Category: Moon Cycles Written by Lena Stevens Hits: 2054
New Moon is Friday, December 7 at 12:20 AM Mountain Standard Time (MST).
This New Moon is a time to watch judgment and irritability as it could come up around old patterns and wounds. Where are you still holding someone in debt to you for past wrongs? Where do you still feel in debt to some old pattern of regret or shame you have been trying to change?
As these influences may be up, you have a great opportunity with this new moon to do some real healing, forgiveness and letting go. The chaos at this time is related to all the obsessive thoughts in your mind and it would be a good practice to do whatever you can to clear the mind and focus on a reset that forgives the past and settles into a more peaceful field of creativity that brings some clarity to new intentions.
Sagittarius New Moon Cycle
Sun and Moon in Sagittarius ~ 15º
Friday, Dec. 7, 12:20 AM Mountain Standard Time
(Friday, Dec 7, 7:20 AM Greenwich Mean Time)
Lucky us! Jupiter rules this New Moon cycle in Sagittarius, and Jupiter always bestows a generous portion of good fortune, upbeat action, clarity for the big picture, and leaning into our spiritual growth. We favor adventure with Jupiter ~ reimagining our lives, travel to new places, exploring new uncharted areas of life, living in spirited joie de vivre! Not only is Jupiter now in its own sign, Sagittarius, for a whole year, but is traveling with the Sun and the Moon at this New Moon to geometrically increase its expansive influence upon us ~ a much welcomed increase of the fire element supporting prosperity and increase and illuminating truth, understanding and meaning in our lives. Jupiter’s only aspect is to the Sun/Moon, so the inspiration of fire is strong and undiluted. What we need now is a good challenge, a purpose, a quest or a bid for power to aim our Sagittarian centaur’s arrow toward. Aim to have a good time and make the most of the season with family and friends! Jupiter is the king of social engagement. Get some.
We have five mutable planets in this New Moon cycle chart and no planets in air signs. Suggesting we have the ability to shift and change and align with new circumstances as they arise. With no air planets, we may lack some mental perspective or flexibility, but the mutability can more than make up for it.
Neptune and Mars are both in watery Pisces 13º. Neptune is well placed in its own sign, but warrior Mars has a harder time surrendering to his sensitive side when in a water sign leaning more towards indulgence or feeling swamped when asked to merge or dissolve personal desire under Neptune’s stronger influence.
Stress arises here as Mars/Neptune 13º closely squares the Sun/Moon 15º~ Pisces to Sagittarius. Our bodies (Mars) and our spiritual nature (Neptune) are pulling at us, learning to work together in a new way, causing stress as we look to the horizon of our future selves. We are asked to pull down the high frequency energy of our spiritual consciousness that many have touched into in peak experiences, pull it down into the physical plane. That is our mission and we are being readied for magnificent shifts when we can master this discipline. This means the things you do in your mundane daily life ARE your spiritual practice.
With a square like this, we may have to curtail our frustrations and irritations away from blaming, resenting, and projecting our negativity out into the world. We can challenge ourselves to send that stressful energy into visualizing the life we want to embody. We are dramatically shown areas in our everyday experiences where we can learn, grow and expand our capacity to be more forgiving and full of love for what we have and who we are honing the practice of creating an opportunity out of whatever arises. Lean into your jovial Sagittarius nature, make merry and find what enhances your good humor, sense of discovery, and count every time your intuition and luck show up to support you.
Mercury retrograding will go direct on New Moon day, December 6 and is fully out of its shadow period and moving on into new territory on Dec 24. Mercury started out in Sag on Nov. 16, but has retrograded into Scorpio, and you may find yourself releasing some of your deepest, oldest patterns in this time frame. Chiron will also move direct on Dec. 9 where it has regressed back into Pisces (where it has spent the last seven years mentoring the feminine) to teach us just a little bit more about surrender and how healing love can be before it returns to its work with the masculine in Aries until 2026.
The following times are in Mountain Standard Time (MST)
- 12/06 Mercury direct 27º Scorpio until 3/5/1912/06 Mercury direct 27º Scorpio until 3/5/19
- 12/21 Solstice/Sun enters Capricorn 3:22 pm MST
- 12/22 Cancer Full Moon 0º49’ 10:48 AM MST
Image by CrystalWind.ca
Lena is an internationally known teacher and shamanic practitioner. She apprenticed for 10 years with a Huichol Shaman from Mexico and has studied cross cultural shamanic healing from numerous traditions including the Amazon basin, Native American, Northern European and Siberian. Lena has taught and worked with individuals, groups, businesses and communities for the past 25 years, helping to bring shamanic nature based wisdom back into people's lives. One of her specialities is the woven song tradition of the Shipibo tribe in the Peruvian Amazon, the singing of Icaros or healing songs. The individual healing work with these energy patterns through song and other shamanic techniques has had a powerful impact on her clients. Lena is the co-author of the "Secrets of Shamanism, How to Tap the Spirit Power Within" and a contributor to "The Power Path". Along with husband and partner Jose, she is the co-founder and one of the primary instructors of Power Path Seminars and the School of Shamanism.
© 2018 CrystalWind.ca. All rights reserved.
ॐ Namasté - Blessings!
© 2008-2018 crystalwind.ca. All rights reserved.
