Category: Moon Cycles Written by Lena Stevens Hits: 726
New Moon is Monday, October 8 at 9:46 PM Mountain Daylight Time (MDT).
This is an important moon for anchoring balance, grounding, and receiving the support of your allies. If you are in the place of ambivalence around a decision, you could gain some emotional clarity around issues you have been trying too hard to “think through”. It is important to take some time around this New Moon and focus on balance. It may mean taking some things that do not serve you off your plate and replacing them with some things that will serve you better. As you take inventory of your life at this time, ask yourself where you could use more support and help. Set some intentions to receive the support you need from the allies and the helpers that can give it.
Libra New Moon Cycle
Sun and Moon in Libra ~ 15º
Monday, Oct 8, 9:46 PM Mountain Daylight Time
(Tuesday. Oct. 9, 3:46 AM Greenwich Mean Time)
Venus naturally rules Libra’s New Moon cycle. The Goddess of relationship, social adeptness, and refinement will not disappoint as she does her most dramatic dance shifting from ‘evening star’ to ‘morning star’ this month journeying symbolically to the underworld in retrograde as she becomes invisible against the Sun to make this transformation. We experience one of the most ancient, visible planetary phenomenons witnessed and recorded by our forebears for thousands of years.
Venus is presently in Scorpio and retrograde. She’s empowered, going for inner truth, available for transformative experience. Venus in Scorpio is in the most powerful of the feeling-based water signs willing to go deeper into what motivates us, what is hidden, what is stagnant, what is called from the depths to be transformed. The path to awakening holds an early gate that all must pass through, the gate of self love, where we value the unique one we are, finding and holding our own internal integrity replacing what we were given by family and culture. Self Love is the foundation for love with another, the key to successful partnership and collaboration.
Sun and Moon in Libra is about balanced relation to another – the balance of self and other, the appreciation of opposites, making commitments, the refinement of social skill and diplomacy (remember Venus’ rulership here). With asteroid Ceres with the Moon and Sun, how we nourish our relationships and social connectiveness is emphasized. What relationship needs more attention in your life? Which ones are no longer nourishing at the deepest level?
Chart ruler, Venus in Scorpio, is square (challenged by) Mars in Aquarius (with Black Moon Lilith). We can call on our warrior self to show up and support what is just, balanced and fair in our social and collective relationships as we work on our prejudices, beliefs and discriminations. These are ‘old’ fixed dynamics that need to be cleared (riding with the South Node) to bring us personally (Venus) and collectively into balance and right relationship. We may experience Mars’ pull to work together for the collective good (in Aquarius). Recall the exalted warrior in “The Gladiator” film when in the arena with other captives, and rather than fighting solo, he lead them to ban together to support each other and emerge victorious against great odds. Mars’ long journey through Aquarius (mid May to Mid Nov.) aligned with the South Node points to the collective healing and balancing of the masculine we are struggling to rebirth in our consciousness.
Also of note, Venus is opposing Uranus three times Sept. 9, Oct. 31, Nov 30 because of her retrograde period. Titillate yourself with something new and exciting in the aesthetic realms, be open to stimulation from unusual people or situations. Watch what comes up. We will visit this again highly emphasized at Full Moon.
Pluto, Scopionic in its own right, squares the Sun/Moon/Ceres in Libra. We can’t really avoid the journey of transformation especially as we enter the later half of the month when the Sun also moves into Scorpio, along with Mercury on the 10/9, and Jupiter nearing completion of a year in Scorpio on November 8, all conspire to transform us in ways we can’t even imagine from here. Here in the Northern Hemisphere, it is the season of letting go – a time when we make choices of how we will focus our power, our chi, how will we set a place at the table for change in our lives and welcome it.
