Category: Journeys Hits: 2047
Many people believe in the existence of spirit guides. I don't know one way or the other if so-called spirit guides actually exist or if the whole idea is purely imaginary. It's unprovable one way or the other. I only know that I can create the possibility in my mind that such guides exist, and I can imagine that I'm communicating with them. But I have no way to determine whether I'm communicating with real beings that exist on some other plane of existence, or if I'm merely communicating with aspects of my subconscious.
In practice, however, this distinction doesn't matter.
Many people like to ask their spirit guides for advice. Other people prefer conscious problem solving. And still others use techniques for accessing their subconscious intelligence. All of these approaches can work. They can all help you devise creative, intelligent, and practical solutions to real-world problems.
During times when I immersed myself in spiritual exploration, I liked using the lens of spirit guides. I especially liked communicating with animal guides. I found that when I used such lenses, my reality reflected my intentions and beliefs. Bears and eagles often popped up as symbols for me, such as to validate certain decisions I was pondering.
In other years when I was much more interested in neuroscience, I liked using the lens of communicating with the subconscious parts of my brain. I thought of my brain as my own personal supercomputer, capable of solving problems computationally with its vast network of 100 billion neurons. I would pose questions to myself and use techniques to encourage my brain to calculate possible answers that satisfied my constraints. That approach worked well too. Some problems that normally took me 2-3 days to solve with conscious effort could be solved in only 20 minutes this way, such as coming up with creative new puzzle designs when I was writing computer games.
At other times when I was deeply engrossed in the subjective reality mindset, I imagined that I lived in a subjective dreamworld. I posed questions to the world itself, such as by speaking aloud in an empty room. Then I allowed the simulated universe to bring me the solutions I desired. This was pretty amazing, especially when the solutions seemed to come from outside of me through unusual synchronicities.
Some people prefer a more social lens. They mainly seek guidance and advice from people, such as friends or experts. When they need help, they'll ask for advice via email, social media, or by phoning a friend. They may hire a coach, consultant, or trainer for help and support as well.
I don't think the particular framework matters, as long as you're able to use some lens that lets you ask for help and advice when you need it.
Seeking Advice vs. Creating Reality
Now let me nudge you to try something different.
Instead of asking for advice, guidance, or solutions, try assigning tasks instead. Depending on which lens you prefer, you can assign tasks to your spirit guides, to your subconscious mind, to your reality simulator, or to other people.
When you assign tasks, use the imperative voice. You can still be polite.
Here are some examples:
- Spirit guides, please find people who will appreciate my new workshop, and encourage them to sign up.
- Brain, wake me up at 5am tomorrow morning feeling alert, refreshed, and motivated to start my day.
- Simulator, bring me an interesting travel opportunity in Australia.
- Friends, please help me stick to my new fitness program, check up on me once every week or two, and encourage me to keep improving.
Assign tasks to invite solutions, education, resources, new behaviors, opportunities, people -- whatever you need.
How long does this take? Only a few seconds.
Does it work? Not always, but it may surprise you that it often does work. Sometimes the effects are subtle though.
Consider just the last item from the list above. If you tell your friends to help you stick with a new fitness plan and check up on you, will they do so? It depends on your friends, but many people would make some effort to comply, especially if you also express gratitude and appreciation for their help. It's not difficult to see that this could create a few small ripples.
The other cases may be more difficult to grasp unless you already have a lens in your philosophical toolbox that can explain how they might work.
Your Universal Fallback
A universal fallback is a lens you can use to explain just about anything, as long as you translate all events into the framework of that lens.
Sometimes I like using the neuroscience lens as my universal fallback. All of my thoughts influence at least some of my brain cells, so all thoughts have a self-programming effect. Whenever I declare a desire, I'm programming some part of myself to influence my behavior to make it happen. So if I think I'm talking to spirit guides or to reality itself, it doesn't matter -- I'm really just talking to my subconscious. Since my subconscious is always listening and since it's influenced by input, including my internal thoughts, then I can explain any effect as a form of brain programming.
Other times I favor the subjective reality lens as my universal fallback. I am constantly living in a simulated dream world, whether I'm aware of it or not. The simulator is always able to read me, so it knows what I want even when I can't consciously articulate it. Whatever happens then, the simulator is making it happen. Spirit guides, people, and my brain all exist within the simulator and are therefore simulations themselves. So it doesn't really matter if I use a more specific lens. The simulator hears all.
What's your favorite universal fallback lens? Do you already have one? If you speak an intention aloud in an empty room, who's listening? Is anyone or anything influenced by that? Your brain? The universe? The simulator? The Force?
If someone tells you they communicate with spirit guides, do you believe them at face value, or do you translate their statements into your preferred lens? Do you believe their guides actually exist? Are they just practicing a form of neurological self-programming in an objective universe? Are they influencing the dream world in a subjective universe?
