Category: Moon Cycles Hits: 2522
The full moon on July 27, 2018 at 4° Aquarius is a total lunar eclipse. The lunar eclipse July 2018 astrology is mainly influenced by Mars, making this an emotionally challenging eclipse. Mars anger and frustration could easily turn to reckless actions because of a harsh aspect to Uranus. A more gentle influence from Saturn will make it a little easier to calm down, and some fixed stars give patience and decisiveness in a crisis. However, these same stars can also cause aggression and emotional problems.
Remaining calm in a crisis is the key to dealing with this overly emotional lunar eclipse. This is particularly important for the next two weeks while the July 12 solar eclipse is still active. It brings the potential for a crisis with your self-esteem, a relationship or an event, and for neurotic distress triggered by a deeply buried subconscious fear of disaster.
The July 2018 lunar eclipse is a rare central lunar eclipses, where part of the Moon passes through the center of the Earth’s shadow. It is also the longest total lunar eclipse this century, lasting 1 hour and 23 minutes. This powerful total lunar eclipse is also called a blood moon because of the reddish color caused by light being refracted by Earth’s atmosphere.
Lunar Eclipse Meaning
Like a regular full moon only stronger, a lunar eclipse focuses your attention on your emotions, intimate relationships, and your home and family. The longest total lunar eclipse this century is going to have an incredibly powerful influence on your private life. Sun opposite Moon qualities of emotions and instincts reach their peak at a lunar eclipse.
With a total lunar eclipse in particular, the blotting out of the Moon represents a resetting of your emotions, clearing away the emotional baggage of the previous six months. The July 27 lunar eclipse complements themes found in the July 12 solar eclipse to form a brief eclipse phase which lasts to the August 11 solar eclipse. The July 27 lunar eclipse and the August 11 solar eclipse then form a regular eclipse phase lasting until the solar eclipse on January 5, 2019.
Lunar Eclipse July 2018 Astrology
The total lunar eclipse on Friday July 27, 2018 at 04°44′ Aquarius is conjunct Mars by less than one degree. The fiery red planet makes this an emotionally challenging eclipse. A testing square aspect to Uranus makes the heated emotions more impulsive but they are moderated somewhat by a gentle semi-sextile aspect to Saturn.
The July 2018 lunar eclipse and Mars are located in the Head of the Sea Goat, Capricornus Constellation. A number of fixed star in this region give patience and trust, but also emotional problems which will exacerbate the unbalanced emotions of the Moon and Mars square Uranus.
Lunar Eclipse Conjunct Mars
Moon conjunct Mars is the strongest influence on the lunar eclipse and will make you feel strong, sexy and brave. Your quick instincts and fighting spirit can be used to defend your home and family. However, it will be difficult to control your strong emotions. If you start to feel irritable, impatient, bossy or mean, it is a signal that you need to back off and try to relax. You are likely to lose your temper or act irrationally if you stay in an agitated state. If you can’t calm down then try to apply your energy to something or someone you really care about. This could range from cleaning your house to giving a loved one an invigorating massage.
Mars retrograde creates an excessive amount of sexual tension and frustration which is difficult to express. Mars retrograde means you should think twice before acting. Fated events and repeating themes will reinforce which of your strong desires need more background work before being acted upon. Such events could be painful but needed so you back off and don’t make a major mistake. You may have struggled with destructive Mars behaviors like anger, rage, violence or sexual abuse. If so, events will force you to admit you have some anger management issues. This too, could be a very painful experience.
Other Lunar Eclipse Aspects
Moon square Uranus can cause rapid mood swings and impulsive reactions. You may feel jumpy and have little patience for anything requiring commitment or focus. You are likely to lash out and rebel against anyone who tries to tie you down or forces you to do something. Uranus makes it harder to relax because of an unsettling feeling, or anticipation of something new just around the corner. This is not a good lunar eclipse for making sudden changes, especially in close relationships. You may experience emotional outbursts from friends or family. Your natural instinct will be to run from any emotionally demanding situations.
Moon semisextile Saturn makes you feel protective of your family and partner. Saturn will moderate your emotions to an extent and make it easier to calm down. It gives a caring, patience and responsible attitude. Feelings of commitment, respect and loyalty to family may not be as strong as your anger and resentment, but they may stop you from taking rash actions that you would soon regret.