FULL MOON IN TAURUS
Sun in Scorpio ~ Moon in Taurus 1º
Wed, October 24, 10:45 AM Mountain Daylight Time
(Wed, October 24, 4:45 PM Greenwich Mean Time)
How does the cosmos do it? How does it align the Full Moon axis exactly across the axis of the North/South Nodes when they are in the very last degree before it changes signs?!! Only a divine cosmic (comic) force could create this one, knowing exactly the pressure we need to further our transformative journey. The Full Moon in Taurus is aligned with Uranus, The Awakener, opposite the Scorpio Sun aligned with Venus. This forms a Grand Square with the Nodes in Leo/ Aquarius 1º all in fixed signs. Our most locked in patterns will be presented for our viewing pleasure. Well, like is said, ‘Crisis or Opportunity?’. The intensification of polarity is a given. With seven out of 10 planets in fixed signs there is great determination, strong will, and uncompromising resistance being played out. One will need to be calm, restrained and not be drawn into dramatic behaviors. Those we resist can be seen as our teachers. Can you muster gratitude to find yourself revealed in this form? Even the strongest among us will be pulled into this growth vortex. How we respond will be the ‘opportunity’. Those with planets in the early degrees of the fixed signs (Taurus-Scorpio, Leo-Aquarius) will feel it most acutely.
The Venus-Uranus opposition conjunct the Sun-Moon will present the base-note theme of revolutionizing the feminine within our selves and especially in all forms of relationships. Our relationship to the Earth can be included here.
The way out of the locked up energy of a Grand Square is to look for aspects to one of the four corners. We have several exit points: Saturn (to Venus), Jupiter (to North Node), and Chiron (to North Node.
First we have Venus sextiled to Saturn, our teacher, the one concerned with time who seeks to build for the future, who is concerned with tangible value that can build the stability needed for community, the responsible, practical, industrious force that is conservative and methodical. It’s a signpost to buckle down into your personal goals, value your relationships to the feminine aspects around you.
Jupiter and Chiron are in trine relationship to the North Node. How do we find the ease they are offering to mitigate the tension of the Grand Square? As they both aspect the North Node, our collective point of growth, they are pointing the way to an open door to walk away from the pent-up tension of the Grand Square. Jupiter can help you expand your heart, open wide to the sky, the stars, the love that surrounds you lifting you out of a stuck, resistant vibration and into an expanded, flowing energy greater than yourself. Chiron revisiting Pisces points toward the peace of surrendering into the acceptance of ‘what is’.
This Full Moon looks like a test, a throw down – to see what you’re made of. Nine out of 10 planets are in the feminine signs; seven of the 10 planets are in fixed signs ~ A time to nurture the yin and balance the yang.
The following times are in Mountain Daylight Time (MDT)
- 10/23 Sun enters Scorpio 5:22 AM MDT
- 10/24 Taurus Full Moon 1º 10:46 AM MDT
- 11/4 Daylight Savings Time ends
- 11/6 Nodes shift into Cancer/Capricorn
Image by CrystalWind.ca
Lena is an internationally known teacher and shamanic practitioner. She apprenticed for 10 years with a Huichol Shaman from Mexico and has studied cross cultural shamanic healing from numerous traditions including the Amazon basin, Native American, Northern European and Siberian. Lena has taught and worked with individuals, groups, businesses and communities for the past 25 years, helping to bring shamanic nature based wisdom back into people's lives. One of her specialities is the woven song tradition of the Shipibo tribe in the Peruvian Amazon, the singing of Icaros or healing songs. The individual healing work with these energy patterns through song and other shamanic techniques has had a powerful impact on her clients. Lena is the co-author of the "Secrets of Shamanism, How to Tap the Spirit Power Within" and a contributor to "The Power Path". Along with husband and partner Jose, she is the co-founder and one of the primary instructors of Power Path Seminars and the School of Shamanism.
© 2018 CrystalWind.ca. All rights reserved.
ॐ Namasté - Blessings!
© 2008-2018 crystalwind.ca. All rights reserved.
