Category: Moon Cycles Written by Lena Stevens Hits: 1659
New Moon is Wednesday, November 7 at 9:01 AM Mountain Standard Time (MST).
A deeply feminine moon providing an opportunity to anchor into your creative power and a good time to reflect on where you have given that power away. Do something for yourself that represents taking that power back in the areas of healing, nurturing and creativity. Set an intention during this new moon to follow your own inner feminine wisdom. Whether you are male or female, this is an important and powerful energy that provides deep intuition and a gateway to personal truth.
What do you believe about your power and inner feminine wisdom and ability to create? Is it true? Reflect on ways and times you have not trusted your intuition that has lead to some experiences more challenging than they needed to be. Ready for a download of TRUTH? Be willing to receive it.
New Moon in Scorpio Cycle
Sun and Moon in Scorpio ~ 15º
Wed. November 7, 9:01 AM Mountain Standard Time
(Wed. November 7, 4:01 PM Greenwich Mean Time)
So much change in this cycle! Loosen up cuz you’re gonna need your inner skateboarder to move and flow with grace on this month’s ride. The Nodes are changing signs, Jupiter is moving into its own sign Sagittarius, Venus is reappearing as morning star, Mercury is moving retrograde for 3 weeks, Neptune turns direct after 5 months retrograde, and Mars finally moves out of Aquarius after 6 months instead of the usual 3 weeks in a sign ~ all while witnessing our resistances to change! Astrology is so helpful in revealing the dilemmas and delight of having a physical existence and how seriously we take our dramas on our road to spiritual maturity.
So, as we unpack this, we see that the backbone of this New Moon in Scorpio chart is again a Grand Square, similar to last month’s Grand Square, but now in more action oriented signs instead of very fixed, unmoving signs. As of November 7, the Nodes have changed signs after 18 months of teaching us about the issues of Leo/Aquarius, and now will point the way to our growth through the sign of Cancer, the nurturing sign of the mother and our feeling nature and help us release the past through the sign Capricorn, the father and holder of the ‘backbone’ of the structures of our society. The Nodes and the opposition of Uranus and Venus/Ceres form the Grand Square. Both Venus in Libra and Uranus in Aries are retrograding briefly into signs they previously inhabited to revisit any issues continuing to linger and still needing to be addressed in our relationships, self worth, our need for personal freedom and the raising of the frequency of our feminine expression on this planet. This Grand Square continues and is equally as prominent at the coming Full Moon and only begins to fade in Early December as Venus moves on….. Look to what’s irritating, blocking you, challenging your business as usual, squeezing you into action.
Like last month, we also have a very helpful, feeling-oriented Grand Trine in water signs offering the Grand Square the opportunity of resolution through the shared contact with the North Node (where we are stretching ourselves and experiencing growth pains). The unexpected may be falling into place for you. For all bids for power there is a price to pay. You may be called on to leave your comfort zone to receive what is being offered to you. This configuration (along with its long duration) suggests a number of you out there are literally popping open, but you can pretty much guarantee it’s because you have done magnificent preparation to get you where you are today.
In this Grand Trine we have the healing power of Chiron, the emotional wisdom and enthusiasm of Jupiter, along with the North Node’s encouragement to create a container both nourishing and supportive. This Grand Trine further suggests that the receptive, feminine way of the water element, staying truthful to our hearts, speaking our truths, and forgiving the experiences we needed to experience in this lifetime (or any other lifetime) is the way out of the double bind of our protective shells, calcified beliefs and blind assumptions that we defend without thought. I see an extraordinary gift bound to a crisis/opportunity.
The day after New Moon, Jupiter moves into its own sign, Sagittarius, where it hasn’t been for 12 years. (Hmm, Saturn is in its own sign, Capricorn, Neptune in own sign, Pisces, Venus in her own sign, Libra – pure tones, well expressed). Jupiter will bring all the fire signs (Leo, Aries, Sag) optimism, generosity and the benefit of wisdom and trustworthiness. Yes, we all will have to channel Jupiter’s expansiveness when it tends toward excess and overindulgence, but this is a situation we take on gratefully as Jupiter helps us lift our vision to the far horizon and dream the future big.
Beautiful Venus has just become visible in the predawn sky having completed her ancient journey through the underworld to now become the morning star. She continues to retrograde into Libra until November 16 when she moves direct the same day Mercury moves retrograde in Sagittarius 13º. Mercury remains retrograde until December 7 and is completely out of its shadow time on December 24th. We have had the benefit of Mercury in Sagittarius since Oct 30 with its fresh positive attitude, bold vision, and desire for a deeper meaning for our existence. With retrograde, we are drawn to the internal spiritual journey, the inner trails of growth to renew our inspiration and fire up how we see ourselves, what we are called to do, our personal vision.
