Category: Inspired Mind Written by Nina Simons Hits: 2250
Traveling isn't something that we do simply to pass the time. Getting to know new cultures and seeing exotic destination, learning about different customs and communicating with people of various backgrounds changes us as persons. We let ourselves be open to new worlds, we expand our horizons and we get a new perspective. In short, traveling makes better people in so many ways. If you wonder how, here it is:
1. You'll learn to be frugal
People who tend to travel often learn in time how to be careful with money. When you think about it, you don't really need to eat out that often, have a large phone bill or a membership to a gym you rarely go to. When you need money for traveling, you will learn to appreciate every cent, to bargain, to get value for money and to know the difference between what you really need and what is just a short-lived whim. And the reward will be yet another fantastic trip to an unknown place.
2. You'll develop new skills
Let's start with the obvious - traveling to another country or staying there for some time will probably mean you'll learn a new language (at least the basics). Communicating with people in their native language is a great experience. Plus, it can be very useful for your future job. However, there are tons of other skills that you can develop while in another country. It's usually the things we even didn't know we were talented for. A different country puts you in a new situation where you are free to explore your abilities and, consequently, find those you are eager to develop further. Just think about people who changed their careers because the discovered something they are passionate about while they were traveling.
3. You'll become more open-minded
Nothing will make you more open-minded than traveling. Visiting new countries will expose you to a great number of different religions, cultures, political views and ideals that you will have to stop at one point and ask yourself what "normal" actually means. New experiences will open your eyes, making you reflect on your own life, beliefs and tradition. It will make you more tolerant of other nations.
4. You will learn to be patient
Traveling means being out of routine. It also means unexpected things are bound to happen and many times you won't be able to do anything about it. And that's the teaching moment right there: breathe in and let go. Patience is good for you and it's something that needs to be practiced. And when you're waiting in a long queue or getting lost in the streets because you don't know the language - that's how your patience is formed.
5. You'll get more active and eco-friendly
Traveling means being on the move all the time, admiring the nature or exploring cities. You don't want to miss anything and you are far more physically active than usual. Spending time in nature also means you will start to appreciate it more and become aware of how much it is important to take care of our environment. Long walking tours make us healthier and appreciative of natural wonders. Australia is known for its natural beauty, and travelers go there to soak it all in. Trips like walking tours in Tasmania really change your perspective on the world you live in. That's what traveling will do for you - shape you into a healthier, eco-friendly person.
6. You'll make friends
Traveling will help you break free from your shell. Many introverts find it challenging and beneficial to travel. You'll discover how easier it is to make friends on a different side of the world, where you are free of your routine and people you know. Friends around the globe are an invaluable experience to have, so leave your comfort zone and use the opportunity to chat with people wherever, whenever. You'll never know who you may meet.
7. You'll learn to appreciate your home
No matter how far you go or how long you are away - there will always be that one place in the world that's your home, where you feel comfortable and loved. Traveling will allow you to see the better sides of your homeland and your hometown. And you will be that much happier for knowing that there is a place where your friends and family are, who love you and support you no matter what.
All in all
Everybody has to grow during their lives in so many ways. Traveling really makes you become a better person - so, pack your things and go!
Nina is a blogger, yoga aficionado and a travel enthusiast with a distinctive taste for home decor. She's passionate about learning new things and sharing meaningful ideas. If you wanna see what she's up to you can find her on twitter!
This article was submitted exclusively to CrystalWind.ca by Nina Simons © 2018 crystalwind.ca
© 2018 crystalwind.ca. All rights reserved.
ॐ Namasté - Blessings!
© 2008-2019 crystalwind.ca. All rights reserved.
Archive: Inspired Mind
- 2019 (22)
- June (2)
- May (3)
- April (4)
- March (4)
- February (2)
- January (7)
- 2018 (92)
- December (5)
- November (4)
- October (8)
- September (9)
- • The 5 Best Pieces of Advice I’ve Received
- • Is There An End Game?
- • How Traveling Makes You A Better Person
- • 5 Things to Stop Doing Right Now
- • My Day Talking Kindness To Young Children
- • Celebrating Life through Love
- • 4 Habits That Add Stress to Your Life
- • Autumn Reflections
- • 6 Things to Remember When Hurting
- August (6)
- July (4)
- June (5)
- May (9)
- • 5 Misconceptions of Living a Conscious Life
- • Remembering Our Shared Humanity
- • Manifesting Your Dreams
- • Releasing Distractions and Finding Focus
- • How Forgiveness Sets the Prisoner Free
- • Having Love & Respect In Our Relationships
- • Stop Over-Depending on Others and Seeking Their Approval: How to Set Yourself Free
- • 4 Mind Games to Stop Playing for More Energy and Confidence
- • Spiritual and Energy Tools To Help With De-Addiction
- April (8)
- March (14)
- • The Best Path is Your Own
- • Hello, Friends! Do You Know Your Life Purpose?
- • Sleep Hypnosis for Mind, Body & Soul Cleansing
- • The Super Human, Super Consciousness Experience...
- • Reminders to Release Comparison and Competition
- • Sleep Hypnosis to Become Your Ideal Self
- • Earth Day Tips: Seven Ways to Save Energy, Planet, and Money
- • What It Means To Live In A Reality Of Necessary Distractions
- • What I Learned After Years of Going Against My Intuition
- • Reduce Anxiety: Sleep Hypnosis to Reduce & Reverse Anxiety
- • Calling All Trailblazers
- • A Powerful Practice for Healing & Forgiveness
- • Therapeutic Journaling: How to Use Journaling to Help Solve Life’s Biggest Challenges
- • Visualising Illness into Wellness
- February (10)
- • How I Transformed My Relationship with Fear
- • Creating A Successful, Future Version Of Yourself
- • Why Do We Have Resistance To Change
- • 7 Powerful Tips to Help You Become Fearless
- • Answer Your Heart’s Wake-up Calls With More Love And Less Fear
- • Lessons in Vulnerability
- • What I Wish I’d Known Before An Unexpected Loss
- • Day Dreamer
- • My Favorite Reminder to Help Relieve Anxiety
- • The Long Journey from Having, to Doing, to Being
- January (10)
- • 6 Things You Should Never Share With Other People
- • Remembering the Importance of Play
- • 22 Things That Have Become a Norm Since 2012
- • The 4 Benefits of Setting Healthy Boundaries
- • 6 Techniques to Stop Worrying
- • Working with Shame
- • Managing the Monkey Mind
- • New Beginnings with Love
- • Reconciling With The Divine Masculine In Us & Making Peace With Masculine Energies
- • By Doing What You Love, Success Will Follow
- 2016 (1)
- October (1)
- 2012 (1)
- August (1)
- 2011 (2)
- 2010 (1)
- 2009 (4)