Category: Moon Cycles Written by Lena Stevens Hits: 1841
The Full Moon is Saturday, May 18 at 3:11PM Mountain Daylight Time (MDT).
Use the portal of this full moon to experience something more fully. Take time to become more aware, expand your senses, your intuition, and reach for more beauty joy and love. What attachment that keeps you small and limited will you have to give up to reach this new level?
It is a great time for community exchanges, sharing ideas, and getting inspired by possibilities and opportunities. Beware of extreme idealism or getting lost is dreamy theory. Expansion and thinking outside the box is great but reel it in to something more practical so it can take hold as the seed that needs to be firmly planted in the soil. It is still important to be grounded and work with the earth, being fed by the very real energy of nature. Gratitude!
Scorpio Full Moon
Sun in Taurus ~ Moon in Scorpio 27º
Saturday, May 18 3:11 PM Mountain Daylight Time
(Saturday, May 18, 9:11 PM Greenwich Mean Time)
We reach culmination of the Taurus cycle with the Full Moon in the water element power sign of Scorpio. Each of the four elements has one power sign, the ‘fixed’ sign: earth-Taurus, air-Aquarius, fire-Leo, water-Scorpio. These signs consolidate power and distribute it out to others – generosity is their signature because the power must be given so flow and abundance are created. Scorpio represents the power of the feminine, of emotional power, the yin power, the power of going inward, of receiving and connecting. Scorpio was traditionally ruled by Mars, but as we and our solar system have evolved and expanded, Scorpio is now ruled by Pluto, God of the Underworld, and possesses the power of transformation, death and rebirth. Scorpio holds the power of desire, sexuality and the deep tantric merging with another. Scorpio is also where our deep, psychological shamanic healing power resides. We all have Scorpio somewhere in our chart and that is where our healer energy lies. Scorpio has no fear of the darker, shadowy regions of the psyche and is wired for the emotional confrontations necessary to bring forth what is stagnant and needing to be exposed to bring forth emotional flow. The bright light of this Scorpio Moon will shine on anything that is hidden or beneath the surface, anything needing to be transformed.
Mercury travels within a few degrees of the Taurus Sun, so it will be a Moon of strong mental focus giving us added perspective, a desire to connect and share. Travel and learning from real hands on experiences will teach us more than purely mental processes though. Mercury sparks our love of learning and passing on what we know. Telling our story to receptive others may be a fulfilling gift at many levels. On the other hand, watch for over amped emotional communication like criticism or gossip; the opposition by the Scorpio Moon to Mercury can be filled with the scorpion’s sting by a ruthless champion of telling it like it is.
Sun/Mercury in Taurus are a great support for the on-going combination of Saturn, Pluto and South Node in Capricorn that has us focused (perhaps a little reluctantly) on releasing deep habits, long ingrained patterns and structures from the past. Yes, we are releasing for our personalities, but also for our ancestors and all the patterning and learning we accumulated in the Age of Pisces as we (slowly) move forward into a New Age – Aquarius. Hold this as an opportunity like a ritual of cleansing before entering a temple or beginning a ceremony. Both the Sun and Moon are beaming helpful, benevolent, supportive energy to this process of release we all are experiencing. Ask the Spirit of the West – the setting Sun for help in letting go and send gratitude for all that you are able to move out – no matter how small, no matter what level. (Especially strong prior to Full Moon the week of May 11-17).
We are nearing the second of three squares of Jupiter in Sagittarius and Neptune in Pisces, both in their own signs making them extraordinarily strong. (Jan, June, Sept). These two planets stretch us beyond the shores of the rational mind, open the quantum fields, and teach us to be master creators of our own reality. These are the two planets buoying us up and teaching us to have faith in the outcome as we watch the cracking and crumbling of that which no longer serves. Next Full Moon will bring them into exactitude.
Mars has just entered Cancer and still ‘out of bounds’ until mid June suggesting extremes in our emotional expression, perhaps stomach, mother, food, or security issues. Our psychic sensitivity will also be high. A good indication for self-care and nurturing and responding to signals of emotional needs – yours and from others.
Venus is now in Taurus 4º, a sign she rules and where she revels in the glories of being in a body – a delicious meal, music, good company, soothing of the body, enjoying your abundance. Conjunct Uranus as she is here, they are an exciting and sparky duo inviting in unusual, intense and unexpected partnering at Full Moon before Venus moves blissfully on her way.
Our Scorpio Full Moon is heavy with feminine energy in the earth and water elements. Let the penetrating, sensual wisdom energy of this moon-gift transform, regenerate and heal every part of your life and when satiated, radiate it out for the whole world to benefit. Come together with your circle of intimates and partake of the rich feminine influences and walk in nature to ground and receive the blessings of the invisible world.
Heads Up! Next Mercury retrograde and eclipse season are both in July.
Peace and blessings to all on Vesak Day – Buddha’s Day of honoring – May 18
All times are in Mountain Standard Time (MST)
05/21 Sun enters Gemini at 1:59 AM MDT (Mercury also)
06/03 Gemini New Moon 12º at 4:02 AM MDT
06/17 Sagittarius Full Moon 26º at 2:31 AM MDT
Lena is an internationally known teacher and shamanic practitioner. She apprenticed for 10 years with a Huichol Shaman from Mexico and has studied cross cultural shamanic healing from numerous traditions including the Amazon basin, Native American, Northern European and Siberian. Lena has taught and worked with individuals, groups, businesses and communities for the past 25 years, helping to bring shamanic nature based wisdom back into people's lives. One of her specialities is the woven song tradition of the Shipibo tribe in the Peruvian Amazon, the singing of Icaros or healing songs. The individual healing work with these energy patterns through song and other shamanic techniques has had a powerful impact on her clients. Lena is the co-author of the "Secrets of Shamanism, How to Tap the Spirit Power Within" and a contributor to "The Power Path". Along with husband and partner Jose, she is the co-founder and one of the primary instructors of Power Path Seminars and the School of Shamanism. Source Here
ॐ Namasté - Blessings!
