Category: Moon Cycles Written by Lena Stevens Views: 1460
Full Moon with a partial Lunar Eclipse is Tuesday, July 16 at 3:38 PM Mountain Daylight Time (MDT).
Although this eclipse is only a partial one, the energy may in fact feel more intense than the last one. It is the completion of the bookended time of powerful opportunity for taking responsibility for your own evolution including the clearing of old patterns, attachments and beliefs. This last couple of weeks have included the best of times and the worst of times, stretching us through challenge and crisis to expand beyond what we considered possible. Our inner and outer worlds have been shaken up, sometimes in positive directions of new and inspiring opportunities, and sometimes through challenges leading to dismantling sections of a life we were familiar with. The aftermath of this will continue through out the rest of month. Remember that friction is necessary to ignite change and evolution.
We have been encouraged to tell the truth and reconfigure our intentions to fit a new paradigm. This is a crucial time for us as a species on the planet. Change is inevitable and it has to begin from within.
This moon supports spiritual expansion, awakening and anchoring of new and disciplined intentions helping us to move into change instead of away from it. If crisis comes your way, see it as an opportunity. Most importantly, tell the truth about what is most important to you and allow yourself to embrace it, feel it and live it.
Please note the Astrological Notes cover the whole moon cycle from the New Moon on July 2nd through this Full Moon/Lunar Eclipse Time. Full Moon/Eclipse info is contained within the report.
Please note that the Astrological Notes cover the whole moon cycle from New Moon on June 3 until July 1. Full moon info is contained within, below.
CANCER NEW MOON CYCLE ~ JULY 2-JULY 30
Sun and Moon in Cancer 10º
Total Solar Eclipse
Tuesday, July 2
1:16 pm Mountain Daylight Time/(7:16 pm GMT)
Capricorn Full Moon 24º
Partial Lunar Eclipse
Tuesday, July 16
3:38 pm Mountain Daylight Time/(9:38 pm GMT)
Our Cancer New Moon cycle is filled with dynamic influences for releasing, resetting and beginning anew primarily because the North/South nodal axis is also in Cancer/Capricorn at this time, and it is the nodal axis that creates eclipses. So any influences we have are magnified by first the total solar eclipse on New Moon and then followed by the lunar eclipse on Full Moon.
The Nodal Axis has been in Cancer/Capricorn since November 2018 and will be there until May 2020 roughly a year and a half in each sign pair and 19 years to complete a full zodiac cycle. How are the goals and plans you were focused on in ’09-10 culminating now? Or look back to the last Cancer North Node cycle in late 2000 at the degree we have it now. Do you still carry a seed inside yourself from that time of growth 19 years ago?
Cancer North Node simultaneously aligned with Sun and Moon in Cancer at New Moon puts a profound emphasis on the sign ruling the home, our tribe, our security needs, our emotional bodies, issues of mothering and our own mothers, how we nourish ourselves and others, and the legacies of our ancestral lineage. These are the areas of our greatest learning and growing now. Look to which house or area of life this is playing out for you.
Cancer, as the personal, feminine water sign, says we must lean into our intuitive senses, strengthen our ability to receive, quiet our anxieties, and learn that caring for security needs is the foundation of our lives just like Cancer is the foundation of the chart. When feeling safe, Cancer can expose the sensitive and intimate part of themselves; their protection, like the hard shell of the crab, falls away and their empathy and instinctual wisdom knows no bounds.
Cancer is the only sign ruled by the Moon and Cancer rules the life-giving breasts and the nourishing stomach as well as the invisible, yet powerful flow of our emotional currents, which is how Cancer gets the reputation of being moody and how their own emotional state affects their health.
Most significant in the New Moon Eclipse chart is the conjunction of Saturn at exactly the same degree as the South Node and in very close proximity to Pluto all in Capricorn. Pluto transforms and evolves whatever it touches; lead will be transformed into gold. Saturn shows us our fears and inadequacies and helps us grow beyond our limitations by demanding discipline, focus and taking responsibility over and over again for the life in which we find ourselves. Saturn tends to rule the past, the way it was or always has been. It’s like the skeleton that is the framework for the body. It’s hard, strong, gives form, but can’t give way and breaks with great consequence. We find ourselves in a time of powerful shift with much resistance polarizing us into opposing sides – those supporting the past and those choosing evolution and change.
For a perspective, Saturn and Pluto were conjunct in Capricorn during the radical reigns of Charlemagne (700’s), Kublai Khan (1200’s), and Moctezuma-Cortés (1500’s) times when major structural changes shifted religious, cultural, power and territorial dynamics. * You are participating in an alchemical process where you are being asked to shed the structure of your entire lineage to embrace the unification of the physical and the spiritual. Consciousness, the planet, you are in a powerful evolutionary shift. This month is one of challenge, crisis and growth.
