Category: Moon Cycles Written by Jamie Partridge Views: 1081
The full moon on Monday, June 17, 2019, at 25° Sagittarius is the most important moon phase so far this year. It coincides with the two major planetary aspects of 2019, Jupiter square Neptune and Saturn sextile Neptune.
The June 2019 full moon is also important because it is the last moon phase of the current eclipse cycle which began with the January 5 solar eclipse. So for many reasons, this is a full moon to make your long term dreams come true.
Full Moon Meaning
A full moon occurs when the Sun is opposite the Moon. This highlights opposing forces or polarities in your life such as your work versus home, or what you need versus what you want. Inner tension and external pressures can lead to personal conflict and crises that drain your energy. Your home, family and intimate relationships come into sharper focus following a full moon.
The lunar qualities of emotions and instincts reach their peak at a full moon. Use your increased emotional strength and intuition to overcome any relationship challenges. Subconscious awareness allows for an impartial and balanced look at your personal relationships. You will clearly see any relationship dynamics or negative feelings causing disharmony.
Full Moon June 2019 Astrology
The June 17 full moon encapsulates the two most important planetary aspects of 2019: Jupiter square Neptune the day before, and Saturn sextile Neptune the day after the new moon. Both major aspects occur three times this year but never as close as these middle ones, the second of three for each.
13 January 2019
16 June 2019
21 September 2019
31 January 2019
18 June 2019
8 November 2019
The chart below shows the full moon conjunct Jupiter providing a link in space, but the link in time to the major aspects is more significant. The chart also shows the close alignment of Mercury and Mars which are themselves linked to Jupiter, Saturn, and Neptune by aspect.
Full Moon Aspects
Saturn sextile Neptune gives strong faith and self-belief. With patience, you will do things the right way and not take shortcuts. Spiritual wisdom and self-discipline help you sacrifice short-term gratification for long-term success.
You can be optimistic while also understanding your own limitations. This allows you to make your dreams come true with hard work and a sensible, realistic approach.
Jupiter square Neptune can bring disappointment or embarrassment that makes you question yourself and your faith. You may become too optimistic, trusting and generous. Avoid gambling, drugs, gurus, cults and get-rich-quick schemes. Instead, rely on the advice of trusted friends and family.
Thankfully, Saturn sextile Neptune gives a healthy dose of reality that lowers the risk of delusion and deception. It also helps you channel your inspiration and enthusiasm into hard work to manifest your hopes and dreams.
Mercury conjunct Mars brings focused and acute thinking which can be applied to making your dreams come true. It gives a sense of urgency but aggressive or defensive thinking could lead to arguments, temper tantrums, meanness and verbal abuse. Self-awareness of the buildup of nervous and impulsive energy will lead to more productive outcomes.
If you have no worthy cause to fight for, apply this energy to mental work such as studies or investigations, debates or puzzle solving. Otherwise, you may encounter hostility in others in the form of threats, abuse or intimidation. Choose your battles carefully and think twice before acting.
Mercury opposite Saturn and Mars opposite Saturn brings negativity, bad news, mistakes, inhibition, frustration, and delay. It increases the risk of anger, envy, jealousy, meanness, rejection, verbal and physical abuse, and bullying, This can lead to separations, isolation, poor self-esteem, communication problems, and sadness.
The key to avoiding such negative consequences is to keep yourself busy by working hard on your dreams. This is a marathon, not a sprint. So controlled release of energy through sustained effort is best. Self-discipline, patience and steely determination can lead to satisfying results.
Mercury trine Neptune and Mars trine Neptune bring harmony, sensitivity, and empathy to overcome the Saturn negativity and meanness mentioned above. Relationship problems can be avoided with compassion and nonverbal communication. In fact, increased sensuality, charm, and karmic attraction make this a good full moon for passionate romances and finding your soulmate.
These positive Neptune aspects help you see the bigger picture. With increased creativity and imagination you can dream up a better future. With increased intuition with spiritual courage, you can fight for your rights and act on your plans to make your dreams come true.
Moon conjunct Jupiter brings optimism, generosity and good fortune. Good intentions breed success, especially with those things related to growth and happiness. It could be an overseas holiday, a financial investment or an intimate relationship.
Your caring and supportive attitude can bring new friendship and favors from others. This is a good full moon to join groups, start a long journey, enroll in a higher education course or take legal action. Births and marriages will benefit from growth and good fortune.
