Category: Moon Cycles Written by Jamie Partridge Hits: 1737
The New Moon on Monday October 8, 2018 falls at 15° Libra. The New Moon October 2018 astrology is similar to the January 2018 lunar eclipse. They both make exactly the same aspects to Neptune and the minor planet Ceres. Expect to feel more sensitive, sympathetic and comforting towards your loved ones. This new moon brings attention to the rights and conditions of women in nontraditional families, single women, working women and single parents.
The October 2018 new moon square Pluto adds drama and intensity. A health or relationships crisis may force a radical transformation. You may have to become ruthless in eliminating poison from your life. This is a good new moon for starting a new diet, exercise or detoxification regime.
New Moon Meaning
A new moon represents the end of one cycle and the beginning of another new 28 day cycle. Sun conjunct Moon gives an invigorating burst of energy and initiative. So this is an excellent time for making a fresh start, turning over a new leaf, or starting a new project. You can also question old habits, behaviors and beliefs as you search for new and inventive ways to make progress.
The effects of the October 8 new moon will last four weeks up to the November 7 new moon. The best time for making a fresh start and for beginning new projects is during the first two weeks of this new moon cycle. This waxing phase of the Moon lasts from October 8 to the October 24 Full Moon.
New Moon October 2018 Astrology
At 15°48′ Libra the October 8 new moon is less than one degree from minor planet Ceres. The lunar eclipse on January 31, 2018 was also conjunct Ceres so similar issues will probably arise in the next four weeks as in the first half of this year. Furthermore, both moon phases quincunx Neptune makes it almost certain that you will be dealing with similar circumstances, relationship issues, or people as earlier in the year.
But although the aspects to Ceres and Neptune make both moon phases very similar, they influence you in different ways because the lunar eclipse was at 11° Leo while the October 8 new moon is at 15° Libra. Notice that they roughly 60 apart so are in sextile aspect. This means they work together well so you can easily resolve ongoing problems, finish things you started back then, or further develop and perfect new skills you have worked on this year.
New moon October 2018 is also square Pluto which adds drama and intensity to existing issues. It could also result in completely new problems related to power and control issues. Finally, there are some minor fixed star around 15° Libra which give a more positive flavor to this challenging new moon.
New Moon Conjunct Ceres
Minor planet Ceres rules motherly love, female reproductive issues, family bonds and relationships. As a virgin goddess, Ceres represents independent single women and sole parents. As a grain goddess, Ceres rules the growing of plants and food crops, the harvest, natural resources and the environment.
So New Moon October 2018 should make you more sympathetic and comforting towards your family and especially children. You may want to care for others but don’t forget to nurture yourself. Showing your warm and protective nature can also make you more attractive to you partner or potential partners.
The October 8 new moon will focus attention on the rights and freedoms single mothers and working mothers. Social discussions and political debate in this moon phase will include parenting styles, custody rights, maternity leave, childcare and equal pay.
The environment and climate change should also be topical, and how they affect food production. Other planetary aspects mentioned below also point to concern about chemicals like pesticides, plastic packaging and growth hormones. Then there are the effects of genetically modified foods, excessive amounts of sugar, and even more suspect practices of multinational food corporations.
New Moon Quincunx Neptune
Sun quincunx Neptune brings glamour or intrigue to your life, or a delicate balance between the two. This balancing act can also manifest as savior and victim, or saint and sinner. It is important to believe in what you are doing because confusion about your identity would lead to a lowering of self-esteem. Neptune rules mirrors and cameras so use these tools to improve your self-esteem if needed. Stand in front of a mirror and repeat positive affirmations. If you feel guilt or shame about your body image then use your webcam of iPhone and get naked. No one has to see or know about it.
With Ceres ruling food and diet, the quincunx aspect to Neptune brings the potential for imbalances in health and hygiene. A healthy ego requires a healthy body, so clean living, a healthy diet and exercise are most important. Neptune could make you more sensitive to poisoning from food and the environment. Take precautions to avoid infection, food poisoning and overdose. Poisoning at the spiritual level may also affect your relationships. It is important to surround yourself with positive energy. If you hang around losers and junkies then you could easily morph into one.
New Moon Square Pluto
Sun square Pluto increases your need to be in control, but can also lead to ego conflicts with other powerful people or authority figures. A crisis or conflict could lead to extreme or destructive behavior. Bullying, threats or intimidation could force you into a corner, where you have to either defend your position or make a major change. Such intense experiences may trigger deeply buried psychological issues involving fears of death, losing control, abuse or persecution.
