Category: Forecasts and Horoscopes Written by Pam Younghans Views: 1143
AGAINST A BACKDROP of smoke and fire, confusion and anger, we are advised by the Virgo Sun to simply put one foot in front of the other, to focus on the tasks at hand, and to offer what assistance we can. The tension and the air quality have both been especially problematic since last week, when warrior Mars went retrograde in fiery Aries. Our thoughts and heart prayers go out to all human, animal, and plant life being affected by current environmental and social challenges.
We now enter the last full week of Virgo, leading up to the Libra Equinox on September 22. The astrological highlight this week is our New Moon on Thursday, September 17, which occurs at 4 a.m. PDT (11 a.m. GMT).
A NEW MOON is always an opportunity to set new intentions, and with this lunation in Virgo – the sign dedicated to selfless service – we will want to consider how we can most effectively be a representative for the Light during these extraordinary times.
But, Virgo can be an efficiency expert, having little patience for the time it might take to intuitively sense our next steps. Virgo can also be critical or pessimistic if not seeing immediate or tangible results for our efforts. Because of these qualities of the sign, we want to remember the word "practice."
HERE'S a lovely and relevant quote from Ram Dass that I shared on facebook this morning:
“When you go out into the woods and you look at trees, you see all these different trees. And some of them are bent, and some of them are straight, and some of them are evergreens, and some of them are whatever. And you look at the tree and you allow it. You appreciate it. You see why it is the way it is. You sort of understand that it didn’t get enough light, and so it turned that way. And you don’t get all emotional about it. You just allow it. You appreciate the tree.
"The minute you get near humans, you lose all that. And you are constantly saying ‘You’re too this, or I’m too this.’ That judging mind comes in. And so I practice turning people into trees. Which means appreciating them just the way they are.”
I especially like that Ram Dass said that he practices turning people into trees. He was sharing a technique for interrupting our tendency to judge others, but he was also acknowledging that we must not condemn ourselves for not being immediately perfect at holding a new attitude or perspective.
AT THE TIME of the New Moon, a mutable grand cross is formed between the Sun/Moon in Virgo, Neptune in Pisces, the South Node in Sagittarius, and the North Node in Gemini. A grand cross is a stressful configuration that requires us to grow in self-awareness, as we must learn to navigate conflicting interests. This particular grand cross pushes humanity to take another step in our evolutionary growth, and indicates that the next four weeks will be highly pivotal in that developmental process.
With the nodal axis now in Gemini/Sagittarius, our next stage of evolution requires that we shift from judgment into acceptance, from self-righteousness into tolerance, and from dogmatism into impartiality. This is another reason I find the quote from Ram Dass to be so appropriate right now.
THE NEW MOON occurs when the Sun and Moon conjoin at 25°00′ Virgo. This lunation is unique, and impacts multiple areas of our shared experience, because the New Moon forms aspects with every one of the other main planets, with the exception of Mercury. The tightest aspects – and therefore the strongest – are the squares to the nodal axis (00°33′), a trine to Saturn (00°26′), and a sesquiquadrate to Uranus (00°15′).
Saturn's helpful aspect to the New Moon represents an opportunity to realign with our highest integrity. Although Saturn and Mars are both currently retrograde, indicating some delays in forward progress, this trine can help fortify our inner strength and stabilize our intentions. The more work we do on ourselves right now, shoring up our internal foundations, the more prepared and better equipped we will be to move forward when the time is right.
However, Uranus is in hard aspect to the New Moon, which tosses a wild card into the game. Uranus deals in the currency of surprises – and with Uranus currently in earthy Taurus, the unexpected may well be in the form of weather events and environmental shifts, which are designed to increase awareness about humanity's impact on the natural world. With Uranus, breakdowns occur to carve a path for breakthroughs to follow.
HERE is our day-by-day unfolding for the coming week:
- Sun trine Pluto: This empowering influence enables us to focus our attention on whatever next steps will take us closer to our goal. This trine enhances a sense of our life's higher mission, and helps us align with it.
- Venus square Uranus: A day of some surprises and drama, especially in the realms of values, relationships, and material well-being. Be flexible in your expectations. Allow others plenty of space to have their own opinions. Take a break from your routine to get clearer on what you most value. Find something that you appreciate, and spend some time in gratitude for having that manifestation in your life, no matter how small.
