Category: Inspired Mind Written by Michelle Maros Hits: 1527
I like to describe myself as a student of life. I always desire to learn, grow, expand, and explore; and part of what I think my purpose in life is, to pass along this knowledge to all of you.
As a student of life, I am not perfect. I try to practice what I preach, but being human, I slip up or fall back. I need my consistent reminders and my positive reinforcements just like anyone else.
With all of this being said, up until this point in my journey, there are five core ideas that have really helped me live my own authentic life, serving my highest and greatest good. Think of this week’s message as a “super blog” if you will, as I’ll dish up what I believe to be the five best things I’ve learned while on this spiritual practice.
1.Cultivate your ability to trust, accept, and surrender. This has personally been my biggest lesson, so it is always in the back of my mind. We know we cannot control what happens to us in life. We cannot manipulate, force, or pressure anything into happening. In a lot of instances, I’ve learned this lesson the hard way and now I am a “trust junkie.”
2. Make yourself your priority. A tough one for many, but so important. You are the only “you” you have. How can you expect to live the amazing life you were born to live when you aren’t feeling your best? Mentally, physically, spiritually, emotionally, take care of yourself. You’ll have so much more to give to the world when you are your priority.
3. Get out of your own way! Life is what we make of it, and so many times we create the havoc we so desire to let go of. Our anxious thoughts, mindless actions, and urgencies to please others can create confusing, stressful ways of existence. Take yourself out of the equation in this way, and do the work that you can to set yourself up for success. Incorporate healthy habits, find balance and stillness, do your best and be your best.
4. Don’t compare – like ever. Maybe my second biggest lesson, and one that I still struggle with on a daily basis. Theodore Roosevelt’s quote, “Comparison is the thief of joy” could not be any more true. No matter what arena, comparison is just a joy killer. Just don’t do it. Find something to bring your mind to if you begin to compare yourself to anyone else in this world. We are all so different and magnificent in our own ways. How can it conceivably make sense to compare yourself to another person? Coming back to lesson number one, trust that whoever you are is enough. You do you, and let everyone and everything else be as they are.
5. Be compassionate and loving as often as you can. We never really know what is going on in the lives of others. Do whatever you can to lift someone up rather than bring them down. From loved ones to strangers, treat each person as you would like to be treated. Be the ray of sunshine in someone else’s day.
Just when you thought I was all done for this week’s blog, fear not, I have a bonus! The sixth and super important thing to remember is…
6. Never underestimate the power of silence and stillness. Mindfulness, awareness, purposefulness, positivity, all stem from being still. When in doubt, sit with yourself in silence, focusing on your breath, and see what happens.
I hope these six lessons are as meaningful and helpful for you as they are for me. Let me know your thoughts! What are some lessons that really work and inspire you?
ॐ Namasté - Blessings!
© 2008-2018 crystalwind.ca. All rights reserved.
Archive: Inspired Mind
- 2019 (8)
- 2018 (92)
- December (5)
- November (4)
- October (8)
- September (9)
- • The 5 Best Pieces of Advice I’ve Received
- • Is There An End Game?
- • How Traveling Makes You A Better Person
- • 5 Things to Stop Doing Right Now
- • My Day Talking Kindness To Young Children
- • Celebrating Life through Love
- • 4 Habits That Add Stress to Your Life
- • Autumn Reflections
- • 6 Things to Remember When Hurting
- August (6)
- July (4)
- June (5)
- May (9)
- • 5 Misconceptions of Living a Conscious Life
- • Remembering Our Shared Humanity
- • Manifesting Your Dreams
- • Releasing Distractions and Finding Focus
- • How Forgiveness Sets the Prisoner Free
- • Having Love & Respect In Our Relationships
- • Stop Over-Depending on Others and Seeking Their Approval: How to Set Yourself Free
- • 4 Mind Games to Stop Playing for More Energy and Confidence
- • Spiritual and Energy Tools To Help With De-Addiction
- April (8)
- March (14)
- • The Best Path is Your Own
- • Hello, Friends! Do You Know Your Life Purpose?
- • Sleep Hypnosis for Mind, Body & Soul Cleansing
- • The Super Human, Super Consciousness Experience...
- • Reminders to Release Comparison and Competition
- • Sleep Hypnosis to Become Your Ideal Self
- • Earth Day Tips: Seven Ways to Save Energy, Planet, and Money
- • What It Means To Live In A Reality Of Necessary Distractions
- • What I Learned After Years of Going Against My Intuition
- • Reduce Anxiety: Sleep Hypnosis to Reduce & Reverse Anxiety
- • Calling All Trailblazers
- • A Powerful Practice for Healing & Forgiveness
- • Therapeutic Journaling: How to Use Journaling to Help Solve Life’s Biggest Challenges
- • Visualising Illness into Wellness
- February (10)
- • How I Transformed My Relationship with Fear
- • Creating A Successful, Future Version Of Yourself
- • Why Do We Have Resistance To Change
- • 7 Powerful Tips to Help You Become Fearless
- • Answer Your Heart’s Wake-up Calls With More Love And Less Fear
- • Lessons in Vulnerability
- • What I Wish I’d Known Before An Unexpected Loss
- • Day Dreamer
- • My Favorite Reminder to Help Relieve Anxiety
- • The Long Journey from Having, to Doing, to Being
- January (10)
- • 6 Things You Should Never Share With Other People
- • Remembering the Importance of Play
- • 22 Things That Have Become a Norm Since 2012
- • The 4 Benefits of Setting Healthy Boundaries
- • 6 Techniques to Stop Worrying
- • Working with Shame
- • Managing the Monkey Mind
- • New Beginnings with Love
- • Reconciling With The Divine Masculine In Us & Making Peace With Masculine Energies
- • By Doing What You Love, Success Will Follow
- 2016 (1)
- October (1)
- 2012 (1)
- August (1)
- 2011 (2)
- 2010 (1)
- 2009 (4)