Category: Moon Cycles Hits: 2019
New Moon is Saturday, March 17 at 7:11 AM Mountain Daylight Time (MDT).
Honor the spirit of water during this New Moon. Focus on the life-giving properties of water as well as water’s ability to dissolve and wash away what no longer serves. This is an inner time of reflection and you may not feel very social or outgoing so make sure that if you are with others that they are supportive to you and your process. The nature of the times around this new moon is marked with volatility, emotion, and aggression. Stay focused on the positive and stay out of heated arguments and don’t take others negative reactions personally. We are supported during this new moon to look deep into our own personal wounding and allow as much healing as possible.
As always, a new moon (especially this one) is a good time to refine and reset any intentions you have and have been working with. Intend also for new insights to drop in as well as opportunities from unexpected sources. Anything can happen so dream it positively!
Pisces New Moon
Sun and Moon in Pisces ~ 26º53’
March 17, 7:11 AM Mountain Daylight Time
(March 17, 1:11 PM Greenwich Mean Time)
In a span of a few days we have the end of the zodiacal year with Pisces and the beginning of the solar shift of seasons at Equinox. New Moon in Pisces invites us to take a deep breath and exhale everything that keeps us separate from our own connection to the dreamtime, the Wakan, the Great Mystery. Here is the opening to take the deep dive into the Void – a deeper intelligence permeating all life. Here we are called to surrender our burdens as we are held by the limitless ocean of consciousness. We feel the compassion and acceptance of the Tao, and our own ability to forgive and accept ‘what is’ is strengthened so we may extend the same to others. There is a time for being and a time for doing. This is most definitely a time for being. We extend gratitude to receptive, watery Pisces for her gift at this most feminine of times, more so than at any other time of the year. Intuition, imagination, and the opening into awareness are at an all time high. We are supported to connect with our own inner guidance. So much is being offered for our awakening and healing and many are rising to the occasion.
Chiron (28º) is traveling with the Pisces Sun and Moon (27º) ~ a full out healing Moon of our inner most secrets and woundings. Chiron offers us the parting gift of healing our addictions and preoccupations with escapism, denial and martyrdom and helps us to open our hearts to the difficulties of our current world situation as we release it all to Earth and Sky, our Mother and Father to prepare for the new.
This Moon’s alignment is Chiron’s parting gift in Pisces as preparation is made to change signs in April into Aries moving out of a feminine, water sign and into the masculine, fire sign Aries for the next 7 years. Healing energy from this asteroid/centaur teacher-healer has occupied the sign of Pisces for seven fruitful years. Chiron has facilitated the healing of women bringing them into personal wholeness as they reveal the unspoken repression of millennium. Chiron is the bridge between Saturn, the traditional form of wisdom and discipline, and Uranus and the otherworldly, transpersonal planets. Chiron is our mentor in radical shifts of healing. The feminine wounds have been awakened and heard in Chiron’s sojourn through Pisces. Reconciliation is powerfully underway. Now Chiron is ready to bring his healing magic to bear in Aries for our brothers, fathers, lovers and our own inner masculine and to teach us the healing power of the archetypal masculine’s right use of action, protection and balance.
On New Moon day March 17, Mars, ruler of Aries, our most direct, action-oriented planet, quick to thrust, full of passion, desire and heat, will change signs and move into Capricorn where it is exalted, well placed. Mars being a very martial planet works well with the disciplined behaviors, goal oriented and law-abiding focus of Capricorn. Not only will Mars change signs, but also will be very soon after ‘out of bounds’, which has the effect of setting it free, becoming more independent, untethered and infused with a radical action and intensity. ‘Out of Bounds’ means it no longer travels along the path of the Sun as the other planets do, instead it is outside the most north or south (in this case south) path of the Sun – out of the Sun’s influence so to speak. Woo hoo! Says Mars. We’re in for a hot time now! With Mars ruling such things as sharp objects, guns, machines, the military, athletic achievement, accidents, and aggression, let’s hope the patience and diligence of Capricorn has a mitigating effect.
