Category: Intuitive Connections Hits: 1254
Precognitive dreams are dreams that foretell the future, or can predict upcoming events. Thousands of people have reported having premonitions right before a terrible tragedy or a huge disaster in their world.
Throughout history, many individuals have claimed to be able to have foreseen upcoming events and their dreams have proven to have come true to the letter.
Here are 5 famous precognitive dreams that came true:
#1 Abraham Lincoln’s dream about his assassination
Two weeks before his death, Abraham Lincoln experienced a dream where a funeral was taking place in the White House. “What’s going on?”, he asked in his dream, and then having someone tell him, “The president’s dead.” Then Lincoln saw his own corpse.
He had this dream exactly 10 days before he was assassinated. Abraham Lincoln didn’t tell anybody about it at first, but a few days before, he told his wife. On the day of the assassination, Lincoln had told his bodyguard, William H. Crook, that he had been having dreams of himself being assassinated for 3 straight nights.
He had this dream literally 10 days before he was assassinated. Abraham Lincoln didn’t tell anybody about it at first, but a few days before, he told his wife. On the day of the assassination, Lincoln had told his bodyguard, William H. Crook, that he had been having dreams of himself being assassinated for 3 straight nights.
Lincoln understood dreaming. He regarded true dreams and presentiments as natural and instinctive, not supernatural, and extraordinary visions as the workings of “The Almighty Intelligence that governs the universe.” Yet Lincoln was unable to take action based on his dream to avoid the tragedy that it portended.
#2 Mark Twain’s dream
Mark Twain had a very real dream where he and his younger brother Henry secured jobs on the steamboat Pennsylvania in 1858. On the night before they went aboard, Twain dreamt that Henry was dead, lying in a metal casket wearing his older brother’s suit, with a huge bouquet of white roses on his chest and a single red rose at the center.
Mark Twain didn’t know what to do about it and let it go. Less than a week later, his brother was killed in an explosion on the Pennsylvania. Upon arriving in the town where it took place, Twain saw his brother laid out in a casket just like in his dream. Only one element was missing: the floral bouquet. As he watched and mourned, a lady came in with a bouquet of white roses with a single red one at the center and laid it on Henry’s chest. This seemingly paranormal experience led Marc Twain into the pseudoscientific world of “dream precognition.”
This seemingly paranormal experience led Marc Twain into the pseudoscientific world of “dream precognition.” In fact, Mark Twain was one of the first people to join the Society for Psychical Research (a non-profit organization in the U.K.) in hopes that it could provide him with some answers and solutions about his prophetical dream.
#3 Premonitions of Titanic
After the Titanic sank in 1912, some passengers said they had unusual dreams about the unfortunate disaster, including visions of people drowning. One of the people who perished on the boat, journalist and United States Army officer – Archibald Willingham Butt, allegedly had a dream that he wouldn’t survive the trip and even put his will together before making the voyage. He perished in the sinking. Also, survivor Anne Ward, maid of the Cardeza family, had a premonition that something was going to happen to the Titanic during the maiden voyage. It is reported she told her mother “she did not want to make another voyage across the ocean.” It is believed that Miss Ward could not explain what caused her fear of another voyage prior to boarding.
#4 Sharon Tate Premonition
Actress Sharon Tate (an American actress and model), the wife of Roman Polanski, was brutally murdered at her home in Los Angeles on the night of August 8, 1969, along with three friends who were with her at the time. But some people believe that Sharon may have foreseen her horrific ending in a nightmare.
In 1966, she was hiding inside a bedroom at her ex-boyfriend’s home. All day, she’d been unable to shake a horrible sense of foreboding, and she was now trying to sleep the feeling off. Then, Sharon saw a man enter the room. She describes the man as looking like every description she had ever heard of Paul Bern. The only problem was that Paul Bern had committed suicide years before.
She runs from the room and starts heading down the stairs, where she saw a figure with its throat cut open. She fixed herself a drink and then headed back upstairs, once again hallucinating the victim on the stairs and Paul Bern’s ghostly form.
In the years that followed, she became more and more convinced that the dead figure on the stairs was her. Three years later, two weeks from giving birth, she and her unborn child became victims of Charles Manson (also known as “Helter Skelter”) and his Manson Family cult. Sharon was stabbed to death, and some crime reports state that the actress was hanged from a rafter in the living room. The house where Sharon died stood just a mile away from where she had seen the ghostly premonition.
#5 Calpurnia in Shakespeare’s Julius Caesar
According to a tradition reported in some old sources, Calpurnia, the 3rd and last wife of Julius Caesar, had a dream in which Roman senators stabbed a statue of Julius Caesar with knives, and blood flowed from the statue. Calpurnia did not know that a few senators were indeed plotting to kill the dictator.
Nonetheless, Calpurnia awakened certain that her husband would be killed that very day in the public Forum. Julius Caesar was skeptical and told a senator, Decius (he became Roman Emperor from 249 to 251), about Calpurnia’s dream. Decius was one of the conspirators. He told Caesar the dream was a favorable premonition about future Roman victories. Julius Caesar went to the Forum as planned that day, and was stabbed to death by his enemies.
Dreams are one of the first ways that spiritual ability will manifest. You should consider yourself lucky that you have about 10 dreams you remember in a year… this is actually about normal (and maybe some lucid dreams) … you will dream a lot more than that, but they are lost by the time you fully awaken. Learning to meditate, working with your breath (pranayama) and daily practice will also help to trigger the inner insights to rise to the surface.
