Category: Moon Cycles Hits: 1985
A Super New Moon with a partial solar eclipse (the last one of three eclipses) is Saturday, August 11 at 3:57 AM Mountain Daylight Time (MDT).
This New Moon bookends this rare eclipse trio that has given us such an opportunity for change, growth and maturity despite the discomfort and challenge that we may have also experienced. The theme of this new moon is “new directions”. With new insights, hard lessons and a creative outlook, you can use this New Moon to consider a new direction in some area of life.
Take some time to ask these questions: ”What am I completing? What do I need to complete? What truth is allowing me to shift priorities? What truth is supporting me to cut something loose? How is this making space for a new direction? How can I support my creativity to take advantage of the opportunity?
This eclipse (as the last two were also) is surrounded by intensity, unpredictability and irritability. The suggestion on the August forecast to “stay in your own lane and not get distracted by other peoples drama” is in full force as we navigate around the next few days. Be assertive about your truth and your new direction without being reactive to any judgments or negativity from others. This is your time. Celebrate it by honoring the sun’s energy, your own will, creativity, and ability to manifest a new direction for yourself.
Leo New Moon
Sun and Moon in Leo ~ 18º Partial Solar Eclipse
Saturday, August 11, 3:57 AM Mountain Daylight Time
(Saturday, August 11, 9:57 AM Greenwich Mean Time)
Turn your attention to the most powerful body in the sky ~ The Sun. You are now aligned with the ruler of Leo. Draw that energy down into the part of the body ruled by Leo ~ The Heart. Filling your heart with the Sun let it radiate light, warmth, and energy throughout your body, deep into your bones and experience the vitality and chi available to you. When you are brimming over with this powerful resource, radiate it out all around you. Give this gift freely and generously as it is given to you. Our hearts will be renewed as the Sun and Moon meet in New Moon Leo.
We close the rarefied eclipse season with a partial solar eclipse in Leo visible best in Russia, but also NE Canada, Greenland, Iceland, Scotland, Scandinavia, northern China, and Korea. All eclipses whether total or partial have a magnifying effect on the energies present. It allows for the releasing of old adaptations and unconscious habit, and with the space created, allows new energies to infuse our bodies, psyches, and planet and move us in new directions. Eclipses occur because of alignment of the Sun and Moon with the Nodes. The Nodes represent the point of our growth/our life task this lifetime (North) and point of release/surrender of what no longer serves (South).
Eclipse season is an intensified time for you to experience with clarity the releasing of unconscious habits of the past – and it may feel like your comforts are being rudely grabbed out of your hands because of the circumstances you find yourself in. In a very real way, the question is, are you willing to surrender comforts with little benefit to you for what is new and vital? If you find yourself in resistance and lacking surrender and trust to something greater than yourself, you won’t have any movement in your life. Eclipse season is here to help us make leaps forward on our path of evolution. Feeling the intensity of this time? Let the excitement of growth into new arenas be your guide. Feel more, resist less.
Looking at the New Moon more closely, Pallas Athena is within one degree of the Sun/Moon gifting us with access to our creative intelligence. She is the queen of the ability of the mind to create reality by reaching up into the cosmic realms and pulling down to Earth visions, guidance or solutions of what to create. Pallas Athena has gifts to offer you at many levels. She can access cosmic intelligence, she rules the energetic healing systems of the body where acupuncture, Reiki, cranial sacral work, sound and color, etc. work their healing magic, she uses her high frequency intelligence to think strategically, invite justice, wield truth, and she is patroness of arts and crafts that sustain and develop culture. A true powerhouse of gifts that we all hold and are reminded to strengthen at this eclipse time with her prominent position.
Mercury in retrograde is also in this tight Leonine group of Sun/Moon/Pallas, so as you can see, the mental, thinking and perceiving functions are opened and poised for a reset and a download of new inspiring, high frequency energy when paired with Pallas and rocket fueled by the Sun and Moon in Leo.
Jupiter in Scorpio 14º squares the ‘Leonine group’ suggesting the power signs (fixed) can precipitate crisis or unexpected behind the scenes opportunities to gather power. Despite Jupiter’s (think Zeus, The King) challenging confrontation with the Sun/Moon group, it is also trining Neptune (15º Pisces retro) for the second of three times ~ Notably big medicine of the spiritual, imaginal and artistic type. Leo is about our radiant hearts, courage to sing our own song, and be the leader and focus of attention when called on, but it is equally about our ego selves and how we act out our needs for love, recognition and attention. Jupiter is empowering us to ask the big questions of our Leonine aspect. Namely, are you strong enough to keep your ego in service to your wide-open heart? Or, is your ego compelled to get love and recognition in all the wrong places? Self-aggrandizement, vanity, pride (camouflaging your true needs). Jupiter’s trine to Neptune is our opening to draw down our most compassionate, loving, conscious, and fluid self into our emotional circuits from a soul level. Can you hold more courage and more love?
