Category: Moon Cycles Hits: 2054
The full moon on Saturday March 31, 2018 at 10° Libra is a blue moon because it is the second full moon of the calendar month. The Blue Moon March 2018 astrology chart has eight challenging red aspects and one helpful blue aspect. Full Moon March 2018 is a blue moon in every sense of the word.
Mercury retrograde opposite the full moon means it will be hard to understand your feelings and even harder to share them. Saturn square the full moon and Mercury brings negative thinking, sadness and loneliness. Worry and fear from fixed stars make this a particularly troubling full moon. Doing nothing and letting the full moon get you down is not an option.
The good thing about challenging aspects is that they force you work hard and improve yourself. The one positive aspect in the full moon chart is helping you positively transform your life in powerful ways. This is a full moon to work with your fears and release them from your subconscious.
Full Moon Meaning
A full moon occurs when the Sun is opposite the Moon. This highlights opposing forces or polarities in your life such as your work versus home, or what you need versus what you want. Inner tension and external pressures can lead to personal conflict and crises that drain your energy. Your home, family and intimate relationships come into sharper focus following a full moon.
The lunar qualities of emotions and instincts reach their peak at a full moon. Subconscious awareness allows for an impartial and balanced look at your personal relationships. Use you increased emotional strength and intuition to overcome any relationship challenges. You will clearly see any relationship dynamics or negative feelings causing disharmony.
A full moon has a relationship to the previous new moon. Your March 17 New Moon goals can now be fine-tuned or completed, it’s harvest time. You can make emotional adjustments in response to those new moon goals. The effects of the March 31 Full Moon lasts for two weeks up to the April 15 New Moon.
Blue Moon Meaning
An astronomical blue moon is the second full moon in a calendar month. About 3% of all full moons are blue moon and they occur on average once every 2.7 years. So having a blue moon in February and March 2018 is very rare indeed. However, blue moon astrology is no different full moon astrology. There are no ancient myths or superstitions about blue moons. The term “blue moon” only appeared a few hundred years ago when Shakespeare used it to describe something that is rare or absurd.
Blue moons are only possible using the Julian calendar. Most people in the world still use a lunar calendar like our ancestors did. If the Western World still used a lunar calendar we would be more in tune with natural cycles. We yearn for meaning in the moon and stars above. The Julian calendar is one reason we are so removed from our cultural roots.
Blue is a symbol of sadness and loneliness, as in “feeling blue”. There are at least seven songs on YouTube with blue moon in the title and they are generally sad love songs. This modern cultural association holds true for Blue Moon March 2018 for a number of reasons as outlined below.
Blue Moon March 2018 Astrology
The March 31 full moon aligns with two stars in Virgo Constellation as shown below. Both stars need consideration because the Moon has already passed over them, unleashing their full potential.
- 10°11′ Libra – Vindemiatrix Star
- 10°23′ Libra – Porrima Star
- 10°44′ Libra – Full Moon
Fixed star Porrima gives a courteous, refined and lovable character with prophetic instincts. Moon conjunct Porrima: Popular, business worries, domestic disharmony and divorce, poor health.
Fixed star Vindemiatrix gives falsity, disgrace, stealing and often causes its natives to become widows. Moon conjunct Vindemiatrix: Worry, many disappointments, loss through law or writings and theft, bad health, failure in business. The Moon in particular with this star causes a fear of losing your partner. Through your own fear you could project the loss.
Because these two stars are so close together and only half a degree from Full Moon March 2018, the prophetic instincts of Porrima combine with the fear of death from Vindemiatrix. This is a warning to those who dare predict the death of another person. Also, if you find yourself having morbid fears about the death of a loved one, it is critically important that you do all you can to put these thoughts out of your mind. This can be difficult with the Moon at this position because any such thoughts, feelings or imaginations will be subconscious.
Thoughts are things and they have energy and can manifest in the material world. The first law of thermodynamics states that energy can neither be created nor destroyed; energy can only be transferred or changed from one form to another. Therefore, as soon as you gain conscious awareness of bad thoughts you must replace them with happy thoughts, or anything else for that matter. Remind yourself that your intuition, visions or dreams are corrupted by irrational fears.
Blue Moon March 2018 gives you an opportunity to work with your fears and to release them from your subconscious. Transform your negative thought energy into positive thought energy. Once you see the Full Moon March 2018 astrology chart below and learn about all those challenging red aspects you will understand why I have stressed this point so much.
