Category: Moon Cycles Hits: 1931
In the words of either Finley Dunne, Banksy or Cesar A. Cruz (the paternity of the quote is still very much debated), art should “comfort the disturbed and disturb the comfortable”.
If so, we could definitely go as far as to say that Scorpio’s ferocious, visceral brand of transmutation is surely an art in its own right.
“Comfortable” is a word that doesn’t exist in the scorpion’s vocabulary. “Death”, “agony” and “catharsis” do.
Whereas Libra is the neutral, diplomatic terrain of compromise, where two Souls meet halfway, Scorpio is the bottomless pit, the dark corridors, the kingdom of Hades. Few want to venture there; but those who do, always come back with a surplus of power and resilience that could rip the whole Universe open.
It’s hard to imagine a less welcoming place for soft, dainty Luna (the Moon is considered to be in her fall here), because Scorpio is not protective, or soothing. Like, at all.
It can be warm and enveloping, yes, in the same way the voracious mouth of a predator can be. And, in the same way, it’s much more likely to swallow us whole than to shelter us.
But what happens to food, once it’s digested? To flesh, once it has decomposed?
Scorpio may not be reassuring or comforting, but it brings us into the world anew.
Scorpio strips us of our security blankets, throws us to the lions, forges us in fire. Rearranges us. Repurposes us – our darkness, our fears, our survival tactics. Tough, devouring love.
On April 30, at 0:58 AM UTC, the Moon in her fullness at 9 degrees Scorpio trades the softness of her safe haven for the thrill of the unknown.
Full Moons expose, accelerate, illuminate, push us to the brink, so expect this one in particular to shine a torch into the darkest pit, pushing unspoken feelings, hidden agendas and the overall subtext of our current reality, to the surface, in a long overdue epiphany.
Nowhere to hide, no use in backing away – the silvery, piercing gaze of this gorgonic Moon sees through us, her square to the Nodal Axis indicating a powerful crossroad along the path that must be walked through if we’re to reach the other side and resurrect from our own ashes. Something dies, something else begins anew. There will be loss. There will be gain. We can’t have one without the other. Not under a Full Moon like this.
Thus, the least we can do is embrace it all. Stepping into the flames, diving unabashedly into the deep end, accepting the fears, the shadow and the hunger brought up by this turning point without getting sucked in. Facing the truth, and accepting to be liberated by our own emotional burdens.
With both rulers of this Moon (Mars and retrograde Pluto) conjoined in stoic Capricorn, our agency plays a pivotal role: we might be asked to hammer the final nail in the coffin, to actively disengage from an outdated scenario, to wisely harness our raw power through our own process of resurrection – but we will need to show up and take a stand.
Wholeheartedly, courageously, and without looking back.
Scorpio wouldn’t have it any other way.
Painting by Helena Nelson-Reed – helenanelsonreed.com
Cristina Zodiac Poetry
My name is Cristina, but you might remember me as Aeterna - the alias I used back when this site was called Aeternalight Astrology. I'm an Astrologer based in Italy, with a MA in Cultural Anthropology and a passion for music, Nature and Art.
ReBlogged With Permisson From Cristina/Aeterna on www.crystalwind.caSource
ॐ Namasté - Blessings!
© 2008-2018 crystalwind.ca. All rights reserved.