Mars will be in a challenging square relationship to the Sun/Moon/Chiron at New Moon. Stay calm and grounded, keep busy and avoid the heat of anger; focus your restlessness and irritability into action, drive mindfully, reflect before you blurt, soothe your liver. Mars is joining Saturn (8º) and Pluto (20º) in Capricorn until mid May meeting Saturn on April 1 and Pluto on April 26. This infuses much energy behind our goals and whatever we feel needs a radical makeover. Put these dates to good use to forge ahead with your plans. Have courage to step out and declare yourself in ways you have only imagined to signal the universe you’re ready to assert yourself to express who you are.
The swell of New Moon in Pisces and Mars’ shift into Capricorn is only the beginning. Within days (March 20), the Sun shifts into 0ºAries at Equinox, a time when the Sun is equally balanced between the Northern and Southern hemispheres and a major power point of the solar year. Mercury and Venus will be conjunct in Aries brightening, sharpening and emboldening our minds and hearts. Two days later, Mercury goes retrograde at 16+º Aries until April 15 and fully regains its former degree in forward motion on May 4th. For a thorough analysis of the Mercury retrograde period try: http://www.thedarkpixieastrology.com/blog/mercury-retrograde-in-aries-march-april-2018
Aries retrograde is a time when we can observe our inner masculine and bring it into balance. We can watch the collective events in the news recognizing that the Aries, Mars and masculine energies are on display. Spirit has arranged for an intensification of events to focus our attention on the current masculine power system and how it operates.
With Jupiter in Scorpio retrograde (23º) generously trining the Sun/Moon/Chiron, our path is eased and open to understanding the larger perspective of the transformation we, as a species and a planet, are traversing. Jupiter in the sign of death and rebirth helps us own our part in the dance reflected to us from the outer world and transform it into an inclusive, cooperative expanded vision. We are the visionaries we have been waiting for.
The following are in Mountain Daylight Time (MDT):
- 03/20 Equinox, Sun enters Aries 10:15 AM MDT
- 03/22 Mercury goes retrograde 17º Aries until 4/15
- 03/31 Libra Full Moon at 10º 6:36 AM MDT
- 04/15 Aries New Moon 26º 7:58 PM MDT
Image by CrystalWind.ca
Lena is an internationally known teacher and shamanic practitioner. She apprenticed for 10 years with a Huichol Shaman from Mexico and has studied cross cultural shamanic healing from numerous traditions including the Amazon basin, Native American, Northern European and Siberian. Lena has taught and worked with individuals, groups, businesses and communities for the past 25 years, helping to bring shamanic nature based wisdom back into people's lives. One of her specialities is the woven song tradition of the Shipibo tribe in the Peruvian Amazon, the singing of Icaros or healing songs. The individual healing work with these energy patterns through song and other shamanic techniques has had a powerful impact on her clients. Lena is the co-author of the "Secrets of Shamanism, How to Tap the Spirit Power Within" and a contributor to "The Power Path". Along with husband and partner Jose, she is the co-founder and one of the primary instructors of Power Path Seminars and the School of Shamanism.
ॐ Namasté - Blessings!
© 2008-2019 crystalwind.ca. All rights reserved.
Current Moon Cycles Videos
Archive: Moon Cycles
- 2019 (33)
- June (4)
- May (3)
- April (6)
- March (7)
- February (5)
- January (8)
- • New Moon 4 February 2019 - Hope and Goodwill
- • Full Moon Update 1-20-19
- • The Spiritual Impact The Leo Full Moon And Total Lunar Eclipse Are Bringing
- • Lunar Eclipse 21 January 2019 - Change and Opportunity
- • The Spiritual Impact Of The New Moon in Capricorn With Solar Eclipse
- • The Partial Solar Eclipse On Jan 5th/6th - In Relationships!
