This article was posted by CrystalWind.ca.
The Feldenkrais Method
Category: Feldenkrais Method
THE FELDENKRAIS METHOD is a revolutionary neuro-muscular training or therapy that promotes unprecedented improvements in the efficiency, coordination, and ease of body movement. It is a unique experiential demonstration of how even the subtlest levels of faulty muscular habit can exacerbate or cause a variety of physical complaints, or simply restrict even high levels of performance and well-being. The rapidity of detection and un-learning of faulty, damaging movement patterns, which the technique achieves, is facilitated by its unique and precise mirroring of the organic ways infants learn to move in the first place. Involved is a very subtle, pleasurable, exploratory form of bodily manipulation that heightens communication between brain and muscles. This supplies the brain with the information it needs for creating a wider and more harmonious repertoire of movement possibilities. Along with the alleviation of many symptoms, the recipient commonly experiences euphoric feelings of lightness, ease, and mental clarity.
The Feldenkrais Method includes two ways of working with people:
1. FUNCTIONAL INTEGRATION® (FI) is a one-on-one approach to working with people. The practitioner uses gentle touch in guiding your movements delicately as you lie or sit in comfortable clothing on a low, padded table. With precised handling, the practitioner conveys new or forgotten movement options, new neuro-muscular patterns in the place of often outmoded, faulty habits. The very detection and gentle exploration of minute resistances in movement patterns offer a unique, painless way of guiding you to a liberation from them, thus helping you to discover a broad range of options from which to choose and making space for your innate spontaneity. This process is a thoroughly nourishing and liberating one, melting useless defenses and offering a profound sense of relief and enhanced well-being on the physical, mental, and emotional levels.
2. AWARENESS THROUGH MOVEMENT® (ATM) is based on a sequence of exercises which are verbally directed by the practitioner and explored by the student on one's own. ATM consists of thousands of carefully constructed exercises, creating a setting for the exploration and refinement of specific movements, breaking up old habits, and instilling new or forgotten patterns of thinking, moving and feeling by the student. The discovery of the ways of limiting oneself unconsciously through unchallenged muscular patterns leads not only to a healthier body functioning but, owing to the subtle connections between muscular and mental/emotional patterns, also to a freer, more spontaneous personality.
Dr. MOSHE FELDENKRAIS, D. Sc., (1904-1984) developed the Feldenkrais Method out of his unique understanding of such diverse fields as physics, neuro-science, the martial arts (he earned a Black Belt in Judo in 1936), learning processes, cybernetics, linguistics and body mechanics. He was an eminent physicist, and a close associate of the Nobel Laureate Frederic Joliot-Curie in Paris before he became one of the world's foremost authorities on sensory-motor functioning.
During World War II, Dr. Feldenkrais suffered crippling knee injuries and was given little chance of ever recovering. He literally taught himself to walk again--without pain--and it was during this process that he developed his unique system of accessing the power of the nervous system to improve human functioning.
Applying his understanding of the role of body movement in the functioning of body and mind, during the last forty years of his life Moshe Feldenkrais taught his method throughout Europe and the United States. He personally trained a small number of practitioners, among them Michael, to continue his work. Today there are nearly 3,000 certified Feldenkrais teachers around the globe.
Benefits of the Feldendrais Method
THE FELDENKRAIS METHOD is an intriguingly gentle, pleasurable learning process that profoundly enhances the functioning of the body/mind. It is beneficial both for people seeking to improve their general well-being and for people with specific conditions.
On the one hand, the Feldenkrais Method
- improves posture, flexibility, coordination
- widens perception and creativity
- enhances personal growth, physical and emotional well-being
- refines performance skills for athletes, actors, dancers, and musicians
- increases your ability to experience or re-discover your capacity for pleasure
- develops greater thinking capabilities
On the other hand, this method
- aids in effortless breathing
- helps you to release emotional blockages
- eliminates pain and movement restrictions
Improves function in individuals with:
- neuro-muscular disorders such as stroke, spinal injury, cerebral palsy
- muscular-skeletal problems such as chronic neck- and back pain,
- repetitive strain syndrome
- stress related to past or present trauma
All post and information provided within this blog is for educational and informational purposes only, and is not to be construed as medical advice or instruction. No action should be taken solely on the contents of this website. Please consult with your healthcare professional before making any dietary or lifestyle changes or taking supplements that may interfere with medications. Any products or information discussed are not intended to diagnose, prevent, treat or cure any illness, disease or lifestyle. Please consult your physician or a qualified health professional on any matters regarding your health and wellbeing or on any opinions expressed within this website.
Spirit Animal Totem Of The Day!
Crystal Of The Day!
Who is Online Now
We have 925 guests and no members online
Featured This Month
The Hawthorn Tree - May 13 - June 9
Celtic Symbol : The Chalice Zodiac Degrees : 21º00` Taurus - 17º59 Gemini ... Read more
Crystal Gem: Grids and Gridding
What are Crystal Gem Grids? They are tools for empowerment, for blessings, ... Read more
A Simple Summer Solstice Ritual with Crystal…
June 20, 2016 is this year’s summer solstice, marking&n... Read more
Litha Sabbat - The Summer Solstice
Gardens are blooming, and summer is in full swing. Fire up the barbeque, turn ... Read more
The Story Behind the Gemini Zodiac Sign The origins of some constellation m... Read more
Litha - The Midsummer Solstice
The Litha festival is one of the lesser Sabbats of the Witches annual calend... Read more
Deer is not only a medicine someone can carry, it is a Native American birth... Read more
Sun in Gemini
Sun in Gemini May 21 through June 20 An Overview of Sun Sign Characteristic... Read more
The Energy Buster Stone Rutilated Quartz is an illuminator for the soul, pr... Read more
Birth Totem - Deer
Birth dates: May 21 - June 20 Birth Totem is: Deer Clan of: Butterfly (Air... Read more
Deer – Moss Agate – Yarrow – Green and White May 21 to June 20 The Cornpla... Read more