Category: Moon Cycles Views: 2277
Full Moon is Sunday, April 29 at 6:58PM Mountain Daylight Time (MDT)
This is an intense full moon with energy similar to an eclipse. It is an extremely important time to be mindful of your reactions and to take responsibility for them. If you are triggered in any way, you have an opportunity to look at those deep patterns that may be coming to the surface and work through them with focused and disciplined intention. Get help if you need it.
On the other side of this personal inner crisis energy is the support for expansion and the possibility of moving into something new and different. This is also a good day for gratitude and honor as you celebrate all of your accomplishments up to this point in your life without being attached to how they have defined you. Allow this full moon to support you in creating new intentions for redefining who you are.
Scorpio Full Moon
Sun in Taurus ~ Moon in Scorpio 9º
Sunday, April 29, 6:58 PM Mountain Daylight Time
(Monday, April 30 12:58 AM Greenwich Mean Time)
Scorpio’s Full Moon gifts can be plentiful ~ alignment with the feminine mysteries, diving deep, dying to the past, finding renewal, and powerful life force energy releasing when shadowy subconscious material is brought into the light where it can be named. These are gifts we may be challenged to receive this Full Moon. Where Scorpio, Pluto and the 8th house live is where your shamanic abilities to engage the invisible world lie.
This Moon that is the culmination of all that was set in motion at the Aries New Moon is acknowledging us for the steps we have taken towards breaking free and stepping up. We have completed the first of three Mercury retrogrades in the fire signs. We are learning to honor our own divinity while relinquishing what cannot be controlled. The chart here, especially seen in the aspects, asks for significant adjustments, adaptation, regrouping to include who and what doesn’t quite go down easily, resolution of stressful situations, swallowing your pride and man upping with apologies and taking steps to act in a new way. Scorpio and Pluto are powerful medicines asking everything of you before granting the joy of rebirth.
We bow to the previous Aries New Moon as we reach culmination here at Full Moon for the experiences we have undertaken, crisis overcome and commitments we have made towards breaking free and stepping up.
The Taurus Sun and Scorpio Moon are squaring the North and South Nodes (Leo/Aquarius) within a degree forming a Grand Square in fixed signs ~ aligning all the fixed, power signs at cross purposes generally known to be a difficult array and causing stressful events. Involving the Nodes suggests it’s a growth process for us where we need to let go, draw on skills we have attained, and take steps on that edgy new path (sucking up the growing pains we encounter).
North Node in Leo is exactly conjunct asteroid Ceres, so our basic bonding with parents where our self worth has its fundamental roots is our point of growth here. How we nurture our own hearts, how we can step into the power of self love, and recognize our divine origins will measure how well we can love another as our self in another form.
The ruler of the Full Moon is Pluto, but also Mars. Mars was the traditional ruler of Scorpio until Pluto was discovered in 1930 and given rulership over Scorpio. And notably, Pluto and Mars are closely conjunct in Capricorn. Mars loves the discipline and focus of Capricorn and is exalted there. Pluto/Mars are in a special creative aspect, a quintile or 72º relationship to the Full Moon, so we have a portal, if activated by our intentions and rituals, focused on the Moon to connect deeply with the mysteries that this emissary of the feminine, water power sign Moon holds. Call up the source of your creativity, fertility, and powers to destroy what you have created in the past and dance with your ability to heal yourself from the cellular to the cosmic levels. This Scorpio Moon is rich, warm, deep and powerful asking you to go out into the night and return renewed and refreshed having touched something deep inside yourself that nourishes beyond the needs of the body.
Call on your ancestors. With Vesta, representing that part of ourselves that we hold sacred and dedicate to a higher calling, Saturn, Pluto and Mars all in Capricorn, our elders, ancestors and wise ones are waiting to be called on to support us. Mars has been given the mission of activating the powerful forces of Saturn’s discipline and experienced wisdom geometrically stronger being in its own sign as well as Pluto’s ruthless transformative force to eliminate stagnation. Call on your ancestors, your allies, your guides to stand with you at this great shifting time. Learn to ask for help. Tremendous support is available to you for the asking from the invisible world.
Earlier in this week, Pluto has turned retrograde for the next six months; it’s powerfully at standstill now at 21º Capricorn. Here is an invitation to come and sit under the Tree of Life with your own inner elder and be taught by your own inner shaman.