ॐ Namasté - Blessings!
© 2017 crystalwind.ca. All rights reserved.
Archive: Intuitive Connections
- 2017 (53)
- October (6)
- September (2)
- August (3)
- July (5)
- June (1)
- May (10)
- • 7 Most Frequent Synchronicities
- • How To Create Fulfillment Through Intuition
- • The Dark Side Of Empathic People That You Rarely See
- • What It's Like to Be an Empath
- • Fixers, Empaths and Over-Givers
- • Can You Have Too Much Empathy?
- • 29 Signs You Were Born To Be A Spiritual Healer
- • Are You A Highly Sensitive Person?
- • Highly Sensitive People Interact With The World Differently
- • How To Know If You’re An Empathetic Person
- April (9)
- • Are You Feeling Lost, Alone or Disconnected?
- • Are You a Natural Born Healer?
- • Precognitive Dreams – Is It Possible To See The Future In Your Dreams?
- • A Dark Part Of Empathic People That You Rarely See
- • 9 Reasons to Avoid Negative People
- • Next Level Of Shielding For Empaths
- • Words and Their Effect on our DNA
- • The Incredible Healing Power of Nature for the Empath
- • Is There Spiritual Significance to April Fools Day?
- March (4)
- February (6)
- January (7)
- • Feeling Foggy? An Energetic Perspective on Brain Fog
- • Why We Meet The Same Souls In Every Incarnation?
- • Earthing: Easy Grounding for the Empath
- • Can You Trust a Psychic to Know Your Destiny?
- • A Spiritual Guide to Weight Loss
- • 6 Ways to Protect Yourself as an Empath
- • Your Soul’s Journey: A Message from Your Spirit Guides
- 2016 (64)
- December (3)
- November (2)
- October (8)
- • Your Power IS Your Intuition
- • Samhain and Scorpio New Moon Guided Journey Ritual 2016
- • The Spiritual Significance of Halloween
- • Psychic Vampires And The Use Of Etheric Energy
- • How to Receive Guidance from Your Heart
- • 6 Signs That You Are a Highly Sensitive Soul
- • How to Ask the Universe for What You Want
- • Why Am I Feeling This Way?
- August (3)
- July (3)
- June (5)
- May (4)
- April (8)
- • The Circle of Life: Understanding Mandalas
- • Visualization To Materialization — The Secret To Achieve Your Goals
- • A Repeating Message from The Universe
- • Intuition: Your Divine Right and Connection to Source
- • 5 Relationship Myths We Have Been Programmed to Believe
- • Under Psychic Attack
- • Defining the Emotions an Empath Feels in Others
- • The Meaning and Energy Behind The Days of the Week
- March (12)
- • If You Feel You Are Different From The Rest of Society, You May Be a Human Angel
- • Spiritual Hygiene — How To Heal Spiritual Hurt And Injuries
- • What’s your life purpose?
- • How to Open and Lead With the Heart
- • The 3 Types of Telepathy, Including Soul-to-Soul Telepathy
- • Intuition Vs. Fear- How Do You Know?
- • How Spirit Gives You All The Answers You Need
- • 7 Tips to Strengthen Your Intuition and Take Soul-Inspired Action
- • Could Your Empathic Abilities Really Be Clairsentience?
- • How To Remove Negative Energy From Your Home With Simple Cleansing Rituals
- • Access the Second Brain for Greater Intuition
- • Empathy & Compassion — Helping Others Without Being Judgmental
- February (11)
- • Old Souls Do Things Differently
- • Do Trees Feel Pain?
- • Do You Sense Spirits in Your House? Here is What to Do
- • 5 Types of Spirit Guides and How to Contact Them
- • Do Empaths Have Mediumistic Abilities?
- • What To Do When You’ve Tried Everything
- • Signs You Are Being Attacked by an Energy Vampire
- • Does Your Life Feel Complicated?
- • Let The Path Be Lit, And All Repeating Patterns Be Broken
- • 3 Powerful Methods to Protect Your Energy
- • Develop Intuition and Find Your Bliss
- January (5)
- 2015 (49)
- December (10)
- • New Year Resolutions for the Soul
- • Are you being called?
- • All I Want For Christmas Is...
- • Message: Reassignment – Ashtar Mothership In Saturn’s Rings
- • Energy Clearing: What Is It And What Does It Do?
- • Unlock Doors to Happiness, Prosperity & Abundance
- • Are you an Empath or HSP?
- • Staying Grounded for Empaths and Sensitives
- • How To Energetically Protect Yourself As A Lightworker
- • A Collection Of Dream Symbols And What They Mean
- November (9)
- • Reversing The Elements Back To The Soul
- • Ether: The Law Of The 1st Element
- • Old Souls : The Knowledge Of Your Eternal Self
- • Grounding Techniques for Empaths
- • Heyoka: The Most Powerful Type Of Empath
- • What To Do When Things Get Quiet: Go Within
- • Angelic Assistance is Quantum Superpositioning
- • Working With The Magic of Nature Spirits
- • 10 Warning Signs The Universe Sends When You’re On The Wrong Path
- October (8)
- September (3)
- August (3)
- July (2)
- June (4)
- May (3)
- April (3)
- March (1)
- February (2)
- January (1)
- December (10)
- 2014 (6)
- 2013 (12)
- December (1)
- November (3)
- September (1)
- August (1)
- June (2)
- May (1)
- April (3)
- 2012 (3)
- 2011 (2)