Category: Moon Cycles Written by Lena Stevens Hits: 1568
New Moon is Monday, February 4 at 2:04 PM Mountain Standard Time (MST).
This New Moon is very activating and care must be taken not to project or misread the emotional content that may be coming up. Your creative energy wants to be freed and sometimes what brings that about is a spark or ignition fueled by discontent and aggravation. The ultimate goal for this new moon is to activate and free up your creativity so it is important that you move through the irritation and other edgy emotions as quickly as possible and keep your eye on the goal.
What helps is to focus on the bigger dreams and passions that you wish to reconnect with even though they may seem very far away at this time. Be as neutral as possible about your discontent with the intention of using it as an ally for change. Keep your vibration as high as possible by doing something that is inspiring to you. And if you are still cleaning and clearing, do a bit of that today as well.
This new moon is an excellent time to revisit your boundaries, your rules and reconnect with what you have a true passion for. Spend a bit of time remembering what it felt like to be passionate about your dreams. What did you dream about when the world was one big possibility for you? Bring that inspiration back as fuel for a new version of the same passion.
Aquarius New Moon
Sun in Aquarius ~ Moon in Aquarius 15º
Mon. February 4, 2:04 PM Mountain Standard Time
(Mon. February 4, 9:03 PM Greenwich Mean Time)
New Moon reads like the extra loud previews at the movies before the feature you came for. We have Sun and Moon in fixed, power sign Aquarius in the mid-degree of the Air element, so we know change and movement, shifting realities, flexibility and grappling with the mental realms are on the menu as entrees.
Mercury (20º) rides closely with the Sun/Moon in a Aquarius bringing neutrality and the yearning to communicate frankly and connect with like-minded people. And right behind Mercury, we find Black Moon Lilith (20º) grabbing the opportunity while she is in Aquarius to link with this portal at New Moon and prepare us for the upcoming conjunctions in 2020 that will lead us out of the old ways of the traditional establishment (Capricorn) and into the new ways of Aquarius in the following decade.
Black Moon Lilith adds a certain flavor to the New Moon. She’s a shadow-like force issuing an invitation to communicate with our own energy blocks – what is denied, trapped, repressed, limited by our chosen circumstances, where our personal power has been restricted and bled off into addictions, habits and self destructive thinking and behaviors. These can rear a head and be seen and engaged at this time or become destructive and unwholesome influences in our lives. In Aquarius, Black Moon Lilith requires us to speak truth and own our bodies and its embodied wisdom and the magnificent power of the womb out of which the mystery of life emerges from the dark void. It’s not a gender issue; we all have the need to heal our relationship with the Feminine Spirit.
If we engage, we can potentially call up the transformation of inner shadow issues into authentic action, which is what Aquarius wants. We free our creativity and the collective moves forward in consciousness. Of course, the preparatory work is done in the dark, below ground, at the New of the Moon at 15º.
Recall this about 15º from last time:
“Resistance” is the quality of 15º, but not the kind of opposition or defensiveness we are programmed to assume. “Resistance is something else altogether. Resistance is a friction that causes energy to experience itself, transform itself, and realign itself with greater purpose”. (Connie Kaplan in The Invisible Garment analyzing the spiritual principle of each degree of the zodiac circle.)
Not a long lasting influence, yet a notably powerful one at this particular New Moon in Aquarius, one of the few times Black Moon Lilith has access to the power of the Sun and the Moon to do her work this year. You will know if you are chosen. And as I said, in this chart we have a preview of the main attraction to come when Jupiter, Saturn, and Pluto begin the shift into Aquarius in 2020.
Jupiter is the balance to all this inner work with an exuberance and aspect of hope and moving forward coming from a sextile (opportunity, ease, support) to Lilith, Mercury, Sun and Moon. Jupiter is optimistically in its own sign of Sagittarius until late in the year and brings just the perfect mix of expansive everything-looks-good-from-here attitude and the search for truth, meaning and purpose that we need right now. Jupiter in Sagittarius also brings tolerance, and a love of those who may have different beliefs or cultural behaviors yet expand our world in beautiful and inspiring ways. ‘Tolerance and loving kindness’ for self and others is our guide to understanding.