Archive: Moon Cycles
- 2019 (5)
- 2018 (95)
- December (6)
- November (6)
- October (7)
- • New Moon 7 November 2018 - Say Sorry and Move On
- • Full Moon Update 10-24-18
- • The Spiritual Influence The Full Moon In Taurus Will Bring
- • Full Moon 24 October 2018 - Unexpected Love
- • New Moon Update 10-8-18
- • The Spiritual Influence The Upcoming Libra New Moon Is Providing
- • New Moon 8 October 2018 - Transformation
- September (9)
- • The Full Moon in Aries - in Relationships
- • Equinox - Aries Full Moon Update
- • The Spiritual Impact The Aries Full Moon Is Promising
- • Full Moon 24 September 2018 - Overcome Your Fears
- • New Moon Update 9-9-18
- • 9th September 2018: New Moon in Virgo
- • The New Moon in Virgo on Sept 9th in Relationships
- • New Moon 9 September 2018 - Opportunity and Success
- • The Spiritual Influence Of The Virgo New Moon Energies
- August (5)
- July (9)
- • Teachings From The Aquarius Full Moon For The Golden Age Of Aquarius
- • Full Moon Eclipse Update 7-27-18
- • The Spiritual Impact Of The Aquarius Full Moon And Total Lunar Eclipse
- • Full Moon Lunar Eclipse in Aquarius, July 27, 2018 ~ Conscious Release
- • This Capricorn Full Moon Helps To Calm Rattled Nerves
- • Moon Names
- • New Moon Update 7-12-18
- • The Spiritual Powers Of The Cancer New Moon & Partial Solar Eclipse
- • Friday 13th July New Moon - Sirius Isis Alignment
- June (9)
- • Enjoying The Blessings Of The Upcoming Capricorn Full Moon
- • Full Moon Update 6-27-18
- • Lunar Eclipse 27 July 2018 - Blood Moon
- • Full Moon 28 June 2018 - Break Free
- • New Moon Update 6-13-18
- • The Spiritual Powers Of The Gemini New Moon Energy Field
- • New Moon in Gemini, June 13th, 2018 ~ Quantum Shifts in Consciousness
- • New Moon 13 June 2018 - Lucky Stars
- • The Meaning Of The Moon Phase Of Your Birthday
- May (6)
- April (10)
- • The Full Moon in Scorpio and Relationships
- • Full Moon in Scorpio, April 30, 2018 - Exhumed
- • Full Moon Update 4-29-18
- • The Spiritual Influence The Full Moon In Scorpio Will Bring
- • Full Moon 29 April 2018 - Final Success
- • The New Moon In Aries Conjunct Uranus In Relationships
- • New Moon Update 4-15-18
- • New Moon in Aries, April 15, 2018 ~ A Catalyst for Change
- • The Spiritual Influence The Upcoming Aries New Moon Is Providing
- • New Moon 15 April 2018 - A New Day
- March (8)
- • Full Moon Update 3-31-18
- • How The Libra Full Moon Energies Are Influencing Our Life
- • Blue Moon 31 March 2018 – Full Moon Blues
- • Some Brief Notes On The New Moon In Pisces
- • New Moon Update 3-17-18
- • The Spiritual Influence Of The Pisces New Moon Energies
- • New Moon 17 March 2018 - Sexual Healing
- • Tonight Is The Full Crow Moon In Virgo - Get Ready For A Major Energy Shift!
- February (7)
- • Full Moon Update 3-1-18
- • The Spiritual Influence The Upcoming Virgo Full Moon Is Promising
- • Full Moon 1 March 2018 – Detoxify
- • The Spiritual Impact Of The Aquarius New Moon And Solar Eclipse
- • New Moon Solar Eclipse in Aquarius, February 15, 2018
- • New Moon/Solar Eclipse Update 2-15-18
- • New Moon Eclipse in Aquarius: The Path Ahead
- January (13)
- • Blood Super Moon Lunar Eclipse 31.1.18
- • The January 2018 “Super Blue Blood Moon” and the Leo/Aquarius axis
- • 31st Jan 2018: Lunar Eclipse in Leo
- • Full Moon Update 1-31-18
- • The Spiritual Influence This Leo Full Moon And Lunar Eclipse Have On Us
- • Lunar Eclipse 31 January 2018 - Super Woman
- • New Moon in Capricorn - Onwards!
- • New Moon in Capricorn, January 16/17, 2018 ~ Becoming Masters of New Earth
- • Understanding The Energies Field Of The Capricorn New Moon
- • New Moon Update 1-16-18
- • New Moon January 2018 - Flames of Love
- • Tonight Is The First (and Largest) Super Full Moon Of 2018 - Get Ready For An Energetic Bang!
- • A Cancerian Supermoon for the New Year
- 2017 (1)
- March (1)
- 2015 (1)
- 2014 (4)
- November (1)
- October (2)
- April (1)
- 2013 (1)
- September (1)
- 2012 (1)
- July (1)