- • Solar Eclipse 5 January 2019 - Big Business
- • New Moon/Eclipse Update 1-5-19
- 2018 (87)
- December (5)
- November (6)
- October (7)
- • New Moon 7 November 2018 - Say Sorry and Move On
- • Full Moon Update 10-24-18
- • The Spiritual Influence The Full Moon In Taurus Will Bring
- • Full Moon 24 October 2018 - Unexpected Love
- • New Moon Update 10-8-18
- • The Spiritual Influence The Upcoming Libra New Moon Is Providing
- • New Moon 8 October 2018 - Transformation
- September (9)
- • The Full Moon in Aries - in Relationships
- • Equinox - Aries Full Moon Update
- • The Spiritual Impact The Aries Full Moon Is Promising
- • Full Moon 24 September 2018 - Overcome Your Fears
- • New Moon Update 9-9-18
- • 9th September 2018: New Moon in Virgo
- • The New Moon in Virgo on Sept 9th in Relationships
- • New Moon 9 September 2018 - Opportunity and Success
- • The Spiritual Influence Of The Virgo New Moon Energies
- August (5)
- July (8)
- • Teachings From The Aquarius Full Moon For The Golden Age Of Aquarius
- • Full Moon Eclipse Update 7-27-18
- • The Spiritual Impact Of The Aquarius Full Moon And Total Lunar Eclipse
- • Full Moon Lunar Eclipse in Aquarius, July 27, 2018 ~ Conscious Release
- • Moon Names
- • New Moon Update 7-12-18
- • The Spiritual Powers Of The Cancer New Moon & Partial Solar Eclipse
- • Friday 13th July New Moon - Sirius Isis Alignment
- June (9)
- • Enjoying The Blessings Of The Upcoming Capricorn Full Moon
- • Full Moon Update 6-27-18
- • Lunar Eclipse 27 July 2018 - Blood Moon
- • Full Moon 28 June 2018 - Break Free
- • New Moon Update 6-13-18
- • The Spiritual Powers Of The Gemini New Moon Energy Field
- • New Moon in Gemini, June 13th, 2018 ~ Quantum Shifts in Consciousness
- • New Moon 13 June 2018 - Lucky Stars
- • The Meaning Of The Moon Phase Of Your Birthday
- May (6)
- April (10)
- • The Full Moon in Scorpio and Relationships
- • Full Moon in Scorpio, April 30, 2018 - Exhumed
- • Full Moon Update 4-29-18
- • The Spiritual Influence The Full Moon In Scorpio Will Bring
- • Full Moon 29 April 2018 - Final Success
- • The New Moon In Aries Conjunct Uranus In Relationships
- • New Moon Update 4-15-18
- • New Moon in Aries, April 15, 2018 ~ A Catalyst for Change
- • The Spiritual Influence The Upcoming Aries New Moon Is Providing
- • New Moon 15 April 2018 - A New Day
- March (8)
- • Full Moon Update 3-31-18
- • How The Libra Full Moon Energies Are Influencing Our Life
- • Blue Moon 31 March 2018 – Full Moon Blues
- • Some Brief Notes On The New Moon In Pisces
- • New Moon Update 3-17-18
- • The Spiritual Influence Of The Pisces New Moon Energies
- • New Moon 17 March 2018 - Sexual Healing
- • Tonight Is The Full Crow Moon In Virgo - Get Ready For A Major Energy Shift!
- February (6)
- January (8)
- • Blood Super Moon Lunar Eclipse 31.1.18
- • 31st Jan 2018: Lunar Eclipse in Leo
- • Full Moon Update 1-31-18
- • The Spiritual Influence This Leo Full Moon And Lunar Eclipse Have On Us
- • Lunar Eclipse 31 January 2018 - Super Woman
- • New Moon in Capricorn - Onwards!
- • New Moon in Capricorn, January 16/17, 2018 ~ Becoming Masters of New Earth
- • Understanding The Energies Field Of The Capricorn New Moon
- 2017 (1)
- March (1)
- 2015 (1)
- 2014 (4)
- November (1)
- October (2)
- April (1)
- 2013 (1)
- September (1)
- 2012 (1)
- July (1)