Mars square Uranus gives a strong urge to break free from restriction and rebel against authority. A tendency to act rashly without regard for the consequences can lead to great disruption in your life. Awareness of this dynamic energy can instead lead to inventive and creative breakthroughs and a reinvigorated personal life. You cannot restrain this erratic energy so must express your crazy, creative or inventive side in a safe environment. An original outlook may lead to works of creative brilliance or scientific breakthroughs, but you should avoid impulsive actions and taking dangerous risks.
Saturn trine Uranus represents a transition phase in life. This aspect makes the emotional turmoil and change caused by the lunar eclipse less upsetting or erratic. It helps you stay calm and patient. You can find new ways of doing old things without rocking the boat. Perhaps you could take the lead in your career to initiate needed changes and gain respect and recognition from your boss. You may be given more responsibility but also be allowed enough freedom to tackle the work in your own way.
The Head of the Sea Goat
Even though this eclipse falls in the Sign of Aquarius, the Moon is in the Constellation of Capricornus. Since our horoscope was invented over 2000 years ago, the Signs have moved nearly 30 degrees out of alignment with the Constellations they were named after. The precession of the equinoxes is the reason for this inherent error in our zodiac. So for astrological meaning I use the fixed stars and not Sun Signs. “On Earth, as it is in Heaven.”
- 03°58′ Aquarius – Mars
- 04°01′ Aquarius – fixed star Giedi
- 04°18′ Aquarius – fixed star Dabih
- 04°44′ Aquarius – Moon
- 04°58′ Aquarius – fixed star Oculus
- 05°25′ Aquarius – fixed star Bos
Fixed star Giedi gives beneficence, sacrifice and offering. Mars with Giedi causes abruptness, aggression and much criticism.  Both Giedi and Dabih give patience, trust, faith, and decisiveness in a crisis. But also “more crises than anyone would wish.” With Mars, the strain may be too much. 
Fixed star Dabih with the Moon gives success in business and wealth, but trouble through the opposite sex, deserved criticism and censure.  It also causes extreme emotional problems. When poorly aspected by the transiting Sun, as it is with a lunar eclipse, it can cause mental instability for two or three days as the aspect becomes exact. This makes it hard to relate with the public and gives a preference for being alone. Lunar eclipse July 2018 will be particularly challenging for the generation born in the early 1940’s, when Pluto was in early Leo. 
Oculus and Bos are similar to Giedi and Dabih, but with a tendency towards conservatism, and perhaps a lack forward-looking vision in times of crisis. 
Constellation Capricornus has a great influence over human affairs portending major changes in such areas as climate and political customs. Unfavorably situated with regards to lunar eclipses, it indicated major storms, especially at sea. 
Lunar Eclipse July 2018 Path
The total lunar eclipse on July 27, 2018 will be completely visible over Eastern Africa, and Central Asia, seen rising over South America, Western Africa, and Europe, and setting over Eastern Asia, and Australia.
Lunar Eclipse July 2018 Path
Previous Moon Phase: Solar Eclipse 12 July 2018
Next Moon Phase: Solar Eclipse 11 August 2018
Lunar Eclipse July 2018 Times and Dates
- Los Angeles – July 27, 1:20 pm
- New York – July 27, 4:20 pm
- London – July 27, 9:20 pm
- Delhi – July 28, 1:50 am
- Sydney – July 28, 6:20 am
- Fixed Stars and Constellations in Astrology, Vivian E. Robson, 1923, p.167.
- The Living Stars, Dr. Eric Morse, 1988, p.101.
- The Fixed Star Health and Behavior Imbalance, Ted George and Barbara Parker, 1985, p.141.
- Fixed Stars and Judicial Astrology, George Noonan, 1990, p.51.
My name is Jamie Partridge and I live on the coast of NSW Australia with three amazing kids. I’ve had an interesting life so far, with varied occupations ranging from nursing assistant to farm hand.
ॐ Namasté - Blessings!
© 2008-2019 crystalwind.ca. All rights reserved.
Current Moon Cycles Videos
Archive: Moon Cycles
- 2019 (33)
- June (4)
- May (3)
- April (6)
- March (7)
- February (5)
- January (8)
- • New Moon 4 February 2019 - Hope and Goodwill
- • Full Moon Update 1-20-19
- • The Spiritual Impact The Leo Full Moon And Total Lunar Eclipse Are Bringing
- • Lunar Eclipse 21 January 2019 - Change and Opportunity
- • The Spiritual Impact Of The New Moon in Capricorn With Solar Eclipse
- • The Partial Solar Eclipse On Jan 5th/6th - In Relationships!
