important to Pursue Your Dreams
- • Emotional Suicide: The High Cost Of An Unfeeling Life
- • Releasing Codependency
- • The Greatest, Fastest, Surest Way To Experience Joy And Happiness
- • 20 Pieces of Important Life Advice From People Over 60
- • This Is The Day You Become A Better Person
- • When All Hope Is Gone
- • 15 Things That We Should All Stop Doing To Ourselves For Better Health And Happiness!
- • When Toxic Or Negative Energy Is Affecting You
- • Finding Purpose in Pain
- • Adjusting to Change Without Fear – The 7 Stages of Becoming Real
- • The One Feeling We Cannot Ignore
- • The Magnificent Life Mantra
- • The Wisdom of Silence: Learning to Talk Less and Say More
- • Empty Your Hurt And Open Your Heart
- March (8)
- • As one goes up – the other comes down
- • Michelle’s Choosing to See the Good Challenge
- • The 10 Commandments For Happiness
- • Four Steps to Cure Feeling Obligated
- • How to Be More Present
- • On Having the Courage to Walk Alone
- • 5 Times the Universe Had Your Back (Even Though You Didn’t Know It!)
- • Finding Freedom In Forgiveness
- February (17)
- • The Power of Practicing Acceptance
- • Pay It Forward
- • My Hope for You: How to Make the Rest of Your Life the Best of Your Life
- • How to Be Your Own Best Friend
- • Stop being afraid of yourself
- • What Others Think About You Is None Of Your Business
- • Born to be kind
- • How to attract love and prosperity
- • Beings of Love
- • Healing Depression: Valuable Truths to Help You Get Through Hard Times
- • 4 Habits That Add Stress to Your Life
- • The Biggest Disease Affecting Us: I’m Not Enough
- • This Comic Will Change The Way You Look At Privilege Forever
- • 5 Ways to Release Judgement & Criticism of Others
- • The Most Attractive Quality
- • On Keeping Your Dreams Alive
- • 7 Things You Can Do When Someone Is Rude
- January (12)
- • Receive the Hong Bao of Infinite Abundance
- • The Power of Your Words
- • Empowering Love
- • 2017 Year of the Rooster: A Wake-up Call
- • 30 Life Changing Lessons to Learn from Tony Robbins
- • How to Deal with Change
- • Forget the Past and Move On
- • Molecules of Kindness
- • 5 Quick Fixes When Feelings Get The Best Of You.
- • The best habit to develop in 2017
- • There Are 3 Ways To React To Failure (And One Of Them Guarantees Growth)
- • On Living Life like a Human Being, Not a Human Doing
- April (15)
- 2016 (154)
- December (10)
- • 15 Things You Don’t Owe Anyone At All (Though You Think You Do)
- • Your Love Shines Bright
- • Michelle’s Guide for a Peaceful Holiday
- • 6 Undeniable Reasons to Love Where You Are Right Now
- • Embracing Your Magnificence
- • Michelle’s December Kindness Challenge
- • The Science of High Performance in Sport
- • A Spiritual Guide to Dealing With Family Over the Holidays 2016
- • How to Find the Courage to Disappoint Your Family to Be True to Yourself
- • We Were Born for These Times
- November (11)
- • Gratitude in Action
- • 5 Affirmations for Dealing with Fear
- • The Wisdom of Stepping into The Unknown
- • 10 Thought Patterns That Will Leave You Feeling Stuck
- • 4 Powerful Truths That Will Change Your Life
- • Post-Election Path to Peace
- • 4 Ways to Release Fear From your Life
- • How to Keep Setbacks From Holding You Back
- • Why the Hell Would I Want to Skin a Cat?
- • When Should You Quit Your Job and Go After Your Passion?
- • How to Manage Stress During Stressful Times
- October (12)
- • Self Love: 5 Important Things You Should Know about It
- • Does a placebo work if you know it’s a placebo?
- • My Biggest Struggle and How I Overcome It
- • Women, Wisdom and Love
- • 4 Questions That Will Shift Your Life to a Whole New Level
- • Are You a People Pleaser? Here is How to Claim Back Your Self-Worth
- • This Simple Principle Changed My Life
- • How to be a leader of light
- • How a child with Chickenpox stopped itching
- • How to Shift from a Fixed Mindset into a Growth Mindset
- • 3 Simple Ways to Deepen Your Relationships
- • 4 Easy Tips to Create Happiness and Freedom Every Day
- September (8)
- • A Really Big Idea
- • The #1 Key to Finding Happiness
- • How to Release and Let Go of the Stories You Keep Telling Yourself
- • 6 Common Habits That Are Holding You Back
- • The 3 Types of Energy Behind Your Anxiety
- • The #1 Key to Figuring Out Your Purpose
- • How to use visualisation to boost your self-love
- • 10 Day Digital Detox: The Ups, Downs, & How You Can Do It Too!
