Category: Journeys Hits: 2489
Do plants communicate by using telepathy?
This interesting question was raised by recent research published in the Australian journal “BMC Ecology” suggesting that plants seem to react to slight noises — generated inside the cell — to talk with each other. And what does this mean for humans?
Those who believe in parapsychological phenomena, like telepathy between humans, haven’t been able to provide utter proof that the unconscious or conscious sending and receiving of mental and emotional signals called telepathy is actually possible — but even if it is, we don’t have a hint of what mechanisms would explain it.
Senior Scientist at The Institute of Noetic Sciences, Dean Radin, has suggested that quantum mechanics will provide an explanation of how telepathy works. Maybe delving deeper into the way other organisms communicate will also help us sort out the mystery of telepathy among humans.
Plants communicate through sound waves
A recent study found evidence to support the idea that plants communicate with each other through sound waves.
After observing how plants affect each other’s growth, Monica Gagliano and Michael Renton from the University of Western Australia proposed that plants communicate through sound waves (inaudible for humans) or nanomechanical oscillations, which are precisely within the realm of quantum mechanics.
Nanomechanical oscillations are vibrations on the tiniest atomic or molecular scale.
The researchers noticed that chili seeds (Capsicum annuum) grew better in a locked container in the presence of basil (Ocimum basilicum) but were hindered by the presence of fennel (Foeniculum vulgare), suggesting that the growing environment had less effect on the development of the seeds than the way plants interacted with one another.
Gagliano and Renton said that “seed germination was positively enhanced by the presence of a ‘good’ neighbor, even when the known signaling modalities were blocked, indicating that light, touch or chemical signals may not be indispensible for different plant species to sense each other’s presence.”
Gagliano had already published findings last year of corn roots producing clicking sounds in the 220-Hertz range. The article appeared in “Trends in Plant Science.” She also found that, when suspended in water, corn roots tended to lean towards vibrations of the same frequency range.
Are we all interconnected?
Some studies suggest that plants communicate with each other through vibrations.
Quantum mechanics teaches us that Earth is a sea of vibrations. Humans and animals respond to different frequencies. Even bacteria can signal one another with vibrations.
In 2011, researchers Allan Widom and colleagues from Northeastern University in Boston published findings showing that single-celled bacteria like E-Coli might communicate with each other by using radio waves. They calculated that the transition frequencies between these energy levels correspond to radio signals broadcast at 0.5, 1 and 1.5 kilohertz, same frequencies as those used in AM and FM radio transmissions.
Researchers have also discovered that bacteria can communicate by using a chemical language called “quorum sensing,” which allows them to act as a synchronized group.
The idea that plants communicate is not totally novel. In 1973, explorer Lyall Watson published “Supernature: A Natural History of the Supernatural,” where he suggested that, plants responded sympathetically when a live shrimp was thrown into boiling water.
People have been talking to plants for ages. Native Americans’ herbal medicine, for example, is based on some form of communication with plants. Bach flower remedies are also based on the capacity of a healer to communicate with the flowers and ask them to render their healing properties.
Discovery Channel’s MythBusters Tory Belleci, Kari Byron and Scottie Chapmen studied the effect of either praise or cruel insults on separate greenhouses while using another greenhouse as experimental control for two months. To their own surprise, the silent greenhouse produced lower biomass and smaller pea pods than the other two. Kind words or insults didn’t seem to make a difference, which seems to prove that it is sound the plants respond to.
Communication among plants mediated by light, chemicals
Studies suggest that plants communicate.
Plants can also react to light, and some use allelopathy to communicate with each other.
First used in 1937 by Austrian professor Hans Molisch, the term allelopathy describes a biological mechanism by which one organism produces chemical substances that influence the growth, survival and reproduction of another organism. Chemicals released into the soil or air by roots or leaves may alert other trees that it’s been eaten so that the others can speed up their production of chemical defenses. Allelopathy is found not only among plants, but also among bacteria and fungi.
Bielefeld University Professor Dr. Olaf Kruse and his team published, last year, in “Nature Communications” that green algae can draw energy from photosynthesis and from other plants.
If this type of communication through light, chemicals or sound waves cannot be called telepathy, then maybe it will still ignite the imagination of those who believe that we’re all connected in pretty much the same fashion as the planetary brain depicted in the “Avatar” movie. In Pandora, the conquered moon, there is a vast neural network through which the humanoids Na’vi and other beings can connect. You might remember seeing the image of interconnected plant roots rapidly exchanging information.
In planet Earth, as we now know, entire forests are indeed interconnected by networks of underground fungi (Mycorrhizae). Would it sound too off to imagine that plants might be using acoustic signals to transmit information through this web?
Psychologist and energy healer Dr. Olivia Bader-Lee thinks that the result of these experiments with plants will also confirm that humans can share some form of energy.