Pallas Athena, The Warrior Queen, asteroid of creative intelligence, strategic thinking, electric-magnetic healing arts, and protectress of the state and issues of war, peace, and justice and patroness of crafts people and artistic visionaries is squaring and challenging the Sun, Moon and North Node as well as the South Node with Saturn and Pluto. A stressful aspect like this, “… may point to weakness in character, a lack of tact and diplomacy, ruthless aggressiveness or the inability to resist attack.” (D. George and D. Bloch, Asteroid Goddesses, 1986, Ibis Press). By the time of the Lunar Eclipse on July 16, this continuing configuration will be exact, so the influence will be prolonged and a centerpiece of this eclipse season.
Saturn is sextile to Neptune in Pisces, which gives us access to making conscious choices to surrender our addictive behaviors and the discipline to stick to our vows. Neptune is showing the way with her feminine gift of effortless surrender and unity with Spirit.
Mercury, now in Leo, moves retrograde on July 7 until July 31 and regains its 4º Leo starting point on August 15 giving us a period of time to reassess how we want to express ourselves out in the world and realign our creative projects to again resonate with their source in our imagination and intuition. We have a portal to dip back into the heart and emotional realms when Mercury reenters Cancer on July 19 and revisits the last degrees of the sign. Mercury in Leo has an uplifting, inspired, enthusiastic quality we can use to balance out the more intense aspects of the month.
Chiron also goes retrograde on July 8 in Aries 5º. We get to work through areas where our pride goeth before a fall and where arrogance hides our feelings of low self-confidence. When we find our truth, we can lead by example for others.
Between the eclipses, Mars in Leo will square Uranus in Taurus on July 11 indicating a need to choose our words and actions carefully and exercise some self-control. With skill, you may be able to channel this into a huge creative push.
FULL MOON and CAPRICORN LUNAR ECLIPSE on Tuesday, July 16th at 24º is a continuation of the New Moon’s growing pains to push us deeper and reach higher. When many astrologers did their 2019 yearly forecasts, this is the month and eclipse window they pointed to for Big Change!
This may be the stronger of the two eclipses as Pallas Athena in Libra exactly squares the North/South Nodes at 17º Cancer/Capricorn lighting up the themes of home and career, inner and outer worlds. At the same time, Eris in Aries, our feminine spiritual warrior, goddess of discord, exactly squares the Sun and Moon at 24º Cancer/Capricorn. Eris is known for stirring up controversy that leads to a resettling of circumstances in a whole new way. Squares help us bring into awareness what needs to be dealt with to clear obstacles to our progress. Pallas may serve up an inspiration that makes your relationships and business arrangements work more cooperatively. Eris on the other hand may precipitate a blowout that in the end clears the air.
Saturn in Capricorn is the chart ruler and why we feel the weight of reality upon our mood. Saturn as Lord of Karma and Keeper of Time is the taskmaster who teaches us maturity, discipline and focus on what we want to accomplish in the material world. There is much to be gained if we don’t resist the limitations we feel are being imposed on our freedom. Saturn rewards realism, practicality, consistency, and one foot in front of the other as we climb the mountain of the goals we have set for our selves. With Saturn at the South Node, it’s time to prune what isn’t working.
We will see the next eclipse window on Dec. 25, 2019 and Jan. 10, 2020 also in Capricorn/Cancer but much more benevolently aligned with Jupiter-the Expansive Gift Giver. But this current eclipse series aligned so closely with the Nodes and Saturn/Pluto marks a definitive crescendo of releasing old beliefs, structures and patterns from deep within our core natures that we cannot carry into the next phase of our lives. We are collectively clearing the path to deepen our relationship with Spirit.
In this Cancer month, find what feeds you, supports and nourishes you – maybe it’s the challenge of facing your fears, or the flow of working with others, or anchoring your chosen tribe, or just the rush of a fresh fruit pie. With Venus exactly opposite Saturn, we will have to look to love and our feminine values to balance out the sterner realities of a Moon eclipse cycle of release and growth.
All times are in Mountain Standard Time (MST)
- 07/22 Sun enters Leo 8:50 PM MDT
- 07/31 Leo New Moon 8º 9:11 PM PDT/Super Moon
- 07/31 Mercury direct 24º Cancer
- 08/15 Aquarius Full Moon 22º 6:29 AM MDT
Lena is an internationally known teacher and shamanic practitioner. She apprenticed for 10 years with a Huichol Shaman from Mexico and has studied cross cultural shamanic healing from numerous traditions including the Amazon basin, Native American, Northern European and Siberian. Lena has taught and worked with individuals, groups, businesses and communities for the past 25 years, helping to bring shamanic nature based wisdom back into people's lives. One of her specialities is the woven song tradition of the Shipibo tribe in the Peruvian Amazon, the singing of Icaros or healing songs. The individual healing work with these energy patterns through song and other shamanic techniques has had a powerful impact on her clients. Lena is the co-author of the "Secrets of Shamanism, How to Tap the Spirit Power Within" and a contributor to "The Power Path". Along with husband and partner Jose, she is the co-founder and one of the primary instructors of Power Path Seminars and the School of Shamanism. Source Here
ॐ Namasté - Blessings!