- August (7)
- July (10)
- • The #1 Way to Bridge Our Differences
- • The Time Myth: You Have Nowhere to Be but Here
- • You’re Under NO Obligation
- • Choosing Love Over Fear
- • On Having the Courage to Follow Your Heart and Intuition
- • 10 Signs from the Universe That You Are Walking The Wrong Way
- • 5 Affirmations for Difficult Times
- • Outpourings of Love
- • When Things Get Good, Why Do Bad Things Happen?
- • What Freedom Means to Me & How I Live Freely
- June (12)
- • How to Let Go Of Something That No Longer Serves You
- • 5 Reminders for Difficult Times
- • The Miracle of Divine Perception
- • Are You Getting What You Deserve In Your Life?
- • How The Happiest Man On Earth Stays Happy.
- • 5 Self-Sabotaging Habits
- • The Control Dramas-A Lesson From “The Celestine Prophecy”
- • Courage
- • The Amazing Science Behind Earthing
- • The Highest Good Of Creativity.
- • The Universe is So Alive!
- • 8 Important Reminders When You Are Finding it Hard to Forgive
- May (17)
- • Gifts To Receive Right Here. Right Now.
- • 5 Ways to Give Up Complaining and Boost Your Positivity
- • 6 Signs You Need A Major Life Change
- • When People Can’t Hear You: Vibrational Differences
- • 5 Questions to Help You Find Your Path
- • How to deflect negative emotion
- • How to Manifest Your Desires With an Open Mind
- • Why It’s OK To Procrastinate: Staying In The Zone.
- • Feeling Your Way to Feeling Better
- • Why You Haven’t Been Lucky In Love
- • The Power Of A Smile
- • Noticing What We Take In
- • How to Have a Better Relationship with Time
- • Living happily ever after…
- • Make a Wish! 19 Magical Moments to Ask for What You Want
- • How to Incorporate Meditation into Your Daily Activities
- • Why You’re Like A Wild Flower Even Though You Don’t Know It
- April (15)
- • Let’s Talk About Abundance For A Moment
- • Finding Your Center When You Are Emotionally Triggered
- • How to slow ageing
- • Turn Your Unhappiness Into Happiness In Five Easy Steps
- • Don’t Let Your Research Kill Your Dreams!
- • New Study Reveals Why Intelligent People Are Usually Loners
- • How to Be Ok With Your Anger and Other Negative Emotions
- • How to Persevere When You Feel like Giving Up
- • Finding A Friendly Universe When It Feels Like The World’s Against You
- • Being Not Doing
- • 9 Ways to Let Go of Your Past and Start Over
- • The power of a hug
- • 3 New Views On Time To Help You Slow Down And Be Present
- • 15 Healthy Beliefs to Be Stubborn About
- • Four Lessons That Changed My Life
- March (18)
- • Why Some People Are MAGNETS for Bad Relationships
- • Are You Still Playing the Blame Game?
- • How to Make Yourself Immune to Secondhand Stress
- • How to Attract More of What You Want in Life
- • How to Let Go of Toxic Friendships Consciously
- • What Makes Us Present? This One’s A Surprise!
- • Keep Calm and Carry On: Election Edition
- • Why Silence Is Often the Best Response to a Verbal Attack
- • 6 Morning Habits That Lead To Daily Happiness
- • Setting Those Voices In Our Head Straight
- • How to Deal with Indecision
- • How Imagination Begins Manifestation
- • The Art of Self-Correction
- • What We Fear Isn’t As Scary As We Might Think
- • 10 Ways to Turn a Bad Day Around
- • Dream Big! You Are An Infinite Possibility
- • Exploring Your Resistance
- • Inspiration And How It Connects You To Spirit
- February (16)
- • Do You Know What You Want?
- • You Don’t Have to Know All the Answers (In Fact, It’s Better if You Don’t)
- • The Power of Being Imbalanced
- • Raise Your Vibration & Change Your Situation
- • The Importance of Accepting People Where They Are
- • Does What You Feel Mean Something About You?
- • Living an Inspired Life – Every Day
- • How I Began to Get it Done
- • Learning How to Create Peace From Within
- • Find yourself vs reveal yourself
- • How to Call in Love
- • Are We Really Who We Think We Are?
- • How to Live a More Inspired Life
- • How you light-up a life
- • Why Procrastination May Be Good for the Soul
- • Breakdowns Can Be Our Breakthroughs
- January (18)
- • It’s Not Rejection, It’s Redirection
- • How To Let Go Of What Makes You Unhappy
- • Be Mindful and Alert!
- • Are You Resisting The Situation Or A Personal Transformation?
- • Dealing with Negative Self Talk
- • Make Mistakes And Be Imperfect! (It’ll Save Your Life.)
- • Because the Purpose of Life Is to Help Others
- • 5 Things to Stop Doing…Right Now
- • Stopped A Project You Started? Here’s How To Continue.