“The human organism is very much like a plant,” she said. “It draws needed energy to feed emotional states, and this can essentially energize cells or cause increases in cortisol and catabolize cells depending on the emotional trigger.”
ॐ Namasté - Blessings!
© 2008-2019 crystalwind.ca. All rights reserved.
Archive: Andels Journeys
- 2019 (5)
- 2018 (18)
- December (2)
- November (1)
- October (1)
- September (2)
- August (1)
- July (1)
- June (1)
- May (3)
- April (1)
- March (1)
- February (1)
- January (3)
- 2017 (40)
- December (1)
- November (5)
- October (2)
- September (3)
- August (5)
- July (3)
- June (8)
- • The Trap of Righteousness
- • The Commercialization of Spirituality - A Multi-Billion Dollar Corporate Takeover!
- • Loneliness
- • The Masks Are Coming Off - Unveiling False Teachers
- • The Dynamics Of Fear In Fear Inducing Times
- • 10 “Spiritual” Things People Do That Are Total Bullshit
- • Karma Teaches Jerks A Valuable Lesson In Life
- • Is The New Spirituality Just A Trend?
- May (4)
- April (2)
- March (2)
- February (3)
- January (2)
- 2016 (29)
- December (5)
- November (3)
- October (3)
- August (1)
- June (1)
- May (1)
- April (3)
- March (3)
- February (3)
- January (6)
- • My Pleasure
- • Vancouver Man With Stomach Cancer Is Selling Unconditional Love On Craigslist For $0
- • Carefree People Don’t Have Attachments - Here Are 25 Reasons Why
- • Are Family Members Toxic? 10 Things to Remember
- • The World As We Know It Has Changed And There Is No Going Back To What We Were - 6 Predictions
- • How To Get More Energy: 8 New Secrets Backed By Research
- 2015 (50)
- December (4)
- November (6)
- • Neutrality — The Gateway To Transcend The Matrix
- • Soul and Personality
- • Dalai Lama on Paris & Syria – A Message for Peace
- • Know Yourself. Heal. Self-Liberate. Experiment. Build Community.
- • Groundbreaking Discovery: Man Solves Tesla’s Secret To Amplifying Power By Nearly 5000%
- • Johnny Depp Intends To Buy Site Of Wounded Knee Massacre And Gift It Back To The Native American People
- October (10)
- • Waking Up The Goddess: Where Men Meet Women
- • Why we cry
- • You’re Not Wrong
- • Canada’s New PM Issues Challenge to US – “We’re Ending Wars and Legalizing Pot”
- • Meet the USA's First School District to Serve 100% Organic Meals
- • Going Through Shadows: The Vortex Of Transformation.
- • The Rise of Lowsumerism
- • There is something extraordinary happening in the world
- • Three Ways Canadian Thanksgiving Differs From American Thanksgiving
- • Leonardo DiCaprio - Bring Down Big Oil Corporations
- September (3)
- August (2)
- July (2)
- June (6)
- May (5)
- April (2)
- March (1)
- February (5)
- January (4)
- 2014 (56)
- December (2)
- November (4)
- October (4)
- September (5)
- • Water on Earth predates Sun, meaning our life originated elsewhere – study
- • Buffalo Treaty: Native tribes sign bison revival plan in US and Canada
- • US to pay largest Native American nation $554 million in landmark settlement
- • Being Vegan and Raw Vegan Lifestyle
- • New Experiment Will Answer Some Mind-Bending Questions On Whether We Live In a Hologram
- August (3)
- July (3)
- June (4)
- May (2)
- April (3)
- March (7)
- • Spring Into the Adventure! How the Symbolism of Frogs Can Support Us Through Change
- • The Gateways Are As Open As You Are
- • Shifting Seasons And Time…..
- • Marching Forward
- • Stanford Physicist: Vast, Powerful Realm Between Particles Influenced by Human Consciousness
- • We Are Living In The Most Important Time In The History Of The Universe - Dolores Cannon Discusses Our Current Paradigm
- • Creating A Path Where There Is None
- February (9)
- • February Update
- • Finding Direction When You Feel Lost
- • How Our Narratives Inform Our Hopes for Change
- • Electromagnetic and Radio Frequency Mitigation
- • The Alchemy of Responsible Reflection
- • How You Attract Information In A Vibrational Universe
- • 'You shall not pass!' Native American groups vow to block Keystone XL pipeline
- • Architecture of the Light
- • Meeting Our Past Selves Outside Of Time
- January (10)
- • Journey to the Enchanted Forest – Your New Moon & New Year Power Animal Awaits
- • Year of the Horse is Upon Us – Ready, Set, Go!
