This article was posted by CrystalWind.ca.
How To Cure Kidney Stones With Yoga? Symptoms, Treatment & Precautions
Category: Yoga Written by Himanshu Joshi
Kidney stones occur due to metabolic and dietary imbalance in the body and reflect disturbances of the body’s fluid and acid balance. Under different conditions, various substances precipitate out of the urine and form sludge, sediment, gravel or large stones. Sediments or even stones may pass in the urine, accompanied by severe pain and blood.
Types of Kidney stones
There are three most common forms of kidney stones:-
- Oxalate stones are likely to occur with persistently concentrated urine and some people assume that a diet including to much oxalic acid enriched foods is necessary for stone formation. Such foods are spinach, tomatoes, rhubarb, etc. but this is yet to be scientifically proven.
- Calcium or phosphate stones are large and staghorn shaped. They may form rapidly under excessively alkaline conditions, or where there is a disturbance of calcium metabolism. This could occur due to imbalance of the parathyroid glands, excess of calcium food such as milk, or where calcium is being mobilized into the circulation from the bones of the skeleton.
- Uric acid and urate stones may form due to acidic conditions, for example, where a diet too rich in protein sources such as meat, fish and eggs is being consumed.
Yogic management of Kidney stones
Kidney stone formation can be prevented and old stones and urinary sediments removed by adopting the following yogic management program and general recommendations. Those who have suffered a prior bout of mild or severe renal pain or have recurring bouts are advised to adopt this program in order to prevent further recurrences of the condition. Large stones, however, may prove to be a difficult therapeutic problem and if yoga fails to bring relief, surgery may have to be considered.
- Surya namaskara: Up to six rounds.
- Asana : Trilkosana, vajrasana, marjari-asana, vyaghrasana, supta vajrasana, ushtrasana, shalabhasana, naukasana, tadasana, kati chakrasana, merudandasana, udarakarshanasana.
- Pranayama : Bhastrika with bandhas.
- Mudra and bandha : Pashinee mudra and yoga mudra, moola bandha, vajroli mudra, uddiyana bandha.
- Shatkarma : Agnisar kriya or nauli practiced daily. Shankhaprakshalana in an ashram environment. Laghoo shankhaprshalana once a week.
- Relaxation : Yoga nidra and abdominal breath awareness.
- Meditation : Ajpa japa, nada yoga.
- Diet : A fresh wholesome natural diet is recommended. Fruit, juices and lightly cooked succulent vegetables are recommended to alkalinize the urine. Avoid or reduce the intake of meat, eggs, fish and milk products as they produce uric acids wastes in high concentration. Avoid acid forming foods and highly refined flour and sugar products such as cakes, sweets, biscuits etc. Restrict the intake of tomatoes and spinach, which are high in oxalic acid. Decrease the intake of salt. Try to drink at least four litres of water per day, especially in the summer months. It is claimed that pears can dissolve kidney stones if up to a dozen are consumed per day.
- Fasting : In conjunction with increased water intake fasting is highly recommended in order to flush, cleanse and purify a sluggish urinary system.
- A short walk each day is recommended, particularly after the evening meal.
- Try to get some outdoor exercise at least once or twice a week.
- Parsley tea is said to be very beneficial. Take a small glassful every three hours.
The information and exercises provided within this web site are to be used at your own discretion and under professional guidance. They are not offered as a replacement or substitute for professional medical advice or treatment. Not all exercises are suitable for everyone, and making use of this or any other exercise program may result in injury. If you believe that you may suffer from a physical or emotional impairment, we strongly recommend that you seek advice from a licensed health care professional before embarking on this or any other exercise program. CrystalWind.ca, and its principals, producers, participants, distributors and other servants disclaim any liability or loss in connection with any information or exercises contained in or demonstrated on or via this website, or from the adoption of any instruction or advice expressed therein.
#1 Best Yoga School in Rishikesh|
Himalayan Yoga Association, Gulab Nagar, Tapovan, Rishikesh, Uttarakhand, India, 249192 Contact – +91-9760206223
All post and information provided within this blog is for educational and informational purposes only, and is not to be construed as medical advice or instruction. No action should be taken solely on the contents of this website. Please consult with your healthcare professional before making any dietary or lifestyle changes or taking supplements that may interfere with medications. Any products or information discussed are not intended to diagnose, prevent, treat or cure any illness, disease or lifestyle. Please consult your physician or a qualified health professional on any matters regarding your health and wellbeing or on any opinions expressed within this website.
Spirit Animal Totem Of The Day!
Crystal Of The Day!
The Crystal Wind Oracle
Myth & Magic Card Deck!
Printed & Boxed!
Now with 58 cards!
Who is Online Now
We have 2099 guests and no members online
Featured This Month
The Crystal Wind Oracle Card Deck
The Crystal Wind Oracle™ The Crystal Wind Oracle Myth & Magic Card D... Read more
Birth Totem - Falcon
Birth Totem Falcon Birth dates: March 21 – April 19 Birth Totem is: Falcon... Read more
The Emotional Balancer Stone Green Aventurine is perhaps the best balancing... Read more
Aries Spiritual Stone - Eudialyte
Eudialyte Birthstone: Aries Planet: Mars Element: Fire Chakra: Heart E... Read more
The Time of No Time: Beltane!
Around the medicine wheel of life we go, from season to season (solstice to ... Read more
Budding Trees Moon
Red Hawk - Fire Opal - Dandelion - Yellow March 21 – April 19 The Budding Tr... Read more
The Mythology of Aries First things first, when referring to the mythology ... Read more
The Blood Energizer Stone The combined colours of bloodstone allow it to fu... Read more
Bright Beltane Blessings!
The wheel turns to Beltane, also known as Mayday, marking the beginning of S... Read more
Sun in Aries
Aries March 21 through April 20 An Overview of Sun Sign Characteristics for A... Read more