Category: Inspired Mind Hits: 1421
I always say to people: Do what you love, follow your bliss, listen to your heart and intuition, and know that by doing so, success will have no choice but to follow.
Of course, when you get stuck in a job you don’t love, when you are doing the things that took you off your path for too long, hearing words like doing what you love, success, passion, etc. can be quite irritating.
Most of us live with this impression that we don’t really have control over what we do, over what happens to us, over our happiness and our unhappiness, and that we are victims, and of course, as victims, all we know how to do, is defend ourselves. Because we spend so much time in the defending mode, we forget who we really are, we forget that we do have a choice and that we do have the ability to shift our lives in the right direction.
I promised that I will write a post on how to do what you love and still be able to pay your bills, and I will like to share with you all, some things that I have learned over the years from great teachers, people like Emerson, Henry David Thoreau, Lao Tzu, Rumi, Dale Carnegie, Wayne Dyer, and many, many others.
First of all, I strongly believe, actually, I don’t believe, I know, that we all have something unique and special about ourselves, and that what I have, no one has, and what you have, no other person in the world has, and I also know that these are our unique gifts and talents, these are the things that we are born with, and if we choose to focus and work on them, and with them, we will encounter success, and we will be happy, we will be content with our lives, our environment, our friends, family, and all that will happen to us and all around us.
This is not something I invented, it is something that every successful person who is doing what he/she loves, will tell you. You want to be happy, work with that which you love, with that which you are so passionate about, and you will discover things about yourself that you never thought were there.
As I was writing this and as I was listening down these great teachers, all of these quotes started running through my mind, and I want to share with you a few of them, just so you can better understand how important it is to work with your passions, with your unique gifts and talents.
So here they are:
“Let the beauty of what you love be what you do.” ~ Rumi
“Doing what you love is the cornerstone of having abundance in your life.” ~ Wayne Dyer
“Are you bored with life? Then throw yourself into some work you believe in with all your heart, live for it, die for it, and you will find the happiness that you had thought could never be yours.” ~ Dale Carnegie
“In dwelling, live close to the ground. In thinking, keep to the simple. In conflict, be fair and generous. In governing, don’t try to control. In work, do what you enjoy. In family life, be completely present.” ~Lao Tzu
“If there is no passion in your life, then have you really lived? Find your passion, whatever it may be. Become it, and let it become you and you will find great things happen FOR you, TO you and BECAUSE of you.” ~ Alan Armstrong
“Once you make a decision, the universe conspires to make it happen.” ~ Emerson
“If one advances confidently in the direction of one’s dreams, and endeavors to live the life which one has imagined, one will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.” ~ Henry David Thoreau
If right now, you are in a place where you aren’t exactly doing the things you love, or maybe, you can’t even get a job, you might want to pause for a while and start asking yourself a couple of questions, questions that might help you discover what is it that you really want, why is it that your life is the way it is, where would you like to be headed, how does the perfect life looks for you, and many other questions that might help you get back on the right track and start living the life that you really deserve.
Is where you are right now really that bad? How will things be different once you get from A to Z? Will you be happy then? How do you know this is true? Will you be willing to let go of some “security” for a while in order to start on your journey of self-discovery and self-mastery? Are you willing to take some risks?
These are some things you might consider that maybe you haven’t thought about, or maybe you were too afraid to do it because of the answered you might have got, but if you really want to make your dreams become reality, you will have to face them all.
I can’t tell you something that you don’t know already, I can’t tell you some secret formula that will help you do the things you love and still be able to pay the bills (and this is something that I don’t think you would want for yourself, to just survive, to pay your bills), but what I can tell you is this: Always choose to focus on the things you do want to attract in your life, always choose to focus on that which is positive rather than negative, and picture yourself as already having the life that you want for yourself, knowing that by doing so, you will attract all that you need in order to make your dreams become reality.
Also, what I have personally learned from my mentor, Wayne Dyer, is to always use these powerful words: I Am!
When you use these two powerful words “I am”, followed by any statement, visualizing it, and adding emotion and certainty to it, you become one with it and it becomes one with you. When you combine these two powerful words with emotion and images, the whole universe will conspire to make it happen.
