Category: Moon Cycles Written by Jamie Partridge Hits: 1211
The full moon on Monday September 24, 2018 is at 2° Aries. The Full Moon September 2018 astrology has a heavy Saturn feel to it. The full moon is on a Saturn-like star associated with inhibition and restraint. The full moon square Saturn has a restricting and depressing influence on your feelings and relationships. Chiron conjunct the full moon links your fears to a deep wound in your soul related to your childhood memories.
The September 2018 full moon also offers solutions to these problems. Positive energy from Mars and Uranus give the courage and opportunities to overcome the obstacles in your life and your fears. Whether it be a fear of loneliness, intimacy, change or success, full moon September 2018 will help you overcome your fears and inhibitions.
Full Moon Meaning
A full moon occurs when the Sun is opposite the Moon. This highlights opposing forces or polarities in your life such as your work versus home, or what you need versus what you want. Inner tension and external pressures can lead to personal conflict and crises that drain your energy. Your home, family and intimate relationships comes into sharper focus following a full moon.
The lunar qualities of emotions and instincts reach their peak at a full moon. Use you increased emotional strength and intuition to overcome any relationship challenges. Subconscious awareness allows for an impartial and balanced look at your personal relationships. You will clearly see any relationship dynamics or negative feelings causing disharmony.
A full moon has a relationship to the previous new moon. Your September 9 new moon goals can now be fine-tuned or completed, it is harvest time. You can make emotional adjustments in response to those new goals. The full moon effect lasts for two weeks up to the October 8 new moon.
Full Moon September 2018 Astrology
The September 24 full moon at 01°59′ Aries is definitely a challenging moon phase because it is square Saturn by less than one degree. Being a full moon, both Sun and Moon are square Saturn which creates a T-square aspect pattern. In the chart below, the T-square is the red triangle. The full moon conjunct Chiron and opposite Mercury complicates the restrictions created by this Saturn T-square. Furthermore, the full moon joins a difficult fixed star that acts like Saturn.
While Saturn square the Sun, Moon, Mercury and Chiron brings a multitude of potential problems, there are a number of positive blue aspects in the chart. First of all, Mars gives the strength and courage to overcome adversity. Another positive influence comes from Uranus which helps break through barriers and overcome inhibitions.
Full Moon Problems
Saturn is the main source of concern in the full moon horoscope. This is because it is the focal point of a T-square aspect pattern. This is a very tense and challenging aspect pattern which takes some work to master. Eventually, a series of crises, test and challenges, will perfect the skills necessary to overcome the inherent obstacles, frustration and conflict of the squares and opposition. The honing of the necessary life skills, together with learning to relate to others at the emotional level, can lead to the determination, fortitude and the life-experience necessary for great achievements and success.
The dynamic of the T-square will manifest as, a very subjective need to follow, with great determination, what makes the person feel emotionally secure. The conflict will be manifesting as a need to relate emotionally in a very spiritual way while maintaining all the security structures around the self. The need to share oneself completely, with another, without denying personal self-gratification, will be challenged, as it is very difficult to be generous and selfish, at the same time.
Moon opposite Mercury can scramble your thinking and make you very opinionated. One moment you may be overly analytic, then over emotional and irrational the next. You may have difficulty making sense of everyday problems. Emotional bias or a lack of understanding may lead to arguments. Problems caused by addiction, racism or prejudice can also have a negative impact on your thought processes. This aspect can make nervous problems and anxiety more noticeable.
Moon conjunct Chiron brings emotional pain but also healing. Due to the Saturn T-square, however, the wounding side of Chiron will be more in focus. Full moon September 2018 will bring to the surface painful memories from your childhood. You will probably feel more vulnerable and sensitive as you remember mistreatment by parents or grandparents. Moon conjunct Chiron suggests a deep wound in your soul associated with maternal issues. However, Chiron opposite Sun and square Saturn suggests father issues as well. How childhood trauma affects your current intimate relationships will become clearer.
Moon square Saturn is the most significant and most challenging of the full moon aspects. It will have a restricting and depressing influence on your feelings and relationships. As a result, connecting to other people in any meaningful way will likely be more difficult. Sadness, loneliness, guilt and shame are possible as you remember past relationship failures, loss and grief. Bitterness or low self-esteem may hold you back from sharing your emotions. Other people or circumstances can also cause distance in relationships or feelings of isolation.
