Category: Moon Cycles Hits: 1714
The Full Moon is on Wednesday, March 20th at 7:42pm Mountain Daylight Time (MDT) with the Equinox being on the same day at 3:58 PM MDT
This is a Super Moon and a rare and powerful event with the Equinox landing on the same day. You have an opportunity, a portal through which this power comes through, to set some intentions for potent and inspired new beginnings. All those things you have been dreaming about can now be supported by the fertility of this Equinox. But be careful what you ask for. Make sure it is what you want and not someone else’s dream.
The power of this full moon will energize whatever you put into motion. It is a feminine time but supported by the masculine. A perfect combination of balance between the Sun and the Moon. So we honor both of them on this day. What do want to plant the seeds for, to give birth to, to have manifest in your life? How are you willing to take disciplined action to make it happen? What are you willing to change, give up and push through to move forward into a new landscape?
It is definitely a day to honor the Equinox and Full Moon in some ceremonial way and if you can do it with support and community, all the better.
Libra Full Moon
Sun in Aries 0º ~ Moon in Libra 0º
Wed. March 20, 7:42 PM Mountain Daylight Time
(Thurs, March 21, 1:42 AM Greenwich Mean Time)
Equinox is one of the four most powerful solar points of the year! With this equinox we are blessed with a Full Moon/SuperMoon marking and expanding that fertile point of new beginnings, the zero Aries point. We begin the new cycle of the zodiac wheel backed by the full emotional power of the Full Moon. The Aries Sun will lend us courage, initiative and a willingness to take a risk and the Libra Moon will emphatically point to emotional cooperation and partnership and bringing more beauty into our life.
Libra is a diplomatic, gracious sign owing to its rulership by Venus. We refine how we engage others, how we approach them, consider their needs, how we negotiate to get all parties needs heard and met. We gather socially with intention. Libra has both the objectivity of an air sign and the heart of a Venus-ruled sign (like Taurus). Libra gets what it wants, but also keeps in balance with those it deals with. So, we not only have the powerful Sun in balance with the Earth, but the Moon in the sign of balance and harmony in Libra. What will you do with such an auspicious start to this season? When you find yourself on the other side of this transition time about two years from now at Equinox 2021 – what do you want your life to feel like, what do you want to be doing, and who with? What are you releasing to make way for the new? Now is the time to initiate and strengthen those threads.
Chiron is also highly influential here riding within a degree of the Sun at 1º Aries. Consider how Chiron will manifest for you. Chiron is not only the ‘wounded healer’. It also calls in the teacher/mentor, sharing the medicine and wisdom they have earned from their life experiences and challenges. Chiron, a centaur, half animal half human, has lineage in the instinctual realms, the nature realms, linking us to the natural world with support from the animal, plant, mineral and deva kingdoms. Chiron teaches holistic respect for the body giving us contact from our intercellular workings right out to the interconnectiveness of all life. Chiron integrates the mind and body, the instinctual and the intuitive. Chiron is here to remind us of our shamanic origins for healing. In the solar system, it sits between Saturn, the physical, and Uranus, the intuitive aspects of our psyches. Chiron is a wild, unconforming maverick walking his own way in the world responsive to his instincts, connected to nature, sensitive and wise. Chiron is often prominent when a major transition requires a big decision – maybe a hybrid decision – the best under taxing circumstances. Unique insightful solutions can present themselves in the area this Sun/Chiron conjunction resides in your chart. Great benefit can be had from this combination. What we heal personally will bring more intimacy, more joy de vivre, more depth into our relationships. The Moon in Libra opposes the Sun bringing great awareness of what needs to be healed within us individually so we are more present for the other.
Venus in Aquarius (23º) as chart ruler has four strong aspects.
1) A conjunction with Black Moon Lilith and Venus reinforces and mirrors the Sun/Chiron conjunction in expressing our instinctual selves – that which holds our basic creative drives, being true to the self despite the pressures to be acceptable and fit in with the status quo, walking our own true path unwilling to see ourselves as victims, claiming our wholeness and fire.
2) An exact square from Mars in Taurus to Venus in Aquarius – so there may be areas where we are stuck, digging in our heels, or resisting moving into new or unfamiliar actions (where sharing with an intimate may help us see our lives from a new perspective)
3) A close trine with Pallas Athena in Libra to Venus opening a channel where inspired music, poetry, or ideas may lead Venus to open our hearts and let in the electrifying zap of a shift in attitude or the warmth of love from an unexpected source or kick up some artistic or strategic planning part of ourselves.