I am doing what I love, and I love what I do.
I am living a prosperous life, etc.
I am discovering new and great talents every day, talents I didn’t even know I have…
Your mind does not know how to differentiate between what is real and what is not, and by repeating these words to yourself, you will attract the right people, the right ideas, the right circumstance, and all that you need in order to become the person you want to become.
So if you are you willing to start the voyage of discovery into unknown lands and rediscover yourself, if you are willing to experience some short-term pain and discomfort so that you can later experience real happiness, you will be able to do what you love and be successful at it.
Luminita d. Saviuc
Luminita, the founder of purposefairy, is an enthusiastic student of the arts, psychology, and spirituality. Her acclaimed blog post, 15 things you should give up to be happy , was shared by over 1.3 million people on facebook. Later on, it became the heart of her book, 15 things you should give up to be happy, book that will be published by penguin random house in march 2016. For more details check out the about page.
ॐ Namasté - Blessings!
© 2008-2019 crystalwind.ca. All rights reserved.
Archive: Inspired Mind
- 2019 (23)
- June (3)
- May (3)
- April (4)
- March (4)
- February (2)
- January (7)
- 2018 (92)
- December (5)
- November (4)
- October (8)
- September (9)
- • The 5 Best Pieces of Advice I’ve Received
- • Is There An End Game?
- • How Traveling Makes You A Better Person
- • 5 Things to Stop Doing Right Now
- • My Day Talking Kindness To Young Children
- • Celebrating Life through Love
- • 4 Habits That Add Stress to Your Life
- • Autumn Reflections
- • 6 Things to Remember When Hurting
- August (6)
- July (4)
- June (5)
- May (9)
- • 5 Misconceptions of Living a Conscious Life
- • Remembering Our Shared Humanity
- • Manifesting Your Dreams
- • Releasing Distractions and Finding Focus
- • How Forgiveness Sets the Prisoner Free
- • Having Love & Respect In Our Relationships
- • Stop Over-Depending on Others and Seeking Their Approval: How to Set Yourself Free
- • 4 Mind Games to Stop Playing for More Energy and Confidence
- • Spiritual and Energy Tools To Help With De-Addiction
- April (8)
- March (14)
- • The Best Path is Your Own
- • Hello, Friends! Do You Know Your Life Purpose?
- • Sleep Hypnosis for Mind, Body & Soul Cleansing
- • The Super Human, Super Consciousness Experience...
- • Reminders to Release Comparison and Competition
- • Sleep Hypnosis to Become Your Ideal Self
- • Earth Day Tips: Seven Ways to Save Energy, Planet, and Money
- • What It Means To Live In A Reality Of Necessary Distractions
- • What I Learned After Years of Going Against My Intuition
- • Reduce Anxiety: Sleep Hypnosis to Reduce & Reverse Anxiety
- • Calling All Trailblazers
- • A Powerful Practice for Healing & Forgiveness
- • Therapeutic Journaling: How to Use Journaling to Help Solve Life’s Biggest Challenges
- • Visualising Illness into Wellness
- February (10)
- • How I Transformed My Relationship with Fear
- • Creating A Successful, Future Version Of Yourself
- • Why Do We Have Resistance To Change
- • 7 Powerful Tips to Help You Become Fearless
- • Answer Your Heart’s Wake-up Calls With More Love And Less Fear
- • Lessons in Vulnerability
- • What I Wish I’d Known Before An Unexpected Loss
- • Day Dreamer
- • My Favorite Reminder to Help Relieve Anxiety
- • The Long Journey from Having, to Doing, to Being
- January (10)
- • 6 Things You Should Never Share With Other People
- • Remembering the Importance of Play
- • 22 Things That Have Become a Norm Since 2012
- • The 4 Benefits of Setting Healthy Boundaries
- • 6 Techniques to Stop Worrying
- • Working with Shame
- • Managing the Monkey Mind
- • New Beginnings with Love
- • Reconciling With The Divine Masculine In Us & Making Peace With Masculine Energies
- • By Doing What You Love, Success Will Follow
- 2016 (1)
- October (1)
- 2012 (1)
- August (1)
- 2011 (2)
- 2010 (1)
- 2009 (4)