Blaming others for a bad mood will only make matters worse and could put a cherished relationship at risk. Unhealthy or codependent relationships involving abuse or addiction may end. Even apparently normal relationships can suffer from emotional coldness, nagging or bullying. Full moon September 2018 could be especially challenging is you are prone to suffering depression. If you have Sun, Moon or Ascendant from 0 to 4 degrees of the Cardinal Signs (Aries, Cancer, Libra, Capricorn), you should also take care of your mental health, especially if you are already going through a rough patch.
Mercury square Saturn increases the likelihood of negative thinking and misunderstandings. Communication your thoughts and making plans will be more difficult. A lack of clarity and attention to detail means you should take extra care with important negotiations, business and legal matters. Distance or separation in close relationships are other possible issues. Furthermore, gloomy thoughts, bad news or loneliness may have a negative effect on your mental well-being.
Fixed star Problems
Moon conjunct fixed star Deneb Kaitos at 02°50′ Aries gives a pioneering spirit but can make you reckless and headstrong. This may result in disagreements, arguments and conflict. In general, this orange star in the tail of constellation Cetus the Whale, or Sea Monster, causes self-destruction by brute force, sickness, disgrace, misfortune and compulsory change. It is associated with inhibitions and restraint in every way, psychologically and physically.
Full Moon Solutions
Moon sextile Mars gives the passion and enthusiasm needed to overcome the restraint and inhibition from Saturn and the fixed star. It gives the warmth and sexual attraction to overcome fears of intimacy or rejection. The competitive yet cooperative nature to this aspect will also help avoid Mercury misunderstandings and arguments. It means you can express yourself with more confidence. Most of all though, it gives the drive, initiative and courage to overcome whatever tests and challenges this full moon represents for you.
Saturn trine Uranus encourages you to make positive changes instead of putting up with limiting conditions. It brings unexpected opportunities to break free of restriction, to leave unhealthy relationships and be yourself. It helps overcome fear of change because this is a transition phase in your life. You will stay calm and patient, planning every step methodically, instead of having to react to abrupt change. Above all, Uranus gives the electric spark and urge for freedom that will help you overcome your fears and find a new, exciting way forward.
Finally, Sun quincunx Uranus can make you nervous, tense and anxious. You will find it hard to settle and relax as your intuition sensing impending change. A build up of energy in your system can feel exciting but also a little scary. However, it is this buildup of nervous energy that will force you to seek more freedom and creative self-expression. Someone or something may force you to change your routine, behavior or plans.
It is important to stay flexible and adapt to changing conditions. Try to go with the flow and fit in. Doing something a slightly different way could make all the difference, making life easier for yourself and those around you. However, do not go too far or be too daring, otherwise you may have to start all over again.
If the Full Moon September 2018 astrology chart directly impacts your horoscope decan you can read about it in your monthly horoscope. For more detail about how it affects your natal chart see full moon transits.
Previous Moon Phase: New Moon 9 September 2018
Next Moon Phase: New Moon 8 October 2018
Full Moon September 2018 Times and Dates
- Los Angeles – September 24, 9:52 pm
- New York – September 24, 10:52 pm
- London – September 25, 3:52 am
- Delhi – September 25, 8:22 am
- Sydney – September 25, 12:52 pm
- Major Configurations, Elida Natalia Marchison, 1995
- Fixed Stars and Constellations in Astrology, Vivian E. Robson, 1923, p.185.
- Fixed Stars and Their Interpretation, Elsbeth Ebertin, 1971, p.1.
My name is Jamie Partridge and I live on the coast of NSW Australia with three amazing kids. I’ve had an interesting life so far, with varied occupations ranging from nursing assistant to farm hand.
ॐ Namasté - Blessings!
© 2008-2018 crystalwind.ca. All rights reserved.
Current Moon Cycles Videos
Archive: Moon Cycles
- 2019 (7)
- January (7)
- • Full Moon Update 1-20-19
- • The Spiritual Impact The Leo Full Moon And Total Lunar Eclipse Are Bringing
- • Lunar Eclipse 21 January 2019 - Change and Opportunity
- • The Spiritual Impact Of The New Moon in Capricorn With Solar Eclipse
- • The Partial Solar Eclipse On Jan 5th/6th - In Relationships!
