Category: Moon Cycles Hits: 1623
New Moon is Tuesday, January 16 at 7:17 PM Mountain Standard Time (MST)
This is an excellent day to review your calendar and plans for the rest of the year and make sure you have scheduled in enough quality time for your own needs, pleasure, adventure, relaxation and expression. Make changes and refinements as you see fit keeping in mind the idea of serving yourself first. We are in a time where the structures and concrete habits that have run our lives are being questioned (or should be) and we are being prompted to look ahead to the kind of life we wish to create. If change is necessary, plant those seeds now with this powerful New Moon and then work with focus and discipline as your plans unfold and the seeds begin to grow.
A new moon is always a good time to evaluate and define your intentions. As we have come half way into the month, some of your original intentions and goals for the year may need re-evaluating. Adjust them as necessary and recommit to the discipline of the action you need to put behind these intentions.
Capricorn New Moon
Sun and Moon in Capricorn 27º
Tuesday. January 16, 7:17 PM Mountain Standard Time
(Wed. January 17, 2:17 AM Greenwich Mean Time)
2018 begins with a dynamic month filled with two Full SuperMoons on the 1st and 31st, Uranus going direct, Mercury coming out of its shadow period after retrograde, Jupiter and Mars together, and a lunar eclipse January 31st. This first New Moon of the year in Capricorn is fertile ground for honoring, tracking and refining your intentions to move along a new path. New Moons are times to plant a seed and cultivate its growth. With Sun, Moon, Venus, Pluto, Mercury, and Saturn all in earthy, active Capricorn and no planets retrograde in this chart, you are on a launch pad and in the hands of a master creator in the middle world/material plane ~ so much trustworthy, reliable support.
You are also planting your intention seeds for the two and a half year journey of Saturn through Capricorn. Saturn in its own sign is like Saturn squared. Imagine you haven’t seen this revered master in nearly 30 years at this place in your chart. He has returned.
When you are finished with your initiation and training by Saturn in the next several years, what do you want to have accomplished?
Those that know the answer to this question way down in their bones will come out the other side in December 2020 with a grin on their faces, the new found strength of focused application of the will and the heart, and the rewards of methodical building in the material world. One of our major purposes now is learning to bring our spiritual legacy down into our physical, daily, middle world lives. We’ve been to the underworld and know our shadow areas; we’ve been to the upper worlds and touched into Spirit, now our task is to bring that powerful knowledge into fruition in the physical world.
Capricorn rules the bones, the foundation of the body, where our stability comes from and where we store our most ancient patterns. Capricorn’s mission as guardian of the community is to preserve stability, to build on what has gone before, to protect and increase. Capricorn strives for perfection on this plane conquering the mountain one step at a time like the sure-footed goat it is.
Saturn, Capricorn’s ruler works to strengthen our resolve and skill with his tests and challenges. He’s the kung fu master of the zodiac, and this is his New Moon cycle of the year. Saturn likes to test your limits to make sure you learn the value of discipline, perseverance and responsibility yet remaining adaptable so as not to calcify, and become dogmatic, grim and forbidding. Saturn’s presence enables you to hold more access to the higher frequency, collective, transpersonal planets – Uranus, Neptune, Pluto and beyond.
Venus is within 1º of the Sun/Moon. She is invisible now as the light of the Sun is so magnificently powerful. She is ‘in the underworld’ traversing between her time as morning star moving to become the evening star. Her journey began in early December, and we will not see her again until mid February. Nonetheless, her yearly presence in Capricorn is in the form of the Wise Woman, The Abuela, The Elder. She takes the long view. She guides us to ask, ‘what are the consequences of our actions, what do we aspire to as a community, how do we insure what we value persists and grows?’ We are feeling spring loaded and ready to bring forward our most skillful and experienced self. We have access to focus and discipline in our new year’s regimes of health, prosperity and gaining authority over our unproductive distractions.
Venus will change signs the day after New Moon moving into Aquarius just two days before the Sun also moves into Aquarius bringing some much needed air element into our planetary influences. We have no planets in air signs in the New Moon chart; we can lack perspective, flexibility and we can feel stuck in a rut without resilience without the balance of air.
