Category: Moon Cycles Written by Lena Stevens Views: 1459
New Moon is Saturday, May 4 at 4:45 PM Mountain Daylight Time (MDT).
This new moon is grounded and offers a chance to accept change as the norm rather than a random act. As you become more aware of your process of growth, also become aware of a new sense of stability that comes from within instead of relying on the known and familiar aspects of your external environment.
This is a fertile time to set intentions around your commitment to become more aware, responsible, proactive and present. Work with the questions of who, where, what and with whom as an exercise to focus your awareness of where you are in your life right now. If you get clarity regarding a needed change, move into that change with ease and grace.
Taurus New Moon
Sun in Taurus ~ Moon in Taurus 14º
Saturnday, May 4, 4:45 PM Mountain Daylight Time
(Sat. May 4, 10:45 PM Greenwich Mean Time)
Beautiful, strong Taurus, you teach us to enjoy the riches of the Earth plane, to be resourceful, to know what we value, to dig in and work for what we want, to use the fecundity all around us to create abundance, and to value stability, consistency, and loyalty. A fixed, earth sign, Taurus with the rulership of Venus, Goddess of Love (and pleasure) is a fertile combination to begin a new cycle. We are in the period of Beltane celebration, cross quarter day and midpoint between spring and summer in the North (fall and winter in the Southern Hemisphere). Plants and animals are busy growing and reproducing, and gratitude is strong for our beautiful home planet. It’s a time to celebrate and dance and sing our joy to be alive and in a body.
The Sun and Moon, being in this power, earth sign, Taurus, are in an easing, helpful aspect to the Nodes in Cancer/Capricorn. Thanks be to the Divine! We can use a breather. The South Node has us in a major metamorphic neck hold with Saturn and Pluto in close conjunction creating a major release portal for the past, rigidity, power abuse, and doing the same ole routines that used to work and will no longer be relevant come the planetary resets of 2020. We are experiencing ground-shifting change personally and within our society. We are being asked to dig to the core of our core. Sun/Moon in Taurus is sextile the North Node and trine the South Node. Nature is our ally. Self-reliance is boosted. Riding the waves of chaos and destruction of the familiar is made more palatable. ‘Adapt’ is our new password.
The recent major planetary shift of Uranus into Taurus until 2026 has us adjusting to a new arena where a period of chaos and awakening can bring in a whole new way of being. Inspiration resides with Uranus, also the quirky, the innovative, the rebellious, and the fanatic. In this chart Mercury is closing in on Uranus and they will meet on May 8 in Taurus. Even if circumstances don’t shift, you can expect perceptions to shift, how you view a situation, an unexpected boost in frequency or the effect of a sudden release of a stuck mind set into a more harmonious flow. Perhaps we will be able to see the ‘big’ picture of change more easily and relax into an exhale and the groundedness of Taurus’ influence. This Taurus New Moon marks a welcoming to Uranus to full expression in its new sign.
Jupiter in Sagittarius 23º, well placed in the sign it naturally rules, is in direct opposition to Mars in Gemini 22º. Mars travelling ‘out of bounds’ for another six weeks means it’s untethered, wild, not playing by the rules and feeling frisky and risky. Jupiter’s opposition whose nature is to encourage boldness and largess in all forms is generally encouraging Mars to act out. Out of bounds Mars is known for IRRITATION, brashness, aggression even violence, but Gemini is more a mental sign than a physical one. In this case, watch those slips of the tongue; they may carry more torque than you intended. Monitor the sarcasm and quick, clever retorts as they may carry a sting. With awareness and grace, this Mars/Jupiter pairing can be channeled into seeing from a fresh mental perspective. You might listen to your mental voices and hear ego leading you in a dubious direction and BAM! You have a mini epiphany and a whole new perspective on your life and the negativity your ego projects out there on others (bosses, spouses, neighbors, news) gets owned, and you begin to see how taking care of yourself, coming firmly from the love you are, getting the love you need from yourself and your relationship with Spirit is the way through the transformation you’re called on to make.
