Category: Moon Cycles Written by Jamie Partridge Hits: 1585
The full moon on Saturday December 22, 2018 at 0° Cancer makes a helpful aspect to Uranus. So the Full Moon December 2018 astrology is about excitement, positive change and pleasant surprises. This is a welcome change to the last two moon phases that were both square Mars. The December 22 full moon sextile Uranus makes it easy to quickly change direction, away from the anger and hostility of recent weeks.
The December 2018 full moon joins the supergiant red star Betelgeuse in Orion, associated with great power, honor and wealth. So follow your intuition and be open-minded about any unexpected opportunities that arise. New people or even a new attitude could lead to pleasant surprises with your career, finances or love life this Christmas. Venus trine Neptune is another strong influence on the full moon and is a good omen for romance.
Full Moon Meaning
A full moon occurs when the Sun is opposite the Moon. This highlights opposing forces or polarities in your life such as your work versus home, or what you need versus what you want. Inner tension and external pressures can lead to personal conflict and crises that drain your energy. Your home, family and intimate relationships comes into sharper focus following a full moon.
The lunar qualities of emotions and instincts reach their peak at a full moon. Use you increased emotional strength and intuition to overcome any relationship challenges. Subconscious awareness allows for an impartial and balanced look at your personal relationships. You will clearly see any relationship dynamics or negative feelings causing disharmony.
A full moon has a relationship to the previous new moon. Your December 7 new moon goals can now be fine-tuned or completed, it is harvest time. You can make emotional adjustments in response to those new goals. Full moon November 2018 lasts for two weeks up to the 5 January 2019 Solar Eclipse.
Full Moon December 2018 Astrology
The December 22 full moon makes just one planetary aspect and it is a good one. Moon sextile Uranus brings stimulating personal encounters and exciting events. You will feel more open to change in your life and may actively seek it out. This is a good full moon for trying something new in your domestic routine or personal life. Your stronger than normal intuition can guide you in making quick decisions on which way to go. Follow your instincts and make the most of any opportunities that come your way.
This is a good full moon to find original ways of doing things because of your inquisitive and inventive nature. You might receive flashes of insight to solve lingering problems in an instant. Chance encounters can also provide valuable information. You are more likely to stumble upon some critical piece of information while surfing the net. Chance encounters may lead to instant attraction and new friendships.
Your mood may become changeable and somewhat odd. However, you should feel comfortable expressing a more unique side of your personality. The lowering of your inhibitions is what facilitates the change and excitement. Importantly, this also makes it easier to share your feelings with loved ones, especially after the anger and hostility or recent weeks. This is also a good full moon to break old habits and replace them with something new.
Full Moon in Orion
The closest fixed star the full moon December 2018 is Menkalinan in the left shoulder of Auriga the Charioteer. Betelgeuse is not as close but is a more significant influence. Overall, these fixed stars have a positive influence on the full moon.
Fixed star Menkalinan (00 10) is unhelpful when badly positioned. But the sextile to Uranus means it should have little effect and be overpowered Betelgeuse.
Fixed star Betelgeuse (29 01) is a supergiant red star in Orion the Hunter. Robson said it gives martial honor, preferment and wealth.  Noonan adds great fortune and ‘kingly’ attributes.  Moon conjunct Betelgeuse: Active mind, strong will, turbulent, rebellious under restraint, military success but suffering through quarrels with superiors, likelihood of great power, honor and wealth. 
Full Moon Romance
Venus trine Neptune is the strongest aspect in the full moon December 2018 astrology chart besides the full moon itself. It is exact only 24 hours before the full moon. Venus trine Neptune is perfect for romance, relaxation and daydreaming. Besides finding your ideal lover, you could put your hand to any creative project but especially singing.
Your love life will benefit from increased tenderness and compassion. While not particularly an indicator of steamy sex, this aspect encourages tender touch and smooching. Connecting to a companion at the spiritual level is more important, though tantric sex would be most enjoyable.
The December 2018 full moon is the last moon phase in the current eclipse phase which began with the July 2018 Blood Moon Lunar Eclipse. It is a good time to look back over the last five months to check how well you have progressed with your personal goals. That lunar eclipse was at 4° Aquarius. You can look back to the August 2018 solar eclipse at 18° Leo which might apply more to your professional goals.
If the Full Moon December 2018 astrology chart directly impacts your horoscope decan you can read about it in your monthly horoscope. For more detail about how it affects your natal chart see full moon transits.
Previous Moon Phase: New Moon 7 December 2018
Next Moon Phase: Solar Eclipse 5 January 2019
Full Moon December 2018 Times and Dates
- Los Angeles – 22 December, 9:48 am
- New York – 22 December, 12:48 pm
- London – 22 December, 5:48 pm
- Delhi – 22 December, 11:18 pm
- Sydney – 22 December, 4:48 am
- Fixed Stars and Constellations in Astrology, Vivian E. Robson, 1923, p.147.
- Fixed Stars and Judicial Astrology, George Noonan, 1990, p.59.
My name is Jamie Partridge and I live on the coast of NSW Australia with three amazing kids. I’ve had an interesting life so far, with varied occupations ranging from nursing assistant to farm hand.