Chiron entered a new sign this week for the next seven or so years. Now at 0º Aries the powerful point of new beginnings, it is welcomed by Juno 0º Aries, asteroid of intimacy and committed relationship and where in weakened expression, we give away our power to another. Your intimate commitments may be under scrutiny and tested at this Full Moon. Chiron will be taking us on a new healing journey with our masculine energies symbolized by Aries. We will explore our freedom, our courage, and deepen our self-awareness. Chiron will also retrograde in a couple of months to clear up any unfinished business in Pisces. Chiron’s purpose is to transform our wounds into wisdom so we can be present for others, to mentor and teach, and to bring us into holistic alignment with our body, mind and spirit utilizing earth based medicine from the plant and animal worlds.
‘There is always help along the way’ wise ones have shared, and this Full Moon is no exception. Who shall we look to?
Saturn at 9º Capricorn offers a channel to diffuse the lockdown of the Grand Square in the fixed power signs (Taurus, Scorpio, Leo, Aquarius all 9º). Saturn trines the Sun and sextiles the Moon – both aspects of ease and opportunity. We can look to Saturn’s long view of time remembering we are moving through a long, multi-year period of major transformation here on our planet. We can lean into Saturn’s patience and propensity for order and discipline as a way to deal with the chaos that is arising – both inner and outer. With Saturn trine the Sun in earth signs, it points to getting your life in order on the physical plane, taking those steps that give you peace of mind and stability in your day to day life and free you up to move on your creative ambitions. Keep your physical body well grounded to better process the frequencies that are bombarding you and keep you out of mental spin.
Mercury in fiery Aries is also in a helping position to the Grand Square created by the Sun/Moon and North/South Nodes. Mercury, our communicating and networking ally keeping us mentally objective and neutral, trines the North Node and sextiles the South Node. Here we are helped to learn new ways of communicating our truth to others, and we are able to let go of our fixed positions as we share our personal truth.
Finally, Neptune in Pisces 15º trines both the Full Moon in Scorpio and nearby Jupiter giving us the watery ruled emotional resources we need to turn this challenge of a Grand Square in to nourishment for our spiritual growth as we continue to use forgiveness, acceptance and surrender for ourselves and others. We learn with each turning of the Moon to hold our lives as a choice. Which will it be here? Crisis or Opportunity?
The following are in Mountain Daylight Time (MDT):
- 05/15 Taurus New Moon 24º 5:48 AM MDT
- Uranus enters Taurus 9:23 AM
- Mars enters Aquarius 10:55 PM
- 05/20 Sun enters Gemini 8:14 PM
- 05/29 Sagittarius Full Moon 8º 8:20 AM
Image by CrystalWind.ca
Lena is an internationally known teacher and shamanic practitioner. She apprenticed for 10 years with a Huichol Shaman from Mexico and has studied cross cultural shamanic healing from numerous traditions including the Amazon basin, Native American, Northern European and Siberian. Lena has taught and worked with individuals, groups, businesses and communities for the past 25 years, helping to bring shamanic nature based wisdom back into people's lives. One of her specialities is the woven song tradition of the Shipibo tribe in the Peruvian Amazon, the singing of Icaros or healing songs. The individual healing work with these energy patterns through song and other shamanic techniques has had a powerful impact on her clients. Lena is the co-author of the "Secrets of Shamanism, How to Tap the Spirit Power Within" and a contributor to "The Power Path". Along with husband and partner Jose, she is the co-founder and one of the primary instructors of Power Path Seminars and the School of Shamanism.
ॐ Namasté - Blessings!
© 2008-2019 crystalwind.ca. All rights reserved.
Current Moon Cycles Videos
Archive: Moon Cycles
- 2019 (38)
- July (3)
- June (6)
- May (3)
- April (6)
- March (7)
- February (5)
- January (8)
- • New Moon 4 February 2019 - Hope and Goodwill
- • Full Moon Update 1-20-19
- • The Spiritual Impact The Leo Full Moon And Total Lunar Eclipse Are Bringing
- • Lunar Eclipse 21 January 2019 - Change and Opportunity
- • The Spiritual Impact Of The New Moon in Capricorn With Solar Eclipse
- • The Partial Solar Eclipse On Jan 5th/6th - In Relationships!