Mars and Uranus in late Aries are moving into conjunction at New Moon and will be exact Feb 12-13. This is considered a volatile, intense relating between the planet of passion and action and the planet creator of radical, sudden change. Coming in the 29th degree of Aries gives it the quality of that fulcrum point of change when the balance tips the other way (into the next sign), ties are loosened, ‘resistance is futile’, the movement of the spirit of the cosmos drives us forward. You’ll want to channel this energy; Mars likes to be useful and given a mission, a task. Let Mars move something to the next level so it remains constructive. Learn to work with patience.
Uranus makes a big jump into Taurus on March 6 and will be there until 2026. We may expect changes in our economy, currencies and food resources. More about this later.
In this same time frame, Chiron too is at this 29th degree of change and is making its way out of Pisces and into Aries on February 18 until 2027. Chiron can help to heal our identity and separation from our divine selves. We will no longer deny our individual importance and we will heal the inner divine masculine and be willing to be seen, show up and take responsibility for the life we have created. We have an opportunity to heal the dragon of self-deprecation. Those of you born 1968 to 1977 will experience your Chiron return at around age 50. One of the most important transits of the life, this is where one transforms one’s shame, woundedness and hidden parts into personal power and ability to complete your true purpose for this lifetime.
Chinese New Year begins this New Moon on Feb 5 in the US ~ an Earth Boar Year, so some grounded ease and practicality can be expected. The Boar is the last sign of the Chinese zodiac and represents a year of culmination before new beginnings.
Keep in mind we are still in a period without retrogrades until March 5. Apply this forward motion to your list of resolutions and intentions to make the most of it.
All times are in Mountain Standard Time (MST)
- 02/18 Sun enters Pisces 4:03 PM MST
- 02/19 Virgo Full Moon 0º 8:53 AM MST (SuperMoon)
- 03/05 Mercury retrograde 29º Pisces until 3/28
- 03/06 Pisces New Moon 15º 9:04 AM MST
- 03/10 Daylight Savings Time begins in USA
Image by CrystalWind.ca
Lena is an internationally known teacher and shamanic practitioner. She apprenticed for 10 years with a Huichol Shaman from Mexico and has studied cross cultural shamanic healing from numerous traditions including the Amazon basin, Native American, Northern European and Siberian. Lena has taught and worked with individuals, groups, businesses and communities for the past 25 years, helping to bring shamanic nature based wisdom back into people's lives. One of her specialities is the woven song tradition of the Shipibo tribe in the Peruvian Amazon, the singing of Icaros or healing songs. The individual healing work with these energy patterns through song and other shamanic techniques has had a powerful impact on her clients. Lena is the co-author of the "Secrets of Shamanism, How to Tap the Spirit Power Within" and a contributor to "The Power Path". Along with husband and partner Jose, she is the co-founder and one of the primary instructors of Power Path Seminars and the School of Shamanism. Source Here
ॐ Namasté - Blessings!
© 2008-2019 crystalwind.ca. All rights reserved.
Current Moon Cycles Videos
Archive: Moon Cycles
- 2019 (33)
- June (4)
- May (3)
- April (6)
- March (7)
- February (5)
- January (8)
- • New Moon 4 February 2019 - Hope and Goodwill
- • Full Moon Update 1-20-19
- • The Spiritual Impact The Leo Full Moon And Total Lunar Eclipse Are Bringing
- • Lunar Eclipse 21 January 2019 - Change and Opportunity
- • The Spiritual Impact Of The New Moon in Capricorn With Solar Eclipse
- • The Partial Solar Eclipse On Jan 5th/6th - In Relationships!