© 2008-2019 crystalwind.ca. All rights reserved.
Current Moon Cycles Videos
Archive: Moon Cycles
- 2019 (38)
- July (3)
- June (6)
- May (3)
- April (6)
- March (7)
- February (5)
- January (8)
- • New Moon 4 February 2019 - Hope and Goodwill
- • Full Moon Update 1-20-19
- • The Spiritual Impact The Leo Full Moon And Total Lunar Eclipse Are Bringing
- • Lunar Eclipse 21 January 2019 - Change and Opportunity
- • The Spiritual Impact Of The New Moon in Capricorn With Solar Eclipse
- • The Partial Solar Eclipse On Jan 5th/6th - In Relationships!
- • Solar Eclipse 5 January 2019 - Big Business
- • New Moon/Eclipse Update 1-5-19
- 2018 (87)
- December (5)
- November (6)
- October (7)
- • New Moon 7 November 2018 - Say Sorry and Move On
- • Full Moon Update 10-24-18
- • The Spiritual Influence The Full Moon In Taurus Will Bring
- • Full Moon 24 October 2018 - Unexpected Love
- • New Moon Update 10-8-18
- • The Spiritual Influence The Upcoming Libra New Moon Is Providing
- • New Moon 8 October 2018 - Transformation
- September (9)
- • The Full Moon in Aries - in Relationships
- • Equinox - Aries Full Moon Update
- • The Spiritual Impact The Aries Full Moon Is Promising
- • Full Moon 24 September 2018 - Overcome Your Fears
- • New Moon Update 9-9-18
- • 9th September 2018: New Moon in Virgo
- • The New Moon in Virgo on Sept 9th in Relationships
- • New Moon 9 September 2018 - Opportunity and Success
- • The Spiritual Influence Of The Virgo New Moon Energies
- August (5)
- July (8)
- • Teachings From The Aquarius Full Moon For The Golden Age Of Aquarius
- • Full Moon Eclipse Update 7-27-18
- • The Spiritual Impact Of The Aquarius Full Moon And Total Lunar Eclipse
- • Full Moon Lunar Eclipse in Aquarius, July 27, 2018 ~ Conscious Release
- • Moon Names
- • New Moon Update 7-12-18
- • The Spiritual Powers Of The Cancer New Moon & Partial Solar Eclipse
- • Friday 13th July New Moon - Sirius Isis Alignment
- June (9)
- • Enjoying The Blessings Of The Upcoming Capricorn Full Moon
- • Full Moon Update 6-27-18
- • Lunar Eclipse 27 July 2018 - Blood Moon
- • Full Moon 28 June 2018 - Break Free
- • New Moon Update 6-13-18
- • The Spiritual Powers Of The Gemini New Moon Energy Field
- • New Moon in Gemini, June 13th, 2018 ~ Quantum Shifts in Consciousness
- • New Moon 13 June 2018 - Lucky Stars
- • The Meaning Of The Moon Phase Of Your Birthday
- May (6)
- April (10)
- • The Full Moon in Scorpio and Relationships
- • Full Moon in Scorpio, April 30, 2018 - Exhumed
- • Full Moon Update 4-29-18
- • The Spiritual Influence The Full Moon In Scorpio Will Bring
- • Full Moon 29 April 2018 - Final Success
- • The New Moon In Aries Conjunct Uranus In Relationships
- • New Moon Update 4-15-18
- • New Moon in Aries, April 15, 2018 ~ A Catalyst for Change
- • The Spiritual Influence The Upcoming Aries New Moon Is Providing
- • New Moon 15 April 2018 - A New Day
- March (8)
- • Full Moon Update 3-31-18
- • How The Libra Full Moon Energies Are Influencing Our Life
- • Blue Moon 31 March 2018 – Full Moon Blues
- • Some Brief Notes On The New Moon In Pisces
- • New Moon Update 3-17-18
- • The Spiritual Influence Of The Pisces New Moon Energies
- • New Moon 17 March 2018 - Sexual Healing
- • Tonight Is The Full Crow Moon In Virgo - Get Ready For A Major Energy Shift!
- February (6)
- January (8)
- • Blood Super Moon Lunar Eclipse 31.1.18
- • 31st Jan 2018: Lunar Eclipse in Leo
- • Full Moon Update 1-31-18
- • The Spiritual Influence This Leo Full Moon And Lunar Eclipse Have On Us
- • Lunar Eclipse 31 January 2018 - Super Woman
- • New Moon in Capricorn - Onwards!
- • New Moon in Capricorn, January 16/17, 2018 ~ Becoming Masters of New Earth
- • Understanding The Energies Field Of The Capricorn New Moon
- 2017 (1)
- March (1)
- 2015 (1)
- 2014 (4)
- November (1)
- October (2)
- April (1)
- 2013 (1)
- September (1)
- 2012 (1)
- July (1)