- • Solar Eclipse 5 January 2019 - Big Business
- • New Moon/Eclipse Update 1-5-19
- January (7)
- 2018 (95)
- December (6)
- November (6)
- October (7)
- • New Moon 7 November 2018 - Say Sorry and Move On
- • Full Moon Update 10-24-18
- • The Spiritual Influence The Full Moon In Taurus Will Bring
- • Full Moon 24 October 2018 - Unexpected Love
- • New Moon Update 10-8-18
- • The Spiritual Influence The Upcoming Libra New Moon Is Providing
- • New Moon 8 October 2018 - Transformation
- September (9)
- • The Full Moon in Aries - in Relationships
- • Equinox - Aries Full Moon Update
- • The Spiritual Impact The Aries Full Moon Is Promising
- • Full Moon 24 September 2018 - Overcome Your Fears
- • New Moon Update 9-9-18
- • 9th September 2018: New Moon in Virgo
- • The New Moon in Virgo on Sept 9th in Relationships
- • New Moon 9 September 2018 - Opportunity and Success
- • The Spiritual Influence Of The Virgo New Moon Energies
- August (5)
- July (9)
- • Teachings From The Aquarius Full Moon For The Golden Age Of Aquarius
- • Full Moon Eclipse Update 7-27-18
- • The Spiritual Impact Of The Aquarius Full Moon And Total Lunar Eclipse
- • Full Moon Lunar Eclipse in Aquarius, July 27, 2018 ~ Conscious Release
- • This Capricorn Full Moon Helps To Calm Rattled Nerves
- • Moon Names
- • New Moon Update 7-12-18
- • The Spiritual Powers Of The Cancer New Moon & Partial Solar Eclipse
- • Friday 13th July New Moon - Sirius Isis Alignment
- June (9)
- • Enjoying The Blessings Of The Upcoming Capricorn Full Moon
- • Full Moon Update 6-27-18
- • Lunar Eclipse 27 July 2018 - Blood Moon
- • Full Moon 28 June 2018 - Break Free
- • New Moon Update 6-13-18
- • The Spiritual Powers Of The Gemini New Moon Energy Field
- • New Moon in Gemini, June 13th, 2018 ~ Quantum Shifts in Consciousness
- • New Moon 13 June 2018 - Lucky Stars
- • The Meaning Of The Moon Phase Of Your Birthday
- May (6)
- April (10)
- • The Full Moon in Scorpio and Relationships
- • Full Moon in Scorpio, April 30, 2018 - Exhumed
- • Full Moon Update 4-29-18
- • The Spiritual Influence The Full Moon In Scorpio Will Bring
- • Full Moon 29 April 2018 - Final Success
- • The New Moon In Aries Conjunct Uranus In Relationships
- • New Moon Update 4-15-18
- • New Moon in Aries, April 15, 2018 ~ A Catalyst for Change
- • The Spiritual Influence The Upcoming Aries New Moon Is Providing
- • New Moon 15 April 2018 - A New Day
- March (8)
- • Full Moon Update 3-31-18
- • How The Libra Full Moon Energies Are Influencing Our Life
- • Blue Moon 31 March 2018 – Full Moon Blues
- • Some Brief Notes On The New Moon In Pisces
- • New Moon Update 3-17-18
- • The Spiritual Influence Of The Pisces New Moon Energies
- • New Moon 17 March 2018 - Sexual Healing
- • Tonight Is The Full Crow Moon In Virgo - Get Ready For A Major Energy Shift!
- February (7)
- • Full Moon Update 3-1-18
- • The Spiritual Influence The Upcoming Virgo Full Moon Is Promising
- • Full Moon 1 March 2018 – Detoxify
- • The Spiritual Impact Of The Aquarius New Moon And Solar Eclipse
- • New Moon Solar Eclipse in Aquarius, February 15, 2018
- • New Moon/Solar Eclipse Update 2-15-18
- • New Moon Eclipse in Aquarius: The Path Ahead
- January (13)
- • Blood Super Moon Lunar Eclipse 31.1.18
- • The January 2018 “Super Blue Blood Moon” and the Leo/Aquarius axis
- • 31st Jan 2018: Lunar Eclipse in Leo
- • Full Moon Update 1-31-18
- • The Spiritual Influence This Leo Full Moon And Lunar Eclipse Have On Us
- • Lunar Eclipse 31 January 2018 - Super Woman
- • New Moon in Capricorn - Onwards!
- • New Moon in Capricorn, January 16/17, 2018 ~ Becoming Masters of New Earth
- • Understanding The Energies Field Of The Capricorn New Moon
- • New Moon Update 1-16-18
- • New Moon January 2018 - Flames of Love
- • Tonight Is The First (and Largest) Super Full Moon Of 2018 - Get Ready For An Energetic Bang!
- • A Cancerian Supermoon for the New Year
- 2017 (1)
- March (1)
- 2015 (1)
- 2014 (4)
- November (1)
- October (2)
- April (1)
- 2013 (1)
- September (1)
- 2012 (1)
- July (1)