4) An easy, exact sextile to Jupiter in Sagittarius from Venus in Aquarius says ‘there’s always help along the way’, people reaching out with support, growth in our social circle, connection that begets opportunities.
Mercury in Pisces, yes, still retrograde and still doing its dance of forgetting and dissolving with watery Neptune. Is it possible to make cookies and forget the sugar; is it possible to appear in the kitchen with both your shirt and pants inside out? Oh yeah… This retrograde seems to have the quality of forgetting, items/reality going invisible, blinking on and off. Mercury retrograde especially in Pisces is about slowing down, surrendering some of that roadrunner busyness, and visioning where you want to end up in the big picture. Mercury conjuncting Neptune three times in six weeks, 2/18, 3/24, 4/2, supports loosening the linear mind tethers that bind us to consensual reality. Apparently we are being called to dream and float and intuit and surrender in order to dissolve walls and boundaries.
Mercury in Pisces goes direct on March 28 at 16º and is out of its shadow period and moving forward, picking up on April 16 at 29º Pisces where it left off when retrograde began – Nine weeks in a sign where it normally spends three.
Underlying all the energy of rebirthing that Aries brings is still a strong current of surrendering and releasing the old – millenniums worth of old. We’re digging deep here with Pluto and Saturn, those Grand Pooh Bah heavies, nearing conjunction with the South Node in Capricorn where we relinquish the past. We’re finishing up and releasing loooong cycles here. Mars is in a very helpful aspect (all earth signs involved) so, a big push, huge effort, aggressive action may move you through those releases and into a new frequency of productivity.
Make of this what you will: The majority of the planets in this Equinox chart are once again in feminine signs, but the five out of six counted asteroid goddesses are in masculine signs drawing down action, decisiveness, and showing up for what you stand for and value. Celebrate the Sun AND the Moon at this Equinox time of balance.
All times are in Mountain Standard Time (MST)
03/28 Mercury direct 16º Pisces until 7/7
04/05 Aries New Moon 15º 2:51 AM MDT
04/19 Libra Full Moon 29º 5:13 AM MDT
04/20 Sun enters Taurus 2:55 AM MDT
Lena is an internationally known teacher and shamanic practitioner. She apprenticed for 10 years with a Huichol Shaman from Mexico and has studied cross cultural shamanic healing from numerous traditions including the Amazon basin, Native American, Northern European and Siberian. Lena has taught and worked with individuals, groups, businesses and communities for the past 25 years, helping to bring shamanic nature based wisdom back into people's lives. One of her specialities is the woven song tradition of the Shipibo tribe in the Peruvian Amazon, the singing of Icaros or healing songs. The individual healing work with these energy patterns through song and other shamanic techniques has had a powerful impact on her clients. Lena is the co-author of the "Secrets of Shamanism, How to Tap the Spirit Power Within" and a contributor to "The Power Path". Along with husband and partner Jose, she is the co-founder and one of the primary instructors of Power Path Seminars and the School of Shamanism. Source Here
ॐ Namasté - Blessings!
© 2008-2018 crystalwind.ca. All rights reserved.
Current Moon Cycles Videos
Archive: Moon Cycles
- 2019 (26)
- April (6)
- March (7)
- February (5)
- January (8)
- • New Moon 4 February 2019 - Hope and Goodwill
- • Full Moon Update 1-20-19
- • The Spiritual Impact The Leo Full Moon And Total Lunar Eclipse Are Bringing
- • Lunar Eclipse 21 January 2019 - Change and Opportunity
- • The Spiritual Impact Of The New Moon in Capricorn With Solar Eclipse
- • The Partial Solar Eclipse On Jan 5th/6th - In Relationships!
