This article was posted by CrystalWind.ca.
Just for Today
Category: Poems & Prayers Written by AndEl
Here are ten resolutions to make when you awake in the morning.
They are Just for One Day. Think of them not as a life task but as a day’s work.
These things will give you pleasure. Yet they require will power. You don’t need resolutions to do what is easy.
- Just for Today, I will try to live through this day only, and not tackle my whole life-problem at once. I can do some things for eight hours that would appall me if I felt I had to keep them up for a lifetime.
- Just for Today, I will be Happy. This assumes that what Abraham Lincoln said is true, that “most people are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” Happiness is from Within; it is not a matter of external strimuli.
- Just for Today, I will Adjust myself to what Is, and not try to Adjust everything to my own desires. I will take my family, my business, and my luck as they come, and fit myself to them.
- Just for Today, I will take care of my Body. I will exercise it, care for it, and nourish it, and not abuse it nor neglect it; so that it will be a perfect machine for my will.
- Just for Today, I will try to strengthen my mind, I will study. I will learn something useful, I will not be a mental loafer all day. I will read something that requires effort, thought and concentration.
- Just for Today, I will exercise my Soul. In three ways:
- I will do somebody a good turn and not get found out. If anybody knows of it, it will not count.
- I will do at least two things I don’t want to do, as William James suggests just for exercise.
- I will not show any one that my feelings are hurt. They may be hurt, but Today I will not show it.
- Just for To-day, I will be agreeable. I will look as well as I can, dress as nice as possible, talk low, act courteously, be liberal with flattery, criticize not one bit nor find fault with anything, and not try to regulate nor improve anybody.
- Just for Today, I will have a Plan. I will write down just what I expect to do every hour. I may not follow it exactly, but I’ll have it. It will save me from the two pests Hurry and Indecision.
- Just for Today, I will have a quiet half hour, all by myself, and relax. During this half hour, some time, I will think of God, so as to get a little more perspective to my life.
- Just for Today, I will be Unafraid. Especially I will not be afraid to be Happy, to enjoy what is Beautiful, to love and to believe that those I love love me.
© 2018 AndEl-crystalwind.ca. All rights reserved.
Spirit Animal Totem Of The Day!
Crystal Of The Day!
The Crystal Wind Oracle
Myth & Magic Card Deck!
Printed & Boxed!
Now with 58 cards!
Poems & Prayers
Who is Online Now
We have 1979 guests and no members online
Featured This Month
Birth Totem - Falcon
Birth Totem Falcon Birth dates: March 21 – April 19 Birth Totem is: Falcon... Read more
Aries Spiritual Stone - Eudialyte
Eudialyte Birthstone: Aries Planet: Mars Element: Fire Chakra: Heart E... Read more
The Time of No Time: Beltane!
Around the medicine wheel of life we go, from season to season (solstice to ... Read more
Bright Beltane Blessings!
The wheel turns to Beltane, also known as Mayday, marking the beginning of S... Read more
The Blood Energizer Stone The combined colours of bloodstone allow it to fu... Read more
The Mythology of Aries First things first, when referring to the mythology ... Read more
The Emotional Balancer Stone Green Aventurine is perhaps the best balancing... Read more
Budding Trees Moon
Red Hawk - Fire Opal - Dandelion - Yellow March 21 – April 19 The Budding Tr... Read more
Sun in Aries
Aries March 21 through April 20 An Overview of Sun Sign Characteristics for A... Read more
The Crystal Wind Oracle Card Deck
The Crystal Wind Oracle™ The Crystal Wind Oracle Myth & Magic Card D... Read more