Mars at 0º Aquarius (retrograde) has it’s own questions to ask. Mars is our warrior energy and likes to have a task or mission to accomplish. Out of bounds and retrograde is an odd predicament for Mars who likes to ‘only go straight’ and doesn’t get into this situation very frequently. Ask yourself, “Just why did I choose to incarnate in these challenging transitioning times? What are my gifts? What am I here to do? What is my mission?” And since you chose to accept the assignment, get on with it! Avoid getting distracted by the drama that surrounds you. We are all spiritual warriors for the good of the whole now.
With Black Moon Lilith at the exact same degree as Mars, 0º Aquarius, forces working at the subliminal levels, the hidden and mysterious, are finding a voice through Mars. With Mercury, Mars, Saturn, Neptune, Pluto and now Uranus all retrograde, we are being called deeply inward. Perhaps we are to heed Black Moon Lilith’s feminine beaconing to seek what is below words and images, to tap into our body wisdom, our centeredness, our wildness. Mars and Black Moon Lilith meet now at this eclipse at the exact degree of the potent conjunction of Saturn and Jupiter on Solstice in December 2020 triggering our preparation for that shift point in our collective soul.
Leo is our natural inner leader, performer, and guide to pure joy and pleasure, ruler of our inner child and free expression of who we are in our divine essence, and teacher of generosity and sharing and ruler of the heart that most magnificent center of our beings. Use this medicine to guide you through this last eclipse of a truly potent season of transformation and call to be all we can be.
The following times are in Mountain Daylight Time (MDT)
- 08/18 Mercury direct at 11º Leo until 11/16
- 08/22 Sun enters Virgo 10:08 PM MDT
- 08/26 Pisces Full Moon 3º 5:57 AM MDT
- 08/27 Mars direct 28º Capricorn until 9/2020
- 09/09 Virgo New Moon 17º 12:02 PM
Image by CrystalWind.ca
Lena is an internationally known teacher and shamanic practitioner. She apprenticed for 10 years with a Huichol Shaman from Mexico and has studied cross cultural shamanic healing from numerous traditions including the Amazon basin, Native American, Northern European and Siberian. Lena has taught and worked with individuals, groups, businesses and communities for the past 25 years, helping to bring shamanic nature based wisdom back into people's lives. One of her specialities is the woven song tradition of the Shipibo tribe in the Peruvian Amazon, the singing of Icaros or healing songs. The individual healing work with these energy patterns through song and other shamanic techniques has had a powerful impact on her clients. Lena is the co-author of the "Secrets of Shamanism, How to Tap the Spirit Power Within" and a contributor to "The Power Path". Along with husband and partner Jose, she is the co-founder and one of the primary instructors of Power Path Seminars and the School of Shamanism.
© 2018 CrystalWind.ca. All rights reserved.
ॐ Namasté - Blessings!
© 2008-2018 crystalwind.ca. All rights reserved.
Current Moon Cycles Videos
Archive: Moon Cycles
- 2019 (26)
- April (6)
- March (7)
- February (5)
- January (8)
- • New Moon 4 February 2019 - Hope and Goodwill
- • Full Moon Update 1-20-19
- • The Spiritual Impact The Leo Full Moon And Total Lunar Eclipse Are Bringing
- • Lunar Eclipse 21 January 2019 - Change and Opportunity
- • The Spiritual Impact Of The New Moon in Capricorn With Solar Eclipse
- • The Partial Solar Eclipse On Jan 5th/6th - In Relationships!