- • Solar Eclipse 5 January 2019 - Big Business
- • New Moon/Eclipse Update 1-5-19
- 2018 (95)
- December (6)
- November (6)
- October (7)
- • New Moon 7 November 2018 - Say Sorry and Move On
- • Full Moon Update 10-24-18
- • The Spiritual Influence The Full Moon In Taurus Will Bring
- • Full Moon 24 October 2018 - Unexpected Love
- • New Moon Update 10-8-18
- • The Spiritual Influence The Upcoming Libra New Moon Is Providing
- • New Moon 8 October 2018 - Transformation
- September (9)
- • The Full Moon in Aries - in Relationships
- • Equinox - Aries Full Moon Update
- • The Spiritual Impact The Aries Full Moon Is Promising
- • Full Moon 24 September 2018 - Overcome Your Fears
- • New Moon Update 9-9-18
- • 9th September 2018: New Moon in Virgo
- • The New Moon in Virgo on Sept 9th in Relationships
- • New Moon 9 September 2018 - Opportunity and Success
- • The Spiritual Influence Of The Virgo New Moon Energies
- August (5)
- July (9)
- • Teachings From The Aquarius Full Moon For The Golden Age Of Aquarius
- • Full Moon Eclipse Update 7-27-18
- • The Spiritual Impact Of The Aquarius Full Moon And Total Lunar Eclipse
- • Full Moon Lunar Eclipse in Aquarius, July 27, 2018 ~ Conscious Release
- • This Capricorn Full Moon Helps To Calm Rattled Nerves
- • Moon Names
- • New Moon Update 7-12-18
- • The Spiritual Powers Of The Cancer New Moon & Partial Solar Eclipse
- • Friday 13th July New Moon - Sirius Isis Alignment
- June (9)
- • Enjoying The Blessings Of The Upcoming Capricorn Full Moon
- • Full Moon Update 6-27-18
- • Lunar Eclipse 27 July 2018 - Blood Moon
- • Full Moon 28 June 2018 - Break Free
- • New Moon Update 6-13-18
- • The Spiritual Powers Of The Gemini New Moon Energy Field
- • New Moon in Gemini, June 13th, 2018 ~ Quantum Shifts in Consciousness
- • New Moon 13 June 2018 - Lucky Stars
- • The Meaning Of The Moon Phase Of Your Birthday
- May (6)
- April (10)
- • The Full Moon in Scorpio and Relationships
- • Full Moon in Scorpio, April 30, 2018 - Exhumed
- • Full Moon Update 4-29-18
- • The Spiritual Influence The Full Moon In Scorpio Will Bring
- • Full Moon 29 April 2018 - Final Success
- • The New Moon In Aries Conjunct Uranus In Relationships
- • New Moon Update 4-15-18
- • New Moon in Aries, April 15, 2018 ~ A Catalyst for Change
- • The Spiritual Influence The Upcoming Aries New Moon Is Providing
- • New Moon 15 April 2018 - A New Day
- March (8)
- • Full Moon Update 3-31-18
- • How The Libra Full Moon Energies Are Influencing Our Life
- • Blue Moon 31 March 2018 – Full Moon Blues
- • Some Brief Notes On The New Moon In Pisces
- • New Moon Update 3-17-18
- • The Spiritual Influence Of The Pisces New Moon Energies
- • New Moon 17 March 2018 - Sexual Healing
- • Tonight Is The Full Crow Moon In Virgo - Get Ready For A Major Energy Shift!
- February (7)
- • Full Moon Update 3-1-18
- • The Spiritual Influence The Upcoming Virgo Full Moon Is Promising
- • Full Moon 1 March 2018 – Detoxify
- • The Spiritual Impact Of The Aquarius New Moon And Solar Eclipse
- • New Moon Solar Eclipse in Aquarius, February 15, 2018
- • New Moon/Solar Eclipse Update 2-15-18
- • New Moon Eclipse in Aquarius: The Path Ahead
- January (13)
- • Blood Super Moon Lunar Eclipse 31.1.18
- • The January 2018 “Super Blue Blood Moon” and the Leo/Aquarius axis
- • 31st Jan 2018: Lunar Eclipse in Leo
- • Full Moon Update 1-31-18
- • The Spiritual Influence This Leo Full Moon And Lunar Eclipse Have On Us
- • Lunar Eclipse 31 January 2018 - Super Woman
- • New Moon in Capricorn - Onwards!
- • New Moon in Capricorn, January 16/17, 2018 ~ Becoming Masters of New Earth
- • Understanding The Energies Field Of The Capricorn New Moon
- • New Moon Update 1-16-18
- • New Moon January 2018 - Flames of Love
- • Tonight Is The First (and Largest) Super Full Moon Of 2018 - Get Ready For An Energetic Bang!
- • A Cancerian Supermoon for the New Year
- 2017 (1)
- March (1)
- 2015 (1)
- 2014 (4)
- November (1)
- October (2)
- April (1)
- 2013 (1)
- September (1)
- 2012 (1)
- July (1)