Category: Earth Shift Energy Written by Jim Self Views: 2002
Excerpt from the book: Spirit Matters: Down-to-Earth Tools for a Spirited Life. Look at any cut stone. It has many facets, each surface reflecting a different image and light. So do you. You are a multi-faceted being. You are a lover and a gardener, an employee and employer. A parent and a sibling. Behind each of those roles is a system of thoughts and beliefs. You, the gardener, think differently than you, the office manager. You, the lover, hold thoughts quite different from you, the employer. Each facet is a part of your unique whole and reflects a unique part of who you are.
Remember when you were a child and you would place a certain hat upon your head to instantly become that role? You could be a firefighter, a pirate, a magician or a doctor anytime you wished. Same concept here. Conducting a successful business meeting requires a unique thought system and focus of attention. It’s important to be in business mode at business and play mode while playing. You wouldn’t wear your baseball cap to the office, nor your office manager hat at home, however we do this all the time. We wear inappropriate hats. If we wear our relationship hat at work and are preoccupied with the drama at home, this may create errors and low production. If we wear our work hat to bed we might wonder why why we’re not sleeping well.
The following Energy Tool will help focus your full attention on the current circumstance whatever that may be. This is a tool that brings your attention back to the needs at hand and sets the stage for greater success, whether at baseball or board meetings. Your family will enjoy having more of your attention on them, and you’ll enjoy business more when a greater amount of your attention and creativity is focused there.
Energy Tool: Hats
For the purpose of this exercise, let’s assume you want to become more focused at work.
- Take a few minutes and have a seat. Close your eyes for greater focus and be in the Center of Your Head.
- Breathe. Say, “Hello” to your Grounding Cord. Give it the command to magnetically attract to it all the noise in your mind right now. Take a full minute or two to just sit there and release tension and noise.
- If you notice specific thoughts and distracting noise in your mind, grab them and throw them down your Grounding Cord.
- Imagine what your relationship hat might look like on your head. Just make it up and go with the first thing that pops up. Take that hat off and place it on the front seat of your car, out in the company parking lot. You can pick it up later if you like.
- Breathe and return to the Center of Your Head.
- Notice another hat you might be wearing that is not work related. In other words, what else is on your mind or in your space?
- Imagine what that hat looks like and place it outside.
- Continue identifying and removing hats until you don’t notice any others and your mind has quieted down a bit. Here are some hats you might find on your head: sibling, mom/dad, son/daughter, student, boss, coach, party organizer, house-cleaner, plumber, computer guru, or teacher.
- Visualize what a work hat would look like. Make it amusing yet professional. Place it on your head, using your imaginary hands. Make sure it’s snug.
- Tell your body to match the hat. Pause and notice anything and everything. Allow your body to adjust and move to match the intention of business. It may want to straighten up or breathe.
- Tell your mind or Mental Self to match the hat. Pause.
- Tell your Emotional Self to match the hat. Pause.
- Take a deep breath, open your eyes and move with Certainty into your presentation.
Telling your physical, mental and emotional bodies to participate and match your Hat is like asking a group of children to step up to the challenge and fully act their roles in the school play. The team is ready, on deck and prepared to work together for a common goal.
What is going on in your head sets the tone for the rest of your experience. You are what you think. Even truer than that is: You are what hat you are wearing
Next Monday: The Higher Purpose of the Ego
Jim Self is an author, international speaker, and teacher of the Tools for Mastering Alchemy. This work is in co-creation with Archangels, Ascended Masters and Teachers of Light. Free DVD and Free Tele-Classes. Jim is presenting Free in-person classes and the weekend seminar, Creating the Personal Power Field around North America. www.MasteringAlchemy.com or 775-851-8950
© Copyright: You may share this article with your friends as long it is kept whole and our website is included. Thank you.
PLEASE NOTE: Universal Copyright 2010 is authorized here. Please distribute freely as long as the website www.masteringalchemy.com is included as the resource and this information is distributed on a noncommercial no charge basis.
ॐ Namasté - Blessings!
© 2008-2021 crystalwind.ca. All rights reserved.
Crystal Of The Day!
Who is Online Now
We have 1627 guests and no members online