Full Moon Stars
The star map below shows the June 17 full moon at 25° Sagittarius Sign in Constellations Scorpius and Ophiuchus. Since our zodiac was developed over 2000 years ago, the precession of the equinoxes has moved the Sign of Sagittarius into the Constellation of Scorpius. And because astrology was originally based on the visible constellations, I prefer to use this old fashioned method instead of the Signs, which are purely symbolic and totally unrelated to astrological activity.
The list below shows in detail the fixed stars closest to the full moon. The closest being those in the Tail of the Scorpion. There are also very close stars in Ophiuchus and the Serpent he is holding. Jupiter is also conjunct stars in Scorpius and Ophiuchus.
- 25 36 – β Ophiuchi, Cebalrai
- 25 39 – ο Serpentis
- 25 52 – θ Scorpii, Sargas
- 25 53 – Full Moon June 2019
- 26 00 – M6 Scorpii, Aculeus
- 26 44 – κ Scorpii, Girtab
- 27 07 – Galactic Center
Fixed star Sargas in the joints of the tail is “like Saturn and partly like Venus.”  So it causes laziness, immorality, meanness, shamelessness, and sorrows in love.
Fixed star Aculeus gives a tendency towards a morbid outlook, seeing the worst rather than the best in everything. But it also gives a very sharp mind and a perception well above average.
Constellation Serpens is said to give wisdom, craft, deceit, malice, a feeble will and danger of poison.
Constellation Ophiuchus is said to give a passionate, blindly good-hearted, wasteful and easily seduced nature, unseen dangers, enmity, and slander.  It is also associated with poison and medicines.
New Moon June 2019 Summary
The June 17 full moon in the Tail of the Scorpion points to negativity, mean-spiritedness, and sadness in love. However, major planetary aspects at this time have a greater influence on the full moon than its actual position at 25° Sagittarius Sign or even in the Constellation of Scorpius.
While Jupiter square Neptune can test your faith with disappointments, Saturn sextile Neptune gives a healthy dose of reality that lowers the risk of delusion and deception. It also helps you channel your inspiration and enthusiasm into hard work to manifest your hopes and dreams.
Mercury conjunct Mars brings quick thinking and a sense of urgency. But opposite Saturn it points to frustration, heated words, and even hatred. Thankfully, the trine to Neptune gives compassion and empathy to avoid conflict. It also gives the passion and vision to make your dreams come true.
A full moon has a relationship to the previous new moon. Your June 3 new moon goals can now be fine-tuned or completed, it is harvest time. The June new moon gave an incredible amount of energy and courage to succeed in realizing your dreams. But it also stressed the need for caution. So avoid overoptimism and protect what you already and have.
The June 17 full moon is also the last moon phase before the July 2 solar eclipse. So it is important to look back at the previous eclipses that started this eclipse phase. There are only two weeks left to complete what you started about five months ago. It is time to finalize matters so you will be ready to start a new phase of life in two weeks time.
The January 5 solar eclipse is still having its optimistic, generous, creative and poetic influence. It was good for starting or growing a business. It was ideal for creative, musical and artistic projects and encouraged acts of kindness and charity.
The January 21 lunar eclipse brought change and uncertainty but also opportunity. Unexpected events and news caused anxiety and uncertainty about the future. But this eclipse gave the confidence and courage to accept change. Patience, self-control, and adaptability have allowed you to take advantage of new opportunities.
- Previous Moon Phase: New Moon 3 June 2019
- Next Moon Phase: Solar Eclipse 2 July 2019
- 2019 Moon Phases Calendar
Full Moon June 2019 Times and Dates
- Los Angeles – 17 June 1:30 am
- New York – 17 June 4:30 am
- London – 17 June 9:30 am
- Delhi – 17 June 2:00 pm
- Sydney – 17 June 6:30 pm
My name is Jamie Partridge and I live on the coast of NSW Australia with three amazing kids. I’ve had an interesting life so far, with varied occupations ranging from nursing assistant to farm hand.
ॐ Namasté - Blessings!
© 2008-2019 crystalwind.ca. All rights reserved.
Archive: Moon Cycles
- 2019 (38)
- July (3)
- June (6)
- May (3)
- April (6)
- March (7)
- February (5)
- January (8)
- • New Moon 4 February 2019 - Hope and Goodwill
- • Full Moon Update 1-20-19
- • The Spiritual Impact The Leo Full Moon And Total Lunar Eclipse Are Bringing
- • Lunar Eclipse 21 January 2019 - Change and Opportunity
- • The Spiritual Impact Of The New Moon in Capricorn With Solar Eclipse
- • The Partial Solar Eclipse On Jan 5th/6th - In Relationships!