Neptune making a long, slow journey through Pisces, the sign it rules, is also in a supportive relationship and providing emotional balance to both the Taurus Sun/Moon and to the demanding Capricorn South Node/Saturn/Pluto alignment. Neptune is like a solvent that helps dissolve all that needs to be released, all that needs to be surrendered. Neptune will help us connect in consciousness to a new dream, to make a sacred space to tune in to the music of the heavenly realms and to help us reach down into our souls to the poetry of these transitioning times that are asking so much of us. Let Neptune in Pisces open the field of compassion and unify us all through the heart and feeling nature.
Pallas Athena in Libra and Ceres in Sagittarius create a Finger of God formation focused on the Sun/Moon in Taurus. Thus the New Moon is used as an extension of Spirit with all of its aspects magnified and supported by Spirit. Ceres is a mother goddess, for nurturing and guiding us into other realms-birth, death, sacred ceremony. Athena is our creative, strategic intelligence, energetic healer and protectress of justice and culture. This New Moon cycle is heavily supported by benevolent forces and alignments. Clarity will come about what we truly value. We still have a predominance of initiating, action-taking cardinal signs in this chart (Aries, Libra, Cancer, Capricorn) to help us see our next best step.
It’s a luscious time this Taurus New Moon cycle ruled by Venus. Make some tangible goals for bringing enjoyment through the body and to bring more beauty into your life. Receive the abundance you are offered and honor your havingness and the resources you have accumulated. Send love and gratitude to Mother Earth, Gaia, Pachamama for all her gifts.
All times are in Mountain Standard Time (MST)
05/18 Scorpio Full Moon 27º 3:12 PM MDT
05/21 Sun enters Gemini 1:59 AM MDT
06/03 Gemini New Moon 12º 4:02 AM MDT
Join Anna for a Group Remote Shamanic Healing on Monday April 22 at 7PM. MOST helpful during these times! Link Here
(For those in Santa Fe, you might want to experience this in the Salt Cave: 505-365-2875)
Lena is an internationally known teacher and shamanic practitioner. She apprenticed for 10 years with a Huichol Shaman from Mexico and has studied cross cultural shamanic healing from numerous traditions including the Amazon basin, Native American, Northern European and Siberian. Lena has taught and worked with individuals, groups, businesses and communities for the past 25 years, helping to bring shamanic nature based wisdom back into people's lives. One of her specialities is the woven song tradition of the Shipibo tribe in the Peruvian Amazon, the singing of Icaros or healing songs. The individual healing work with these energy patterns through song and other shamanic techniques has had a powerful impact on her clients. Lena is the co-author of the "Secrets of Shamanism, How to Tap the Spirit Power Within" and a contributor to "The Power Path". Along with husband and partner Jose, she is the co-founder and one of the primary instructors of Power Path Seminars and the School of Shamanism. Source Here
ॐ Namasté - Blessings!
© 2008-2019 crystalwind.ca. All rights reserved.
Archive: Moon Cycles
- 2019 (38)
- July (3)
- June (6)
- May (3)
- April (6)
- March (7)
- February (5)
- January (8)
- • New Moon 4 February 2019 - Hope and Goodwill
- • Full Moon Update 1-20-19
- • The Spiritual Impact The Leo Full Moon And Total Lunar Eclipse Are Bringing
- • Lunar Eclipse 21 January 2019 - Change and Opportunity
- • The Spiritual Impact Of The New Moon in Capricorn With Solar Eclipse
- • The Partial Solar Eclipse On Jan 5th/6th - In Relationships!