Current Moon Cycles Videos
Archive: Moon Cycles
- 2019 (13)
- February (5)
- January (8)
- • New Moon 4 February 2019 - Hope and Goodwill
- • Full Moon Update 1-20-19
- • The Spiritual Impact The Leo Full Moon And Total Lunar Eclipse Are Bringing
- • Lunar Eclipse 21 January 2019 - Change and Opportunity
- • The Spiritual Impact Of The New Moon in Capricorn With Solar Eclipse
- • The Partial Solar Eclipse On Jan 5th/6th - In Relationships!
- • Solar Eclipse 5 January 2019 - Big Business
- • New Moon/Eclipse Update 1-5-19
- 2018 (95)
- December (6)
- November (6)
- October (7)
- • New Moon 7 November 2018 - Say Sorry and Move On
- • Full Moon Update 10-24-18
- • The Spiritual Influence The Full Moon In Taurus Will Bring
- • Full Moon 24 October 2018 - Unexpected Love
- • New Moon Update 10-8-18
- • The Spiritual Influence The Upcoming Libra New Moon Is Providing
- • New Moon 8 October 2018 - Transformation
- September (9)
- • The Full Moon in Aries - in Relationships
- • Equinox - Aries Full Moon Update
- • The Spiritual Impact The Aries Full Moon Is Promising
- • Full Moon 24 September 2018 - Overcome Your Fears
- • New Moon Update 9-9-18
- • 9th September 2018: New Moon in Virgo
- • The New Moon in Virgo on Sept 9th in Relationships
- • New Moon 9 September 2018 - Opportunity and Success
- • The Spiritual Influence Of The Virgo New Moon Energies
- August (5)
- July (9)
- • Teachings From The Aquarius Full Moon For The Golden Age Of Aquarius
- • Full Moon Eclipse Update 7-27-18
- • The Spiritual Impact Of The Aquarius Full Moon And Total Lunar Eclipse
- • Full Moon Lunar Eclipse in Aquarius, July 27, 2018 ~ Conscious Release
- • This Capricorn Full Moon Helps To Calm Rattled Nerves
- • Moon Names
- • New Moon Update 7-12-18
- • The Spiritual Powers Of The Cancer New Moon & Partial Solar Eclipse
- • Friday 13th July New Moon - Sirius Isis Alignment
- June (9)
- • Enjoying The Blessings Of The Upcoming Capricorn Full Moon
- • Full Moon Update 6-27-18
- • Lunar Eclipse 27 July 2018 - Blood Moon
- • Full Moon 28 June 2018 - Break Free
- • New Moon Update 6-13-18
- • The Spiritual Powers Of The Gemini New Moon Energy Field
- • New Moon in Gemini, June 13th, 2018 ~ Quantum Shifts in Consciousness
- • New Moon 13 June 2018 - Lucky Stars
- • The Meaning Of The Moon Phase Of Your Birthday
- May (6)
- April (10)
- • The Full Moon in Scorpio and Relationships
- • Full Moon in Scorpio, April 30, 2018 - Exhumed
- • Full Moon Update 4-29-18
- • The Spiritual Influence The Full Moon In Scorpio Will Bring
- • Full Moon 29 April 2018 - Final Success
- • The New Moon In Aries Conjunct Uranus In Relationships
- • New Moon Update 4-15-18
- • New Moon in Aries, April 15, 2018 ~ A Catalyst for Change
- • The Spiritual Influence The Upcoming Aries New Moon Is Providing
- • New Moon 15 April 2018 - A New Day
- March (8)
- • Full Moon Update 3-31-18
- • How The Libra Full Moon Energies Are Influencing Our Life
- • Blue Moon 31 March 2018 – Full Moon Blues
- • Some Brief Notes On The New Moon In Pisces
- • New Moon Update 3-17-18
- • The Spiritual Influence Of The Pisces New Moon Energies
- • New Moon 17 March 2018 - Sexual Healing
- • Tonight Is The Full Crow Moon In Virgo - Get Ready For A Major Energy Shift!
- February (7)
- • Full Moon Update 3-1-18
- • The Spiritual Influence The Upcoming Virgo Full Moon Is Promising
- • Full Moon 1 March 2018 – Detoxify
- • The Spiritual Impact Of The Aquarius New Moon And Solar Eclipse
- • New Moon Solar Eclipse in Aquarius, February 15, 2018
- • New Moon/Solar Eclipse Update 2-15-18
- • New Moon Eclipse in Aquarius: The Path Ahead
- January (13)
- • Blood Super Moon Lunar Eclipse 31.1.18
- • The January 2018 “Super Blue Blood Moon” and the Leo/Aquarius axis
- • 31st Jan 2018: Lunar Eclipse in Leo
- • Full Moon Update 1-31-18
- • The Spiritual Influence This Leo Full Moon And Lunar Eclipse Have On Us
- • Lunar Eclipse 31 January 2018 - Super Woman
- • New Moon in Capricorn - Onwards!
- • New Moon in Capricorn, January 16/17, 2018 ~ Becoming Masters of New Earth
- • Understanding The Energies Field Of The Capricorn New Moon
- • New Moon Update 1-16-18
- • New Moon January 2018 - Flames of Love
- • Tonight Is The First (and Largest) Super Full Moon Of 2018 - Get Ready For An Energetic Bang!
- • A Cancerian Supermoon for the New Year
- 2017 (1)
- March (1)
- 2015 (1)
- 2014 (4)
- November (1)
- October (2)
- April (1)
- 2013 (1)
- September (1)
- 2012 (1)
- July (1)