Category: Moon Cycles Views: 1644
Full Moon is Saturday, March 31 at 6:37AM Mountain Daylight Time (MDT)
Being the second full moon of the month, this is another blue moon (we had one in January 2018). The theme for this moon is Balance. It is a good time to reflect on what is in balance and what feels out of balance. Practice gratitude and ask for support. Include prayers for all your relations as balance is sorely needed everywhere.
Spend some time during this moon reflecting on what needs balance in your life and then implement something to honor your commitment to include more balance in your life. The biggest one in our culture is usually the balance between being and doing, between the masculine and the feminine. This is a big theme these days and any focus you put on this issue in your own life will greatly benefit the whole as well. So where are you out of balance? Too much Doing? Too much Being? Too much negative Feminine (resentment, inertia, martyrdom, depression) or to much negative Masculine (anxiety, sleeplessness, overwork, aggression, anger, impatience)?
Look to nature for healing. Spend some time in nature and receive the healing and the imprint for good balance that nature can provide. Practice being, listening, taking more time, resting etc., if you are a too much “doing” person, and bring in more action, physical activity, projects and proactive choices if you are stuck in too much “being”.
Full Moon in Libra
Sun in Aries ~ Moon in Libra 10º45”
March 31, 6:37 AM Mountain Daylight Time
(March 31, 12:37 PM Greenwich Mean Time)
With each cycle of the Sun through a sign we celebrate and honor the Moon receiving full impact of the Sun’s mighty rays as the Sun and Moon stand in exact opposition creating a Full Moon. With the Sun traveling through Aries now, our Full Moon is in Libra, sign of the partner, our relationships and the projections created with this intimate, personal axis of the Self (Aries) and the Other (Libra).
This Full Moon will bring into intense foreground how our relationships reflect like a mirror who we are and what we are grappling with in our inner realms and projecting outwards onto our partners.
There is complexity to the Full Moon: Mercury travels with the Sun and is retrograde until April 15 and not fully out of its shadow period, regaining the degree where it began its retrograde until May 3rd. It’s a time to reconsider our language and how our inner thoughts affect our vitality and self-esteem, also how we consider others when we speak and how conscious we are of the impact of what we express. And, are we giving ourselves the freedom to truly express who we are? Something to consider during the gift of Mercury retrograde in Aries.
Mars is the natural ruler of the first sign of the zodiac, Aries, where we find the Sun at this time of year. So Mars is empowered in this chart. Mars has recently (3/17) entered Capricorn where Saturn and Pluto are residing. The warrior in Mars loves Capricorn for the discipline and focus it imparts to its actions. In fact Mars is “exalted” in Capricorn and in addition, Mars is still “out of bounds”, beyond the control of the Sun, a wild card, expressing in a potentially fierce and extreme manner for another couple of weeks. More complexity: Mars is now conjunct Saturn for this Full Moon (exact April 2nd), and this pair is forming a tension/conflict-producing T-Square with the Sun/Moon axis. Mars with Saturn is known as the gas and the brakes – applied at the same time! Saturn is the old, wise responsible one full of caution and keeping eyes on the goal while Mars is the young, impetuous, rowdy one full of reckless, risk-taking behavior – full of the joyous ‘I Am’. Wherever you have Capricorn in your chart is getting plenty of drama, excavation and exposure with these three planetary heavies there. Capricorn wants us to consider and refine our goals and the direction we wish to take our life – the long view. Mars can help us with the energy we need to plow the earth for the changes we want to create. You’ll do best with the challenges at Full Moon if you have set your sights for the top of the mountain you want to attain while still maintaining balance and connection in your relationship arenas.
