Category: Inspired Mind Written by Michelle Maros Views: 2216
I don’t know about you guys, but the past few weeks for me have felt a little harried. I have noticed within myself and those around me a deep sense of anxiety and stress. There is a lot of uncertainty, fear, and unease about the state of the world.
Maybe, this also comes from inner turmoil about whether or not we are living the lives we are truly meant to be living. These are some heavy concerns and burdens to bear, right? Stress is a huge component in our lives, and it is one of the biggest blocks to living a life of freedom, ease, and joy. As we all know, stress leads to many physical ailments and diseases; it truly is the root of our problems. Luckily, we live in a world where we have access to tools for managing stress.
Having the knowledge and tools to manage stress and anxiety empowers us to live the life we truly dream of living. If you feel stress creeping in on your day or into your mind, here are my top five tips to keep anxious thoughts and stress at bay.
1. Practice meditation daily. My meditation practice has been my saving grace when it comes to managing the thoughts of the mind and finding a sense of inner peace. One of the biggest misconceptions of meditation is that its goal is to quiet the mind. It’s actually the opposite. The mind will always think, and it is in this dedicated space that I can let some of the errant thoughts go, without harping on them as I would in regular day-to-day moments.
2. Allow yourself to stop. Many of us get so busy in our lives that we believe that we cannot let ourselves stop. Give yourself permission to stop. You may have a long to-do list, but powering through without giving yourself a chance to stop, breathe, and regroup will not give you the results you desire. Stop before you start again.
3. Remember to breathe. In stressful times we tend to tense up, and in some cases we can forget to breathe! Our breath is our life force, and taking nice, deep, calming breaths can create a huge shift in our mind and body. Feeling stressed? Stop and take a deep breath, and you will probably notice instant relief.
4. Stop comparing yourself to others. Comparison is the true thief of joy. I have noticed when I compare myself to others, I feel stressed, anxious, and judgmental. We are all unique beings living equally different and amazing paths. Comparing is a waste of time. If you want to compete with anyone, gently do it with yourself. Strive to be the best version of yourself every day. Soon, you will notice you’ll care less what others are doing because you are so in love with what you do.
5. Make time for things that make you truly happy. We live in a society that often says doing things for pleasure is selfish. We know better. Self-care is a must! Put time in your calendar to do something you truly enjoy every day. Take a yoga class you love, get that massage you’ve been craving, or spend time with those who lift you up. Make the conscious decision to choose joy every single day.
I hope these tips help you manage any stressful feelings you are having now and always! Tell me in the comments below, what are your go-to’s for managing stress?
ॐ Namasté - Blessings!
© 2008-2019 crystalwind.ca. All rights reserved.
Archive: Inspired Mind
- 2019 (26)
- July (3)
- June (3)
- May (3)
- April (4)
- March (4)
- February (2)
- January (7)
- 2018 (92)
- December (5)
- November (4)
- October (8)
- September (9)
- • The 5 Best Pieces of Advice I’ve Received
- • Is There An End Game?
- • How Traveling Makes You A Better Person
- • 5 Things to Stop Doing Right Now
- • My Day Talking Kindness To Young Children
- • Celebrating Life through Love
- • 4 Habits That Add Stress to Your Life
- • Autumn Reflections
- • 6 Things to Remember When Hurting
- August (6)
- July (4)
- June (5)
- May (9)
- • 5 Misconceptions of Living a Conscious Life
- • Remembering Our Shared Humanity
- • Manifesting Your Dreams
- • Releasing Distractions and Finding Focus
- • How Forgiveness Sets the Prisoner Free
- • Having Love & Respect In Our Relationships
- • Stop Over-Depending on Others and Seeking Their Approval: How to Set Yourself Free
- • 4 Mind Games to Stop Playing for More Energy and Confidence
- • Spiritual and Energy Tools To Help With De-Addiction
- April (8)
- March (14)
- • The Best Path is Your Own
- • Hello, Friends! Do You Know Your Life Purpose?
- • Sleep Hypnosis for Mind, Body & Soul Cleansing
- • The Super Human, Super Consciousness Experience...
- • Reminders to Release Comparison and Competition
- • Sleep Hypnosis to Become Your Ideal Self
- • Earth Day Tips: Seven Ways to Save Energy, Planet, and Money
- • What It Means To Live In A Reality Of Necessary Distractions
- • What I Learned After Years of Going Against My Intuition
- • Reduce Anxiety: Sleep Hypnosis to Reduce & Reverse Anxiety
- • Calling All Trailblazers
- • A Powerful Practice for Healing & Forgiveness
- • Therapeutic Journaling: How to Use Journaling to Help Solve Life’s Biggest Challenges
- • Visualising Illness into Wellness
- February (10)
- • How I Transformed My Relationship with Fear
- • Creating A Successful, Future Version Of Yourself
- • Why Do We Have Resistance To Change
- • 7 Powerful Tips to Help You Become Fearless
- • Answer Your Heart’s Wake-up Calls With More Love And Less Fear
- • Lessons in Vulnerability
- • What I Wish I’d Known Before An Unexpected Loss
- • Day Dreamer
- • My Favorite Reminder to Help Relieve Anxiety
- • The Long Journey from Having, to Doing, to Being
- January (10)
- • 6 Things You Should Never Share With Other People
- • Remembering the Importance of Play
- • 22 Things That Have Become a Norm Since 2012
- • The 4 Benefits of Setting Healthy Boundaries
- • 6 Techniques to Stop Worrying
- • Working with Shame
- • Managing the Monkey Mind
- • New Beginnings with Love
- • Reconciling With The Divine Masculine In Us & Making Peace With Masculine Energies
- • By Doing What You Love, Success Will Follow
- 2016 (1)
- October (1)
- 2012 (1)
- August (1)
- 2011 (2)
- 2010 (1)
- 2009 (4)