Full Moon March 2018 Astrology
Full Moon March 2018 Aspects
Mercury Retrograde March 2018 brings communication and technology breakdowns, nervous anxiety, travel delays and lost items. Mercury stationary retrograde conjunct Venus focuses your thoughts and communications on matters of love and affection. Communication problems with your partner may arise, or misunderstandings may arise if you are dating. Ex partners may arrive out of nowhere.
Moon opposite Mercury Retrograde muddles your thoughts and feelings making it hard to know what you are feeling let alone what others are feeling. You may have difficulty making sense of everyday problems. Full Moon March 2018 may result in arguments caused by emotional bias or simple lack of understanding. Try to spend some quiet time in reflection, or chat with a mentor about your feelings.
Mars conjunct Saturn can ignite your darkest desires and make you angry, resentful or revengeful. Ignorance or laziness can lead to frustration and difficult situations. This destructive energy could manifest as risky actions due to impatience. On the other hand, it could manifest through another persons destructive action toward you. Full Moon March 2018 is not the right time to go to war. Stay at home and sharpen your knives, work hard with patience and forethought.
Moon square Mars brings simmering anger to the surface so care is needed to avoid being hurt or causing harm. Yet again Blue Moon March 2018 signals danger when taking risks or acting impulsively. However, holding onto anger and frustration is not advised. Some degree of emotional discomfort is to be expected in close relationships, especially with women. They key is to release your frustrations in a controlled way. Courage is needed to face what is making you feel threatened.
Mercury square Mars leads to rushed thinking which can make you short-tempered and aggressive. You may jump to conclusions, rush your decision-making or say the wrong thing. Disagreements, arguments and hostility are possible. Listen carefully and think twice before speaking. There are constructive things you can do to safely express this nervous energy like hobbies, creative projects and exercise.
Moon square Saturn makes it harder for you to connect to other people in any meaningful way. Sadness, loneliness, guilt and shame are possible as you are reminded of past relationship failures, loss and grief. Blue Moon March 2018 asks you to take responsibility for your own emotional reactions. Blaming others for your bad mood will only make matters worse. Unhealthy relationships may end. Even good relationships may suffer from emotional coldness, nagging or bullying.
Mercury square Saturn makes communicating your plans and ideas even more difficult because of negative thinking and misunderstandings. Don’t rely on the words of others, and be careful with your own. You are likely to say the wrong thing and dig a bigger hole for yourself. Full Moon March 2018 may cause some distance or separation in close relationships. This, together with gloomy thoughts, bad news or loneliness, can have a negative effect on your mental well-being.
Blue Moon March 2018 Summary
The March 31 full moon is a blue moon in every sense of the word. It is the second full moon of the month and it a symbol of sadness and loneliness. This modern cultural association seen in sad songs about blue moons is supported by challenging aspects to Saturn, the astrological symbol of sadness and loneliness. Also, the full moon is next to two stars associated with worry, fear and disappointment. In particular, fear of losing your partner.
All but one of the aspects in the Blue Moon March 2018 astrology chart are challenging squares or oppositions. This will force you to do something about your fears or whatever else is troubling you. You can’t ignore your problems and hope they will go away. This is as an opportunity to work with your fears and to release them from your subconscious. If you are lonely join a dating site. If you are depressed ask your doctor for help, and if your marriage is failing see a relationship counsellor.
Jupiter sextile Pluto is the one good aspect and lasts until the end of April 2018. It brings success through positive change. You don’t have to force change or react to unexpected change. This is a natural development associated with increased power and influence, spiritual and personal growth. Use this powerful force for good to transform the negative energy of the full moon into positive outcomes. Face your worries and fears head on and your life will be transformed by Blue Moon March 2018.
I’m so tired of being alone
These penitent walls are all I’ve known
The songbird calling
Across the water
Outside my silent asylum
Oh, don’t leave me on my own
Left me standing all alone
Blue Moon ∼ Beck
If the Blue Moon March 2018 astrology chart directly impacts your horoscope decan you can read about it in your monthly horoscope. For more detail about how it affects your natal chart see full moon transits.
Previous Moon Phase: March 17 New Moon
Next Moon Phase: April 15 New Moon
Blue Moon March 2018 Times and Dates
Los Angeles – March 31, 5:36 am
New York – March 31, 8:36 am
London – March 31, 1:36 pm
Delhi – March 31, 6:06 pm
Sydney – March 31, 10:36 pm
ॐ Namasté - Blessings!
© 2008-2019 crystalwind.ca. All rights reserved.
