Category: Moon Cycles Hits: 2384
Full Moon is Thursday, March 1 at 5:51 PM Mountain Standard Time (MST).
We start the month off with a full moon that invites us to dream, refine, balance, and take practical action in the direction of those dreams. This full moon sets the tone for the month promising creativity, inspiration, movement, new ideas and emotional healing as long as there is a willingness to be flexible, adaptable and teachable. We’ve gotten a bit used to feeling grumpy and expecting others to be grumpy too. This pattern can change with a focus to improve attitudes and expectations. How do you want your month to be? What seems to be in the way of you simply enjoying life? You will find that it is usually your own attitudes that get you into trouble.
So spend some time this full moon in gratitude for life as well as telling the truth about what needs refinement right about now. Maybe there is a small improvement you can make in your environment? In the area of relationships, don’t be afraid to take an emotional risk, making a choice from the heart. The field of enjoyment and satisfaction should be the one you work with during this full moon as it will set the pattern for your experience of this next month. Do something creative and out of the ordinary to open the possibilities for something new to come into your life. Leave some space for spontaneity and do something fun!
Virgo Full Moon
Sun in Pisces ~ Moon in Virgo 11º
Thursday, March 1, 5:51 PM Mountain Standard Time
(Wed. March 2, 12:51 AM Greenwich Mean Time)
Let yourself be called into the watery realms of this Pisces/Virgo window. Pisces is calling you to the dream state. Juno, Sun, Neptune, Mercury, Venus and Chiron are all gathered in Pisces with the Virgo Full Moon opposing the Sun to balance that poetic, dreamy state of Pisces with some practical, earth bound wisdom. The Pisces-Virgo Axis is one of service, balancing giving and receiving, being and doing. Virgo helps us adapt to new circumstances whether they are new expansions or new limitations. Virgo is the Queen of analyzing the current environment or resources, and bringing to bear her keen discrimination of what needs to be eliminated and streamlined to refine and bring order and efficiency into her office, home, schedule, wardrobe, life.
Virgo brings to our awareness the sacred balance of body/mind/spirit. She, in her feminine earthiness, can inspire you to shift your health habits and your thinking about healing in a quantum way refining and focusing your self-healing and self-renewal abilities. At Virgo Moon you can show deep respect for your miraculous body with movement, dance, yoga, stretching, working out as a prayer to its magnificent service to you.
Call on your Virgo Queen to bring all your disparate parts into working order, to reorganize your health and diet habits as well as your work, day-to-day routines, the clutter that keeps you from being efficient and orderly and on your game. So what if Virgo is a bit overly fastidious, detailed and just can’t help setting the bar high, use it at this Moon to regroup and get organized. You will feel so good about your accomplishments in the material plane.
With so much planetary emphasis on Pisces, Virgo is going to have a time of it, pushing us out of our dreamlike frame of mind where we are occupied with letting our desire nature move us into union with the ethereal realms. What we want is dissolving all boundaries like the ocean, merging with the soup of consciousness and letting our batteries run on intuition and imagination. We’re busy creating our own internal movies and creating the new outcomes we want to experience in the material world. Creating on the material plane with the water element requires first envisioning and then infusing our vision with strong feeling and emotion. Pisces is so sensitive, empathetic, and imaginative that she is supremely capable of creating outcomes on the material plane via the astral and does not relish being disturbed during her reverie, while deeply immersed within her artistic expression or when calling up her powerful healing abilities. Pisces helps us surrender our attachment to the physical plane so we can better access our soul’s intention and guidance from the invisible world.
Virgo at one end of the axis is about the details of life, that mental capacity to preconceive outcomes and consequences. Virgo is about the harvest, reaping what you have sown, and that one who counts the stores and parses out the resources so there will be enough to get through the winter/lean times thus preserving the community. Neutral Mercury now in Pisces rules the Virgo Full Moon with Mercury and Venus conjunct.
Jupiter, in water sign Scorpio, is trining Mercury/Venus. We are lent support to go deep and willingness to release what has been unconscious and holding us in separation from our artistic musings, from deeper acceptance of the unique and powerful soul we are. If your mind and head talk are holding you at arms length from self acceptance of all that you are, take up Jupiter’s offer to free you from the psychological skeletons that you are dragging into the arena of new opportunities. With so much Piscean support, Mercury can help you surrender mentally and use your feminine, water nature to guide you into union with that which is greater than self. One teaching indigenous people embody and share in their rituals and daily lives is the ability to turn over guilt, burdens and sufferings to higher power ~ a profound and simple act that western cultures seem to lack and therefore, unnecessarily carry physical, mental and emotional loads in their daily lives. Use this Full Moon to surrender your heart, your mind, your burdens to Great Spirit, Mother Earth, Father Sky. Your task is not guilt or suffering, but gratitude.