Current Moon Cycles Videos
Archive: Moon Cycles
- 2018 (90)
- November (3)
- October (8)
- • New Moon 7 November 2018 - Say Sorry and Move On
- • Full Moon Update 10-24-18
- • The Spiritual Influence The Full Moon In Taurus Will Bring
- • Full Moon 24 October 2018 - Unexpected Love
- • New Moon Update 10-8-18
- • The Spiritual Influence The Upcoming Libra New Moon Is Providing
- • New Moon 8 October 2018 - Transformation
- • Intuitive Astrology: October New Moon 2018
- September (11)
- • The Full Moon in Aries - in Relationships
- • Equinox - Aries Full Moon Update
- • The Spiritual Impact The Aries Full Moon Is Promising
- • Intuitive Astrology: September Full Moon 2018
- • Full Moon 24 September 2018 - Overcome Your Fears
- • New Moon Update 9-9-18
- • 9th September 2018: New Moon in Virgo
- • The New Moon in Virgo on Sept 9th in Relationships
- • New Moon 9 September 2018 - Opportunity and Success
- • Intuitive Astrology: September New Moon 2018
- • The Spiritual Influence Of The Virgo New Moon Energies
- August (5)
- July (9)
- • Teachings From The Aquarius Full Moon For The Golden Age Of Aquarius
- • Full Moon Eclipse Update 7-27-18
- • The Spiritual Impact Of The Aquarius Full Moon And Total Lunar Eclipse
- • Full Moon Lunar Eclipse in Aquarius, July 27, 2018 ~ Conscious Release
- • This Capricorn Full Moon Helps To Calm Rattled Nerves
- • Moon Names
- • New Moon Update 7-12-18
- • The Spiritual Powers Of The Cancer New Moon & Partial Solar Eclipse
- • Friday 13th July New Moon - Sirius Isis Alignment
- June (9)
- • Enjoying The Blessings Of The Upcoming Capricorn Full Moon
- • Full Moon Update 6-27-18
- • Lunar Eclipse 27 July 2018 - Blood Moon
- • Full Moon 28 June 2018 - Break Free
- • New Moon Update 6-13-18
- • The Spiritual Powers Of The Gemini New Moon Energy Field
- • New Moon in Gemini, June 13th, 2018 ~ Quantum Shifts in Consciousness
- • New Moon 13 June 2018 - Lucky Stars
- • The Meaning Of The Moon Phase Of Your Birthday
- May (6)
- April (10)
- • The Full Moon in Scorpio and Relationships
- • Full Moon in Scorpio, April 30, 2018 - Exhumed
- • Full Moon Update 4-29-18
- • The Spiritual Influence The Full Moon In Scorpio Will Bring
- • Full Moon 29 April 2018 - Final Success
- • The New Moon In Aries Conjunct Uranus In Relationships
- • New Moon Update 4-15-18
- • New Moon in Aries, April 15, 2018 ~ A Catalyst for Change
- • The Spiritual Influence The Upcoming Aries New Moon Is Providing
- • New Moon 15 April 2018 - A New Day
- March (8)
- • Full Moon Update 3-31-18
- • How The Libra Full Moon Energies Are Influencing Our Life
- • Blue Moon 31 March 2018 – Full Moon Blues
- • Some Brief Notes On The New Moon In Pisces
- • New Moon Update 3-17-18
- • The Spiritual Influence Of The Pisces New Moon Energies
- • New Moon 17 March 2018 - Sexual Healing
- • Tonight Is The Full Crow Moon In Virgo - Get Ready For A Major Energy Shift!
- February (7)
- • Full Moon Update 3-1-18
- • The Spiritual Influence The Upcoming Virgo Full Moon Is Promising
- • Full Moon 1 March 2018 – Detoxify
- • The Spiritual Impact Of The Aquarius New Moon And Solar Eclipse
- • New Moon Solar Eclipse in Aquarius, February 15, 2018
- • New Moon/Solar Eclipse Update 2-15-18
- • New Moon Eclipse in Aquarius: The Path Ahead
- January (14)
- • Blood Super Moon Lunar Eclipse 31.1.18
- • The January 2018 “Super Blue Blood Moon” and the Leo/Aquarius axis
- • 31st Jan 2018: Lunar Eclipse in Leo
- • Full Moon Update 1-31-18
- • The Spiritual Influence This Leo Full Moon And Lunar Eclipse Have On Us
- • Lunar Eclipse 31 January 2018 - Super Woman
- • Super Blood Blue Moon Eclipse January 2018
- • New Moon in Capricorn - Onwards!
- • New Moon in Capricorn, January 16/17, 2018 ~ Becoming Masters of New Earth
- • Understanding The Energies Field Of The Capricorn New Moon
- • New Moon Update 1-16-18
- • New Moon January 2018 - Flames of Love
- • Tonight Is The First (and Largest) Super Full Moon Of 2018 - Get Ready For An Energetic Bang!
- • A Cancerian Supermoon for the New Year
- 2017 (1)
- March (1)
- 2016 (1)
- 2015 (1)
- 2014 (4)
- November (1)
- October (2)
- April (1)
- 2013 (1)
- September (1)
- 2012 (1)
- July (1)