Category: Inspired Mind Hits: 1650
This week I had a moment that brought me to an unexpected halt. I had been working myself hard to achieve some of my goals, and I felt some pressure with some deadlines to maintain a high level of productivity. Inside of me, I felt strong feelings to push through my own resistance to keep up with these things that were expected of me, and I felt incredibly frustrated, unclear, and drained. I got caught up in a belief that I must always be going, doing, being, and creating, and that I must always be on my A-game.
As you might be able to guess, living at that high level of productivity isn’t quite sustainable and so, mentally, physically, and emotionally I was completely tapped. I was feeling out of my creative flow, mentally, blocked, and exhausted. Upon recognizing that I had reached my limits, I came back home to myself and immediately became aware that I needed a break. My brain was begging for a pause. My body. My soul too. I needed time to just breathe and take some healthy, conscious space.
Have you noticed that It can feel really uncomfortable for us to take breaks?
What will happen in that space of nothingness?
Will I let people down?
Will I fall behind? Will someone else surpass me? Will I be forgotten?
Will I lose my creative flow? Will I not start back up again?
These are some of the questions I thought to myself when resisting taking a break. And the answer to all of them is a simple and meaningful no.
Taking breaks, creating spaces, taking pauses in life are a crucial, critical part of our self-care and self-preservation practices. Taking a moment of pause before starting again is regeneration and renewal. Giving yourself the gift of time and space cultivates creativity. Personal time solidifies the strong foundation we have from within to shine as bright as we can.
Taking breaks doesn’t always come easy to us, so I want to gently and confidently remind you that it’s okay. Breaks are allowed, and often it is necessary to pause, take a break, and start again.
Breaks can come in many forms and circumstances, and if you’re feeling called to pause, I hope you honor it, and remember…
…it’s okay to take a break from your work
…it’s okay to take a break from a relationship
…it’s okay to take space from someone who you love
…it’s okay to take a break from your creative passions
…it’s okay to take a break during busy days
…it’s okay to take a break from your physical routine and diet
…it’s okay to take a break from your social calendar
…it’s okay to take a break and just be
This week, I commit to taking a break from stressing about my writing. If you feel called to share, what will you consciously take a break from this week?
Let’s keep the conversation going in the comments!
ॐ Namasté - Blessings!
© 2008-2019 crystalwind.ca. All rights reserved.
Archive: Inspired Mind
- 2019 (23)
- June (3)
- May (3)
- April (4)
- March (4)
- February (2)
- January (7)
- 2018 (92)
- December (5)
- November (4)
- October (8)
- September (9)
- • The 5 Best Pieces of Advice I’ve Received
- • Is There An End Game?
- • How Traveling Makes You A Better Person
- • 5 Things to Stop Doing Right Now
- • My Day Talking Kindness To Young Children
- • Celebrating Life through Love
- • 4 Habits That Add Stress to Your Life
- • Autumn Reflections
- • 6 Things to Remember When Hurting
- August (6)
- July (4)
- June (5)
- May (9)
- • 5 Misconceptions of Living a Conscious Life
- • Remembering Our Shared Humanity
- • Manifesting Your Dreams
- • Releasing Distractions and Finding Focus
- • How Forgiveness Sets the Prisoner Free
- • Having Love & Respect In Our Relationships
- • Stop Over-Depending on Others and Seeking Their Approval: How to Set Yourself Free
- • 4 Mind Games to Stop Playing for More Energy and Confidence
- • Spiritual and Energy Tools To Help With De-Addiction
- April (8)
- March (14)
- • The Best Path is Your Own
- • Hello, Friends! Do You Know Your Life Purpose?
- • Sleep Hypnosis for Mind, Body & Soul Cleansing
- • The Super Human, Super Consciousness Experience...
- • Reminders to Release Comparison and Competition
- • Sleep Hypnosis to Become Your Ideal Self
- • Earth Day Tips: Seven Ways to Save Energy, Planet, and Money
- • What It Means To Live In A Reality Of Necessary Distractions
- • What I Learned After Years of Going Against My Intuition
- • Reduce Anxiety: Sleep Hypnosis to Reduce & Reverse Anxiety
- • Calling All Trailblazers
- • A Powerful Practice for Healing & Forgiveness
- • Therapeutic Journaling: How to Use Journaling to Help Solve Life’s Biggest Challenges
- • Visualising Illness into Wellness
- February (10)
- • How I Transformed My Relationship with Fear
- • Creating A Successful, Future Version Of Yourself
- • Why Do We Have Resistance To Change
- • 7 Powerful Tips to Help You Become Fearless
- • Answer Your Heart’s Wake-up Calls With More Love And Less Fear
- • Lessons in Vulnerability
- • What I Wish I’d Known Before An Unexpected Loss
- • Day Dreamer
- • My Favorite Reminder to Help Relieve Anxiety
- • The Long Journey from Having, to Doing, to Being
- January (10)
- • 6 Things You Should Never Share With Other People
- • Remembering the Importance of Play
- • 22 Things That Have Become a Norm Since 2012
- • The 4 Benefits of Setting Healthy Boundaries
- • 6 Techniques to Stop Worrying
- • Working with Shame
- • Managing the Monkey Mind
- • New Beginnings with Love
- • Reconciling With The Divine Masculine In Us & Making Peace With Masculine Energies
- • By Doing What You Love, Success Will Follow
- 2016 (1)
- October (1)
- 2012 (1)
- August (1)
- 2011 (2)
- 2010 (1)
- 2009 (4)