Category: Inspired Mind Written by Nina Simons Views: 2340
Keeping up in a super-charged world can be quite exhausting and over time, the vast amount of stress can lead to anxiety, sleeplessness, depression and other serious mental (and physical!) illnesses. Every one of us experiences a certain amount of stress in life, whether it is short term from having to take an important test or long-term stress from a demanding career. Also, a lot of stress can leave serious marks on overall well-being and work performance.
Luckily, there are several ways to manage stress and regain your energetic life-force. In fact, one of the best antidotes for the symptoms of stress is travel. Whatever destination you choose, escaping the routines of everyday life and immersing yourself in a foreign culture can be soothing for the body and the soul. We have compiled a list of the best getaways from all around the world to relax and enjoy. Read on!
1. Alberta, Canada
Adventurers who like exploring stunning mountainsides and valleys, this one is for you. One of the most popular locations when it comes to getting rid of stress and enjoying crisp air is the Rocky Mountains in Alberta. Thanks to the fresh air in the mountains, even the most stressed-out tourists will feel reborn. Also, it is an excellent way to escape the hectic city life and try reconnecting with the beautiful nature. Alternatively, experts recommend visiting the iconic Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise for a luxurious weekend "me" time. For those who are interested, the popular wellness and meditation retreats are hosted during the seasons of spring and fall, and it is best to book early on. Plus, guests who like to improve their mobility skills and get more flexible have the opportunity of practicing yoga thanks to the wide array of programs held in Banff National Park.
2. Hunter Valley, Australia
The next must-visit destination to destress is one of Australia's most popular wine regions, Hunter Valley, located in New South Wales. With more than 120 wineries, high-end restaurants, and indulgent spa retreats, it is not difficult to figure out why this destination is a popular choice among stressed-out tourists. The best way to get to this splendid wine region is by car, and it all starts off with an approximately two-hour drive north of Sydney. Looking for a romantic date idea? If so, head out to the extravagant restaurant called "Muse", where guests are able to try out award-winning dishes and beverages. Nevertheless, many have a limited budget, so it is important to stay mindful when splurging. One common concern when visiting this wine region is finding an affordable place to stay. Fortunately, experts recommend checking out Hunter Valley accommodation deals for the most pleasurable experience possible. In addition, guests are able to find lodgings close to some of the most spectacular locations of the whole region.
3. Dehradun, India
A popular form of exercise among health-conscious individuals is yoga. Yoga is an excellent way to calm the nervous system, practice proper breathing techniques and control cortisol levels (also known as the stress hormone). Also, yoga can be practiced by basically anyone, no matter the gender and age of the person. However, did you know that the practice was originally an Indian art form? In fact, its origins are frequently documented in various sacred texts, and yoga is known as a vital part of Indian culture. So, what can be better than visiting one of the most popular yoga destinations, Dehradun? Dehradun, located close to the Himalayan foothills, is the capital of Uttarakhand and one of the most beautiful destinations for rejuvenating the soul. Intrigued tourists can visit some of the most impressive sacred temples (such as Tapkeshwar Mahadev temple) and adorned waterways in the city. Another way to relax and destress is by renting a bike and cycling throughout Dehradun. So, remember to explore the city and burn calories at the same time!
4. Bali, Indonesia
The newest trend in stress-relief is the well-known practice of mindfulness. In fact, focusing more on the present moment helps ward off anxiety and keeps the repetitive, negative thoughts which lead to stress at bay. Also, more and more people swear by the power of the mind creating spectacular positive changes in life through holistic treatments and healing. Bali, one of the most popular wellness destinations on the whole world, offers a wide away of holistic therapies and soul soothing practices. So, next time you feel like rediscovering yourself, grab a plane ticket to the most beautiful island in Indonesia. From breathing sessions to chakra balancing, everyone looking to recharge the batteries and escape into a new dimension should definitely put Bali on their must-see places to visit!
All in all, whether you choose to fly off to India or another gorgeous destination, make sure to pack only the essentials and relax. Remember to take a deep breath and get working on healing both your mind and soul.
Nina is a blogger, yoga aficionado and a travel enthusiast with a distinctive taste for home decor. She's passionate about learning new things and sharing meaningful ideas. If you wanna see what she's up to you can find her on twitter!
This article was submitted exclusively to CrystalWind.ca by Nina Simons © 2018 crystalwind.ca
© 2019 crystalwind.ca. All rights reserved.
ॐ Namasté - Blessings!
© 2008-2019 crystalwind.ca. All rights reserved.
Archive: Inspired Mind
- 2019 (25)
- July (2)
- June (3)
- May (3)
- April (4)
- March (4)
- February (2)
- January (7)
- 2018 (92)
- December (5)
- November (4)
- October (8)
- September (9)
- • The 5 Best Pieces of Advice I’ve Received
- • Is There An End Game?
- • How Traveling Makes You A Better Person
- • 5 Things to Stop Doing Right Now
- • My Day Talking Kindness To Young Children
- • Celebrating Life through Love
- • 4 Habits That Add Stress to Your Life
- • Autumn Reflections
- • 6 Things to Remember When Hurting
- August (6)
- July (4)
- June (5)
- May (9)
- • 5 Misconceptions of Living a Conscious Life
- • Remembering Our Shared Humanity
- • Manifesting Your Dreams
- • Releasing Distractions and Finding Focus
- • How Forgiveness Sets the Prisoner Free
- • Having Love & Respect In Our Relationships
- • Stop Over-Depending on Others and Seeking Their Approval: How to Set Yourself Free
- • 4 Mind Games to Stop Playing for More Energy and Confidence
- • Spiritual and Energy Tools To Help With De-Addiction
- April (8)
- March (14)
- • The Best Path is Your Own
- • Hello, Friends! Do You Know Your Life Purpose?
- • Sleep Hypnosis for Mind, Body & Soul Cleansing
- • The Super Human, Super Consciousness Experience...
- • Reminders to Release Comparison and Competition
- • Sleep Hypnosis to Become Your Ideal Self
- • Earth Day Tips: Seven Ways to Save Energy, Planet, and Money
- • What It Means To Live In A Reality Of Necessary Distractions
- • What I Learned After Years of Going Against My Intuition
- • Reduce Anxiety: Sleep Hypnosis to Reduce & Reverse Anxiety
- • Calling All Trailblazers
- • A Powerful Practice for Healing & Forgiveness
- • Therapeutic Journaling: How to Use Journaling to Help Solve Life’s Biggest Challenges
- • Visualising Illness into Wellness
- February (10)
- • How I Transformed My Relationship with Fear
- • Creating A Successful, Future Version Of Yourself
- • Why Do We Have Resistance To Change
- • 7 Powerful Tips to Help You Become Fearless
- • Answer Your Heart’s Wake-up Calls With More Love And Less Fear
- • Lessons in Vulnerability
- • What I Wish I’d Known Before An Unexpected Loss
- • Day Dreamer
- • My Favorite Reminder to Help Relieve Anxiety
- • The Long Journey from Having, to Doing, to Being
- January (10)
- • 6 Things You Should Never Share With Other People
- • Remembering the Importance of Play
- • 22 Things That Have Become a Norm Since 2012
- • The 4 Benefits of Setting Healthy Boundaries
- • 6 Techniques to Stop Worrying
- • Working with Shame
- • Managing the Monkey Mind
- • New Beginnings with Love
- • Reconciling With The Divine Masculine In Us & Making Peace With Masculine Energies
- • By Doing What You Love, Success Will Follow
- 2016 (1)
- October (1)
- 2012 (1)
- August (1)
- 2011 (2)
- 2010 (1)
- 2009 (4)