- • Solar Eclipse 5 January 2019 - Big Business
- • New Moon/Eclipse Update 1-5-19
- 2018 (87)
- December (5)
- November (6)
- October (7)
- • New Moon 7 November 2018 - Say Sorry and Move On
- • Full Moon Update 10-24-18
- • The Spiritual Influence The Full Moon In Taurus Will Bring
- • Full Moon 24 October 2018 - Unexpected Love
- • New Moon Update 10-8-18
- • The Spiritual Influence The Upcoming Libra New Moon Is Providing
- • New Moon 8 October 2018 - Transformation
- September (9)
- • The Full Moon in Aries - in Relationships
- • Equinox - Aries Full Moon Update
- • The Spiritual Impact The Aries Full Moon Is Promising
- • Full Moon 24 September 2018 - Overcome Your Fears
- • New Moon Update 9-9-18
- • 9th September 2018: New Moon in Virgo
- • The New Moon in Virgo on Sept 9th in Relationships
- • New Moon 9 September 2018 - Opportunity and Success
- • The Spiritual Influence Of The Virgo New Moon Energies
- August (5)
- July (8)
- • Teachings From The Aquarius Full Moon For The Golden Age Of Aquarius
- • Full Moon Eclipse Update 7-27-18
- • The Spiritual Impact Of The Aquarius Full Moon And Total Lunar Eclipse
- • Full Moon Lunar Eclipse in Aquarius, July 27, 2018 ~ Conscious Release
- • Moon Names
- • New Moon Update 7-12-18
- • The Spiritual Powers Of The Cancer New Moon & Partial Solar Eclipse
- • Friday 13th July New Moon - Sirius Isis Alignment
- June (9)
- • Enjoying The Blessings Of The Upcoming Capricorn Full Moon
- • Full Moon Update 6-27-18
- • Lunar Eclipse 27 July 2018 - Blood Moon
- • Full Moon 28 June 2018 - Break Free
- • New Moon Update 6-13-18
- • The Spiritual Powers Of The Gemini New Moon Energy Field
- • New Moon in Gemini, June 13th, 2018 ~ Quantum Shifts in Consciousness
- • New Moon 13 June 2018 - Lucky Stars
- • The Meaning Of The Moon Phase Of Your Birthday
- May (6)
- April (10)
- • The Full Moon in Scorpio and Relationships
- • Full Moon in Scorpio, April 30, 2018 - Exhumed
- • Full Moon Update 4-29-18
- • The Spiritual Influence The Full Moon In Scorpio Will Bring
- • Full Moon 29 April 2018 - Final Success
- • The New Moon In Aries Conjunct Uranus In Relationships
- • New Moon Update 4-15-18
- • New Moon in Aries, April 15, 2018 ~ A Catalyst for Change
- • The Spiritual Influence The Upcoming Aries New Moon Is Providing
- • New Moon 15 April 2018 - A New Day
- March (8)
- • Full Moon Update 3-31-18
- • How The Libra Full Moon Energies Are Influencing Our Life
- • Blue Moon 31 March 2018 – Full Moon Blues
- • Some Brief Notes On The New Moon In Pisces
- • New Moon Update 3-17-18
- • The Spiritual Influence Of The Pisces New Moon Energies
- • New Moon 17 March 2018 - Sexual Healing
- • Tonight Is The Full Crow Moon In Virgo - Get Ready For A Major Energy Shift!
- February (6)
- January (8)
- • Blood Super Moon Lunar Eclipse 31.1.18
- • 31st Jan 2018: Lunar Eclipse in Leo
- • Full Moon Update 1-31-18
- • The Spiritual Influence This Leo Full Moon And Lunar Eclipse Have On Us
- • Lunar Eclipse 31 January 2018 - Super Woman
- • New Moon in Capricorn - Onwards!
- • New Moon in Capricorn, January 16/17, 2018 ~ Becoming Masters of New Earth
- • Understanding The Energies Field Of The Capricorn New Moon
- 2017 (1)
- March (1)
- 2015 (1)
- 2014 (4)
- November (1)
- October (2)
- April (1)
- 2013 (1)
- September (1)
- 2012 (1)
- July (1)