Pallas Athena, Uranus and Eris, that powerful trio is challenging the Sun/Moon/Venus precipitating crisis in our relationships, in the way we conduct our business, in the rules we break, in our ideas of what is ethical behavior, in standing up to address disempowerment and hypocrisy. Athena and Eris, feminine warrior goddesses, are guiding Uranus to shatter what has gone before. This has been an ongoing influence for months that really centers on Eris that doesn’t move much and Uranus, the first outer planet to connect with her since her disruptive discovery in 2005. Pallas adds additional support for the disempowered, the artistic ones, the energetic healers, political strategists, and activists. She issues the proclamation, ‘this will STOP NOW!’ and Uranus and Eris are there to back her up with radical shift and the chaos that change creates. This radical energy is precisely squaring the New Moon and we shall see what it next precipitates culturally beyond the Hollywood Golden Globes display of solidarity….
I know this is long, but I have to mention Ceres, Earth Mother Goddess of the Grain, is exactly conjunct the North Node in Leo 14º. This will also be active in the lunar eclipse of Jan 31st as well. North Node is our point of growth. Ceres rules parent bonding or lack of, the development of our self worth (those two might be related) as a basis of all further relationships; she’s the midwife of birth and dying and renewal; she is the fertility goddess of the Earth cycles of nature and the food that it provides; she holds the grief or rage of loss and disempowerment. With Ceres in Leo, we are learning to parent ourselves and express our hearts as an offering to others – big lessons for the upcoming eclipse period beginning now at New Moon.
The following are in Mountain Daylight Time (MDT):
- 01/19 Sun enters Aquarius 8:09PM
- 01/31 Leo Full Moon/Lunar Eclipse/SuperMoon 11º 6:27 AM
- 02/15 Aquarius New Moon/Solar Eclipse 27º 2:06 PM
Lena is an internationally known teacher and shamanic practitioner. She apprenticed for 10 years with a Huichol Shaman from Mexico and has studied cross cultural shamanic healing from numerous traditions including the Amazon basin, Native American, Northern European and Siberian. Lena has taught and worked with individuals, groups, businesses and communities for the past 25 years, helping to bring shamanic nature based wisdom back into people's lives. One of her specialities is the woven song tradition of the Shipibo tribe in the Peruvian Amazon, the singing of Icaros or healing songs. The individual healing work with these energy patterns through song and other shamanic techniques has had a powerful impact on her clients. Lena is the co-author of the "Secrets of Shamanism, How to Tap the Spirit Power Within" and a contributor to "The Power Path". Along with husband and partner Jose, she is the co-founder and one of the primary instructors of Power Path Seminars and the School of Shamanism.
ॐ Namasté - Blessings!
© 2008-2018 crystalwind.ca. All rights reserved.