Neptune is well placed in Pisces in its own sign from 2011-2025, FYI. We haven’t experienced ruler Neptune in its own sign of Pisces for 165 years. Oil is a big theme under Neptune rulership, but so are the oceans that I sincerely hope we can clean up in our remaining eight years. Oil wells were first drilled in the USA when Neptune was last in Pisces and now we are developing alternatives to the oil industry. The huge Deep Water Horizon B P oil spill in the Caribbean took place within months of Neptune entering Pisces. The film industry is also ruled by Neptune with its glamour, illusion and escapism it mirrors Neptune’s underbelly perfectly. Beware the negative pole of Pisces that is addiction, self-deception, denial and self-undoing. Also, ‘Spiritualism’ became popular in the 1860’s in the previous cycle where speaking to the dead through a medium thinned the veils separating this reality from the invisible world (even President Lincoln participated in séances at the White House after the death of his beloved child), and in the current cycle, a significant part of the population is experiencing spiritual awaking and understanding of themselves as spiritual consciousness. Pisces is considered the most spiritual of the signs endowed with compassionate love, forgiveness and the capacity to merge with the divine.
There is just one day of the year when the Sun conjuncts slow-moving Neptune (March 4) and it’s exact just four days after this Full Moon. The Sun will amplify contact with our inner and mystical guidance, as well as amplification of the dream state, and watery and creative conditions we have been experiencing since the mid February solar eclipse when Venus, Mercury, and the Sun started moving into Pisces with Neptune and Chiron. A magical boundary-less time diminishing on March 6 as Mercury and Venus move into Aries together, and we begin preparing for the energized movement of Equinox and the fiery, masculine qualities of Aries on March 20.
The following are in Mountain Daylight Time (MDT):
- 03/11 Daylight Savings Time Begins (USA)
- 03/17 Pisces New Moon 27º 7:12 AM MST
- 03/20 Equinox Sun enters Aries 10:15 AM MST
- 03/22 Mercury retrograde 17º Aries until 4/15
- 03/31 Libra Full Moon 11º 6:36 AM MST
Lena is an internationally known teacher and shamanic practitioner. She apprenticed for 10 years with a Huichol Shaman from Mexico and has studied cross cultural shamanic healing from numerous traditions including the Amazon basin, Native American, Northern European and Siberian. Lena has taught and worked with individuals, groups, businesses and communities for the past 25 years, helping to bring shamanic nature based wisdom back into people's lives. One of her specialities is the woven song tradition of the Shipibo tribe in the Peruvian Amazon, the singing of Icaros or healing songs. The individual healing work with these energy patterns through song and other shamanic techniques has had a powerful impact on her clients. Lena is the co-author of the "Secrets of Shamanism, How to Tap the Spirit Power Within" and a contributor to "The Power Path". Along with husband and partner Jose, she is the co-founder and one of the primary instructors of Power Path Seminars and the School of Shamanism.
ॐ Namasté - Blessings!
© 2008-2018 crystalwind.ca. All rights reserved.
Current Moon Cycles Videos
Archive: Moon Cycles
- 2019 (19)
- March (6)
- February (5)
- January (8)
- • New Moon 4 February 2019 - Hope and Goodwill
- • Full Moon Update 1-20-19
- • The Spiritual Impact The Leo Full Moon And Total Lunar Eclipse Are Bringing
- • Lunar Eclipse 21 January 2019 - Change and Opportunity
- • The Spiritual Impact Of The New Moon in Capricorn With Solar Eclipse
- • The Partial Solar Eclipse On Jan 5th/6th - In Relationships!