- • Solar Eclipse 5 January 2019 - Big Business
- • New Moon/Eclipse Update 1-5-19
- 2018 (87)
- December (5)
- November (6)
- October (7)
- • New Moon 7 November 2018 - Say Sorry and Move On
- • Full Moon Update 10-24-18
- • The Spiritual Influence The Full Moon In Taurus Will Bring
- • Full Moon 24 October 2018 - Unexpected Love
- • New Moon Update 10-8-18
- • The Spiritual Influence The Upcoming Libra New Moon Is Providing
- • New Moon 8 October 2018 - Transformation
- September (9)
- • The Full Moon in Aries - in Relationships
- • Equinox - Aries Full Moon Update
- • The Spiritual Impact The Aries Full Moon Is Promising
- • Full Moon 24 September 2018 - Overcome Your Fears
- • New Moon Update 9-9-18
- • 9th September 2018: New Moon in Virgo
- • The New Moon in Virgo on Sept 9th in Relationships
- • New Moon 9 September 2018 - Opportunity and Success
- • The Spiritual Influence Of The Virgo New Moon Energies
- August (5)
- July (8)
- • Teachings From The Aquarius Full Moon For The Golden Age Of Aquarius
- • Full Moon Eclipse Update 7-27-18
- • The Spiritual Impact Of The Aquarius Full Moon And Total Lunar Eclipse
- • Full Moon Lunar Eclipse in Aquarius, July 27, 2018 ~ Conscious Release
- • Moon Names
- • New Moon Update 7-12-18
- • The Spiritual Powers Of The Cancer New Moon & Partial Solar Eclipse
- • Friday 13th July New Moon - Sirius Isis Alignment
- June (9)
- • Enjoying The Blessings Of The Upcoming Capricorn Full Moon
- • Full Moon Update 6-27-18
- • Lunar Eclipse 27 July 2018 - Blood Moon
- • Full Moon 28 June 2018 - Break Free
- • New Moon Update 6-13-18
- • The Spiritual Powers Of The Gemini New Moon Energy Field
- • New Moon in Gemini, June 13th, 2018 ~ Quantum Shifts in Consciousness
- • New Moon 13 June 2018 - Lucky Stars
- • The Meaning Of The Moon Phase Of Your Birthday
- May (6)
- April (10)
- • The Full Moon in Scorpio and Relationships
- • Full Moon in Scorpio, April 30, 2018 - Exhumed
- • Full Moon Update 4-29-18
- • The Spiritual Influence The Full Moon In Scorpio Will Bring
- • Full Moon 29 April 2018 - Final Success
- • The New Moon In Aries Conjunct Uranus In Relationships
- • New Moon Update 4-15-18
- • New Moon in Aries, April 15, 2018 ~ A Catalyst for Change
- • The Spiritual Influence The Upcoming Aries New Moon Is Providing
- • New Moon 15 April 2018 - A New Day
- March (8)
- • Full Moon Update 3-31-18
- • How The Libra Full Moon Energies Are Influencing Our Life
- • Blue Moon 31 March 2018 – Full Moon Blues
- • Some Brief Notes On The New Moon In Pisces
- • New Moon Update 3-17-18
- • The Spiritual Influence Of The Pisces New Moon Energies
- • New Moon 17 March 2018 - Sexual Healing
- • Tonight Is The Full Crow Moon In Virgo - Get Ready For A Major Energy Shift!
- February (6)
- January (8)
- • Blood Super Moon Lunar Eclipse 31.1.18
- • 31st Jan 2018: Lunar Eclipse in Leo
- • Full Moon Update 1-31-18
- • The Spiritual Influence This Leo Full Moon And Lunar Eclipse Have On Us
- • Lunar Eclipse 31 January 2018 - Super Woman
- • New Moon in Capricorn - Onwards!
- • New Moon in Capricorn, January 16/17, 2018 ~ Becoming Masters of New Earth
- • Understanding The Energies Field Of The Capricorn New Moon
- 2017 (1)
- March (1)
- 2015 (1)
- 2014 (4)
- November (1)
- October (2)
- April (1)
- 2013 (1)
- September (1)
- 2012 (1)
- July (1)