- • The 118 Days of Creation
- • How Much Are You Filtering Your Truth? – Image Alterations Aren't Just For Big Media Anymore
- • Eight Signs You May Be Experiencing a Spiritual Awakening
- • 13 Signs You’re a Witch
- • How To Tell If You Had A Past Life In Atlantis
- • How Do I Know If It’s My Soul or My Ego Talking?
- • The Baby and the Bath Water
- • The Foundation for All Healing
- 2013 (102)
- December (12)
- • Activate Your Creative Power With Conscious Intention
- • Riding the Train of Life – Symbolism to Navigate the Tracks of Your Journey
- • Are We the Makers of Our Own Fate?
- • Lighting Your Truth to Freedom, Passion & Inspired Leadership – Closing Chapter 2013 to Write Chapter 2014′s Lively & Instinctual Year of the Horse
- • The Power of a Poor Night’s Sleep
- • Why Entrepreneurship Is A Spiritual Expression Of Freedom
- • Death and Dying from a Shamanic Perspective
- • Sliding Home For Christmas
- • The Solstice Vibe
- • You’re Only As Strong As Your Weakest Link But As Wise As Your Strongest
- • The Speed of Infinity
- • World Aids Day – December 1st
- November (29)
- • The Courage To Live Box Less -- Getting Outside The Label Labyrinth
- • The Quantum Leap Ascension Process
- • Toronto Named Most Youth Friendly City
- • Thanksgiving Day Recalibration
- • Stop Looking And See
- • Getting the Doomsday Hunger?
- • What I Hope to Be Next Year
- • At The Point of No Return
- • The Faery Referral Network
- • Thoughts on Compassion and Detachment
- • Top Ten Myths About Being a Psychic/Healer
- • Tell the “Lords” of Karma That You Are Sovereign – No Longer a Lightworker Part 2
- • Where New JFK Evidence Points - 50 Years Later + Videos
- • 3 Reasons Why It’s Better to NOT Manifest a Soul Mate Relationship
- • 10 Tycoons Who Meditate Daily To Keep Up With Their Hectic Business Life
- • Why We Should Rethink What We've Been Told About Consciousness
- • The Value of “Sloth” – Expanding Our Perceptions for Greater Wisdom
- • Why Your Voice Matters and How To Get Heard
- • Breaking the Barriers of Belief
- • Stop Being "Positive" & Start Getting Real (Joy) In Your Life
- • Are We Living in the Matrix?
- • Is the Sharing Economy Here Yet?
- • Find Your Power in Self-Sufficiency
- • Heads Up
- • Plants Exhibit The Same Senses As Humans And See, Touch, Smell, Hear and Even Taste
- • Healing The Wound(s) Within The Heart Chakra
- • True or False? I Am Perfect Just As I Am
- • Indigenous Elders and Medicine Peoples Council Statement on Fukushima
- • A Phoenix Rising - A Recommended Read
- October (18)
- • 20 Good Reasons to Have Clear Personal Boundaries
- • Let Go of Who You Are to Become What You Might Be
- • How to Be Happy: The 10-Day Happiness Challenge
- • The Law of Assumption
- • A Message from the Faeries
- • New Device Stores Electricity On Silicon Chips
- • The NAME
- • 6 Big Excuses That Can Derail Your Life
- • A Clean Break
- • An Original Blueprint
- • Your Angry Voice Demolishes Your Brilliant Argument
- • Where the Action Is NOW– Relationships
- • Homo Luminous: The New Human
- • The Two New Humanities
- • How Do I Discern the Real from False?
- • Walking on Sacred Ground
- • Not All Have Halos
- • AGAIN, Remember Who You Are
- September (14)
- • Be Careful of How You Use Words!
- • Frequency Gates – What The Heck Are They?
- • Following Our Joy to Find Freedom
- • You`ve Been Warned: Why You Need To Be Ready for Total Grid Failure
- • Spirituality and Ethics in Business
- • Life – The Projection From Within
- • 10 Ways to Shift Your Consciousness
- • The Fall Inside
- • Fall Equinox-The Gate Closes
- • Self Honesty May Deepen the Bliss Into Actualization and Full Embodiment
- • Changing Dynamics of Relationships
- • Biophotons
- • Autumn Equinox 2013 Cosmic Weather Forecast
- • Autumn Equinox: The Archangel Michael Meditation
- August (4)
- July (4)
- June (3)
- May (11)
- • How Gratitude Can Help You Through Hard Times
- • The World of Opposites: A New Take
- • The God Gene
- • Souls of Animals
- • What If Television News Disappeared?
- • Every Warrior’s Achilles Heel
- • Building Your Spiritual Muscles
- • Transmuting Collective Human Consciousness By Channeling Light
- • Is DMT the Gateway to Hell?
- • Science Finds Fountain of Youth Brain Region That Slows Down Aging
- • Remember The Power Of The Voice
- April (6)
- March (1)
- December (12)