Current Moon Cycles Videos
Archive: Moon Cycles
- 2019 (33)
- June (4)
- May (3)
- April (6)
- March (7)
- February (5)
- January (8)
- • New Moon 4 February 2019 - Hope and Goodwill
- • Full Moon Update 1-20-19
- • The Spiritual Impact The Leo Full Moon And Total Lunar Eclipse Are Bringing
- • Lunar Eclipse 21 January 2019 - Change and Opportunity
- • The Spiritual Impact Of The New Moon in Capricorn With Solar Eclipse
- • The Partial Solar Eclipse On Jan 5th/6th - In Relationships!
- • Solar Eclipse 5 January 2019 - Big Business
- • New Moon/Eclipse Update 1-5-19
- 2018 (87)
- December (5)
- November (6)
- October (7)
- • New Moon 7 November 2018 - Say Sorry and Move On
- • Full Moon Update 10-24-18
- • The Spiritual Influence The Full Moon In Taurus Will Bring
- • Full Moon 24 October 2018 - Unexpected Love
- • New Moon Update 10-8-18
- • The Spiritual Influence The Upcoming Libra New Moon Is Providing
- • New Moon 8 October 2018 - Transformation
- September (9)
- • The Full Moon in Aries - in Relationships
- • Equinox - Aries Full Moon Update
- • The Spiritual Impact The Aries Full Moon Is Promising
- • Full Moon 24 September 2018 - Overcome Your Fears
- • New Moon Update 9-9-18
- • 9th September 2018: New Moon in Virgo
- • The New Moon in Virgo on Sept 9th in Relationships
- • New Moon 9 September 2018 - Opportunity and Success
- • The Spiritual Influence Of The Virgo New Moon Energies
- August (5)
- July (8)
- • Teachings From The Aquarius Full Moon For The Golden Age Of Aquarius
- • Full Moon Eclipse Update 7-27-18
- • The Spiritual Impact Of The Aquarius Full Moon And Total Lunar Eclipse
- • Full Moon Lunar Eclipse in Aquarius, July 27, 2018 ~ Conscious Release
- • Moon Names
- • New Moon Update 7-12-18
- • The Spiritual Powers Of The Cancer New Moon & Partial Solar Eclipse
- • Friday 13th July New Moon - Sirius Isis Alignment
- June (9)
- • Enjoying The Blessings Of The Upcoming Capricorn Full Moon
- • Full Moon Update 6-27-18
- • Lunar Eclipse 27 July 2018 - Blood Moon
- • Full Moon 28 June 2018 - Break Free
- • New Moon Update 6-13-18
- • The Spiritual Powers Of The Gemini New Moon Energy Field
- • New Moon in Gemini, June 13th, 2018 ~ Quantum Shifts in Consciousness
- • New Moon 13 June 2018 - Lucky Stars
- • The Meaning Of The Moon Phase Of Your Birthday
- May (6)
- April (10)
- • The Full Moon in Scorpio and Relationships
- • Full Moon in Scorpio, April 30, 2018 - Exhumed
- • Full Moon Update 4-29-18
- • The Spiritual Influence The Full Moon In Scorpio Will Bring
- • Full Moon 29 April 2018 - Final Success
- • The New Moon In Aries Conjunct Uranus In Relationships
- • New Moon Update 4-15-18
- • New Moon in Aries, April 15, 2018 ~ A Catalyst for Change
- • The Spiritual Influence The Upcoming Aries New Moon Is Providing
- • New Moon 15 April 2018 - A New Day
- March (8)
- • Full Moon Update 3-31-18
- • How The Libra Full Moon Energies Are Influencing Our Life
- • Blue Moon 31 March 2018 – Full Moon Blues
- • Some Brief Notes On The New Moon In Pisces
- • New Moon Update 3-17-18
- • The Spiritual Influence Of The Pisces New Moon Energies
- • New Moon 17 March 2018 - Sexual Healing
- • Tonight Is The Full Crow Moon In Virgo - Get Ready For A Major Energy Shift!
- February (6)
- January (8)
- • Blood Super Moon Lunar Eclipse 31.1.18
- • 31st Jan 2018: Lunar Eclipse in Leo
- • Full Moon Update 1-31-18
- • The Spiritual Influence This Leo Full Moon And Lunar Eclipse Have On Us
- • Lunar Eclipse 31 January 2018 - Super Woman
- • New Moon in Capricorn - Onwards!
- • New Moon in Capricorn, January 16/17, 2018 ~ Becoming Masters of New Earth
- • Understanding The Energies Field Of The Capricorn New Moon
- 2017 (1)
- March (1)
- 2015 (1)
- 2014 (4)
- November (1)
- October (2)
- April (1)
- 2013 (1)
- September (1)
- 2012 (1)
- July (1)