- • Solar Eclipse 5 January 2019 - Big Business
- • New Moon/Eclipse Update 1-5-19
- 2018 (95)
- December (6)
- November (6)
- October (7)
- • New Moon 7 November 2018 - Say Sorry and Move On
- • Full Moon Update 10-24-18
- • The Spiritual Influence The Full Moon In Taurus Will Bring
- • Full Moon 24 October 2018 - Unexpected Love
- • New Moon Update 10-8-18
- • The Spiritual Influence The Upcoming Libra New Moon Is Providing
- • New Moon 8 October 2018 - Transformation
- September (9)
- • The Full Moon in Aries - in Relationships
- • Equinox - Aries Full Moon Update
- • The Spiritual Impact The Aries Full Moon Is Promising
- • Full Moon 24 September 2018 - Overcome Your Fears
- • New Moon Update 9-9-18
- • 9th September 2018: New Moon in Virgo
- • The New Moon in Virgo on Sept 9th in Relationships
- • New Moon 9 September 2018 - Opportunity and Success
- • The Spiritual Influence Of The Virgo New Moon Energies
- August (5)
- July (9)
- • Teachings From The Aquarius Full Moon For The Golden Age Of Aquarius
- • Full Moon Eclipse Update 7-27-18
- • The Spiritual Impact Of The Aquarius Full Moon And Total Lunar Eclipse
- • Full Moon Lunar Eclipse in Aquarius, July 27, 2018 ~ Conscious Release
- • This Capricorn Full Moon Helps To Calm Rattled Nerves
- • Moon Names
- • New Moon Update 7-12-18
- • The Spiritual Powers Of The Cancer New Moon & Partial Solar Eclipse
- • Friday 13th July New Moon - Sirius Isis Alignment
- June (9)
- • Enjoying The Blessings Of The Upcoming Capricorn Full Moon
- • Full Moon Update 6-27-18
- • Lunar Eclipse 27 July 2018 - Blood Moon
- • Full Moon 28 June 2018 - Break Free
- • New Moon Update 6-13-18
- • The Spiritual Powers Of The Gemini New Moon Energy Field
- • New Moon in Gemini, June 13th, 2018 ~ Quantum Shifts in Consciousness
- • New Moon 13 June 2018 - Lucky Stars
- • The Meaning Of The Moon Phase Of Your Birthday
- May (6)
- April (10)
- • The Full Moon in Scorpio and Relationships
- • Full Moon in Scorpio, April 30, 2018 - Exhumed
- • Full Moon Update 4-29-18
- • The Spiritual Influence The Full Moon In Scorpio Will Bring
- • Full Moon 29 April 2018 - Final Success
- • The New Moon In Aries Conjunct Uranus In Relationships
- • New Moon Update 4-15-18
- • New Moon in Aries, April 15, 2018 ~ A Catalyst for Change
- • The Spiritual Influence The Upcoming Aries New Moon Is Providing
- • New Moon 15 April 2018 - A New Day
- March (8)
- • Full Moon Update 3-31-18
- • How The Libra Full Moon Energies Are Influencing Our Life
- • Blue Moon 31 March 2018 – Full Moon Blues
- • Some Brief Notes On The New Moon In Pisces
- • New Moon Update 3-17-18
- • The Spiritual Influence Of The Pisces New Moon Energies
- • New Moon 17 March 2018 - Sexual Healing
- • Tonight Is The Full Crow Moon In Virgo - Get Ready For A Major Energy Shift!
- February (7)
- • Full Moon Update 3-1-18
- • The Spiritual Influence The Upcoming Virgo Full Moon Is Promising
- • Full Moon 1 March 2018 – Detoxify
- • The Spiritual Impact Of The Aquarius New Moon And Solar Eclipse
- • New Moon Solar Eclipse in Aquarius, February 15, 2018
- • New Moon/Solar Eclipse Update 2-15-18
- • New Moon Eclipse in Aquarius: The Path Ahead
- January (13)
- • Blood Super Moon Lunar Eclipse 31.1.18
- • The January 2018 “Super Blue Blood Moon” and the Leo/Aquarius axis
- • 31st Jan 2018: Lunar Eclipse in Leo
- • Full Moon Update 1-31-18
- • The Spiritual Influence This Leo Full Moon And Lunar Eclipse Have On Us
- • Lunar Eclipse 31 January 2018 - Super Woman
- • New Moon in Capricorn - Onwards!
- • New Moon in Capricorn, January 16/17, 2018 ~ Becoming Masters of New Earth
- • Understanding The Energies Field Of The Capricorn New Moon
- • New Moon Update 1-16-18
- • New Moon January 2018 - Flames of Love
- • Tonight Is The First (and Largest) Super Full Moon Of 2018 - Get Ready For An Energetic Bang!
- • A Cancerian Supermoon for the New Year
- 2017 (1)
- March (1)
- 2015 (1)
- 2014 (4)
- November (1)
- October (2)
- April (1)
- 2013 (1)
- September (1)
- 2012 (1)
- July (1)