GEMINI FULL MOON
Sun in Sagittarius ~ Moon in Gemini 0º52’
Thurs., Nov 22, 10:40 PM Mountain Standard Time
(Friday, Nov 23, 5:40 AM Greenwich Mean Time)
The Sun makes its yearly shift into Sagittarius and hours later the Moon shifts into Gemini and opposition to the Sun. At 0º Gemini the Moon is full and ripe with potential, a seed point. This cycle comes into fullness with the energy of an inspired new beginning. With Gemini/Sag we are able to consider not only information, detail and all mental input, but we are also able to hold the big picture vision we all need as we pass through this time of tremendous transformation. So, now is the time to dream your dream and engage and perfect your ability to hold your vision of the future while taking care of the details of life.
The Sun is blessed with Jupiter so close by and Mercury tagging along all in Sagittarius. Through Jupiter’s eyes everything seems bigger, brighter, more energized, more possible. We’re eager for adventure, bringing in the new, moving forward, exploring new realms, and keeping our options open. We are hopeful-a time to shoot our arrows to the far horizon and dream a new dream. Just be aware of Jupiter’s tendency to get over zealous, excessive, distracted or dogmatic by the glorious vision that they see to the detriment of the here and now. With Mars in a stressful square to the Sun and the Moon, we are primed for excessive behavior and over indulgence.
The Moon Full in Gemini is a time to shake up the mental realms: the mind, your perceptions, how you think and speak, how you teach and learn, and why you believe what you believe. Step outside your gerbil trail and learn something new to shake up your mental circuitry or explore another culture, people, or way of looking at the world. Sag is the most broad minded and tolerant of signs and welcomes in the diversity of global consciousness. Sag is always the seeker of truth and meaning in our earth-bound lives.
Mercury in Sag is ruler of the Full Moon chart and with Mercury retrograde from November 16 and riding under the influence of the Sun/Jupiter conjunction, it’s important to be mindful of what you say, how you say it, and the effect on others. When you are on the receiving end of a stronger than necessary communication, you may need to step aside and let your breath (Gemini) guide you into a balanced response, otherwise that Mars square to the Sun and Moon may take you somewhere you DON’T want to go. With Mercury squared by Neptune communications can go in unexpected directions, get confused, be misinterpreted, and non-verbal or unconscious communications can be just as strong as intended ones. Neptune is especially strong as it is nearly at a standstill before is turns direct on Nov 24 at 13º Pisces after six months retrograde. Practice ‘right speech’ and don’t believe everything you think!
With the movement into Fire/Air signs (Sag/Gemini), it marks a swing away from the feminine and a move toward a more active, masculine influence from the planets. Many less fixed signs are operating now and more mutable, change-oriented signs are present in this chart making it easier to make the changes we have felt we just couldn’t get off the ground in the recent past.
We are still under the long influence of the Grand Square and Grand Trine meeting at the North Node, our cutting edge as I wrote about above for New Moon. We shall experience both in various measures without a doubt. There is tremendous choice in this configuration along the lines of resistance/growth.
Full Moon is on the day of USA Thanksgiving holiday.
The following times are in Mountain Daylight Time (MDT)
- 11/22 Sun enters Sagittarius 2:01 AM MST11/22 Sun enters Sagittarius 2:01 AM MST
- 12/06 Mercury goes direct 27º Scorpio until 3/5/19
- 12/07 Sagittarius New Moon 15º 12:21 AM MST
- 12/21 Solstice~Sun enters Capricorn 3:22 PM MST
- 12/22 Cancer Full Moon 0º49’ 10:49 AM MST
- 01/05 Capricorn New Moon/Partial Solar Eclipse 15º 6:28 PM MST
- 01/20 Sun enters Aquarius 12:59 AM MST
- 01/20 Leo Full Moon/Total Lunar Eclipse 0º51’ 10:15 PM MSTorn
Image by CrystalWind.ca
Lena is an internationally known teacher and shamanic practitioner. She apprenticed for 10 years with a Huichol Shaman from Mexico and has studied cross cultural shamanic healing from numerous traditions including the Amazon basin, Native American, Northern European and Siberian. Lena has taught and worked with individuals, groups, businesses and communities for the past 25 years, helping to bring shamanic nature based wisdom back into people's lives. One of her specialities is the woven song tradition of the Shipibo tribe in the Peruvian Amazon, the singing of Icaros or healing songs. The individual healing work with these energy patterns through song and other shamanic techniques has had a powerful impact on her clients. Lena is the co-author of the "Secrets of Shamanism, How to Tap the Spirit Power Within" and a contributor to "The Power Path". Along with husband and partner Jose, she is the co-founder and one of the primary instructors of Power Path Seminars and the School of Shamanism.
© 2018 CrystalWind.ca. All rights reserved.
ॐ Namasté - Blessings!
© 2008-2018 crystalwind.ca. All rights reserved.
