Category: Moon Cycles Written by CrystalWind.ca Views: 40399
The moon, being the closest astronomical body to Earth, has a profound effect on us. It represents the feminine, emotional, creative and nurturing aspects of our lives.
One complete cycle of the moon takes exactly 28 days to complete, radiating her energy to us in cycles of waxing and waning, bringing in and releasing, ebbing and flowing.
Many cultures and people believe in following the cycles of the moon, working with this wonderful gift of nature, harnessing the different energetic influences at each of the stages.
The Cycles of the Moon
- New Moon: A new cycle. An energy of new possibilities. Time to set your intentions for what you want to bring into your life.
- Waxing Moon: New growth, continued action, results will come about
- Full Moon: High tide of power, amplifying and creative. It is a time to release that which no longer serves you, what you no longer need in your life or an aspect of yourself that you have outgrown.
- Waning Moon: Withdrawing, a sucking and pulling impact
- Dark Moon: A time to go within. Solitude. A powerful psychic time where revelations from deep within can emerge. It’s important to make space for the unfolding of spirit at this time in preparation for the new cycle and beginning.
The New Moon marks the beginning of the cycle and the Full Moon is the release.
At the Full Moon, the energy is powerful and intense. This surge enables you to take action – especially in regards to the New Moon intentions you may have made two weeks prior. This is a perfect time for releasing something that no longer serves you; or letting go of something that you no longer need in your life; or an opportunity to let go of an aspect of yourself that you have outgrown.
A Full Moon ritual is a powerful way to invoke this (a ritual being a set of actions, often with symbolic value, performed in a ceremonial manner). Releasing. Letting go. Unburdening yourself. Purging.
You get rid of the old, celebrating your emergence by stepping out of an old way of being / an old identity / behaviour / attitude / relationship / frame of mind / situation.
The ritual marks this inner transformation in a formal, ceremonial way. Emphasising to yourself and the Universe that you are ready to let go for the new you to emerge. Making way for new magical opportunities to come to you.
Purification using the elements
Fire and water are great symbolic ways of purifying.
- Fire – consumes, burns away the old
- Water – cleanses, washes away
A Full Moon Release Ritual
What you need: pen, paper, matches, candle, two small bowls, water
If possible do this outside under the Full Moon, connecting directly with Mother Nature and the Moon’s energies.
If you cannot be outside, find a quiet place indoors.
- Clear your energy. Imagine standing under a silver waterfall and allow all negative and non-serving energies to be washed away.
- Create a sacred space. Find a quiet place to sit, declutter and clean, place crystals or other special items around you.
- Light the candle, fill one small bowl with water – place both in front of you, along with the other empty bowl.
- Take a few deep breaths, centre yourself and then begin to write on the piece of paper what you wish to release from your life, what limiting beliefs you want to be free from, what no longer serves you or what you want to let go of.
- When you have finished your list, sign and date the page.
- Breathe deep into your heart and declare “I now let this go. And it is so.” Then place one corner of the piece of paper over the candle allowing the flame to light your page (throw the page into the empty bowl as it burns) watching the flames consume what you are releasing, the smoke taking your intention to the Universe. Please note:if your piece of paper struggles to light or burn, please consider if you are really ready to let this go! Only when you are willing to let go will the page burn – the faster the flames, the more willing you are to let it go.
- Then place your hands in the bowl of water. Signifying cleansing of the old and opening to the new.
- Remove your hands from the water and take a deep breath. Sit in silence for a moment. You may want to keep your candle burning for a while as you sit, allowing inspiration to spark.
This is only a suggestion of a ritual. Use your intuition to guide you. You may just want to sit with a lit candle and not burn your page. You may want to have a shower or jump into the ocean as part of a cleansing ritual. You may want to meditate on what to let go of rather than write it down.
Go with what works for you and what you feel comfortable with. It all comes down to intention. As long as your stay centered in why you are doing things in a certain way, the results will follow as you intended them to.
CrystalWind.ca is free to access and use.
ॐ Namasté - Blessings!
"Life is an echo, what you send out comes back."
© 2008-2021 crystalwind.ca. All rights reserved.
Crystal Of The Day!
Who is Online Now
We have 1538 guests and no members online