Category: Inspired Mind Written by Michelle Maros
My dear friends,
The ability to cultivate and sustain trust is one of the most challenging and important part of relationships.
So often we think about how we can cultivate trust in the people around us, and it’s usually not always easy. But what does it mean to actually be a trustworthy person? What are the things that we can do ourselves to elicit trust from other people? To make people feel safe in our presence? To be the kind of person that people look up to and rely on?
I always say that relationships are two-way streets, it’s not enough to focus outwards, we also have to look within. If we want to have the relationships and interactions in life that make us feel loved, fulfilled, and understood, we have to cultivate that all inside ourselves as well. Cultivating trust is no different.
This week, I wanted to share with you some tangible ways that we can be that trustworthy person and show up in life the way we all would like for others to show up for us. I hope they are helpful!
- Be honest but kind. People can tell when they are being fed something that isn’t the truth. Relationships that lack honesty often lack trust. Say what you mean and mean what you say.
- Communicate clearly. Life gets so much easier when we can clearly communicate our needs, wants, and desires to the people around us. It takes away the space for guessing games and confusion.
- Be reliable. Trust is chipped away when your actions don’t match up with your words. If you commit to something, try your best to follow through with it.
- Set clear boundaries. The most trustworthy people are the ones who know where to draw a line and stick with it. If you don’t know what you stand for, you’ll fall for anything.
- Be understanding and empathetic. People love to feel safe to be vulnerable around the people they love. There is nothing better than a loved one caring for you in a time of need.
- Be authentic. When you know exactly who you are and what you want, you allow everyone else the opportunity to know the same. Show the people in your life the real you.
What are some attributes you find make someone trustworthy? Let me know in the comments below!
© 2022 crystalwind.ca. All rights reserved. We track all IP addresses. Using a VPN will now also get tracked to original source IP.
CrystalWind.ca is free to access and use.
Spirit Animal Totem Of The Day!
Who is Online Now
We have 987 guests and no members online