- • Five Feel-Good Affirmations
- • Morning Rituals To Set Yourself Up For Success All Year Long
- • Are You Dreaming Big Enough? 3 Sure Signs
- • Allow yourself to be inspired by others.
- • It’s Ok to Breakdown
- • The Dark Side of the Ambition
- • 6 Things Optimists Do Differently
- • New Year, New Intentions!
- • Bad Karma - Obstacle or Challenge on the Spiritual Path?
- December (10)
- 2015 (94)
- December (17)
- • 15 New Year’s Resolutions Every Person Should Actually Make
- • When Life Doesn’t Go as Planned
- • Who Says We Have To Be Happy? Here’s Another Option
- • Making Ordinary Moments Extraordinary
- • 12 Reasons to Forgive the Person Who Hurt You the Most
- • How to End 2015 on a High Note
- • Why True Love Is Eternal
- • It’s time to write your Soul Goals
- • 4 Ways to Create Happiness
- • How I Manage Holiday Expectations
- • 15 Things to Stop Doing Right Now (If You Want to Manifest Your Dreams)
- • Mind Over Matter
- • How I deal with difficult situations
- • 9 Essential Ways to Find Meaning in Your Life
- • The Heart is Your Best Teacher and Friend
- • Not Letting Failure ‘Go to Your Heart’
- • 3 Reasons Why People Are Addicted to Negativity
- November (23)
- • A Magical Way To Find Your Answers
- • My Vulnerable Sharing on Self-Love
- • Evolving vs. Changing
- • Communicating beyond Physical Language
- • A Matter of Perspective
- • The Divine Spark of Life
- • Why We Should Stop Blaming Others (Right Now!)
- • 15 Signs You’re a Highly Spiritual Person
- • Are You Being Negative or Positive? 2 Tests to Find Out
- • Walk in the Park
- • My favorite self-care practices
- • Violet Fire
- • Coming Home
- • The Journey to the Sun
- • Why Do Bad Things Happen to Good People?
- • Spinning the Chakras
- • Practicing Patience
- • Are You a Positive Person? 20 Critical Traits of Positive People
- • Emptying the Room of our Heart
- • Top 10 Rules for Success According to Oprah
- • Who Can Look Beyond the Crowd?
- • A Wave of Sunshine
- • Why I Expect Miracles Every Day
- October (23)
- • Time to Share
- • Many Levels of the One Being That You Are
- • Venus, Jupiter and Mars in a Triangle Today
- • Everything Doesn't Happen For a Reason
- • Time is Changing
- • 5 ways to propel your life even when you feel stuck
- • Our Home on Earth Has a Good Mother
- • Eight Keys to Forgiveness
- • Everything Happens For a Reason: A Short Story
- • Love is Silence
- • When You’ve Been Working On Creating Change – And It’s NOT Coming
- • Lessons learned after 70 straight days of meditation
- • Opening our Hearts and Changing Old Styles
- • 20 EXCELLENT Reasons to Be Happy Right Now
- • On Learning to Let Go of Blame
- • How to Overcome the Need to Control Everything
- • How To Plant The Seed To Create What You Want.
- • What Values Do You Live By?
- • Ride the Wave of the Universe
- • Finding Peace and Harmony in this Life
- • Are You Too Emotionally Intelligent?
- • The Subconscious Mind: Your Master Manifester Within and How to Use It
- • How Are You Affecting Others? – 16 Things You May Want To Stop Doing
- September (10)
- • How to live an authentic life
- • The Breath and Healing
- • The Eye of God
- • 7 ways to help you take your time
- • Crown Chakra and Opening to Enlightenment
- • Planning is Artificial Intelligence
- • Patience and Humility
- • The Universe Always Knows Best
- • Freedom Through Forgiveness
- • 3 Reasons Why You Manifest the Same Problem Again and Again
- August (12)
- • A Different Approach to Guilt, Blame and Forgiveness
- • Obstacles and Delays
- • 25 Life Changing Lessons to Learn from Alan Watts
- • Small Acts of Compassion
- • Intuition and dyslexia – How the two are linked
- • 5 Signs You’ve Stopped Caring About People’s Approval
- • An experiment in interconnectedness
- • How To Get Out Of Your Head And Into Your Heart
- • Where Is The Evidence That We Will Have A Positive Future?
- • On Fleeing From Our Personal Monsters
- • Materializing Your Desires
- • Being Joyful
- July (9)
- • Four Main Traits That Make Lucky People “Lucky”
- • What successful entrepreneurs know about intuition – that you don’t
- • Anxiety – Is your panic alarm stuck on?
- • How Our Thoughts Control Our DNA
- • Learn to trust your intuition instantly
- • Detach from Your Old Mental Photo Album
- • Self-Judgment: Our Excuses Not to Live
- • Why Negative People Are In Your Life
- • Unleash the real you
- December (17)