Facing your fears will help you understand your need to be in control. This will help you evolve and let things go, relax and feel less threatened. This transformation or rebirth and will leave you with a greater sense of inner power. You can then channel your intensity into success through ambition and hard work.
Ceres square Pluto could expose the dirty tricks that multinational food, drug and chemical corporations use profit from bad health. This could include toxins in the food chain from pesticides and herbicides, the effects of genetically modified plants and animals, excess sugar and artificial food additives. Other possibilities include power plays and ego conflicts over child custody, the abuse of power by employers relating to working mothers, and the marginalization of single parents by the Church and State.
New Moon Fixed Stars
The list below shows only minor fixed stars surround New Moon October 2018 but it does lay within Virgo Constellation. The closest star to the new moon is 38 Boötis. It has the name Merga which comes from the Arabic for “the chained woman”. Constellation Boötes the Herdsman gives prosperity from work, strong desires, a tendency to excess, a fondness for rural pursuits and a liking for occultism. Beta Volantis is a tiny star in the Minor Constellation Piscis Volans. The Flying Fish gives a quick mind, activity, emotion, imagination and poetical or artistic ability. 
- 14 ♎ 43 – Eta Draconis
- 14 ♎ 52 – Ceres
- 15 ♎ 26 – Beta Volantis
- 15 ♎ 41 – 38 Boötis
- 15 ♎ 48 – New Moon
- 16 ♎ 55 – Theta Draconis
New Moon October 2018 Summary
The October 8 new moon conjunct Ceres and quincunx Neptune makes it very similar to the January 31 lunar eclipse. So like the lunar eclipse, this new moon will focus your attention on the rights and conditions of women in traditional families, single women, working women and single parents. Trust and faith in yourself and in your belief system is again important is dealing with these ongoing issues.
The Libra new moon square Pluto will likely intensify existing problems. You may have to deal with extreme or controlling behavior, conflict and drama that forces to face your fears. Pluto may also complicate or deepen other Ceres and Neptune issues, especially relating to your health. A complete transformation may be needed to improve your health. This could include investigations to find the cause of symptoms and seeking help for mental and physical health problems.
This is a good new moon for starting a new diet or exercise program. Your body and mind may be due for a good detoxification. This is the right time to cut all things from your life that are unhealthy. This includes the common causes of illness like smoking, alcohol and sugar. Think about what you put into your body. Poisonous thoughts like revenge, jealousy and envy can make you ill and harm others. Bad habits and destructive behaviors can also be left behind now.
The October 2018 new moon may force a radical transformation because of a health or relationships crisis. However, it would be better to make the first move and get ruthless about removing toxic influences in your life, whether they be in your diet, your relationships or in your mind. Finally, if you are a parent or look after your own parents, take this opportunity to improve their health and well-being.
If the New Moon October 2018 astrology chart directly affects your Sign you can read about it in your free Weekly Horoscope and Monthly Horoscope. Finally, for more details about how it affects your natal chart see Sun Transits.
Previous Moon Phase: Full Moon 24 September 2018
Next Moon Phase: Full Moon 24 October 2018
New Moon October 2018 Times and Dates
- Los Angeles, October 8 at 8:46 pm
- New York, October 8 at 11:46 pm
- London, October 9 at 4:46 am
- Delhi, October 9 at 9:16 am
- Sydney, October 9 at 2:46 am
My name is Jamie Partridge and I live on the coast of NSW Australia with three amazing kids. I’ve had an interesting life so far, with varied occupations ranging from nursing assistant to farm hand.
ॐ Namasté - Blessings!
© 2008-2019 crystalwind.ca. All rights reserved.
Current Moon Cycles Videos
Archive: Moon Cycles
- 2019 (29)
- May (3)
- April (6)
- March (7)
- February (5)
- January (8)
- • New Moon 4 February 2019 - Hope and Goodwill
- • Full Moon Update 1-20-19
- • The Spiritual Impact The Leo Full Moon And Total Lunar Eclipse Are Bringing
- • Lunar Eclipse 21 January 2019 - Change and Opportunity
- • The Spiritual Impact Of The New Moon in Capricorn With Solar Eclipse
- • The Partial Solar Eclipse On Jan 5th/6th - In Relationships!