- • Solar Eclipse 5 January 2019 - Big Business
- • New Moon/Eclipse Update 1-5-19
- 2018 (87)
- December (5)
- November (6)
- October (7)
- • New Moon 7 November 2018 - Say Sorry and Move On
- • Full Moon Update 10-24-18
- • The Spiritual Influence The Full Moon In Taurus Will Bring
- • Full Moon 24 October 2018 - Unexpected Love
- • New Moon Update 10-8-18
- • The Spiritual Influence The Upcoming Libra New Moon Is Providing
- • New Moon 8 October 2018 - Transformation
- September (9)
- • The Full Moon in Aries - in Relationships
- • Equinox - Aries Full Moon Update
- • The Spiritual Impact The Aries Full Moon Is Promising
- • Full Moon 24 September 2018 - Overcome Your Fears
- • New Moon Update 9-9-18
- • 9th September 2018: New Moon in Virgo
- • The New Moon in Virgo on Sept 9th in Relationships
- • New Moon 9 September 2018 - Opportunity and Success
- • The Spiritual Influence Of The Virgo New Moon Energies
- August (5)
- July (8)
- • Teachings From The Aquarius Full Moon For The Golden Age Of Aquarius
- • Full Moon Eclipse Update 7-27-18
- • The Spiritual Impact Of The Aquarius Full Moon And Total Lunar Eclipse
- • Full Moon Lunar Eclipse in Aquarius, July 27, 2018 ~ Conscious Release
- • Moon Names
- • New Moon Update 7-12-18
- • The Spiritual Powers Of The Cancer New Moon & Partial Solar Eclipse
- • Friday 13th July New Moon - Sirius Isis Alignment
- June (9)
- • Enjoying The Blessings Of The Upcoming Capricorn Full Moon
- • Full Moon Update 6-27-18
- • Lunar Eclipse 27 July 2018 - Blood Moon
- • Full Moon 28 June 2018 - Break Free
- • New Moon Update 6-13-18
- • The Spiritual Powers Of The Gemini New Moon Energy Field
- • New Moon in Gemini, June 13th, 2018 ~ Quantum Shifts in Consciousness
- • New Moon 13 June 2018 - Lucky Stars
- • The Meaning Of The Moon Phase Of Your Birthday
- May (6)
- April (10)
- • The Full Moon in Scorpio and Relationships
- • Full Moon in Scorpio, April 30, 2018 - Exhumed
- • Full Moon Update 4-29-18
- • The Spiritual Influence The Full Moon In Scorpio Will Bring
- • Full Moon 29 April 2018 - Final Success
- • The New Moon In Aries Conjunct Uranus In Relationships
- • New Moon Update 4-15-18
- • New Moon in Aries, April 15, 2018 ~ A Catalyst for Change
- • The Spiritual Influence The Upcoming Aries New Moon Is Providing
- • New Moon 15 April 2018 - A New Day
- March (8)
- • Full Moon Update 3-31-18
- • How The Libra Full Moon Energies Are Influencing Our Life
- • Blue Moon 31 March 2018 – Full Moon Blues
- • Some Brief Notes On The New Moon In Pisces
- • New Moon Update 3-17-18
- • The Spiritual Influence Of The Pisces New Moon Energies
- • New Moon 17 March 2018 - Sexual Healing
- • Tonight Is The Full Crow Moon In Virgo - Get Ready For A Major Energy Shift!
- February (6)
- January (8)
- • Blood Super Moon Lunar Eclipse 31.1.18
- • 31st Jan 2018: Lunar Eclipse in Leo
- • Full Moon Update 1-31-18
- • The Spiritual Influence This Leo Full Moon And Lunar Eclipse Have On Us
- • Lunar Eclipse 31 January 2018 - Super Woman
- • New Moon in Capricorn - Onwards!
- • New Moon in Capricorn, January 16/17, 2018 ~ Becoming Masters of New Earth
- • Understanding The Energies Field Of The Capricorn New Moon
- 2017 (1)
- March (1)
- 2015 (1)
- 2014 (4)
- November (1)
- October (2)
- April (1)
- 2013 (1)
- September (1)
- 2012 (1)
- July (1)