Category: Runes Written by Jan Erickson Views: 1263
As a new week begins, let’s take a look at the upcoming esoteric influences. As always, I’m looking at each day’s numerology, Elder Futhark rune, and Moon information derived from both traditional astrology and Human Design’s use of the I Ching. The runes appear below.
Sunday, 16 February
- Numerology – 16/7 – magick, original creation, balance between dark and light, septenate universe, 7 Cosmic Rays, 7 sacred planets, 7 stages of life, Sun, Leo
- Day – Sunday is a day governed by the Sun reflecting success, joy, protection, power, confidence, and health
- Rune – Thurisaz (3) – Fire element, Thor’s Hammer, defense, new beginnings, protection, opposition, impulsive behavior, giants, chaos, weather magick
- Human Design (I Ching) Moon position – Gate 14 Line 4 Security describing the establishment of a strong foundation or boundaries as a means of protection from outside forces
- Astro Moon Position – Sagittarius – interactions with others take an expansive or adventuresome direction.
Today we may need to establish boundaries especially if the Sagittarian need for adventure becomes too much. While someone else may want to play, we may have other things to do, so do both if you can, but if not, remember that no is a complete sentence. No explanation is necessary.
Monday, 17 February
- Numerology – 17/8 – practical matters, leadership, responsibility, Tyr, Saturn, Libra, Cheth, judicial power, intellect, universal harmony, Mother Rhea, Cycle, cube justice, regeneration
- Day – Monday is a day governed by the Moon and involves healing and intuition along with feminine magicks
- Rune – Algiz (15) – Air/Fire/Water elements, elk, protection, BiFrost bridge between physical and astral realms, higher consciousness, divinity.
- Human Design (I Ching) Moon position – Gate 9 Line 6 Gratitude suggests feeling joy at small victories and nourishment of grace.
- Astro Moon position – Sagittarius – the opportunity for travel may open up today and if so, make certain to take care of the mundane before setting off on a new adventure.
Although we may feel like taking some time away from mundane tasks today, we’ll have a better time if we take care of our responsibilities first before setting out on whatever adventure is in store.
Tuesday, 18 February
- Numerology – 18/9 – endings, completion
- Day – Tuesday is governed by Mars and is filled with passion and energy
- Rune – Laguz (21) – Water element, emotions, intuition, flow, harmony, clairsentience, occult, assertive female, dream work, trance work, emotional balance, draw energy back to you, purification, cleansing
- Human Design (I Ching) Moon position – Gate 11 LIne 2 Rigour suggesting the awareness that peace without any internal impetus for further advancement or change may result in stagnation.
- Astro Moon position – Sagittarius until Capricorn at 2:37 AM PST indicating a transition to less adventure and more disciplined approach. Guard against intolerance or potential manipulation of others.
The flow of the Sagittarian is focused and self-directed but not necessarily given to self-discipline and given the time of the Moon’s transition into Capricorn in the early hours of the morning, we’ll likely sleep through it which is better than the struggle we might experience in the light of day. That said, avoid any stagnation that an overly disciplined focus can foster.
Wednesday, 19 February
- Numerology – 19/1 – new beginnings, wholeness, unity, self, intuitive knowledge, Monad, First Cause, Aleph, Alpha
- Day – Wednesday is governed by Mercury and involves communication, reason, and intellectual expression
- Rune – Jera (12) – Earth element, transformation, balance, give and take, cycles, herbalism, gardening, unfolding awareness, energetic alignment, year, fertility
- Human Design (I Ching) Moon position – Gate 58 Line 4 Focusing describes the ability to determine the correct influence or path
- Astro Moon position – Capricorn – self-discipline is increased today as is the need for rules and regulations. Playtime is over and it’s time to get down to work.
The need for self-discipline and focus is strong today and the energy is there to accomplish much if we take the time to allow for the greater awareness of the overall picture to influence our process. The potential is there for transformation so balance both inner and outer awareness.
Thursday, 20 February
- Numerology – 20/2 – duality, polarity, balance, reason, causation, Dyad, Beth, Beta, Moon, Aquarius
- Day – Thursday is governed by Jupiter and involves expansion and benevolence
- Rune – Sowilo (16) – Fire element, will, Spirit, energy, self-confidence, healing, Higher Self, illumination, the link between Spirit and form
- Human Design (I Ching) Moon position – Gate 54 Line 5 Magnanimitysuggesting a natural authority that as long as it’s left unchallenged allows for positive relationships with those in a lesser position. In other words, magnanimity that’s conditional.