- • Solar Eclipse 5 January 2019 - Big Business
- • New Moon/Eclipse Update 1-5-19
- 2018 (95)
- December (6)
- November (6)
- October (7)
- • New Moon 7 November 2018 - Say Sorry and Move On
- • Full Moon Update 10-24-18
- • The Spiritual Influence The Full Moon In Taurus Will Bring
- • Full Moon 24 October 2018 - Unexpected Love
- • New Moon Update 10-8-18
- • The Spiritual Influence The Upcoming Libra New Moon Is Providing
- • New Moon 8 October 2018 - Transformation
- September (9)
- • The Full Moon in Aries - in Relationships
- • Equinox - Aries Full Moon Update
- • The Spiritual Impact The Aries Full Moon Is Promising
- • Full Moon 24 September 2018 - Overcome Your Fears
- • New Moon Update 9-9-18
- • 9th September 2018: New Moon in Virgo
- • The New Moon in Virgo on Sept 9th in Relationships
- • New Moon 9 September 2018 - Opportunity and Success
- • The Spiritual Influence Of The Virgo New Moon Energies
- August (5)
- July (9)
- • Teachings From The Aquarius Full Moon For The Golden Age Of Aquarius
- • Full Moon Eclipse Update 7-27-18
- • The Spiritual Impact Of The Aquarius Full Moon And Total Lunar Eclipse
- • Full Moon Lunar Eclipse in Aquarius, July 27, 2018 ~ Conscious Release
- • This Capricorn Full Moon Helps To Calm Rattled Nerves
- • Moon Names
- • New Moon Update 7-12-18
- • The Spiritual Powers Of The Cancer New Moon & Partial Solar Eclipse
- • Friday 13th July New Moon - Sirius Isis Alignment
- June (9)
- • Enjoying The Blessings Of The Upcoming Capricorn Full Moon
- • Full Moon Update 6-27-18
- • Lunar Eclipse 27 July 2018 - Blood Moon
- • Full Moon 28 June 2018 - Break Free
- • New Moon Update 6-13-18
- • The Spiritual Powers Of The Gemini New Moon Energy Field
- • New Moon in Gemini, June 13th, 2018 ~ Quantum Shifts in Consciousness
- • New Moon 13 June 2018 - Lucky Stars
- • The Meaning Of The Moon Phase Of Your Birthday
- May (6)
- April (10)
- • The Full Moon in Scorpio and Relationships
- • Full Moon in Scorpio, April 30, 2018 - Exhumed
- • Full Moon Update 4-29-18
- • The Spiritual Influence The Full Moon In Scorpio Will Bring
- • Full Moon 29 April 2018 - Final Success
- • The New Moon In Aries Conjunct Uranus In Relationships
- • New Moon Update 4-15-18
- • New Moon in Aries, April 15, 2018 ~ A Catalyst for Change
- • The Spiritual Influence The Upcoming Aries New Moon Is Providing
- • New Moon 15 April 2018 - A New Day
- March (8)
- • Full Moon Update 3-31-18
- • How The Libra Full Moon Energies Are Influencing Our Life
- • Blue Moon 31 March 2018 – Full Moon Blues
- • Some Brief Notes On The New Moon In Pisces
- • New Moon Update 3-17-18
- • The Spiritual Influence Of The Pisces New Moon Energies
- • New Moon 17 March 2018 - Sexual Healing
- • Tonight Is The Full Crow Moon In Virgo - Get Ready For A Major Energy Shift!
- February (7)
- • Full Moon Update 3-1-18
- • The Spiritual Influence The Upcoming Virgo Full Moon Is Promising
- • Full Moon 1 March 2018 – Detoxify
- • The Spiritual Impact Of The Aquarius New Moon And Solar Eclipse
- • New Moon Solar Eclipse in Aquarius, February 15, 2018
- • New Moon/Solar Eclipse Update 2-15-18
- • New Moon Eclipse in Aquarius: The Path Ahead
- January (13)
- • Blood Super Moon Lunar Eclipse 31.1.18
- • The January 2018 “Super Blue Blood Moon” and the Leo/Aquarius axis
- • 31st Jan 2018: Lunar Eclipse in Leo
- • Full Moon Update 1-31-18
- • The Spiritual Influence This Leo Full Moon And Lunar Eclipse Have On Us
- • Lunar Eclipse 31 January 2018 - Super Woman
- • New Moon in Capricorn - Onwards!
- • New Moon in Capricorn, January 16/17, 2018 ~ Becoming Masters of New Earth
- • Understanding The Energies Field Of The Capricorn New Moon
- • New Moon Update 1-16-18
- • New Moon January 2018 - Flames of Love
- • Tonight Is The First (and Largest) Super Full Moon Of 2018 - Get Ready For An Energetic Bang!
- • A Cancerian Supermoon for the New Year
- 2017 (1)
- March (1)
- 2015 (1)
- 2014 (4)
- November (1)
- October (2)
- April (1)
- 2013 (1)
- September (1)
- 2012 (1)
- July (1)