Use whichever lens you prefer for your framework of reality. But don't just ask for advice and guidance when you feel stuck or need help. Practice deliberate creation as well. Tell your favorite guides what to do. Give them tasks to perform for you. Assume that your guides, the universe, the simulator, your friends, the gods, and/or your own brain are all on your side. Assume they're happy to help you. Tell them what you want, and invite them to bring it to you.
See what happens. ;)
Steve Pavlina is an American self-help author, motivational speaker and entrepreneur. He is the author of the web site stevepavlina.com and the book Personal Development for Smart People.
ॐ Namasté - Blessings!
© 2008-2018 crystalwind.ca. All rights reserved.
Archive: Andels Journeys
- 2019 (3)
- 2018 (18)
- December (2)
- November (1)
- October (1)
- September (2)
- August (1)
- July (1)
- June (1)
- May (3)
- April (1)
- March (1)
- February (1)
- January (3)
- 2017 (40)
- December (1)
- November (5)
- October (2)
- September (3)
- August (5)
- July (3)
- June (8)
- • The Trap of Righteousness
- • The Commercialization of Spirituality - A Multi-Billion Dollar Corporate Takeover!
- • Loneliness
- • The Masks Are Coming Off - Unveiling False Teachers
- • The Dynamics Of Fear In Fear Inducing Times
- • 10 “Spiritual” Things People Do That Are Total Bullshit
- • Karma Teaches Jerks A Valuable Lesson In Life
- • Is The New Spirituality Just A Trend?
- May (4)
- April (2)
- March (2)
- February (3)
- January (2)
- 2016 (29)
- December (5)
- November (3)
- October (3)
- August (1)
- June (1)
- May (1)
- April (3)
- March (3)
- February (3)
- January (6)
- • My Pleasure
- • Vancouver Man With Stomach Cancer Is Selling Unconditional Love On Craigslist For $0
- • Carefree People Don’t Have Attachments - Here Are 25 Reasons Why
- • Are Family Members Toxic? 10 Things to Remember
- • The World As We Know It Has Changed And There Is No Going Back To What We Were - 6 Predictions
- • How To Get More Energy: 8 New Secrets Backed By Research
- 2015 (50)
- December (4)
- November (6)
- • Neutrality — The Gateway To Transcend The Matrix
- • Soul and Personality
- • Dalai Lama on Paris & Syria – A Message for Peace
- • Know Yourself. Heal. Self-Liberate. Experiment. Build Community.
- • Groundbreaking Discovery: Man Solves Tesla’s Secret To Amplifying Power By Nearly 5000%
- • Johnny Depp Intends To Buy Site Of Wounded Knee Massacre And Gift It Back To The Native American People
- October (10)
- • Waking Up The Goddess: Where Men Meet Women
- • Why we cry
- • You’re Not Wrong
- • Canada’s New PM Issues Challenge to US – “We’re Ending Wars and Legalizing Pot”
- • Meet the USA's First School District to Serve 100% Organic Meals
- • Going Through Shadows: The Vortex Of Transformation.
- • The Rise of Lowsumerism
- • There is something extraordinary happening in the world
- • Three Ways Canadian Thanksgiving Differs From American Thanksgiving
- • Leonardo DiCaprio - Bring Down Big Oil Corporations
- September (3)
- August (2)
- July (2)
- June (6)
- May (5)
- April (2)
- March (1)
- February (5)
- January (4)
- 2014 (56)
- December (2)
- November (4)
- October (4)
- September (5)
- • Water on Earth predates Sun, meaning our life originated elsewhere – study
- • Buffalo Treaty: Native tribes sign bison revival plan in US and Canada
- • US to pay largest Native American nation $554 million in landmark settlement
- • Being Vegan and Raw Vegan Lifestyle
- • New Experiment Will Answer Some Mind-Bending Questions On Whether We Live In a Hologram
- August (3)
- July (3)
- June (4)
- May (2)
- April (3)
- March (7)
- • Spring Into the Adventure! How the Symbolism of Frogs Can Support Us Through Change
- • The Gateways Are As Open As You Are
- • Shifting Seasons And Time…..
- • Marching Forward
- • Stanford Physicist: Vast, Powerful Realm Between Particles Influenced by Human Consciousness
- • We Are Living In The Most Important Time In The History Of The Universe - Dolores Cannon Discusses Our Current Paradigm
- • Creating A Path Where There Is None
- February (9)
- • February Update
- • Finding Direction When You Feel Lost
- • How Our Narratives Inform Our Hopes for Change
- • Electromagnetic and Radio Frequency Mitigation
- • The Alchemy of Responsible Reflection
- • How You Attract Information In A Vibrational Universe
- • 'You shall not pass!' Native American groups vow to block Keystone XL pipeline
- • Architecture of the Light
- • Meeting Our Past Selves Outside Of Time
- January (10)
- • Journey to the Enchanted Forest – Your New Moon & New Year Power Animal Awaits
- • Year of the Horse is Upon Us – Ready, Set, Go!