Current Moon Cycles Videos
Archive: Moon Cycles
- 2018 (95)
- December (2)
- November (6)
- October (8)
- • New Moon 7 November 2018 - Say Sorry and Move On
- • Full Moon Update 10-24-18
- • The Spiritual Influence The Full Moon In Taurus Will Bring
- • Full Moon 24 October 2018 - Unexpected Love
- • New Moon Update 10-8-18
- • The Spiritual Influence The Upcoming Libra New Moon Is Providing
- • New Moon 8 October 2018 - Transformation
- • Intuitive Astrology: October New Moon 2018
- September (11)
- • The Full Moon in Aries - in Relationships
- • Equinox - Aries Full Moon Update
- • The Spiritual Impact The Aries Full Moon Is Promising
- • Intuitive Astrology: September Full Moon 2018
- • Full Moon 24 September 2018 - Overcome Your Fears
- • New Moon Update 9-9-18
- • 9th September 2018: New Moon in Virgo
- • The New Moon in Virgo on Sept 9th in Relationships
- • New Moon 9 September 2018 - Opportunity and Success
- • Intuitive Astrology: September New Moon 2018
- • The Spiritual Influence Of The Virgo New Moon Energies
- August (5)
- July (9)
- • Teachings From The Aquarius Full Moon For The Golden Age Of Aquarius
- • Full Moon Eclipse Update 7-27-18
- • The Spiritual Impact Of The Aquarius Full Moon And Total Lunar Eclipse
- • Full Moon Lunar Eclipse in Aquarius, July 27, 2018 ~ Conscious Release
- • This Capricorn Full Moon Helps To Calm Rattled Nerves
- • Moon Names
- • New Moon Update 7-12-18
- • The Spiritual Powers Of The Cancer New Moon & Partial Solar Eclipse
- • Friday 13th July New Moon - Sirius Isis Alignment
- June (9)
- • Enjoying The Blessings Of The Upcoming Capricorn Full Moon
- • Full Moon Update 6-27-18
- • Lunar Eclipse 27 July 2018 - Blood Moon
- • Full Moon 28 June 2018 - Break Free
- • New Moon Update 6-13-18
- • The Spiritual Powers Of The Gemini New Moon Energy Field
- • New Moon in Gemini, June 13th, 2018 ~ Quantum Shifts in Consciousness
- • New Moon 13 June 2018 - Lucky Stars
- • The Meaning Of The Moon Phase Of Your Birthday
- May (6)
- April (10)
- • The Full Moon in Scorpio and Relationships
- • Full Moon in Scorpio, April 30, 2018 - Exhumed
- • Full Moon Update 4-29-18
- • The Spiritual Influence The Full Moon In Scorpio Will Bring
- • Full Moon 29 April 2018 - Final Success
- • The New Moon In Aries Conjunct Uranus In Relationships
- • New Moon Update 4-15-18
- • New Moon in Aries, April 15, 2018 ~ A Catalyst for Change
- • The Spiritual Influence The Upcoming Aries New Moon Is Providing
- • New Moon 15 April 2018 - A New Day
- March (8)
- • Full Moon Update 3-31-18
- • How The Libra Full Moon Energies Are Influencing Our Life
- • Blue Moon 31 March 2018 – Full Moon Blues
- • Some Brief Notes On The New Moon In Pisces
- • New Moon Update 3-17-18
- • The Spiritual Influence Of The Pisces New Moon Energies
- • New Moon 17 March 2018 - Sexual Healing
- • Tonight Is The Full Crow Moon In Virgo - Get Ready For A Major Energy Shift!
- February (7)
- • Full Moon Update 3-1-18
- • The Spiritual Influence The Upcoming Virgo Full Moon Is Promising
- • Full Moon 1 March 2018 – Detoxify
- • The Spiritual Impact Of The Aquarius New Moon And Solar Eclipse
- • New Moon Solar Eclipse in Aquarius, February 15, 2018
- • New Moon/Solar Eclipse Update 2-15-18
- • New Moon Eclipse in Aquarius: The Path Ahead
- January (14)
- • Blood Super Moon Lunar Eclipse 31.1.18
- • The January 2018 “Super Blue Blood Moon” and the Leo/Aquarius axis
- • 31st Jan 2018: Lunar Eclipse in Leo
- • Full Moon Update 1-31-18
- • The Spiritual Influence This Leo Full Moon And Lunar Eclipse Have On Us
- • Lunar Eclipse 31 January 2018 - Super Woman
- • Super Blood Blue Moon Eclipse January 2018
- • New Moon in Capricorn - Onwards!
- • New Moon in Capricorn, January 16/17, 2018 ~ Becoming Masters of New Earth
- • Understanding The Energies Field Of The Capricorn New Moon
- • New Moon Update 1-16-18
- • New Moon January 2018 - Flames of Love
- • Tonight Is The First (and Largest) Super Full Moon Of 2018 - Get Ready For An Energetic Bang!
- • A Cancerian Supermoon for the New Year
- 2017 (1)
- March (1)
- 2016 (1)
- 2015 (1)
- 2014 (4)
- November (1)
- October (2)
- April (1)
- 2013 (1)
- September (1)
- 2012 (1)
- July (1)