- Mercury sesquiquadrate Ceres: Frustrations and disagreements on the home front can evoke feelings of helplessness or hopelessness. Take care not to fall into victim or martyr mode. Know that we cannot keep others from their lessons. Remember that unconditional love means holding the energy of love under all conditions, and that you can embody this high-level energy without defaulting to self-sacrifice.
- Sun square Nodes: A prelude to tomorrow's New Moon energies, challenging us to move beyond outdated beliefs, judgments, and misperceptions.
- Mercury square Jupiter: Opinions and beliefs are expressed without restraint, especially over the fairness (or lack thereof) of the legal system. Big ideas must be considered realistically.
- New Moon, Sun sesquiquadrate Uranus, Sun trine Saturn: See New Moon descriptions, above.
- Mercury quincunx Neptune: Options are unclear, requiring an adjustment in our thinking. Vacillations and uncertainty make this a day to avoid making concrete decisions.
- Sun quincunx Mars: Conflict over strategies, as what appears to be the most efficient plan may interfere with individual rights. A third option will be needed to accommodate both needs.
- Mercury square Pluto: Verbal altercations, opinions strong. Words are laserlike, with the ability to wound deeply. Be cautious in insisting that another agree with your truth, as resistance is strong and demands will only create bigger gaps between you.
IF YOUR BIRTHDAY IS THIS WEEK: This year is very active, with many areas of your life being affected. Relationships go through an adjustment, as you figure out what you really want in this area. Watch a tendency to be overly critical, either of self or other. Focus on what you truly believe in, and what provides the greatest meaning for your life. Once you get in touch with those truths, you have the internal strength needed to manifest your goals. Be ready for a few surprises, and be willing to go with the flow, rather than believing you need to have everything figured out ahead of time. (Solar Return Sun semisquare Venus, quincunx Mars, trine Jupiter, trine Saturn, sesquiquadrate Uranus, opposite Neptune, trine Pluto)
In gratitude and light,
Aspects of Note this Week
All times listed are Pacific Daylight Time. For Greenwich Mean Time, add 7 hours.
MON: Sun trine Pluto
TUE: Venus square Uranus
WED: Mercury sesquiquadrate Ceres, Sun square nodal axis
THU: Mercury square Jupiter, New Moon 4:00 a.m. PDT, Sun sesquiquadrate Uranus, Sun trine Saturn
FRI: Mercury quincunx Neptune
SAT: Sun quincunx Mars
SUN: Mercury square Pluto
Pam Younghans lives in a log cabin outside of Seattle, Washington with her two dogs. She has been interpreting astrology charts for over 30 years, and has been reading charts professionally since the mid-1980s. Astrologer Pam Younghans writes this NorthPoint Astrology Journal based on planetary influences and guidance received. Her hope is to offer perspectives and insights that will assist you in utilizing current energies to enhance your life experience and accelerate your spiritual and personal growth. Feel free to share this NorthPoint Journal with others who may enjoy it! When doing so, please forward it in its entirety, including all contact and copyright information. To learn more about private astrology sessions, please visit the "Personal Readings" page at www.northpointastrology.com. To schedule a reading, please email . Copyright NorthPoint Astrology 2020. All Rights Reserved.
Pam Younghans lives in a log cabin outside of Seattle, Washington with her two dogs. She has been interpreting astrology charts for over 30 years, and has been reading charts professionally since the mid-1980s. Astrologer Pam Younghans writes this NorthPoint Astrology Journal based on planetary influences and guidance received. Her hope is to offer perspectives and insights that will assist you in utilizing current energies to enhance your life experience and accelerate your spiritual and personal growth.
Feel free to share this NorthPoint Journal with others who may enjoy it! When doing so, please forward it in its entirety, including all contact and copyright information. To learn more about private astrology sessions, please visit the "Personal Readings" page at www.northpointastrology.com. To schedule a reading, please email .
Copyright NorthPoint Astrology 2020. All Rights Reserved.
ॐ Namasté - Blessings!
© 2008-2020 crystalwind.ca. All rights reserved.
Crystal Of The Day!
Who is Online Now
We have 2011 guests and no members online