- • Solar Eclipse 5 January 2019 - Big Business
- • New Moon/Eclipse Update 1-5-19
- 2018 (87)
- December (5)
- November (6)
- October (7)
- • New Moon 7 November 2018 - Say Sorry and Move On
- • Full Moon Update 10-24-18
- • The Spiritual Influence The Full Moon In Taurus Will Bring
- • Full Moon 24 October 2018 - Unexpected Love
- • New Moon Update 10-8-18
- • The Spiritual Influence The Upcoming Libra New Moon Is Providing
- • New Moon 8 October 2018 - Transformation
- September (9)
- • The Full Moon in Aries - in Relationships
- • Equinox - Aries Full Moon Update
- • The Spiritual Impact The Aries Full Moon Is Promising
- • Full Moon 24 September 2018 - Overcome Your Fears
- • New Moon Update 9-9-18
- • 9th September 2018: New Moon in Virgo
- • The New Moon in Virgo on Sept 9th in Relationships
- • New Moon 9 September 2018 - Opportunity and Success
- • The Spiritual Influence Of The Virgo New Moon Energies
- August (5)
- July (8)
- • Teachings From The Aquarius Full Moon For The Golden Age Of Aquarius
- • Full Moon Eclipse Update 7-27-18
- • The Spiritual Impact Of The Aquarius Full Moon And Total Lunar Eclipse
- • Full Moon Lunar Eclipse in Aquarius, July 27, 2018 ~ Conscious Release
- • Moon Names
- • New Moon Update 7-12-18
- • The Spiritual Powers Of The Cancer New Moon & Partial Solar Eclipse
- • Friday 13th July New Moon - Sirius Isis Alignment
- June (9)
- • Enjoying The Blessings Of The Upcoming Capricorn Full Moon
- • Full Moon Update 6-27-18
- • Lunar Eclipse 27 July 2018 - Blood Moon
- • Full Moon 28 June 2018 - Break Free
- • New Moon Update 6-13-18
- • The Spiritual Powers Of The Gemini New Moon Energy Field
- • New Moon in Gemini, June 13th, 2018 ~ Quantum Shifts in Consciousness
- • New Moon 13 June 2018 - Lucky Stars
- • The Meaning Of The Moon Phase Of Your Birthday
- May (6)
- April (10)
- • The Full Moon in Scorpio and Relationships
- • Full Moon in Scorpio, April 30, 2018 - Exhumed
- • Full Moon Update 4-29-18
- • The Spiritual Influence The Full Moon In Scorpio Will Bring
- • Full Moon 29 April 2018 - Final Success
- • The New Moon In Aries Conjunct Uranus In Relationships
- • New Moon Update 4-15-18
- • New Moon in Aries, April 15, 2018 ~ A Catalyst for Change
- • The Spiritual Influence The Upcoming Aries New Moon Is Providing
- • New Moon 15 April 2018 - A New Day
- March (8)
- • Full Moon Update 3-31-18
- • How The Libra Full Moon Energies Are Influencing Our Life
- • Blue Moon 31 March 2018 – Full Moon Blues
- • Some Brief Notes On The New Moon In Pisces
- • New Moon Update 3-17-18
- • The Spiritual Influence Of The Pisces New Moon Energies
- • New Moon 17 March 2018 - Sexual Healing
- • Tonight Is The Full Crow Moon In Virgo - Get Ready For A Major Energy Shift!
- February (6)
- January (8)
- • Blood Super Moon Lunar Eclipse 31.1.18
- • 31st Jan 2018: Lunar Eclipse in Leo
- • Full Moon Update 1-31-18
- • The Spiritual Influence This Leo Full Moon And Lunar Eclipse Have On Us
- • Lunar Eclipse 31 January 2018 - Super Woman
- • New Moon in Capricorn - Onwards!
- • New Moon in Capricorn, January 16/17, 2018 ~ Becoming Masters of New Earth
- • Understanding The Energies Field Of The Capricorn New Moon
- 2017 (1)
- March (1)
- 2015 (1)
- 2014 (4)
- November (1)
- October (2)
- April (1)
- 2013 (1)
- September (1)
- 2012 (1)
- July (1)