ॐ Namasté - Blessings!
© 2008-2018 crystalwind.ca. All rights reserved.
Archive: Moon Cycles
- 2019 (5)
- 2018 (95)
- December (6)
- November (6)
- October (7)
- • New Moon 7 November 2018 - Say Sorry and Move On
- • Full Moon Update 10-24-18
- • The Spiritual Influence The Full Moon In Taurus Will Bring
- • Full Moon 24 October 2018 - Unexpected Love
- • New Moon Update 10-8-18
- • The Spiritual Influence The Upcoming Libra New Moon Is Providing
- • New Moon 8 October 2018 - Transformation
- September (9)
- • The Full Moon in Aries - in Relationships
- • Equinox - Aries Full Moon Update
- • The Spiritual Impact The Aries Full Moon Is Promising
- • Full Moon 24 September 2018 - Overcome Your Fears
- • New Moon Update 9-9-18
- • 9th September 2018: New Moon in Virgo
- • The New Moon in Virgo on Sept 9th in Relationships
- • New Moon 9 September 2018 - Opportunity and Success
- • The Spiritual Influence Of The Virgo New Moon Energies
- August (5)
- July (9)
- • Teachings From The Aquarius Full Moon For The Golden Age Of Aquarius
- • Full Moon Eclipse Update 7-27-18
- • The Spiritual Impact Of The Aquarius Full Moon And Total Lunar Eclipse
- • Full Moon Lunar Eclipse in Aquarius, July 27, 2018 ~ Conscious Release
- • This Capricorn Full Moon Helps To Calm Rattled Nerves
- • Moon Names
- • New Moon Update 7-12-18
- • The Spiritual Powers Of The Cancer New Moon & Partial Solar Eclipse
- • Friday 13th July New Moon - Sirius Isis Alignment
- June (9)
- • Enjoying The Blessings Of The Upcoming Capricorn Full Moon
- • Full Moon Update 6-27-18
- • Lunar Eclipse 27 July 2018 - Blood Moon
- • Full Moon 28 June 2018 - Break Free
- • New Moon Update 6-13-18
- • The Spiritual Powers Of The Gemini New Moon Energy Field
- • New Moon in Gemini, June 13th, 2018 ~ Quantum Shifts in Consciousness
- • New Moon 13 June 2018 - Lucky Stars
- • The Meaning Of The Moon Phase Of Your Birthday
- May (6)
- April (10)
- • The Full Moon in Scorpio and Relationships
- • Full Moon in Scorpio, April 30, 2018 - Exhumed
- • Full Moon Update 4-29-18
- • The Spiritual Influence The Full Moon In Scorpio Will Bring
- • Full Moon 29 April 2018 - Final Success
- • The New Moon In Aries Conjunct Uranus In Relationships
- • New Moon Update 4-15-18
- • New Moon in Aries, April 15, 2018 ~ A Catalyst for Change
- • The Spiritual Influence The Upcoming Aries New Moon Is Providing
- • New Moon 15 April 2018 - A New Day
- March (8)
- • Full Moon Update 3-31-18
- • How The Libra Full Moon Energies Are Influencing Our Life
- • Blue Moon 31 March 2018 – Full Moon Blues
- • Some Brief Notes On The New Moon In Pisces
- • New Moon Update 3-17-18
- • The Spiritual Influence Of The Pisces New Moon Energies
- • New Moon 17 March 2018 - Sexual Healing
- • Tonight Is The Full Crow Moon In Virgo - Get Ready For A Major Energy Shift!
- February (7)
- • Full Moon Update 3-1-18
- • The Spiritual Influence The Upcoming Virgo Full Moon Is Promising
- • Full Moon 1 March 2018 – Detoxify
- • The Spiritual Impact Of The Aquarius New Moon And Solar Eclipse
- • New Moon Solar Eclipse in Aquarius, February 15, 2018
- • New Moon/Solar Eclipse Update 2-15-18
- • New Moon Eclipse in Aquarius: The Path Ahead
- January (13)
- • Blood Super Moon Lunar Eclipse 31.1.18
- • The January 2018 “Super Blue Blood Moon” and the Leo/Aquarius axis
- • 31st Jan 2018: Lunar Eclipse in Leo
- • Full Moon Update 1-31-18
- • The Spiritual Influence This Leo Full Moon And Lunar Eclipse Have On Us
- • Lunar Eclipse 31 January 2018 - Super Woman
- • New Moon in Capricorn - Onwards!
- • New Moon in Capricorn, January 16/17, 2018 ~ Becoming Masters of New Earth
- • Understanding The Energies Field Of The Capricorn New Moon
- • New Moon Update 1-16-18
- • New Moon January 2018 - Flames of Love
- • Tonight Is The First (and Largest) Super Full Moon Of 2018 - Get Ready For An Energetic Bang!
- • A Cancerian Supermoon for the New Year
- 2017 (1)
- March (1)
- 2015 (1)
- 2014 (4)
- November (1)
- October (2)
- April (1)
- 2013 (1)
- September (1)
- 2012 (1)
- July (1)