Capricorn also reflects your relationship with authority – both your inner integrity and outer need to follow the rules and show up in a responsible way to create strong foundational community. Masculine Mars is being challenged by the Sun and the Moon to bring its passionate drive into cooperative alignment to work together with others. The recent weekend, peaceful marches initiated by the youth of our country to accomplish what the elders have not been able to accomplish to insure safety for our citizens-young and old-is a positive example of youthful Mars working with the responsible structures (Saturn) of our society. Mars-Saturn squaring the Sun and the Moon all in cardinal signs says we need to take initiative, start a process, get things moving especially in how we express our individuality and purpose and how we grow and thrive in our relationships. Sometimes the tension of a T-Square is just what we need to improve and make, in this case, our relationships better serve who we are in this moment after so much shift and change.
Time for an update!
Venus, of course, rules the Libra Moon. Venus rules airy Libra, in her more masculine expression of mental objectivity, fair play, and negotiation as she seeks harmony in all things, and she also rules earthy Taurus, her more feminine manifestation of sensual expression, social grace, self worth and what you attract in the material world. At Full Moon, Venus has just entered Taurus (0º), so how you feel about yourself will be reflected in your personal and intimate encounters with partners, one-on-one relationships and business associates.
The Sun and Moon also form a Mystic Rectangle with the North and South Nodes. The Mystic Rectangle is made of aspects of ease and grace and opportunity to move our spiritual lessons down into our physical, every day lives. That’s a strong message (!) suggesting the mental objectivity, loving heart-felt cooperation and harmony that our Libra Moon spotlights are the evolutionary way forward for us as we learn to balance the masculine and feminine within our selves and in our relating to each other.
Watch with as much neutrality as you can hold as this relationship passion-play unfolds this week with you as a major character in the dramatization created by you, for you.
The following are in Mountain Daylight Time (MDT):
- 04/15 Mercury direct at 5º Aries until 7/25
- 04/17 Aries New Moon 26º 7:58 PM MDT
- 04/17 Chiron enters Aries for seven years
- 04/17 Saturn retrograde 9º Capricorn until 9/6
- 04/19 Sun enters Taurus at 9:12 PM MDT
- 04/22 Pluto retrograde 21º Capricorn until 9/30
- 04/29 Scorpio Full Moon 9º 6:59 PM MDT
Image by CrystalWind.ca
Lena is an internationally known teacher and shamanic practitioner. She apprenticed for 10 years with a Huichol Shaman from Mexico and has studied cross cultural shamanic healing from numerous traditions including the Amazon basin, Native American, Northern European and Siberian. Lena has taught and worked with individuals, groups, businesses and communities for the past 25 years, helping to bring shamanic nature based wisdom back into people's lives. One of her specialities is the woven song tradition of the Shipibo tribe in the Peruvian Amazon, the singing of Icaros or healing songs. The individual healing work with these energy patterns through song and other shamanic techniques has had a powerful impact on her clients. Lena is the co-author of the "Secrets of Shamanism, How to Tap the Spirit Power Within" and a contributor to "The Power Path". Along with husband and partner Jose, she is the co-founder and one of the primary instructors of Power Path Seminars and the School of Shamanism.
ॐ Namasté - Blessings!
© 2008-2019 crystalwind.ca. All rights reserved.
Current Moon Cycles Videos
Archive: Moon Cycles
- 2019 (38)
- July (3)
- June (6)
- May (3)
- April (6)
- March (7)
- February (5)
- January (8)
- • New Moon 4 February 2019 - Hope and Goodwill
- • Full Moon Update 1-20-19
- • The Spiritual Impact The Leo Full Moon And Total Lunar Eclipse Are Bringing
- • Lunar Eclipse 21 January 2019 - Change and Opportunity
- • The Spiritual Impact Of The New Moon in Capricorn With Solar Eclipse
- • The Partial Solar Eclipse On Jan 5th/6th - In Relationships!