- • Solar Eclipse 5 January 2019 - Big Business
- • New Moon/Eclipse Update 1-5-19
- 2018 (95)
- December (6)
- November (6)
- October (7)
- • New Moon 7 November 2018 - Say Sorry and Move On
- • Full Moon Update 10-24-18
- • The Spiritual Influence The Full Moon In Taurus Will Bring
- • Full Moon 24 October 2018 - Unexpected Love
- • New Moon Update 10-8-18
- • The Spiritual Influence The Upcoming Libra New Moon Is Providing
- • New Moon 8 October 2018 - Transformation
- September (9)
- • The Full Moon in Aries - in Relationships
- • Equinox - Aries Full Moon Update
- • The Spiritual Impact The Aries Full Moon Is Promising
- • Full Moon 24 September 2018 - Overcome Your Fears
- • New Moon Update 9-9-18
- • 9th September 2018: New Moon in Virgo
- • The New Moon in Virgo on Sept 9th in Relationships
- • New Moon 9 September 2018 - Opportunity and Success
- • The Spiritual Influence Of The Virgo New Moon Energies
- August (5)
- July (9)
- • Teachings From The Aquarius Full Moon For The Golden Age Of Aquarius
- • Full Moon Eclipse Update 7-27-18
- • The Spiritual Impact Of The Aquarius Full Moon And Total Lunar Eclipse
- • Full Moon Lunar Eclipse in Aquarius, July 27, 2018 ~ Conscious Release
- • This Capricorn Full Moon Helps To Calm Rattled Nerves
- • Moon Names
- • New Moon Update 7-12-18
- • The Spiritual Powers Of The Cancer New Moon & Partial Solar Eclipse
- • Friday 13th July New Moon - Sirius Isis Alignment
- June (9)
- • Enjoying The Blessings Of The Upcoming Capricorn Full Moon
- • Full Moon Update 6-27-18
- • Lunar Eclipse 27 July 2018 - Blood Moon
- • Full Moon 28 June 2018 - Break Free
- • New Moon Update 6-13-18
- • The Spiritual Powers Of The Gemini New Moon Energy Field
- • New Moon in Gemini, June 13th, 2018 ~ Quantum Shifts in Consciousness
- • New Moon 13 June 2018 - Lucky Stars
- • The Meaning Of The Moon Phase Of Your Birthday
- May (6)
- April (10)
- • The Full Moon in Scorpio and Relationships
- • Full Moon in Scorpio, April 30, 2018 - Exhumed
- • Full Moon Update 4-29-18
- • The Spiritual Influence The Full Moon In Scorpio Will Bring
- • Full Moon 29 April 2018 - Final Success
- • The New Moon In Aries Conjunct Uranus In Relationships
- • New Moon Update 4-15-18
- • New Moon in Aries, April 15, 2018 ~ A Catalyst for Change
- • The Spiritual Influence The Upcoming Aries New Moon Is Providing
- • New Moon 15 April 2018 - A New Day
- March (8)
- • Full Moon Update 3-31-18
- • How The Libra Full Moon Energies Are Influencing Our Life
- • Blue Moon 31 March 2018 – Full Moon Blues
- • Some Brief Notes On The New Moon In Pisces
- • New Moon Update 3-17-18
- • The Spiritual Influence Of The Pisces New Moon Energies
- • New Moon 17 March 2018 - Sexual Healing
- • Tonight Is The Full Crow Moon In Virgo - Get Ready For A Major Energy Shift!
- February (7)
- • Full Moon Update 3-1-18
- • The Spiritual Influence The Upcoming Virgo Full Moon Is Promising
- • Full Moon 1 March 2018 – Detoxify
- • The Spiritual Impact Of The Aquarius New Moon And Solar Eclipse
- • New Moon Solar Eclipse in Aquarius, February 15, 2018
- • New Moon/Solar Eclipse Update 2-15-18
- • New Moon Eclipse in Aquarius: The Path Ahead
- January (13)
- • Blood Super Moon Lunar Eclipse 31.1.18
- • The January 2018 “Super Blue Blood Moon” and the Leo/Aquarius axis
- • 31st Jan 2018: Lunar Eclipse in Leo
- • Full Moon Update 1-31-18
- • The Spiritual Influence This Leo Full Moon And Lunar Eclipse Have On Us
- • Lunar Eclipse 31 January 2018 - Super Woman
- • New Moon in Capricorn - Onwards!
- • New Moon in Capricorn, January 16/17, 2018 ~ Becoming Masters of New Earth
- • Understanding The Energies Field Of The Capricorn New Moon
- • New Moon Update 1-16-18
- • New Moon January 2018 - Flames of Love
- • Tonight Is The First (and Largest) Super Full Moon Of 2018 - Get Ready For An Energetic Bang!
- • A Cancerian Supermoon for the New Year
- 2017 (1)
- March (1)
- 2015 (1)
- 2014 (4)
- November (1)
- October (2)
- April (1)
- 2013 (1)
- September (1)
- 2012 (1)
- July (1)