- • Solar Eclipse 5 January 2019 - Big Business
- • New Moon/Eclipse Update 1-5-19
- 2018 (87)
- December (5)
- November (6)
- October (7)
- • New Moon 7 November 2018 - Say Sorry and Move On
- • Full Moon Update 10-24-18
- • The Spiritual Influence The Full Moon In Taurus Will Bring
- • Full Moon 24 October 2018 - Unexpected Love
- • New Moon Update 10-8-18
- • The Spiritual Influence The Upcoming Libra New Moon Is Providing
- • New Moon 8 October 2018 - Transformation
- September (9)
- • The Full Moon in Aries - in Relationships
- • Equinox - Aries Full Moon Update
- • The Spiritual Impact The Aries Full Moon Is Promising
- • Full Moon 24 September 2018 - Overcome Your Fears
- • New Moon Update 9-9-18
- • 9th September 2018: New Moon in Virgo
- • The New Moon in Virgo on Sept 9th in Relationships
- • New Moon 9 September 2018 - Opportunity and Success
- • The Spiritual Influence Of The Virgo New Moon Energies
- August (5)
- July (8)
- • Teachings From The Aquarius Full Moon For The Golden Age Of Aquarius
- • Full Moon Eclipse Update 7-27-18
- • The Spiritual Impact Of The Aquarius Full Moon And Total Lunar Eclipse
- • Full Moon Lunar Eclipse in Aquarius, July 27, 2018 ~ Conscious Release
- • Moon Names
- • New Moon Update 7-12-18
- • The Spiritual Powers Of The Cancer New Moon & Partial Solar Eclipse
- • Friday 13th July New Moon - Sirius Isis Alignment
- June (9)
- • Enjoying The Blessings Of The Upcoming Capricorn Full Moon
- • Full Moon Update 6-27-18
- • Lunar Eclipse 27 July 2018 - Blood Moon
- • Full Moon 28 June 2018 - Break Free
- • New Moon Update 6-13-18
- • The Spiritual Powers Of The Gemini New Moon Energy Field
- • New Moon in Gemini, June 13th, 2018 ~ Quantum Shifts in Consciousness
- • New Moon 13 June 2018 - Lucky Stars
- • The Meaning Of The Moon Phase Of Your Birthday
- May (6)
- April (10)
- • The Full Moon in Scorpio and Relationships
- • Full Moon in Scorpio, April 30, 2018 - Exhumed
- • Full Moon Update 4-29-18
- • The Spiritual Influence The Full Moon In Scorpio Will Bring
- • Full Moon 29 April 2018 - Final Success
- • The New Moon In Aries Conjunct Uranus In Relationships
- • New Moon Update 4-15-18
- • New Moon in Aries, April 15, 2018 ~ A Catalyst for Change
- • The Spiritual Influence The Upcoming Aries New Moon Is Providing
- • New Moon 15 April 2018 - A New Day
- March (8)
- • Full Moon Update 3-31-18
- • How The Libra Full Moon Energies Are Influencing Our Life
- • Blue Moon 31 March 2018 – Full Moon Blues
- • Some Brief Notes On The New Moon In Pisces
- • New Moon Update 3-17-18
- • The Spiritual Influence Of The Pisces New Moon Energies
- • New Moon 17 March 2018 - Sexual Healing
- • Tonight Is The Full Crow Moon In Virgo - Get Ready For A Major Energy Shift!
- February (6)
- January (8)
- • Blood Super Moon Lunar Eclipse 31.1.18
- • 31st Jan 2018: Lunar Eclipse in Leo
- • Full Moon Update 1-31-18
- • The Spiritual Influence This Leo Full Moon And Lunar Eclipse Have On Us
- • Lunar Eclipse 31 January 2018 - Super Woman
- • New Moon in Capricorn - Onwards!
- • New Moon in Capricorn, January 16/17, 2018 ~ Becoming Masters of New Earth
- • Understanding The Energies Field Of The Capricorn New Moon
- 2017 (1)
- March (1)
- 2015 (1)
- 2014 (4)
- November (1)
- October (2)
- April (1)
- 2013 (1)
- September (1)
- 2012 (1)
- July (1)