Category: Fantastic Food Views: 1540
A common false belief people who refuse to reduce meat consumption have is that there is no other source of protein than meat.
Not just that there is, but meat is not even considered as the best source, taking in mind the health and environmental benefits of the plant based protein sources.
Here are 18 sources of protein for people who don’t eat meat:
- Lentils – 18g of protein in 1 cup;
- Black Beans – 15g of protein in 1 cup;
- Kidney Beans – 13g of protein in 1 cup;
- Chickpeas – 12g of protein in 1 cup;
- Hemp Seeds – 11g of protein in 1/4 of a cup;
- Quinoa (cooked) – 9g of protein in 1 cup;
- Saviseeds – 9g of protein in 1oz;
- Chlorella – 7g of protein in 1tsb;
- Almond Butter – 7g of protein in 2Tbsp;
- Oatmeal – 7g of protein in 1/2 of a cup;
- Tofu – 6g of protein in 1/4 of a cup;
- Almonds – 6g of protein in 1oz;
- Spinach – 5g of protein in 1 cup;
- Brown Rice – 5g of protein in 1 cup;
- Broccoli – 4g of protein in 1 cup;
- Chia Seeds – 3g of protein in 1Tbsp;
- Hemp Milk – 2g of protein in 1 cup;
- Dried Fruit – 2g of protein in 1/4 of a cup;
ॐ Namasté - Blessings!
© 2008-2019 crystalwind.ca. All rights reserved.
The information contained on CrystalWind.ca is intended for educational and informational purposes only. Please consult with your healthcare professional before making any dietary or lifestyle changes or taking supplements that may interfere with medications. Any products or information discussed are not intended to diagnose, prevent, treat or cure any illness, disease or lifestyle.
We have 1279 guests and no members online