- • The 118 Days of Creation
- • How Much Are You Filtering Your Truth? – Image Alterations Aren't Just For Big Media Anymore
- • Eight Signs You May Be Experiencing a Spiritual Awakening
- • 13 Signs You’re a Witch
- • How To Tell If You Had A Past Life In Atlantis
- • How Do I Know If It’s My Soul or My Ego Talking?
- • The Baby and the Bath Water
- • The Foundation for All Healing
- 2013 (103)
- December (12)
- • Activate Your Creative Power With Conscious Intention
- • Riding the Train of Life – Symbolism to Navigate the Tracks of Your Journey
- • Are We the Makers of Our Own Fate?
- • Lighting Your Truth to Freedom, Passion & Inspired Leadership – Closing Chapter 2013 to Write Chapter 2014′s Lively & Instinctual Year of the Horse
- • The Power of a Poor Night’s Sleep
- • Why Entrepreneurship Is A Spiritual Expression Of Freedom
- • Death and Dying from a Shamanic Perspective
- • Sliding Home For Christmas
- • The Solstice Vibe
- • You’re Only As Strong As Your Weakest Link But As Wise As Your Strongest
- • The Speed of Infinity
- • World Aids Day – December 1st
- November (29)
- • The Courage To Live Box Less -- Getting Outside The Label Labyrinth
- • The Quantum Leap Ascension Process
- • Toronto Named Most Youth Friendly City
- • Thanksgiving Day Recalibration
- • Stop Looking And See
- • Getting the Doomsday Hunger?
- • What I Hope to Be Next Year
- • At The Point of No Return
- • The Faery Referral Network
- • Thoughts on Compassion and Detachment
- • Top Ten Myths About Being a Psychic/Healer
- • Tell the “Lords” of Karma That You Are Sovereign – No Longer a Lightworker Part 2
- • Where New JFK Evidence Points - 50 Years Later + Videos
- • 3 Reasons Why It’s Better to NOT Manifest a Soul Mate Relationship
- • 10 Tycoons Who Meditate Daily To Keep Up With Their Hectic Business Life
- • Why We Should Rethink What We've Been Told About Consciousness
- • The Value of “Sloth” – Expanding Our Perceptions for Greater Wisdom
- • Why Your Voice Matters and How To Get Heard
- • Breaking the Barriers of Belief
- • Stop Being "Positive" & Start Getting Real (Joy) In Your Life
- • Are We Living in the Matrix?
- • Is the Sharing Economy Here Yet?
- • Find Your Power in Self-Sufficiency
- • Heads Up
- • Plants Exhibit The Same Senses As Humans And See, Touch, Smell, Hear and Even Taste
- • Healing The Wound(s) Within The Heart Chakra
- • True or False? I Am Perfect Just As I Am
- • Indigenous Elders and Medicine Peoples Council Statement on Fukushima
- • A Phoenix Rising - A Recommended Read
- October (18)
- • 20 Good Reasons to Have Clear Personal Boundaries
- • Let Go of Who You Are to Become What You Might Be
- • How to Be Happy: The 10-Day Happiness Challenge
- • The Law of Assumption
- • A Message from the Faeries
- • New Device Stores Electricity On Silicon Chips
- • The NAME
- • 6 Big Excuses That Can Derail Your Life
- • A Clean Break
- • An Original Blueprint
- • Your Angry Voice Demolishes Your Brilliant Argument
- • Where the Action Is NOW– Relationships
- • Homo Luminous: The New Human
- • The Two New Humanities
- • How Do I Discern the Real from False?
- • Walking on Sacred Ground
- • Not All Have Halos
- • AGAIN, Remember Who You Are
- September (14)
- • Be Careful of How You Use Words!
- • Frequency Gates – What The Heck Are They?
- • Following Our Joy to Find Freedom
- • You`ve Been Warned: Why You Need To Be Ready for Total Grid Failure
- • Spirituality and Ethics in Business
- • Life – The Projection From Within
- • 10 Ways to Shift Your Consciousness
- • The Fall Inside
- • Fall Equinox-The Gate Closes
- • Self Honesty May Deepen the Bliss Into Actualization and Full Embodiment
- • Changing Dynamics of Relationships
- • Biophotons
- • Autumn Equinox 2013 Cosmic Weather Forecast
- • Autumn Equinox: The Archangel Michael Meditation
- August (4)
- July (4)
- June (3)
- May (11)
- • How Gratitude Can Help You Through Hard Times
- • The World of Opposites: A New Take
- • The God Gene
- • Souls of Animals
- • What If Television News Disappeared?
- • Every Warrior’s Achilles Heel
- • Building Your Spiritual Muscles
- • Transmuting Collective Human Consciousness By Channeling Light
- • Is DMT the Gateway to Hell?
- • Science Finds Fountain of Youth Brain Region That Slows Down Aging
- • Remember The Power Of The Voice
- April (6)
- March (1)
- February (1)
- December (12)