- Astro Moon position – Capricorn until Aquarius at 11:42 AM PST indicating a transition between a self-disciplined focus and one that is more unconventional. Structure versus independence.
We have an Aquarian alignment between the two numerology and the Moon’s position in the late morning strengthening our need for an individual approach. If that’s an extension to the more disciplined approach from the past two days, we may be ready to take a more creative approach.
Friday, 21 February
- Numerology – 21/3 – catalyst, triple aspects, mind/body/Spirit, imagination, Jupiter, Capricorn, Triad, Gimel, Gamma, the middle, analogy, past/present/future, Hecate, triangle, Norns, Aum
- Day – Friday is governed by Venus and involves love, balance, and harmony
- Rune – Dagaz (23) – Water element, new day, dawn, endings and beginnings, conclusion, daylight, awakening, all doors open, all options available
- Human Design (I Ching) Moon position – Gate 41 Line 1 Reasonablenessdescribes effective delegation of authority
- Astro Moon position – Aquarius – we experience an increased desire for knowledge and interaction with like-minded people
We find our tribe today and immerse ourselves in that harmonious resonance, no matter how quirky that gets. New experiences are on the menu and it’s time to let go of inhibition and explore new horizons.
Saturday, 22 February
- Numerology – 22 – Cosmic Builder, Master Number, soul-level manifestation
- Day – Saturday is governed by Saturn and involves binding, slowing, and resistance
- Rune – Eihwaz – Air/Fire elements, the connection between opposites, as above so below, link between realms, trance work, protection
- Human Design (I Ching) Moon position – Gate 13 Line 2 Bigotry describes group relationships that restrict access to a particular group (religious, racial, etc.)
- Astro Moon position – Aquarius until Pisces at 10:37 PM PST – although this is technically another split energy day, the Moon transitions so late that we may not experience the increased emotional impact of Pisces until late in the evening or tomorrow. That said, we may go from aloof to emotional in a blink of an eye, so be ready.
With the 22 Cosmic Builder energy strongly influencing today, what we build, alliances, in particular, needs to take a humanitarian approach. Leave no one out of the experience and the blessings given and received will be profound.
Until next time…
Blessings to all!
Jan: Witch, Empath, Herbalist, Author, Reiki Master, Kenpo Black Belt, Beekeeper, and Goddess Blessed
About Jan Erickson
Jan Erickson is an empath and a witch in her Crone years. She has a BA in Psychology, and facilitated her two sons' homeschooling efforts. Jan earned her Black Belt in Kenpo Karate in 1991, after which she taught along side her husband in their dojo. Herbalism has always been a part of Jan's life, and after suffering with rheumatoid arthritis for 13 years, she became a cannabis patient and healed. Living on the High Desert of Central Oregon with her husband of 40 years, Jan writes the blog, Stepping Aside, gardens, is a mom to bees and two sons, and continues to study herbs. And in July, 2017, Jan and her husband became grandparents!
ॐ Namasté - Blessings!
© 2008-2020 crystalwind.ca. All rights reserved.
Featured Articles: Runes
Runes Open or Close
Runes are a method of divination similar to the Tarot or the I Ching. The difference is that Runes are a set of 25 stones instead of 78 cards or a set of sticks with patterns. As with the Tarot, most of the Runes may be rightside up, or up side down, the meaning differing with the case. There are also some Runes that can not appear up side down. In practice, the Runes may be made of any material; ceramic, stones, sticks, or drawn on cards.Read More
- Divination Using Runes Open or Close
Runes originated with the ancient Etruscans and were spread upwards throughout the Alpine regions to Northern Europe via the trade routes. The Germanic tribes took them and adapted them to their own needs and uses. The oldest and most widespread of the Germanic runes are the Elder Futhark or Common Germanic Runes. The word rune, which occurs in various forms in Germanic and Celtic languages, means "a mystery" or "holy secret" that is "whispered".
Runes were traditionally carved into bone, wood or stone which accounts for their angular shape. The lack of curves made it easier to create the shapes in either hard wood or stone.Read More
- Divination Using Runes Open or Close
Who is Online Now
We have 1681 guests and no members online