This article was posted by CrystalWind.ca.
Follow the Path of the Ojibway
Category: Walking the Red Road
The Ojibway offer traditional ways to follow the Red Road:
- Give thanks daily to the Creator for all gifts around you.
- Approach each day with a smile, grateful for another opportunity to live.
- Become involved in personal daily ceremony and/or seek out community ceremony.
- Do not judge other two-leggeds. Accept that they are living out their lessons of this earth walk as they should.
- Feed birds in winter, and plant flowers and trees that birds like in the spring.
- Avoid hurting another being. If it is necessary to cut a tree or its limbs, then place tobacco on Mother Earth and give thanks for its gifts. Replace the tree.
- Whenever possible, pick up garbage where it is found.
- Wherever possible, bury animals that you find dead, and place an offering of tobacco in its mouth or on its body.
- Treat the earth and all that dwell upon it with respect.
- Remain close to the Great Spirit.
- Show respect for your fellow beings.
- Work together for the benefit of mankind.
- Give assistance and kindness wherever needed.
- Do what you know is right.
- Look after the well-being of mind and body.
- Dedicate a share of your efforts to the greater good.
- Be truthful and honest at all times.
- Take full responsibility for your actions.
Anishnabe 101: The Basics of What You Need to Know to Begin Your Journey on the Red Road. Published by the Circle of Turtle Lodge our of Golden Lake, Ontario
Spirit Animal Totem Of The Day!
Crystal Of The Day!
Who is Online Now
We have 990 guests and no members online
Featured This Month
Litha - The Midsummer Solstice
The Litha festival is one of the lesser Sabbats of the Witches annual calend... Read more
The Hawthorn Tree - May 13 - June 9
Celtic Symbol : The Chalice Zodiac Degrees : 21º00` Taurus - 17º59 Gemini ... Read more
Litha Sabbat - The Summer Solstice
Gardens are blooming, and summer is in full swing. Fire up the barbeque, turn ... Read more
Crystal Gem: Grids and Gridding
What are Crystal Gem Grids? They are tools for empowerment, for blessings, ... Read more
Deer – Moss Agate – Yarrow – Green and White May 21 to June 20 The Cornpla... Read more
Deer is not only a medicine someone can carry, it is a Native American birth... Read more
The Energy Buster Stone Rutilated Quartz is an illuminator for the soul, pr... Read more
Sun in Gemini
Sun in Gemini May 21 through June 20 An Overview of Sun Sign Characteristic... Read more
A Simple Summer Solstice Ritual with Crystal…
June 20, 2016 is this year’s summer solstice, marking&n... Read more
The Story Behind the Gemini Zodiac Sign The origins of some constellation m... Read more
Birth Totem - Deer
Birth dates: May 21 - June 20 Birth Totem is: Deer Clan of: Butterfly (Air... Read more