© 2008-2019 crystalwind.ca. All rights reserved.
Current Moon Cycles Videos
Archive: Moon Cycles
- 2019 (33)
- June (4)
- May (3)
- April (6)
- March (7)
- February (5)
- January (8)
- • New Moon 4 February 2019 - Hope and Goodwill
- • Full Moon Update 1-20-19
- • The Spiritual Impact The Leo Full Moon And Total Lunar Eclipse Are Bringing
- • Lunar Eclipse 21 January 2019 - Change and Opportunity
- • The Spiritual Impact Of The New Moon in Capricorn With Solar Eclipse
- • The Partial Solar Eclipse On Jan 5th/6th - In Relationships!
- • Solar Eclipse 5 January 2019 - Big Business
- • New Moon/Eclipse Update 1-5-19
- 2018 (87)
- December (5)
- November (6)
- October (7)
- • New Moon 7 November 2018 - Say Sorry and Move On
- • Full Moon Update 10-24-18
- • The Spiritual Influence The Full Moon In Taurus Will Bring
- • Full Moon 24 October 2018 - Unexpected Love
- • New Moon Update 10-8-18
- • The Spiritual Influence The Upcoming Libra New Moon Is Providing
- • New Moon 8 October 2018 - Transformation
- September (9)
- • The Full Moon in Aries - in Relationships
- • Equinox - Aries Full Moon Update
- • The Spiritual Impact The Aries Full Moon Is Promising
- • Full Moon 24 September 2018 - Overcome Your Fears
- • New Moon Update 9-9-18
- • 9th September 2018: New Moon in Virgo
- • The New Moon in Virgo on Sept 9th in Relationships
- • New Moon 9 September 2018 - Opportunity and Success
- • The Spiritual Influence Of The Virgo New Moon Energies
- August (5)
- July (8)
- • Teachings From The Aquarius Full Moon For The Golden Age Of Aquarius
- • Full Moon Eclipse Update 7-27-18
- • The Spiritual Impact Of The Aquarius Full Moon And Total Lunar Eclipse
- • Full Moon Lunar Eclipse in Aquarius, July 27, 2018 ~ Conscious Release
- • Moon Names
- • New Moon Update 7-12-18
- • The Spiritual Powers Of The Cancer New Moon & Partial Solar Eclipse
- • Friday 13th July New Moon - Sirius Isis Alignment
- June (9)
- • Enjoying The Blessings Of The Upcoming Capricorn Full Moon
- • Full Moon Update 6-27-18
- • Lunar Eclipse 27 July 2018 - Blood Moon
- • Full Moon 28 June 2018 - Break Free
- • New Moon Update 6-13-18
- • The Spiritual Powers Of The Gemini New Moon Energy Field
- • New Moon in Gemini, June 13th, 2018 ~ Quantum Shifts in Consciousness
- • New Moon 13 June 2018 - Lucky Stars
- • The Meaning Of The Moon Phase Of Your Birthday
- May (6)
- April (10)
- • The Full Moon in Scorpio and Relationships
- • Full Moon in Scorpio, April 30, 2018 - Exhumed
- • Full Moon Update 4-29-18
- • The Spiritual Influence The Full Moon In Scorpio Will Bring
- • Full Moon 29 April 2018 - Final Success
- • The New Moon In Aries Conjunct Uranus In Relationships
- • New Moon Update 4-15-18
- • New Moon in Aries, April 15, 2018 ~ A Catalyst for Change
- • The Spiritual Influence The Upcoming Aries New Moon Is Providing
- • New Moon 15 April 2018 - A New Day
- March (8)
- • Full Moon Update 3-31-18
- • How The Libra Full Moon Energies Are Influencing Our Life
- • Blue Moon 31 March 2018 – Full Moon Blues
- • Some Brief Notes On The New Moon In Pisces
- • New Moon Update 3-17-18
- • The Spiritual Influence Of The Pisces New Moon Energies
- • New Moon 17 March 2018 - Sexual Healing
- • Tonight Is The Full Crow Moon In Virgo - Get Ready For A Major Energy Shift!
- February (6)
- January (8)
- • Blood Super Moon Lunar Eclipse 31.1.18
- • 31st Jan 2018: Lunar Eclipse in Leo
- • Full Moon Update 1-31-18
- • The Spiritual Influence This Leo Full Moon And Lunar Eclipse Have On Us
- • Lunar Eclipse 31 January 2018 - Super Woman
- • New Moon in Capricorn - Onwards!
- • New Moon in Capricorn, January 16/17, 2018 ~ Becoming Masters of New Earth
- • Understanding The Energies Field Of The Capricorn New Moon
- 2017 (1)
- March (1)
- 2015 (1)
- 2014 (4)
- November (1)
- October (2)
- April (1)
- 2013 (1)
- September (1)
- 2012 (1)
- July (1)