Current Moon Cycles Videos
Archive: Moon Cycles
- 2018 (90)
- November (3)
- October (8)
- • New Moon 7 November 2018 - Say Sorry and Move On
- • Full Moon Update 10-24-18
- • The Spiritual Influence The Full Moon In Taurus Will Bring
- • Full Moon 24 October 2018 - Unexpected Love
- • New Moon Update 10-8-18
- • The Spiritual Influence The Upcoming Libra New Moon Is Providing
- • New Moon 8 October 2018 - Transformation
- • Intuitive Astrology: October New Moon 2018
- September (11)
- • The Full Moon in Aries - in Relationships
- • Equinox - Aries Full Moon Update
- • The Spiritual Impact The Aries Full Moon Is Promising
- • Intuitive Astrology: September Full Moon 2018
- • Full Moon 24 September 2018 - Overcome Your Fears
- • New Moon Update 9-9-18
- • 9th September 2018: New Moon in Virgo
- • The New Moon in Virgo on Sept 9th in Relationships
- • New Moon 9 September 2018 - Opportunity and Success
- • Intuitive Astrology: September New Moon 2018
- • The Spiritual Influence Of The Virgo New Moon Energies
- August (5)
- July (9)
- • Teachings From The Aquarius Full Moon For The Golden Age Of Aquarius
- • Full Moon Eclipse Update 7-27-18
- • The Spiritual Impact Of The Aquarius Full Moon And Total Lunar Eclipse
- • Full Moon Lunar Eclipse in Aquarius, July 27, 2018 ~ Conscious Release
- • This Capricorn Full Moon Helps To Calm Rattled Nerves
- • Moon Names
- • New Moon Update 7-12-18
- • The Spiritual Powers Of The Cancer New Moon & Partial Solar Eclipse
- • Friday 13th July New Moon - Sirius Isis Alignment
- June (9)
- • Enjoying The Blessings Of The Upcoming Capricorn Full Moon
- • Full Moon Update 6-27-18
- • Lunar Eclipse 27 July 2018 - Blood Moon
- • Full Moon 28 June 2018 - Break Free
- • New Moon Update 6-13-18
- • The Spiritual Powers Of The Gemini New Moon Energy Field
- • New Moon in Gemini, June 13th, 2018 ~ Quantum Shifts in Consciousness
- • New Moon 13 June 2018 - Lucky Stars
- • The Meaning Of The Moon Phase Of Your Birthday
- May (6)
- April (10)
- • The Full Moon in Scorpio and Relationships
- • Full Moon in Scorpio, April 30, 2018 - Exhumed
- • Full Moon Update 4-29-18
- • The Spiritual Influence The Full Moon In Scorpio Will Bring
- • Full Moon 29 April 2018 - Final Success
- • The New Moon In Aries Conjunct Uranus In Relationships
- • New Moon Update 4-15-18
- • New Moon in Aries, April 15, 2018 ~ A Catalyst for Change
- • The Spiritual Influence The Upcoming Aries New Moon Is Providing
- • New Moon 15 April 2018 - A New Day
- March (8)
- • Full Moon Update 3-31-18
- • How The Libra Full Moon Energies Are Influencing Our Life
- • Blue Moon 31 March 2018 – Full Moon Blues
- • Some Brief Notes On The New Moon In Pisces
- • New Moon Update 3-17-18
- • The Spiritual Influence Of The Pisces New Moon Energies
- • New Moon 17 March 2018 - Sexual Healing
- • Tonight Is The Full Crow Moon In Virgo - Get Ready For A Major Energy Shift!
- February (7)
- • Full Moon Update 3-1-18
- • The Spiritual Influence The Upcoming Virgo Full Moon Is Promising
- • Full Moon 1 March 2018 – Detoxify
- • The Spiritual Impact Of The Aquarius New Moon And Solar Eclipse
- • New Moon Solar Eclipse in Aquarius, February 15, 2018
- • New Moon/Solar Eclipse Update 2-15-18
- • New Moon Eclipse in Aquarius: The Path Ahead
- January (14)
- • Blood Super Moon Lunar Eclipse 31.1.18
- • The January 2018 “Super Blue Blood Moon” and the Leo/Aquarius axis
- • 31st Jan 2018: Lunar Eclipse in Leo
- • Full Moon Update 1-31-18
- • The Spiritual Influence This Leo Full Moon And Lunar Eclipse Have On Us
- • Lunar Eclipse 31 January 2018 - Super Woman
- • Super Blood Blue Moon Eclipse January 2018
- • New Moon in Capricorn - Onwards!
- • New Moon in Capricorn, January 16/17, 2018 ~ Becoming Masters of New Earth
- • Understanding The Energies Field Of The Capricorn New Moon
- • New Moon Update 1-16-18
- • New Moon January 2018 - Flames of Love
- • Tonight Is The First (and Largest) Super Full Moon Of 2018 - Get Ready For An Energetic Bang!
- • A Cancerian Supermoon for the New Year
- 2017 (1)
- March (1)
- 2016 (1)
- 2015 (1)
- 2014 (4)
- November (1)
- October (2)
- April (1)
- 2013 (1)
- September (1)
- 2012 (1)
- July (1)