- • Solar Eclipse 5 January 2019 - Big Business
- • New Moon/Eclipse Update 1-5-19
- 2018 (87)
- December (5)
- November (6)
- October (7)
- • New Moon 7 November 2018 - Say Sorry and Move On
- • Full Moon Update 10-24-18
- • The Spiritual Influence The Full Moon In Taurus Will Bring
- • Full Moon 24 October 2018 - Unexpected Love
- • New Moon Update 10-8-18
- • The Spiritual Influence The Upcoming Libra New Moon Is Providing
- • New Moon 8 October 2018 - Transformation
- September (9)
- • The Full Moon in Aries - in Relationships
- • Equinox - Aries Full Moon Update
- • The Spiritual Impact The Aries Full Moon Is Promising
- • Full Moon 24 September 2018 - Overcome Your Fears
- • New Moon Update 9-9-18
- • 9th September 2018: New Moon in Virgo
- • The New Moon in Virgo on Sept 9th in Relationships
- • New Moon 9 September 2018 - Opportunity and Success
- • The Spiritual Influence Of The Virgo New Moon Energies
- August (5)
- July (8)
- • Teachings From The Aquarius Full Moon For The Golden Age Of Aquarius
- • Full Moon Eclipse Update 7-27-18
- • The Spiritual Impact Of The Aquarius Full Moon And Total Lunar Eclipse
- • Full Moon Lunar Eclipse in Aquarius, July 27, 2018 ~ Conscious Release
- • Moon Names
- • New Moon Update 7-12-18
- • The Spiritual Powers Of The Cancer New Moon & Partial Solar Eclipse
- • Friday 13th July New Moon - Sirius Isis Alignment
- June (9)
- • Enjoying The Blessings Of The Upcoming Capricorn Full Moon
- • Full Moon Update 6-27-18
- • Lunar Eclipse 27 July 2018 - Blood Moon
- • Full Moon 28 June 2018 - Break Free
- • New Moon Update 6-13-18
- • The Spiritual Powers Of The Gemini New Moon Energy Field
- • New Moon in Gemini, June 13th, 2018 ~ Quantum Shifts in Consciousness
- • New Moon 13 June 2018 - Lucky Stars
- • The Meaning Of The Moon Phase Of Your Birthday
- May (6)
- April (10)
- • The Full Moon in Scorpio and Relationships
- • Full Moon in Scorpio, April 30, 2018 - Exhumed
- • Full Moon Update 4-29-18
- • The Spiritual Influence The Full Moon In Scorpio Will Bring
- • Full Moon 29 April 2018 - Final Success
- • The New Moon In Aries Conjunct Uranus In Relationships
- • New Moon Update 4-15-18
- • New Moon in Aries, April 15, 2018 ~ A Catalyst for Change
- • The Spiritual Influence The Upcoming Aries New Moon Is Providing
- • New Moon 15 April 2018 - A New Day
- March (8)
- • Full Moon Update 3-31-18
- • How The Libra Full Moon Energies Are Influencing Our Life
- • Blue Moon 31 March 2018 – Full Moon Blues
- • Some Brief Notes On The New Moon In Pisces
- • New Moon Update 3-17-18
- • The Spiritual Influence Of The Pisces New Moon Energies
- • New Moon 17 March 2018 - Sexual Healing
- • Tonight Is The Full Crow Moon In Virgo - Get Ready For A Major Energy Shift!
- February (6)
- January (8)
- • Blood Super Moon Lunar Eclipse 31.1.18
- • 31st Jan 2018: Lunar Eclipse in Leo
- • Full Moon Update 1-31-18
- • The Spiritual Influence This Leo Full Moon And Lunar Eclipse Have On Us
- • Lunar Eclipse 31 January 2018 - Super Woman
- • New Moon in Capricorn - Onwards!
- • New Moon in Capricorn, January 16/17, 2018 ~ Becoming Masters of New Earth
- • Understanding The Energies Field Of The Capricorn New Moon
- 2017 (1)
- March (1)
- 2015 (1)
- 2014 (4)
- November (1)
- October (2)
- April (1)
- 2013 (1)
- September (1)
- 2012 (1)
- July (1)